• Published 11th Oct 2013
  • 1,962 Views, 12 Comments

Revenge of the Windigos - Solid Script



They've plotted, they've planned, they've waited. Now the time has come for them to enact their revenge and bring Equestria to its knees. This time the Fires of Friendship will be snuffed out.

  • ...
5
 12
 1,962

Stories and Dreams

Twilight and her friends spoke late into the evening of what they would do for the Centennial Hearths Warming Celebration. But for the life of her Twilight could not fully concentrate on the planning.

“Anyway Twi what other moves do you think will wow the crowds besides my signature sonic rainboom because I was thinking that…hello Equestria to Twilight Sparkle,” said Rainbow Dash.

“Ah!” Twilight shouted with a start. “Ow I’m sorry Rainbow Dash what were you saying?” Twilight asked.

“Alright sugurcube what’s eatin ya?” Apple Jack asked as looked up from her book One Thousand and One Apple Cuisines from Around the World.

“No don’t tell me…you want to make all birthdays a national holiday,” Pinkie Pie said with a big smile.

“No Pinkie that’s not….Okay don’t tell me…um…ow, your’re wondering if that guard you kept running into at the Crystal Empire, you know the one that reminded of you that guy you met in the other world…Bash Pantry,” Pinkie Pie guessed.

“Ah Pinkie Pie, darling, I don’t think that was his name,” Rarity corrected.

“His name is Flash Sentry and I figured out that I was only smitten with him because he reminded me of the guy I met in the other world,” Twilight said still not convinced of this herself as her face turned red even though she didn’t quite believe it after all the ponies in that world were practically mirror images of those in this world and from the looks on her friends faces they didn’t buy it.

“Okay maybe that’s part of it but that’s not the main reason, it’s Nyx,” Twilight said.

“Is sumone giving er a ard time?” Applejack asked.

“No, no it’s nothing like that, its just…she’s hiding something from me. I can’t explain it I just know, I think my mother called it mothers intuition. I just feel something’s not right. I wonder if I’m a good mother I mean I’ve only been one for a year,” Twilight said as a tear fell down her face.

“Twilight that is the silliest thing I’ve ever heard, of course you’re a good mother. Nyx knows you love her,” Fluttershy said.

“Yeah Twi there are just some things that little bit needs to work out for herself you know,” Rainbow Dash said.

“Besides darling if something was really wrong I’m sure she’d tell you in a heart beat,” Rarity said with a flick of her mane.

Twilight Sparkle smiled at her friends. “Thanks guys but if Nyx or her friends mention anything will you tell me?” Twilight asked.

“That’s a silly question, of course we’ll tell you and that’s a Pinkie Promise,” Pinkie Pie said.

“Also Rarity, AJ, Rainbow Dash there’s something that you should know,” Twilight said as she went into detail about the snowmobile.

Then the clock struck seven as it let out a chime throughtout the throne room.

“Oh sorry for keeping you so long girls. alright so you will be ready to leave by morning?” Twilight asked her friends.

Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy all agreed.

“Nyx come say goodbye,” Twilight called up to her daughters room. “Everybody is getting ready to go.”

“Okay mom we’re coming,” Nyx shouted from her room.

Nyx, Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Spike ran out out the room and zipped the throne room.

“Mom, since you, me, Spike and your friends are all going to Canterlot for Hearth Warming is it okay if I bring my friends along?” Nyx asked.

“Well it’s fine by me, what about you guys?” Twilight asked.

“Ow its fine, that’s not a problem is it,” Fluttershy said.

“Yeah, I always wanted my own little helpers,” Pinkie Pie said doing her Pinkie hop.

“Granny’s goona ave a barnyard size fit if she finds out Applebloom iz still hangin out with Nyx. I guezz we’d betta nut tell er then,” Applejack said with a smile and wink.

“Alright, but Sweetie Belle you must be on your best behavior and stay out of the way,” Rarity said.

“I’ll have to run it by Scoots parents but I’m sure I can bring them around,” Rainbowdash boastfully said with a big smile.

The CMC cheered at the good news. With a lady like cough Rarity got everyone’s attention.

“Come girls, we don’t wanna hold up Twilight any longer after all we have our own packing to do,” Rarity said.

“Not to worry Rarity I’ll have you all home in a second,” Twilight said as her horn filled with magic and in a bright flash everypony except Twilight, Nyx, Spike, and Owlowiscious was gone.

“Wow,” was all Nyx could say still stunned at how effortlessly her mom cast a mass teleportation spell.

“Being a princess has its benefits,” Twilight said with a mischievous smile. “Alright everypony time to plan, organize, and pack for our trip.”

“Hooray!” Nyx cheered since she loved nothing more than to organize with her mom. “Can I use the clipboard this time?”

“Yes, of course you may,” Twilight said with a smile as Nyx pumped her right front hoof into the air. “Everypony means you to spike,”Twilight said as she levitated Spike off the ground as he tried to sneak away.

“Ow…joy,” Spike said rolling his eyes as Twilight magically carried him next her.

So that night Twilight, Nyx, and a begrudging Spike spent nearly half the night packing laughing and telling stories. When the packing was finished Twilight conjured up a meal for herself, Nyx, Spike, and Owlowiscious. They had the gingerbread cookies Pinkie Pie brought over from the bakery for dessert. When the meal was done and the dishes were washed Twilight helped Nyx get ready for bed. After Nyx was bathed and brushed her teeth Twilight helped Nyx into her pajamas, she couldn’t help but reminded of the first day she’d found Nyx and brought her home.

“Mommy are you alright?” Nyx inquired concerningly as she saw a melancholy look come over her mothers face.

“Oh yes Nyx, I'm fine, I was just remembering, now, how about a story?” Twilight asked.

“Ow yes,” Nyx said as a she leapt into her bed. “Count me in to Twi,” Spike said leaping up beside Nyx. Owlowiscious flew into the room and land onto Nyx’s bedpost while Twilight settled next to her daughter’s bed.

“This is a story that my mother told me. Once a long in a far away land there lived a prosperous and happy kingdom ruled by a wise king and loving queen. The rulers also had a daughter a beautiful princess who was kind and wise but also loved to have adventures. “Like you mommy.” Twilight giggled at her daughter’s comparison. “Yes Nyx like me, except she was born a princess and her coat was whiter than any snow and her mane and eyes bluer than any sapphire. Her name was Princess Lazuli. One day during her wondering Lazuli found a unicorn stallion with a black coat and blue mane, inured in the woods with a talisman of shining crystal hanging around his neck.The princess ran over to the unicorn stallion. He was alive but barely breathing, she used her magic and brought him back to her castle and her healers attend to him immediately.After a few days the stallion awakened from his unconsciousness covered in bandages. At his side he saw the Lazuli levitating a bowl of water while dipping a cloth into it.

As Twilight spun her tale the characters soon began to take on a life of their own inside of Nyx’s mind.

“Where…am I?” The Stallion asked as he slowly tried to rise up.

“You’re here in my parents' kingdom. I found you injured in the woods, I brought you here to be healed you’ve unconscious for two days,” Lazuli said.

The stallion's eyes widened as his right front hoof shot to his neck to find it bare. “The amulet… where it it?!” The Stallion asked looking around wildly.

“Oh that thing, it’s by your bedside,” Lazuli said as she walked over to the mysterious stallion’s side.

Seeing the medallion the stallion struggled to rise up. “Please…I have…to go… it’s na..AAAAH!” The Stallion shouted as his injuries sent a searing pain throughout his body. Lazuli gently pushed the stallion and applied the healing salve to his forehead. “Lie still your injuries still haven’t completely healed and moving around will only reopen though wounds. I can assure you that you’re quite safe here,” Lazuli said in a soothing tone.

The Stallion shook his head slowly and sadly. “I’m afraid that nowhere is safe and I put you and your kingdom in danger. I am Aero former apprentice of Wain the Brilliant. Some time ago my master defeated a terrible sorcerer by the name of Boreas the Storm Bringer and took his amulet, the very one I had hung around my neck. It was some time before Boreas regained his power but needed the amulet to complete his renewal. My master was very old and Boreas had used his dark powers to preserve himself, as he sensed Boreas’s coming, he passed on his knowledge and power to me, gave me the amulet, and told me to run. I didn’t want to leave him but… I,” Aero began to cry as he remembered the hut that he and his master lived in exploding as Wain sacrificed himself so that his apprentice could get away. Lazuli gently enfolded the sobbing stallion in her arms as he mourned the loss of the stallion who was like a father to him.

After what seemed like hours Aero’s tears dried up and he looked at the tear stains on Lazuli’s gown. “My apologies princess I ruined your dress,” Aero said in an apologetic voice.

“It’s alright I gave ten more just like it. You’re worried that this Boreas will come for you, to retrieve the amulet,” Lazuli said. “Yes and he will destroy all those that get in his way, he nearly caught me once but I got away but just barely, that’s why I must leave,” Aero said.

“No, you must stay and get well, I promise that as long as you stay in this you shall be protected,” Lazuli said. “But… no buts I’ll tell your story to my father I know that he will help you. Now get some rest so that you can better,” Lazuli said to Aero as she went to get some more healing salve. Nyx then heard Twilight’s voice as the story once again took on a narration.

“It was some time before Aero was fully healed but during that time he and Lazuli fell in love with each other and soon they decided that they should be wed. Aero still worried about Boreas but with his love by his side he felt he could do anything. On the day of their wedding as they stood before Lazuli’s father in the castle gardens to say their vows a dark storm appeared out of nowhere. Aero looked to the sky in horror,” Twilight said as Nyx once more became enthralled with the story.

“He has found me my love,” Aero lamented as a bolt of lighting struck the middle of the ailse. The wedding guest scattered as the light cleared. In the middle of the scorched garden grass stood a yeti with red eyes in a black robe that looked like a snow storm in a dark night.

“Guards seize him!” The King shouted. His guards swarmed around Boreas forming a tight ring around him, leveling their magic, wing blades, and other weapons at him. Boreas merely rolled his eyes a gust of wind burst from his robe and scattered the guards all over the royal gardens. He then turned his gaze towards the happy couple.

“You have snagged yourself a fine bride Aero, though I am a little upset that I didn't get an invitation but I came bearing a gift anyway. This gift is an opportunity and I rarely give them, this gift is the opportunity to keep your lives and insure the safety of your kingdom. Give…me…my…talisman. After-all we don’t want the fate that befell your master to befall others,” Boreas said his threat hanging in the air. Aero seethed with rage, but what choice did he have now he did not have the skills to beat Boreas and he would not put his love or her kingdom in danger. Before his hooves moved to his neck Lazuli stepped forward.

“Never you abomination!” Lazuli shouted. “Besides we know you won’t keep your word!”

Boreas arched his eyebrow in amusement. “You have a fire within you little mare I’ll give you that but it’s not very lady like to have such a fiery temper. Let me help cool you down!” Boreas shouted as he shot an ice blast from his hands. Aero left in front of his beloved to protect her from the blast. Suddenly, the talisman radiated a with a gold and red light a shield formed around the couple and blocked the attack. Lazuli and Aero looked at each in amazement, they were alive their love had saved them. Boreas looks on in shock, then the shock turned to rage.

NO, NOOOO, I will not be denied!” Boreas shouted as he shot another ice blast at them. “Aero and Lazuli focused their love into the amulet and a wave of light burst from the talisman and blasted Boreas into nothingness. The sky cleared and Lazuli and Aero were wed,” Twilight said as her voice once more took over the narration. The sound of a soft whinny and loud snore stirred her from her tale. Twilight smiled as she that her daughter and her number one assistant had both fallen asleep.

“And they lived happily ever after,” Twilight whispered as she gently kissed her daughter Goodnight. Owlowiscious glided onto Twlight’s back as she levitated Spike into the air. After making sure Nyx was tucked into her bed, Twilight walked out of her daughter’s room using her magic to gently close the door behind her. Twilight walked down her castle's corridor until she came to her room and she quietly opened the door. She magically pulled back the covers of Spike’s bed and gently lowered him onto his mattress and tucked him in as well. “Sleep tight my number one assistant we have a long week ahead of us,” Twilight said.

Hearing a hoot behind her Twilight turned around and saw Owlowiscious sitting on tree branch, Twilght smiled as she went over to her bedroom window and looked out over the empty streets of Ponville as others settled into their houses for either rest or for celebrations. The view of the town and the night sky was amazing from her castle.

“Princess Luna has really outdone herself this time,” Twilight said as she admired the night sky. Closing the window Twilight let out a yawn as she magically pulled back the covers of her bed as she climbed in. After magically tucking herself in Twilight fell into a deep sleep.

However, not everypony was inside this snowy night for The Wanderer stood in front of the library unfazed by the cold, her fur cloak glittering underneath the moonlight. Tears flowed from her hooded face forming little puddles of ice where she stood.

“If only…that story were true,” The Wanderer said weeping after hearing one of the versions of her story, the ones that ended happily always made her sad, making her long for what could have been.

The Wanderer raised her cloaked head to the sky her horn emitting a bright light. She felt herself leave her body as her consciousness extended from herself to observe all of Ponyville or rather five of its inhabitants from the astral plains. These planes were the land between awake and asleep, dreams and nightmares, life and death, the energies of this world seemed to meld and fluctuate in this realm, the physical forms of the ponies were overshadowed by their inner selves.This realm was a place of many wonders and possibilities and also a place a danger even the Royal Pony Sisters didn’t come here unless they had to.The Wanderer “split” herself and went to observe the vessels of the Rainbow Power. As she approached each dwelling The Wanderer shielded her eyes from the light that radiated from their souls, as her eyes adjusted she saw that their power saturated their very homes.

“No wonder the Tree of Harmony chose these ponies,” The Wanderer said in awe especially when she “saw” the essence of Twilight Sparkle. However, the brightest light didn’t come from her but from her daughter Nyx. “So she is the one who will decide the fate of this land, so young.” But The Wanderer got a hold of herself she couldn’t afford to get sentimental now, what had to happen, had to happen, soon it will all be over. The Wanderer “looked” into the vessels dwelling and saw that each of them was asleep and were beginning to dream.

Suddenly, The Wanderer felt a strange feeling come over her. She slowly turned around and saw six spirits beginning to appear before her. The first spirit was a tall black Pegasus stallion with the body of a warrior his mane was as white as lighting and his were as gray as a storm cloud, his entire body was adorned with scars that told the stories of many battles. He wore a purple toga with pure gold trim underneath a golden breastplate decorated with the symbol of the Pegasus tribe. The second pony was also a Pegasus but was a foot smaller than his associate, he had cinnamon colored flank with a chestnut colored mane. He wore a silver breast plate with a matching breast plate on his head was a helmet. The second set of spirits that manifested where earth ponies. The first was a mare about the same size as Luna and had shining free eyes her coat was a light brown and her mane was dark chocolate brown with a thick braid on each side of her head looped into a ring. The mare wore a chocolate truffle brown dress with a bustle flap made of golden thread, with a large pink bow at the top of it, and two golden ruffles around her shoulders. From the bustle twisting vines made of the same gold thread twisted themselves into swirling patterns. Around her neck was a huge white collar that seemed to radiate light. On her head was cap with a huge cup of chocolate pudding on it. Next to her stood an earth pony stallion. His coat was a doughy brown with a jet black mane with blue eyes. He wore a brown servant’s coat with a brown hood that covered his mane his suite was also trimmed with gold. On his head was straw hat with a red band wrapped around it that housed a white feather. The final group of ponies to appear were unicorns. The first was a mare only two feet shorter than Celestia. She had a platinum coat, blue eyes, and a long flowing blonde mane styled in flaxen curls. She wore a blue cape trimmed with fur with a collar with intricate designs made with white dyes. Her crown was platinum and had pink diamonds placed in a circle around it. The final spirit was also a unicorn mare. Her coat was a ducal purple with a dark purple mane that had green streaks running through it. His eyes were emerald green and seemed to sparkle in the moonlight. She wore a simple black cloak with stars and constellation patterns, a hood hung behind hrt shoulders.

“Hail founders of Equestria, why have you awakened from your slumber?” The Wanderer asked. Clover the Clever stepped forward and raised her head, suddenly images of the three windigos that had attacked her and her friends before appeared out of nothingness and raced around the assembled ponies before disappearing into non existence.

“Yes I’m afraid that the windigos are soon to return.” The founders looked distressingly at one another at the news. Commander Hurricane raised his wings and flapped them creating a strong gust that formed into the three spies in their empowered form. “No commander I don’t know how powerful they have become nor do I fully know their plans, but I do know is that they are planning their revenge and trying to get the power to do it.”

Private Pansy shyly lowered his head as an image of the Fires of Friendship flickered in and out of existence above the assembled ponies. “Yes, the flame has kept them away so far but this time it’s not enough.” Princess Platinum waved her right forehoof in front of her and images of Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Apple Jack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rarity appeared each one wearing their Element of Harmony. “I don’t know if even the Bearers can stop the Windigos foul plans. Noreaster is no fool he has waited long for his revenge I'm sure that he has prepared something to counteract the ponies power."

Chancellor Puddinghead breathed out and her breath formed into the Crystal Heart.

“Founders, these powers that you suggest all play apart in what was foretold to me but ultimately the fate of Equestria lies in hooves of the one created for evil but destined for good. Smart Cookie starred intently at the Wanderer looking her dead in the eye. “There is nothing you or I can do to interfere in what is to come. It’s not time for the ponies to know the truth, my curse forbids it and your elevated status prevents it.”

The leaders looked downcast at the ground once more regretting not heeding the words of the Wanderer when she tried to warn them the first time. Then an idea filled Clover the Clever’s head as she trotted over to the Wanderer and motioned from her cloak to the castle of Twilight Sparkle. “Warn the princess in her dreams,” The Wanderer said. Clover nodded her head vigorously.


“Yes, that could work, as long as you only give her hints to take the proper course of action to ensure Equestria’s survival. I’ll help you enter the dream realm undetected but you must hurry for Princess Luna will soon begin her duties."

However, as The Wanderer raised her horn to cast her enchantment, a dark wind blew from the north and engulfed the Founders of Equestria in its twisted gale. The Wanderer watched in horror as the panic-stricken specters dissipated in the falling.

"Now, now," A voice echoed throughout the Astral Plains. "There will be none of that I will not have my Hearth Warming surprise ruined."

The Wanderer let out a snarl of fury as she recognized the voice of the unwelcome presence.

"Reveal yourself Noreaster!" The Wanderer demanded. "Or have the millennia’s trapped in dung hole you call a kingdom frozen your set off!"

At The Wanderer's challenge Noreaster let out a howl of fury causing the snow and wind to bear down on her, but she refused to look away as a pair of malvolent glowing red eyes manifested in front of her.

"Well I see that the ages haven't done anything to melt your cold demeanor," Noreaster said snidely.

"Nor has it done anything to fix your twisted heart. What have you done with The Founders?!"

"Ow they're incapacitated and no longer able to get in the way of my plans. I thought you would have learned by now to never get in the way of my ambition," Noreaster said like a teacher to a slow student.

"Then you should have killed me when you had the chance because that's one lesson I have no intention of learning," said The Wanderer defiantly.

Noreaster let out a snort of laughter. "Now why would I do that? When watching you fail to stop me is so much more entertaining unable to interfere, yet you still try to stop the inventible. It is both amusing and pathetic."

"No Noreaster, what is pathetic is how everything you have done and are going to do is leading to your demise and after millions of years your own ego keeps you from seeing it. The prophecy will be fulfilled and your power will be broken!"

"Your naivety never ceases to amaze me," Noreaster said with a snort of laughter. "I thought you would have stopped believing in fairy tales, especially after what happened to your people."

The Wanderer lunged at the pair of spectral eyes only to pass right through them and fall hard into the snow.. "Ow I'm sorry," said Noreaster mockingly. "Did I hit a sore spot?"

"Don't...you...DARE...speak...of my people!" The Wanderer shouted as she got up off the ground. "You were the one who cursed them and me!"

"Which would not have happened if you had not tried to play the hero and now you make the same mistake of once again acting without thinking."

"What are you go on about demon?" The Wanderer demanded baring her teeth.

"Ow just the simple fact that the lives of your people and mine are linked. I OWN them so if I die then...so...do...they."

Noreather's eyes lit up with glee as he saw The Wanderer turn her back to him and carry on his taunt.

"You will lose your very reason for existence. With everypony you love gone you will face the ages truly alone and spiral down into madness unable to find happiness or even have the luxury of putting yourself out of your miser. So tell me something Star Chaser are you really ready to lose your people a second time?!"

Letting out a war cry The Wanderer turned around and balsted the pair of eyes into nothing as she hyperventilated with grief and heaviness, her tears glistening in the moonlight as they crystalized and fell into the snow.

"You...will...not...win," The Wanderer said through choked sobs. "You will not win!"

The Wanderer looked once more at the Rainbow Kingdom Castle and cast the deram spell on Nyx and Princess Twilight. She may not be able to directly tell what was about to come but she could at least give them a fighting chance. Knowing that she had done all she could do for now. The Wanderer left the astral planes and vanished into the falling snow as Princess Luna and her battalion of bat ponies soared over the sky to begin her patrol of the night.

Twilight Sparkle and Nyx tossed and turned in their beds as their dreams soon became nightmares.