• Published 11th Oct 2013
  • 1,962 Views, 12 Comments

Revenge of the Windigos - Solid Script



They've plotted, they've planned, they've waited. Now the time has come for them to enact their revenge and bring Equestria to its knees. This time the Fires of Friendship will be snuffed out.

  • ...
5
 12
 1,962

Confession

When Flash Sentry returned with Spell Nexus, the princesses stared in shock he looked like he had galloped all the way across Canterlot. Celestia and Luna raced over to the stallions, Celestia conjured up a gold chalice filled with water and placed it in front of Spell Nexus who drank it gratefully.

“Spell Nexus what is wrong? Did something happen to you?” Celestia asked as checked Spell Nexus for any injuries.

“No…Princess…but I have…urgent news,” Spell Nexus said breathing deeply after each word.

“Spell Nexus breathe and tell us what happened. Guard you are dismissed,” Luna said to Flash Sentry.

“No…don’t send him away just yet…what I have to say the guards will need to know as well,” Spell Nexus said taking another gulp of water.

He took in a deep breath and explained the situation to the Princesses and Flash Sentry. Each one listened intently as Spell Nexus finished explaining his tale.

“Princess Celestia and Princess Luna I am so sorry that I let this slip, I am a total foal,” Spell Nexus said placing his head into his hooves.

“It’s okay, Spell Nexus as I said before we don’t blame you for what you did under the Nightmare Force control, what matters is what we do now,” Princess Celestia said.

“Twilight Sparkle must have a security detail and I move that she, her family, and friends stay at the castle for their own protection,” Luna said.

“I agree sister and with Twilight and her friends helping to plan the party it won’t be so suspicious,” Princess Celestia said.

“Your Majesty’s if I may be allowed to speak freely?” Flash Sentry asked.

Princess Celestia nodded.

“I would like to be the bodyguard of Princess Twilight Sparkle during her stay at Canterlot. I believe that Princess Twilight and her filly Nyx will feel more at ease with someone the Princess’s age. Also, it won’t draw so much attention,” Flash Sentry said.

“That is a bold request Sentry, excuse me for a minute as I converse this with my sister,” Celestia said as she and Luna went over to the far side of the room and huddled together.

“Idiot, what were you thinking?” Flash Sentry said in his head.

He could not believe that he was doing this, making such an outrageous request to the Princesses could cost him his armor, but more importantly, it could cause him to lose any chance of getting close to Twilight Sparkle. Even though the only few times they had met in the Crystal Empire was when they bumped into each other he could not stop thinking about her, even though she was out of his league he at least wanted to get to know her and have a chance at her, it was the entire reason that he transfered back to Canterlot. Furthermore, he felt bad for Nyx, she had been through Tartarus and back and she could not have one year without some psycho pony trying to use her for some sick purpose. A gentle cough from Luna pulled Flash Sentry out of his thoughts. Flash Sentry gulped at the frowning faces of the royal sisters.

“My sister and I have discussed your request and before we come to our decision we must ask a question. Why should we choose you out of all the guards in Canterlot for this task?” Luna said.

Flash Sentry sighed and took a deep breath.

“To be honest Princesses I don’t know. I could tell you of many other guards more qualified than I am. All I can do is swear that I will protect Princess Twilight and her child with my life,” Flash Sentry swore meaning every word of it.

The Princesses looked him dead in the eyes. Celestia walked over to Flash Sentry still maintaining her frown.

“Flash Sentry by the power given to me as one of the rulers of Equestria your request has been…granted,” Celestia said with as her and Luna’s frowns turned into smiles.

“Thank you your highnesses you won’t regret this,” Flash Sentry said bowing down.

“I know we won’t, now go, inform the other guards of this development and tell the captain to come meet with me at once,” Princess Celestia said.

Flash Sentry nodded and walked out of the throne failing to keep the spring out of his step as the doors closed magically behind him.

“Forgive me Princesses but are you sure it is wise to have someone so young watch the bearer of the Element of Magic and her child?” Spell Nexus asked.

“We are sure Spell Nexus. Flash Sentry is one of the best guards we have and I believe that he has more personal reasons for wanting to guard Twilight, which is why I know he’ll protect her with his life,” Princess Celestia said smiling as she remembered the way Twilight looked at him in the Crystal Empire.

“Sister, what of the thief should we alert the masses?” Luna asked.

“Not just yet sister. Spell Nexus was there any distinctive markings on the mare or any symbols?” Celestia asked.

“No, her cutie mark and her body was covered by the cloak and my…group was the only one bent on resurrecting Nightmare Moon, there hasn’t been anyone since nor have I seen anyone else with the style of cloak she used,” Spell Nexus said.

“What was so unique about the cloak’s style?” Luna asked.

“It was strange, it seemed to be made out of some kind of fur, the designs made the cloak look a night sky filled with stars,” Spell Nexus said.

Both princesses’ mouths opened with shock.

“It can’t be, it can’t be her it’s not possible,” Luna said confused.

“Is something the matter with your highness?” Spell Nexus asked wondering if he had said something wrong.

“No Spell Nexus it’s just that we knew a mare who looked exactly as you described except the first and last time we saw her was over a thousand years ago,” Celestia said.

A hushed silence overtook the room.

The Crystal Empire

Crystal Castle

In the royal bedchamber’s Prince Shining Armor looked over the Empire from the balcony. The buildings gleamed with shining decorations and wreaths made of crystal. Crystal pony fillies and colts frolicked throughout streets as the snow fell from the sky it almost made the prince want to cry…shed liquid pride over the beauty, love, happiness, and prosperity of his kingdom. Normally this scene would clear his head but it seemed to make him more melancholy.

“Shining, there you are I was looking all over for you,” A voice said behind him.

Shining Armor turned around and smiled. Coming towards him was the love of his life and the Ruler of the Crystal Empire, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza but she preferred to be called Princess Cadence.

“Hi Cady, I didn’t mean to make you worry,” Shining Armor said as his wife joined him on the balcony.

She walked over to him and rested her head against his neck.

“Shiny what’s wrong?” Cadence asked.

“Ah wrong, nothing’s wrong, what makes you think anything is wrong,” Shining Amor said trying and failing to hide his sadness.

“Come on Shiny I know you,” Cadence said.

Shining let out a huge sigh and cracked a small smile as he turned his head to face Cadence.

“I can’t hide anything from you, I’m worried about Nyx and don’t worry I’m over the whole she’s still Nightmare Moon paranoia and my big brother complex. It’s just… I was a total monster to her last year and believe me when I tell you that’s exactly how she saw me and I don’t blame her. The sad thing is that it wasn’t until I held our daughter for the first time that I truly understood what I put Twily and Nyxie through, what I could have passed on to our filly. I guess I’m a little disgusted with myself that I didn’t realize what I could have lost sooner,” Shining Armor said.

“Good, I’m glad you feel disgusted with yourself,” Princess Cadence said.

Shining Armor’s eyes shot open as he starred at his wife who met his gaze with a look that said “time for some tough love”.

“That means that you know and acknowledge that what you did to Nyx and Twilight was wrong and that you won’t do it again. However, wallowing in self-pity and guilt won’t do anything to make up for what you did; only actions can do that. Yes, you did mess up last year but this is a new year a new chance to make things right a new opportunity to be an uncle to Nyx and as far as I’m concerned, you're one of the best fathers in Equestria. I’ve seen the way our Skyla looks at you Shiny she adores you. Me, Twilight, and Nyx already forgave you my love now it’s time for you to forgive yourself,” Cadence said as she placed her right front hoof on her husband’s cheek.

Shining armor took his wife into his hooves and hugged her.

“What would I do without you Cadie?” Shining Armor asked.

“You’ll never have to find out Shiny,” Cadence said as she hugged him back.

Suddenly, a loud wail pierced the silence. Cadence and Shining armor looked at each other happily and walked out of the bedroom to the nursery. The nursery was filled with tons of toys all covered in a crystal sheen. The carpet was made from the finest wool of the tiny yews and crystal wallpaper that sported intricate and fantastic designs lined the walls. On the corner of the room was a changing station, a long and tall bookshelf, and a rocking chair. In the middle of the room was a crystal crib lined with soft pillows. Over top, the crib was a dome mobile made of shining crystals of every color. At the bottom of the dome suspended in midair was an exact replica of the crystal heart surrounded by three glowing rings of gold with wavelike lines carved into them, each ring held figurines attached not by wires but by magic. On the top ring were crystal replicas of the sun and full moon underneath the heavenly bodies were crystal figurines of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna underneath their respective charge, on the side with Celestia were figures of the ponies of Equestria, and on the side with Luna were the restored fantastic creatures of the Moon. Around the middle ring were the replicas of the Elements of Harmony in their old form and the ponies that wielded them, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight Sparkle in her new alicorn form. On the final rung hung the figurines of Shining Armor, Princess Cadence, Twilight Velvet, Night Light, Twilight Sparkle, Spike, Celestia, Luna, and Nyx so the little princess would always know her family.

Shining Armor and Cadence went over to the crib and looked lovingly at the crying child.

“Aw what’s wrong little Skyla don’t cry. Agogo a bubibibibwo,” Shining Armor cooed over his five-month-old baby filly, levitating a diamond rattle over his daughter's head.

The filly was a baby alicorn, she had her mother’s light cerise gray coat, along with her dark violet colored mane and gold streaks, but she had the light cerulean eyes of her father. She looked at her father shortly, stopped crying, and then once more started to wail. Cadence levitated her daughter out of the crib, took a quick whiff of Skyla’s diaper, and quickly pushed it away.

“I think I found the reason she was crying,” Cadence said as her husband also took a quick whiff.

Shining Armor quickly pulled his head back and nodded in agreement. Cadence placed her daughter on the changing table and removed the diaper; Shining Armor took up the levitation spell, opened the trashcan, and placed the diaper inside. He then prepared a baby formula as his wife finished changing Skyla. Cadence held her child in her hooves as she sat in the rocking chair. Shining floated the formula over to Cadence, who took up the spell and placed it in her daughter’s mouth as her child drank Cadence began to sing rocking the filly gently in her arms. As Skyla finished the formula, her mother gently patted her on the back and burped her. Shining Armor looked at the scene with joy, a tea…liquid love flowed down his cheeks as Cadence put the sleeping child in her cradle. Shining Armor levitated a stuffed crystal yew into Skyla’s crib and with a little magic activated the mobile. The device radiated soft lights and played soothing songs as the figures magically began to dance over Skyla’s head. When they knew for sure their daughter was asleep, the royal couple tip hoofed out of their daughter's nursery, turned off the light, and quietly closed the door behind them.

“Now I know why they say that raising a child is the hardest job you’ll ever love,” Princess Cadence said.

“You know Skyla might like a little brother or sister,” Shining Armor said nudging up against Cadence seductively.

“Oh I see we have quite a bit of energy. Why don’t we put it to good use,” Cadence said as she seductively brushed her tail against Shining's face makeing sure that he caught a teasing glimpse of her plot as she coyly sauntered over to the bedroom.

Shining Armor followed with a smile of anticipation on his face. However, as he entered the room Cadence conjured up some suitcases.

“What are we supposed to do with these suitcases?” Shining Armor asked wondering if this was a new kind of foal play.

“To pack with Shiny, to visit our family in Canterlot soon, time to put that energy to good use,” Cadence said with a wink and a cheeky smile.

Shining Armor’s face fell at the realization that he’d just been played.

“Alright…juuuust perfect,” Shining Armor said even though his disappointed tone indicated otherwise.

Canterlot Urban Districts

Night Light levitated the Hearth Warming decorations down the attic down the stairs as he walked into the living room he saw his wife, Twilight Velvet, looking at a family album that showed Shining Armor and Twilight Sparkle when they were just little foals. Night Light smiled at the sight.

“Where does the time go?” Night Light asked as he lowered the box to the ground and joined his wife on the couch.

Twilight Velvet looked up from the scrapbook.

“I was just thinking the same thing. It seemed like only yesterday our little colt was going to the royal guard academy and our sweet filly became Celestia’s apprentice. Now look at them they’re both out in the world…and I just feel so not needed,” Twilight Velvet said as a tear fell down her cheek.

“Oh look at me I must look silly.”

“No dear, I felt the same way. When I found out the trials that our daughter had faced I nearly had a heart attack and I also felt like a failure as a father because I couldn’t protect our little filly but during her coronation I saw that she wasn’t a little filly anymore but a young mare. Nevertheless, she is still our daughter and she will always need us just in a different way, especially with raising Nyx. And don’t get me started on the guidance Shining Armor’s going to need once Skyla reaches her teenage years,” Flashlight said laughing at the prospect.

“Now if only we can get Twilight to settle down with a nice stallion, Nyx needs a father after all and few brothers and sisters wouldn’t do any harm either,” Twilight Velvet said in her husband’s shoulder.

Flash Light’s eyes popped open. He knew that tone in his wife’s voice. Twilight used that same tone whenever she had a plan. Out of the corner of his eye Night Light saw a piece of paper sticking out of the album.

“Honey what’s that sticking out of the album?” Flash Light asked suspiciously.

“Ah nothing dear just a…manuscript for another…Daring Do book I’ll just put it in my office,” Twilight Velvet said nervously as she levitated the family album off the table and made it disappear.

Night Light’s horn lit up as he summoned the book back and took out the packet from the album. Inside the packet was a perfectly organized and categorized list of eligible unicorn, earth, and Pegasus stallions. All of them were smart, kind, well mannered, and over all perfectly suitable for Twilight Sparkle.

“Care to explain this,” Flash Light said to his wife levitating the list up close.

“Ah it’s a Hearth Warming gift list,” Twilight Velvet said nervously.

“Honeeeeeeeeeeeey,” Flash Light said sternly.

“Okay fine maybe I decided that I could offer my assistance in helping Twilight find that special somepony,” Twilight Velvet said.

Night Light sighed he was afraid of that. He knew his wife meant well but she could sometimes get carried away, besides Twilight should only find that special somepony when the time is right.

“Sweetie, we talked about this, we shouldn’t interfere in our children’s love life,” Night Light said.

“I wasn’t planning on it. But with Twilight becoming a princess, soon she’ll have her own kingdom to rule and she’ll be too busy between that and raising a daughter to meet ponies so I’d thought I’d make a few suggestions of a few available bachelors,” Twilight Velvet asked.

“A few, Velve this is half of Equestria, Trontingham, Brussia, Eurohasia, Haysia, Judopan, Pawtrica, and…Saddle Arabia!” Flash Light exclaimed.

“I wanted to make sure that Twilight had plenty of options opened,” Twilight Velvet said.

Flash Light sucked in a breath and exhaled it.

“Honey, we cannot rush these things that’s the lesson I thought you’d learn with Cadence and Shining Armor. Twilight will find her special somepony in her own way and time,” Flash Light said.

“I guess you’re right,” Twilight Velvet said with a sigh.

“Now, give me the backup list,” Flash Light said.

Twilight Velvet’s horn lit up a backup list appeared.

“And the back up to the back up,” Flash Light said as another list joined the others on the table.

“And the flash drive, notes, in fact just give me everything,” Flash Light said in a knowing voice.

Twilight Velvet rolled her eyes as conjured up everything she’d used to make the list. Flash Light used a disintegration spell and the stuff was no more.

“Well that takes care of that, now let’s start decorating,” Night Light said.

Before either of them could get off the couch there was a knock at the door.

“Were you expecting anypony?” Twilight Velvet asked.

Night Light shook his head and went over to the door. His horn radiated with magic as the door was engulfed with his aura and made to open. Standing at the front door were two pegasus ponies on the Royal Guard.

“Are you Night Light?” The First Royal Guard asked.

“Yes, is something wrong?” Night Light asked.

“No, however, Princess Celestia has invited you and your wife to stay at the castle for the remainder of Princess Twilight Sparkle’s visit,” The Second Royal Guard said.