• Published 8th Mar 2012
  • 722 Views, 18 Comments

Saga of the frosen heart - PrincePokerJoker



when the young viking Frost comes to equestria to find his true purpose unexpected things happens.

  • ...
6
 18
 722

Nightly Politics

IMPORTANT!!!!
this chapter has not been edited so please excuse any grammatical and spelling errors you may find thank you ^^

______________________________________________________
I leaned back. The barn roof was not the most comfortable place, but it brought me closer to the stars watching over me. This had certainly been an exhausting day. First the long trip to the Swedish coast, then the fight with Gunnar that got me sucked into another world full of magical, colorful ponies. Not the best day of my life. I let out a sigh and tried to point out some of the stars. But I couldn’t. Even the sky was alien to me. An unfamiliar sound broke my stream of thoughts and I sat up to look for the source. On the ground stood the little orange pony with the weird hat. After the mess at...what was the name... Fluttershys home she had been the one taking me to her home. I was to live in her barn from now on. I couldn’t exactly complain, most of the interior was stuff I was familiar with, and that at least gave me some feeling of “home”.

“`Y'a still cant sleep huh?” she said in a gentle tone.

“Would you be able to sleep after all that?” I said leaning back again to continue staring at the dark night sky.

“A'hh guess not” she said and I herd some scraping as a ladder was set up against the barn side. She climbed it, and sat down beside me. “But a'hh damn sure know y'a cant keep staring at the sky for all eternity” she said in a smug tone.

I smiled and looked at her “you know... my mother used to tell me that to”. The bottom of my stomach fell out at the mentioning of my mother. I saw her bright smile in my head, her long golden hair and her warm eyes that made me feel all warm an fuzzy. I shook my head and cleared my thoughts.

She must have noticed my reaction cause she moved a little closer and asked “somth'n y'a wanna talk about?”

“No i´m fine” I said in my most convincing voice. It was just not convincing enough.

“Don’t y'a lie to me. I am the element of honesty and a'hh can sniff out a lie from miles away”

Great! I had ended up the one place in this pony land where a little white lie could bring me peace. I let out a sigh and sat up “element or not doesn’t mean I have to tell you every little detail about my life” I said fixing my eyes on her.

Her cheeks turned reed and she looked away into the distance. “A'hh... a'hh didn’t mean to be rude or anything” she said “but a'hh still think I should know something about ma'hh new student” she turned to give me a little apologizing smile and continued “and if y'a cant be honest to y'a friends... then who?”

Friends? Friends? She saw me as a friend? After one single day she saw me as a friend! Either she was the most trusting or the most stupid pers... ehh pon... no wait that ain’t right either, something I had ever met. I let out a light chuckle.

“heh... never thought I would hear those words from a girl with four legs” I gave her a wink and she laughed.

“And a'hh guess I never imagined I would say it to a hairless bear” she said and we both laughed.

We sad there talking for a few more minutes. She told me about her family. Her sister Applebloom, Big Macintosh and her granny Smith. They didn’t know I was here but she planed on telling them in the morning. She told me a little about them and there apple farm. But after talking about the upcoming harvest she suddenly went silent. I looked at her as she shivered lightly. “Anything wrong” I asked more out of curiosity than concern.

“A'hh... A'hhm surely just over think'n things here but... was it true wen y'a said... y'a said y'a would eat Luna’s wings?” she said in a voice that made it sound like a silly thing to ask. But now that I thought about it... I had eaten horse before, and I had no idea how long I would stay here. How long would I be able to go without meat. And wen the time came... would I simply kill one of the ponies? No! They wore more like humans than regular ponies. But still...

I realized I hadn’t ansvered her question and gave her my best smile. “of cause not I... I was just angry at the moment. I don’t eat pony” dam! I lied in the face of the supernatural honest, lie sniffing pony, that at the same time was, the one giving me a place to live. Way to go Frost.

She eyed me for a moment, before her eyes went wide. She stood up and looked into the distance. “I see... then goodnight Mr Thundermoon” she trotted over to the ladder and was soon gone. “You my good sir are an idiot” I said to myself.

_______________________________________________________

“I see you have taken good care of your sister Celestia” the enormous black stallion said. Celestia and Luna didn’t move. Their farther was here, and that only meant one thing. The Asgardians had their eyes on Equestria once again. Celestia felt her insides turn at the sight of him. Celestia had the power to raise the sun at will. She was worshiped like a god by millions of ponies for her divine powers, but in the presence of Sleipnir, she was no more than a fading candle beside a raging bonfire.

“we had our ups and downs” she answered trying not to let the anger building up insider her slip out. Luna on the other hoof did not hesitate. She ran to his side.

“ohh farther we missed you so much!” she said, tears escaping her eyes, as she hugged one of his forelegs. His face never changed. His gaze was set on Celestia, with no emotions to read. Celestia understood Luna’s reaction. Sleipnir had only been to Equestria twice since they started ruling. And both times had been in dire heartbreaking times. Once during the Grimnir incident, and once after Celestia had sent her sister to the moon. And if he was here now... it meant things would get serious soon.

“Young one. Time is not to weep. This is about the mortal send to your realm. If you hand him over we can leave this behind us and go back to our old tasks” he said his voice still booming though the hall. Celestia already knew her answer, and she knew he did to.

“We need the mortal here, and you know that” she said with as much determination as she could gather. Now with the formalities out of the way Sleipnir let out a sigh and put a hoof on Luna’s head.

“I know about your prophecy. But you must see reason Celestia, he is a chosen of the thunder god, if he wasn’t in Joutunheim drinking his brain out, he would already be here ripping the place apart”

Luna steeped away from him and shook her head slightly “we know that farther. But we have no choice. Like last time, this mortal might be the key to save our realm”

“You are a fool if you think that. And you are a fool if you think that I will help you this time. Odin already has his eyes on the boy, and the Asgardian armies are growing restless. That alone is enough excuse for the Allfarther to let lose his warriors” Sleipnir said trying to reason with his daughters.
Celestia met his gaze with anger still growing inside her “He wouldn’t dare that! Not since the gate of Tartaros was moved here! The southern gods will see it as an declaration of war and...”

“And that is what he hopes for” he said.

They all stood in silence for a moment. A full scale war between the celestial realms... it would mean the end of the mortal world. What was Odin thinking? Is he willing to go that far just to prove his strength? Has he gone mad!?

“And I guess you just bowed your head and agreed like the good horse you have always been?” Celestia responded her eyes ablaze. Sleipnir said nothing, but Luna could see the words had their impact. But Celestia was far from done. “Just like you did with mother!”

Sleipnir took a step back and bowed his head nearly reaching their height. “Please Celestia...” his voice reduced to a whisper.

“Or do you agree with him? Do you want the mortals to suffer?”

“Please Celestia I beg you...”

“Is it because of what they meant to her? Just because she loved a mortal more than you?”

“Celly please....” tears was forming in his eyes now.

“And I guess since she loved them so much... she was no better than them”

“SHE GAVE ME NO CHOICE” Sleipnir yelled anger forming the words. Sleipnir had raised to his full height again, and the mere presence of his magical aura made their horns hurt. The hall was shaking and many windows burst from the impact of his voice. But the most frighting was... that he was not even trying.

Sleipnir shook his head, getting his anger under control. Then he looked at them “you rule the most harmonic realm of all, and put your trust in a mortal that haven’t even seen half of his of life. Tell me why you put not only your realm, but entire mortal world in the hands of this lesser creature! All because of some prophecy by a madman? You are truly the ones that have lost your senses?”

But both Luna and Celestia held their ground against his threads. They knew that defiance might turn their realm into a battleground. But at the same time, they knew that the alternative would be a much grimmer fate for their subjects. It was not even up for discussion.

“As the great madman Starswirl once said” they said at the same time. “The time shall come wen another will come. One that will face the horrors of his own world in the place of others. One that will surpass the one before him. And with his legacy banish the nightmare that is chaos. And break the chains that will bind ponykind. But only wen his heart is ready. Because only the heart of one that understand both pain and joy, truly understands harmony.” it had been ages since anyone had uttered the prophesy, and most of the ponies that knew it wore no more. But it was time to bring it forth again. Time to believe that the words was more than just that. Words.

Sleipnir let out a long and deep sigh. “this will be the last time I ask you” and then shifted his voice to be the royal Canterlot voice, better known as the official celestial parley tone. “I ask thou now rulers of the realm known as Equestria. Do thou willingly hand over the mortal, recently misplaced into your domain. If thou do not, I am forced to report to the Alfarther that Equestria is unwilling to reform balance between the worlds. Is understanding of these terms reached, and a peaceful solution eminent?”

“understanding of the terms have reached us. And as rulers of the realm known as Equestria we decline thine offer. And we will await the Alfarthers reply in terms of alternatives” Celestia replied.

“So it shall be done!” and with a deafening roar, Sleipner engulfed himself in shimmering light, and vanished.


_______________________________________________________________________

Authors note:

So I finally got around finishing this chapter ( yes I am still writing).
It took me some time since I had my exams and most of the summer Holiday I have to spend on festivals and booze. And no I have no idea wen the next chapter will be up, since I still have a million things to do. But it will be out wen I get time.

About this chapter. I finally got the whole Sleipnir thing out! So yes Sleipnir is like a messenger for the Asgardians wen it comes to Equestria (seems natural since his kids are the rulers) and the southern gods mentioned is Zeus and that bunch (in case you didn’t figure that out). Uhh and I threw in a little about Frosts background! So all in all... things will be interesting from here.


DISCLAIMER. I OWE NOTHING NOT EVEN THIS COMPUTER.

And in case anybody cares. I am about to start a Bronie band with a couple of friends. So if you are interested I will surely be posting whatever we make on my blog... just wanted you guys to know.

Comments ( 2 )

925350 i know what you meen but hey... you gota give the masses what they want :derpytongue2:

1. Log on after a month
2. see this updated
3. First update read!
4. Not disappoint!

Login or register to comment