• Published 7th Mar 2012
  • 2,681 Views, 154 Comments

Is this how it ends? - Slick Dash



The third and final instalment of my Rainbow/Tom series...

  • ...
6
 154
 2,681

Time to get up kiddo!

“Hey, budge up!” Rainbow pushed me in the back, trying to make me move, giggling as she did so.
“Oooohhhh, I think I’m too tired. I don’t think I CAN move!” I said, slumping over the top of her.
“No! Stop it! I’m falling off Tom!” she pushed even harder as she tipped over the side of the bed. I finally gave in and let myself role back onto my side of the mattress. The rainbow mare scrambled for a second, trying to stay on the sheets. When she was secure she looked at me.

“You think you’re so funny don’t you!” She said, unable to hide her amused smile.
“Well you obviously do to. So I guess the two of us can’t be wrong.” I stretched out and lay my hands under my head, nuzzling into the deep pillow beneath me. Dash laughed again, she shifted until she was right next to me.
“I suppose so. But there’s is another thing we can agree on.” I turned my head.
“And that is?”

She smirked at me, I could tell that something was coming. I braced myself, ready to throw off any attack or object she sent my way in jest. “You...” Her eyes travelled to my side, “Are too easily distracted.” I frowned at her for a moment.
“What do you me”- her wings shot out to her sides, I backed away in shock and fell with a resounding thump on to the wooden floor. From my new found position I could hear Dash perfectly, she was laughing hard. I peered over the side of the bed to see her on her back rolling about with joy.

“Oh so now who’s the comedian?!” I yelled as I quickly got to my feet and grabbed her playfully. The two of us tossed around wrestling for a few moments. Finally she stopped pushing against me and relaxed, and I did the same. She was beneath me now, She looked up at me with those big pink eyes and smiled.
“Hi...” she said quietly. She was the most adorable thing I’d ever seen, simply lying there gazing up at me with that beautiful expression on her face.
“Hi...” I replied just as quietly. We lay there for a moment, simply gazing at one another. She began to crane her neck up towards me, her eyes shutting as she moved closer. I leant in and met her lips without argument.

We lay there simply kissing one another. Her tongue was hot and excited, my own struggled to keep up with her eager flicks and movements. My hand travelled up her body, ruffling the fur on her back as my fingers travelled to her Rainbow mane. Her forelegs wrapped around my neck, pulling me in closer to her.

My hand travelled back down her body and towards her flank, as small gasp of enjoyment escaped Dash’s lips between kisses as she felt my fingers stroke and curve around her shapely figure. She leaned to one side, pulling me along with her as she did so. Suddenly our roles reversed, as I fell to my side she continued to move with the momentum. She now lay on top of me, leaning down to me as we continued.

She pulled herself away, leaning on her haunches that rested on my legs. “I’d say we have this whole thing pretty much sorted out now!” When I looked at her puzzled she giggled and gave me a playful slap on my chest. “You know... this. Us. In...well...bed.” She blushed scarlet and tried to look away in embarrassment of her outburst, but I caught hold of her face with my right hand and met her gaze.
“Actually I think you could leave it at ‘We have THIS sorted out’” She smiled at me with those stunning teeth, and leant back in. Her lips were merely inches from mine, and her foreleg began to travel down my chest towards my waist...

“RIGHT! ENOUGH SLEEPING! GET UP!” the scene froze. I stared as the image before me, Dash began to melt away into a dark musty ceiling. My Dash, that night had been only a few weeks ago, and yet it seemed a lifetime away! A red face appeared above me, his orange hair catching in the light seeping from a crack in the wall. “Time to get up kiddo! You need some food.” Still in half a dreamlike state I rubbed my eyes and laughed.
“Since when have you called me ‘kiddo’ Big Mac?” There was a grunt from the figure before me, it sounded confused.

As I looked on, the illusion shattered. It wasn’t Big Macintosh, it was just a man. He looked at me with raised eyebrow, obviously curious to the name I’d called him. “Oh, I’m sorry.” I gushed, raising my hands to chest height. “I thought you were sompon- somebody else.” The figure grunted again and moved to a small table where there sat some bread and water.

I took a moment to look around, the walls were bare and filthy. Cracks ran across the plaster like many small black spider webs, and the floor was covered with a stained and discoloured carpet. What a horrible place! My distain obviously showed on my face, because the man on the other side of the room suddenly grew short tempered. “Well, it’s not a castle! But it’s sure as hell better than sleeping out on the streets!”

I looked down at my knees in shame, I didn’t speak to lessen the chance of me insulting this kind stranger even more. Kind stranger... I rose to my feet and slowly made my way to the food waiting for me. My feet were heavy, and my side was soar from where I’d been attacked. “Y-You were the one who...”
“Saved you from that little turd beating the living hell out of you last night?” He didn’t look happy at what he had done, neither did he look annoyed. He simply sounded violent and angry whenever he spoke.
“Y-Yeah...” I couldn’t help but think of how much I sounded like Fluttershy.

I took a slice of bread, and tore into it with sudden unknown hunger. The man chuckled as he watched me rip through the weak food in seconds. “So I was right, you haven’t eaten for a few days. You looked like hell when I found you, and I mean besides all the mud and bruises.” He seemed to look genuinely concerned for me for one moment as a look of worry creased his brow. “How old are you? 18? 19? What the hell are you doing out on the streets? Shouldn’t you be at home?”

I laughed, “That’s where I’m trying to get to...” I was solemn with thought. All I could think of was getting home to Twilight, Pinkie, Rarity, Applejack, quiet little Fluttershy, spike, and of course Rainbow Dash. “Look, thank you for saving me last night. Really, thank you! But I’m sorry I need to get going.” The man looked a little taken aback, had I said something wrong?
“Y-you’re a little too polite buddy, It’s... abnormal for these parts, but...I guess you’re welcome.” Too Polite? I didn’t really think there was such a thing, Every second in this world just showed me how I no longer belonged there. Even if this was the world I was born in, it wasn’t my home.

I turned back to my bed to pick up my only belonging, It wasn’t over my back after all. The mattress was bare, nothing lay on it. I turned around the room, suddenly worried and anxious. Where was-
“If you’re looking for your coat, I took it into my room for safe keeping. Didn’t want it falling down the back of the bed or behind a desk, after all...” He exited the room and beckoned me to follow him. “It was important enough for you to nearly set yourself on fire to get it back.”

We entered a small sitting room, and there folded over the back of a chair was my beloved coat. “Thank god!” I rushed over to the black garment and snatched it up. The nameless man watched as I put it on, when I stood there fully dressed he commented on my appearance very quietly.
“You know, you look like a completely different man with that thing on.” I laughed for the first time in days. I WAS a different man, because the fact that this coat wasn’t damaged meant one thing: Magic still worked in this world! I could return to Equestria, if I found some more!