• Published 15th Nov 2013
  • 645 Views, 23 Comments

The Bow and the Headphones - Shieldheart204



Octavia and Vinyl live different lives in Canterlot, but they will soon escape the White City to try and make new lives in Manehattan. But the lives they're gonna get are far from what they imagined.

  • ...
5
 23
 645

Bonus Chapter: The Flash Response

The Flash Response

"We're three minutes from the site lieutenant, should we park now and walk the rest of the way?" asked the voice of the guard driving the carriage around town.

"Affirmative, once we get out wait for my signal. Don't come in unless I tell you to." responded a blue haired guardsman, his hands clutching his mana musket. "All right kids listen up! We got a tip from our good friend Anonymous that we would find Lord Gold Bar accompanied by various unregistered, and really well armed, guards. We are to take them in for attempted kidnapping and even on an account of intended enslavement." he said with a straight face. The soldiers chuckled, and why wouldn't they? Every other day they got a tip from an anonymous person that one of the nobles was committing a heinous crime.

For the most part they were lies, but this lieutenant knew that some tips had a unique signature that made it all the more believable. These tips always referred the Owl as an animal, not as a man. And so these tips have actually helped the Guard do something, like that time they caught a noble just as he was taking an innocent young girl to his apartment.

Fortunately for him, this was one of those tips. "Remember, we want these people alive, so set your guns to stun." As the carriage stopped and the doors swung open, letting ten soldiers pour out of it. As they marched upon the cobblestone streets, their midnight blue armor shaking with every step they take. "Gale, Thunderbuck, fly over that building and get ready to provide sniper cover." He ordered as two Seraphs spread their wings and jumped ten stories.

"Stout, Stonewall, Flint, Mortar, I want your barriers set up ASAP." and the soldiers drew their wands and began casting large shields over their armor. "All right everyone, let's end this so we can get back to our drinks." The soldiers cheered on as they got into position. Some seconds later the lieutenant ordered the advance, making sure that everyone had the titular barriers protecting them.

As they marched toward the apartment block they were surprised to see several unconscious bodies scattered across the floor. "Serpent, see to them immediately!" he ordered the team medic. The woman scurried over to the closest person and immediately placed two fingers over his neck. She then opened her canteen to remove a small blob of water, which she guided with magic toward the body. She moved her arms around, moving the water around the body as it produced a light glow.

"This one's still alive sir, he's just been knocked out." she replied as she guided the blob of water toward her left hand. She approached another body and began the examination. "Same thing with this one." She continued surveying the bodies, making sure to examine every single part before placing the water back in its container

"What made these guys drop?" asked the lieutenant as he spread his orange wings.

"I'm not sure sir, they all suffered a concussive blast to the chest which appears to have collapsed their bodies. The only thing I can say for certain is that this must be the place where the Owl fought." replied the medic as she grabbed her rifle, setting it over her shoulder. "This is the same pattern we've found in most sites."

"So does than mean that we're safe?" Asked Stout as he eased the grip on his rifle. "The Owl doesn't punch guards."

"Maybe, but that doesn't mean that these goons won't get reinforcements." said the lieutenant as he snapped his fingers. "Soldiers, prepare to enter the block, I want that pansy screaming for mommy as soon as possible." His squadron obeyed with a few chuckles, bringing their rifles to bear as they aimed at the door. The glass door that was wide open, its hinges broken off. "Gear, follow me. We're taking point." he commanded as he fitted a bayonet on his musket. "Knife up and get ready to stab. But make sure you don't stab necks, I don't want to deal with the reporters."

And so the lieutenant entered, behind him the grey-haired woman followed. The foyer had definitely seen combat, with several dents on the plaster and a broken vase. They made their way forward, allowing their comrades to enter the doorway.

"Clear!" yelled Gear as she faced an archway to her left.

"Gear, left. Stout, Hammer, go to the right. Flint, Mortar and Stonewall, wait outside. The rest wait here and get ready to shoot anything that looks at you funny."

"But sir, if I shoot you then you'll have me court marshaled!" replied Hammer as he chuckled.

The lieutenant chuckled for a second, then he drained his face of emotions and simply replied: "Hilarious." The squadron immediately slit up, making sure to keep their weapons ready in case of action.

The leader entered the kitchen, and to his surprise found two bodies. One was a mercenary clad in a black flak vest, the other was clearly Lord Gold Bar. The noble was clad in the most expensive casual suit money could buy, and his hands appeared to be glued to a small disk on the floor. His men soon sounded off the all clear signal, allowing the lieutenant a sign of relief. The kitchen counter was a little damaged, but what brought his attention was a small plastic brown owl standing with over a small piece of paper.

"All right kids, take these two back to the carriage. It looks like someone else did our jobs." he ordered as he began reading the note:

Lieutenant, this flash drive contains all the necessary to incriminate Gold Bar for all the crimes that he has been charged with this night. You will not find Vinyl Scratch though, I have already sent her far away from Canterlot in an attempt to lure out the more powerful forces controlling this poor idiot I have left in your care.

"Serpent, get me the comm link." he said as he pocketed the owl and note. The medic handed him the large black brick. After fiddling with the dials The blue-haired officer finally had the thing working. "This is Apple Lead, anyone copy?"

"Yes lieutenant, we copy."

"Could you please tell Shining Armor that his savior Flash Sentry is about to bring him a wedding present? We'll take it to the detention area so he can pick it up." He said with a grin as he turned the comm off. He sighed, thanking deities above that the day had gone without a single hitch. However, his opinion changed the second the windows exploded.

Author's Note:

So yeah, this is something I wanted to write in order to apologize for this story being in limbo. It's just a little experiment, so if goes well I might continue writing these bonus chapters. If it's very well received I might even give them their own story. Why don't you let me know in the comments?

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment