• Published 5th Jul 2012
  • 1,075 Views, 15 Comments

Shadow Flame (The Path of Burning Darkness) - Dranlu



A pony named Shadow Flame tells a story of his uprising against princess celestia

  • ...
2
 15
 1,075

Chapter 7: Burning Ascendancy - The Ignition

Chapter 7: Burning Ascendancy -The Ignition


The sun rose and cut a thin line of light into the room through Rarity's window, slowly brightening up the room and eventually waking Shadow.

"Ah, that was some of the best sleep I've gotten in a long time." He looked at the foot of the bed, and saw Rarity still tied up with tears and mascara running from her eyes. She was staring at him with a look of intense fear.

"Don't worry my dear, everything will be over soon. Shadow stretched a little, "And because of your generosity for letting me stay the night, I will make sure your death is a quick one when the time comes."

Shadow got out of bed, walked to the window, and pulled the shade. "Remember Rarity, don't tell anypony what I told you or," He conjured a small flame in his right hoof, "Everything you love will slowly simmer to its death."

She stared at him helplessly and tried to speak through the gag shadow had secured around her, nothing came out.

"Now I must go meet your friend Rainbow Dash. She and I should get along well, don't you think?"

Shadow walked to the window, and looked back at Rarity. He put his hooves on his lips, blew her a kiss, and smiled. "See you around," he said as he looked down and closed his eyes. Boom! He was gone in a vicious crack of red magic.


"ok....Rainbow lives in Cloudsdale. So that's where I'm going to have to go. In order to get there, I will need the wings of a pegasi……unless this works."

Shadow started to focus magic around himself and dust began to swirl in a vortex surrounding him as he slowly started to rise from the ground. As he was doing this an orangish red glow started to envelop his back. Then a bright flash was made as Shadow slowly descended to the ground with a pair of magical wings behind him. The wings were not like the wings of a pegasi, but more like that of a dragon. Except they didn't have scales, they were made of pure magical fire.

"Well, that was easier than I thought it would be. Now I better give them a test flight..." Shadow began flapping his newly conjured wings slowly and lifted off the ground.

"Most joyful they work! Now to test for some speed... "He flew a little higher, just enough to get high from the ground but still under the clouds. He started flying faster and faster.

"These wings are fast, but nowhere near the speed of Rainbow, but I have a trick or two up my sleeve… "

After flying around a bit more, Shadow began the flight to Cloudsdale. It didn't take long before he arrived there and began scouting for Rainbow Dash. After searching for about ten minutes, he found her fast asleep on a cloud. He flew up and stood on it next to her, and slightly nudged her. She looked up still half asleep.

"Oh hey there Shadow, I'm just taking a break from work... Wait! How are you up here standing on a cloud talking to me? You're a unicorn!"

"Hi there Rainbow, and yes I am a Unicorn. But I used my magic to craft myself a pair of wings so I could come up here and explore and to challenge you to a race!"

Rainbow began to smile, "You won't stand a chance, I'm the fastest flyer in Equestria. And you're not even a pegasi!"

"If you're so confident in yourself, race me to the road in front of sweet apple acres then."

"You're on Shadow! Ready, SET, GO!" Rainbow took off with a crack of speed. As she looked to her side, Shadow was right there staring back at her. Rainbow's speed increased, slowly pulling ahead of Shadow. He caught up, and Rainbow began to kick herself into overdrive. It was only to pass Shadow, but now she got farther and farther ahead. She was almost too Sweet Apple Acres now. She looked back to see where Shadow was, and he looked like an ant to her. "I've got this in the ba-"

She was cut off as a fireball of speed tore past her and into the ground in font of Sweet Apple Acres, landing with an explosion. Rainbow landed right next to it shortly after.

"I-I can't believe you beat me Shadow... I'm supposed to be the fastest flyer in Equestria…." she began to look sad.

"You are the fastest flyer in Equestria Rainbow. Actually I wasn't flying; I was using my magic to propel myself through the air. That last burst of speed was me using a cone of fire spell behind me to boost myself like a rocket. I would've lost if not for my magical talent. And I'd say that's a cheap way to win, so I'm handing the victory to you."

Rainbows face went from sad to happy, and slightly angry. "Yeah! What the heck! Using magic in a flying contest! And you're right, you used magic. You weren't flying at all! Haha!"

"Yeah that makes you number one, Rainbow. You always will be."

Rainbow smiled and blushed a little, "Thanks Shadow, you're a good friend."

"I'm Glad you say that Rainbow, because I know somponies around here don't like me at all."

"Who are they? I'll beat the hay out of them!"

"No no Rainbow, calm down. It's nothing I can't handle myself. Now if you will excuse me, I have a matter I need to attend too."

"Oh, well alright then. It was fun racing you Shadow, and nice talking to you too."

Shadow nodded, "Yes it was fun, now I'm off. See you around."

They both waved at each other, and Rainbow took off back to Cloudsdale. Then Shadow started looking at his wings,

"Ugh. I can finally get rid of these showy things..." He sent a charge of magic to them, and they fell to the ground like sparks.

"Ahh, that's a lot better. Now that simpleton Rainbow likes me. I only need to meet one more pony, and then I can begin my assault tonight. Equestria will be set ablaze! Tonight will end in fire! Ahahaha"

Shadow cut his laugh short as he noticed that the sun was low for this time of day. Then it hit him.

"Damn that Rarity! I was up late tying her up and her bed was so comfortable. I must've over slept! I need to find Fluttershy quickly" The sun was starting to set, Nightfall was about to grip Equestria.

With that, Shadow teleported to the edge of the Everfree Forest and began to walk up the path to Fluttershy's house.

"Good thing Pinkie told me where she lives" Shadow thought to himself as he walked up the path.

A knock was heard at Fluttershys door. There was no answer and again another knock followed.

"I don't have time for this!" barked Shadow.

There was one more knock and then the door came flying off its hinges with a loud explosion crashing inside of Fluttershy's house causing what seemed like dozens of small animals to cry and scurry about. Shadow walked in and looked around.

"She's not here…Damn it she must be in the forest, Well that's not all bad…I could burn the whole place down to find her...but that might kill her. Bah! It doesn't matter at this point I need to move quickly!"

Shadow looked up at the sun to see it starting to set.

"OH NO! I need to hurry!"

He turned from the house and Ran into the Forest yelling for Fluttershy in what seemed like a voice of a Demon screaming from hell.

"Fluttershy! Where are you? I just want to Say Hello to you!
Where are you my little pony?"

He paused "Damn this is getting nowhere fast, I need to pick up some speed!"

The Fiery wings sprouted from his back "These should give me just the boost I need."

He took off speeding through the forest igniting trees with fire as he went along; it didn't take long before a forest fire had started.

"If this mare doesn't want to show her face, ILL JUST BURN HER OUT!"….
"Wait what's this?"

Shadow saw what seemed to be the opening to an abandoned mine, the entrance old and dusty with signs that read "keep out unstable area." He landed next to it to get a better look when something on the ground next to an old rusty mine cart caught his eye. It was an old stick of high explosive dynamite.

"Ahh now this could come in handy" He picked it up with his magic shrunk it and stuck it behind his ear.

The forest fire had started to Rage by this point. Shadow was staring at it smiling with a devilish grin.

"So beautiful….. And soon all of Equestria will look like this!"

Shadow took to the air and in a short time was above the forest.

"Let's speed this process up a little!"

Shadow began to fire streams of flames and fireballs franticly into the forest burning everything they touched turning the land under him into a Raging inferno.

"EVERYTHING WILL BURN"!

Shadow looked up to see that it was almost now nightfall.

"HAHAHA my plans to attack Celestia are now in play! – NOW! LETS BURN EVEYTHING TO THE GROUND!!

Shadow took off towards canterlot castle leaving a stream of fire in the air behind him.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Oh No! Screamed Fluttershy as she emerged from behind a rock near her house "I Need to warn the other and tell them to get to the castle quickly before anyone gets hurt!" she made a V line to Twilights house to warn her.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


As shadow was flying towards the castle he saw that the fire he started in the forest was causing the sky to get full of smoke clouding vision in some areas.

"More….There needs to be more fire! And would you look at that! Ponyville looks exceptionally flammable tonight!"

As shadow flew over ponyville he was throwing fireballs all over the town slowly setting it ablaze. Until he saw the town square where he landed and began chanting a spell to himself.
While he was chanting fire began to spin around him in a vortex, he flew out of the top of it and focused a stream of magic into it.

Shortly after doing this, twisted forms of ponies came shambling out of the flaming vortex in massive waves, screaming and burning everything they touched. The Citizens of ponyville where shrieking and running for their lives.

"That should keep the majority of the princess's army busy… now to pay her a visit and exact the Revenge I've waited so long for!"

Shadow took off towards the castle at unimaginable speed, fueled by hatred and the taste of revenge.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Is everything you just told me true Fluttershy?" asked Twilight with a tear in her eye.

"Yes…. I'm so sorry to tell you but I'm not lying I saw him with my own eyes….and heard what he said for myself."

"Alright…. in that case we have to stop him, quick we need to get the others and get to the castle fast!"

"Are you going to be ok Twilight?" Asked Fluttershy

"I don't know" said Twilight with tears running down her face
"But no matter what we have to protect the princess!"


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Shadow had just made it into viewing range of the castle now

"Look at this Celestia, it's your lovely castle! But let me tell you…It will make an even better Grave!"

He flew a little closer and was now within attacking range of the castle….
He raised both hooves into the air and started channeling magic all around himself, he began to glow, His body seemed to flash once with the intensity of a solar flare then he pointed at the castle with one hoof and said

"Prepare yourself you false idol of power!….Prepare yourself for the funeral Pyre because your time is up and your rule is coming to an end Celestia!"




"Hahahaaha….it begins….." laughed an evil voice from within Canterlot Castle