• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 460 Views, 1 Comments

What is Madness? - Broniesrponies2



Human in Luna's Boredom Cure universe. He comes through the void completely insane with the ability to make things happen by writing them down.

  • ...
1
 1
 460

A Midsummer Night's Reality

Midnight tossed and turned on the bed next to Octavia. He couldn't stay asleep. The giggling sound of the human was permanently ingrained in his head. He could close his eyes, even drifting off, but the strange sound persisted. It even stopped when Luna had deliberately tried to keep it out. Eventually, he sighed and stretched out his legs, pulling himself out of bed slowly. Octavia was fast asleep somehow. Midnight replaced the cover over her and walked to the door. He followed the giggling sound, sure that Luna would still be at the other end of it.

She was. The human, Luna and Vinyl were back up on Luna's balcony where at least two out of three belonged. Only Celestia knew where the human belonged, but if Vinyl was to be believed, raging drunk or not, he belonged in another universe. He knocked on the door and was allowed out into the open air above Canterlot. Vinyl had left her bucket back down in the infirmary, apparently. The conspicuous absence of vomit lending thought to the conclusion that she no longer required it. As things were, it could almost be just like old times, except normally, their wouldn't be a giggling human above their heads.

That was the strange thing. Now, there was no magical aura surrounding it, but it still levitated, slowly rotating. The figure gave a sharp little giggle and then spoke.

"See, told you. Now, ask him why he's here."

"Shouldn't you know?" asked Luna.

"Nope. Just wrote that he comes onto the balcony. He his own reason." it said.

"I am here because that infernal giggling is even in my dreams." said Midnight. The human giggled again.

"But isn't this just so funny? Look at your world. Doesn't it make you want to laugh? The twists, the turns, can't you see all of the wavy lines. What about the storms? Please tell me you can feel the storms. They tickle so much. I love it!"

"What is he talking about?" asked Midnight to Vinyl. She still seemed to be the only pony following the gibberish.

"Well, the way that he got here was he was whisked consciously through the nothingness between dimensions. As a result, his mind began to fracture and split. His brain tried to use 5 senses to make sense of things going on in multiple dimensions. We are used to 4. The first is what we call the x-axis, and is length. Next is the y-axis of width and third comes the z-axis of height or depth. Finally, we perceive the fourth dimension, time as a constant unmeasurable focal point of our existence. We don't actually perceive time because time is what we perceive the other 3 dimensions in.

"What happened to him is that he was pulled forcefully from his universe and sent through a plane of existence that exists in more than 4 dimensions. You literally can't imagine how somepony might perceive it because we don't have the senses, the mind or the simple cranial capacity to comprehend what we are seeing without going mad. He went mad, but before he did, he learned to perceive several of the dimensions before his mind imploded. Now he can see, hear and feel things that we can only dream of. And I'm not sure that we want to dream of them. Some of the things he's mentioned..." Vinyl shuddered.

"So, what were you talking about when I arrived?" asked Midnight, hiding from the insane lecture by changing the subject. Vinyl could make you want to do that. Sometimes it seemed that she was wasted on dubstep and alcohol.

"I asked him if he could make you appear instantly." said Luna, "Well, you showed up about a second later. The question is, how?"

" 'Can you make anypony appear instantly?' asked Luna.

There was a knock on the door and Midnight walked through. A short conversation later, the human held out a hand and a pencil appeared. Then he began to write on thin air with pure light." dictated the human as the glowing letters appeared in the air.

"What the fuck just happened?" asked Midnight slowly.

"I am the author. You are the main characters. Nice to meet you all. My name is Josh."

Author's Note:

I punched my laptop screen about 20 hours ago. Right now, I have a board across my lap with a monitor, keyboard and my mouse while my laptop is sitting on a small table beside my bed with an assortment of cables poking from it. This fic is apparently what I am going to be writing to keep the madness at bay for a while. *Rereads fic* Oh.
IT IS UPON ME! TO STOP I MUST RELEASE MORE CHAPTERS AND REFILL MY SANITY METER! QUICKLY, I MUST PROCURE A COPY OF ANY AMNESIA GAME!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment