• Published 15th Sep 2013
  • 1,326 Views, 11 Comments

Pony Trek TNG, Encounter at Far Point - Cosmalone



Captain Picard has been given the command of Star Fleets new flagship, the USS Enterprise. But when a strange being by the name of DisQord sends them to Equestria, Only bad things can happen

  • ...
3
 11
 1,326

chapter 2: Only half

“Captains log supplemental. It has been three hours since our encounter with the DisQord being and the Enterprise becoming stranded in this alternant universe. Commander Data has made a full sensor sweep of the surrounding space and has found nothing irregular or otherwise strange about this star system. But DisQord’s words may hold some truth in saying that there is something on that planet. We will have to get closer to it to get accurate scans, but until then, we are trying to come up with a way to proceed”


“All personnel have regained consciousness and have reported in sir”, Commander Data called from his post.

“Good, helm… plot a course to the M-class planet. I intend to find out exactly what DisQord wants us to do”

O’Brian moved his hooves over the control panel and hovered his left hoof over a large yellow button. “Course laid in sir”

“Engage”, O’Brian’s hoof pressed the button and the ship shot forward at warp 2.

Picard made a mental note to ask the pony who designed the helm controls to make the ‘go to warp whatever’ button a little less noticeable. But the planet that lay ahead was still worrying him.

“Councilor, do you sense anything that could harm the enterprise or anything with malicious intent? I want to make sure there isn’t anything up DisQord’s sleeve”

“My sense can’t reach as far as the planet itself, but I can sense anything within the ship or around the ship. I will tell you if there is anything that you need to know”

“Good, Mr. Data, does Starfleet have any record of interdimensional travel by a powerful being much like DisQord?”

Data’s head twitched slightly at the mention of the question as he processed the information. “None sir, but if you can recall, captain Kirk of the USS Enterprise was on an away mission with his 1st officer and chief medical officer when they were swapped with copies of themselves from another universe. The transporter accident was reversed and they returned to there own universes”

O’Brian gave a hearty chuckle and turned to the captain. “I heard that the copies had surprisingly well groomed goatees. To bad they banned them in Starfleet, in fear that you might be an evil copy”, he again laughed.

There conversation was cut short as the Enterprise dropped out of warp near their destination. It was beautiful. Its massive oceans and green coloured continents showed the resemblance to Earth, but it was still alien to them. The poles were strikingly smaller and the shape of the continents was different. Especially the moon, which was only half the size.

Picard was the first to speak. “Data scan for life forms”

The commander clicked away at his control panel until it gave him accurate readings. “I am picking up multiple species that could be of interest. They seem to be separated into different continents and have differentiating forms. One continent in particular holds life forms that resemble us”

“What is their stage of development?”

“There are multiple largely populated areas, mostly pre-industrial, but it is strange how I am picking up electrical signals from those areas”

“Electrical signals? Data are you sure the sensors aren’t picking up lightning storms instead”, Data shook his head. “Well I don’t know why DisQord wants us down there, but I sure as hell can’t disobey the prime directive”

“Sir”, Lt. Yar spoke. “If we resemble them, doesn’t that mean we can go undercover? I’m sure we can get a disguise and we could hide our phasers for use if the moment needs for things to be blown up”

Picard thought for a moment and looked around the battle bridge for any suggestions. “The area will have to be less populated and we will have to beam in from a distance. We don’t know what they look like, so we’ll have to send in a scouting team. Lt. Yar, assemble an away team with skills in covert operations”

“Yes sir”, Lt. Yar moved to the turbo lift and stepped inside, making a speedy exit.

“Councilor, what can you sense from the planet below?”

Councilor Troi thought for a moment and a look of delight came over her face. “I am sensing a strong feeling of joy and happiness. Not from just a few of them, but millions”

“Millions? Wow, that’s a lot of happiness from a pre-warp civilization. I wonder if they’ve made cider yet?” O’Brian pondered for a moment longer before going back to triple check that the enterprise was in a stable orbit.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lt. Barclay fumbled around in his closet, mumbling something along the lines of: “Where are those blasted holsters”, over and over again. He was a smart stallion, but he sometimes felt a little left out. It was probably because of his clumsiness, or the way he acted around other ponies. He had been called onto the scouting team for his abilities in first contact situations.

“Ah ha, found it”, the Lt. stood up on his hind legs and held the belt high above his head. He played the theme of a certain game that had come out almost three hundred years ago.

“Lt. Barclay, please meet us in transporter room two”, came the voice of Lt. Yar through his comm. badge. His cheeks flushed red for moment before he went back to standing on four hooves and he pressed his comm. badge.

“R-right yes umm… I’ll be there i-in a minute”, he stuttered as he put on the belt and packed the holsters with his tri-quarter and phaser.

“Acknowledged”, the voice cut out and he was left to the silence of his room. He had chosen to add simple items to his room, seeing as he didn’t have much to start off with. It made him feel alone, but then again, he did have a few friends visit once and a while.

“Ok Barclay, this is a mission you cannot fail… remember concentrate, make every move count, make everyone see that you’re a capable officer… lets do this. He trotted towards the door and made his way out onto the corridor.

His grey coat and blonde mane was a bit of an odd mix, but he liked the way it contrasted his yellow uniform. Before the Enterprise was taken to this alternate dimension, he had hoped to meet Mr. Geordie La’Forge, who was supposed to become the ships engineering chief.

Lt. Barclay walked through the doors of the transporter room and took in the scene. Inside was the standard design for a transporter room; Transporter pad, controls and the pattern buffer located in the far wall. He could see the assembled scout team consisted of Lt. Yar, a blue and purple one, a silver one, himself and a friend he knew as ensign Seacliff.

“Ok guys”, Lt. Yar spoke “We’ll be beaming in about a mile from a rural town. No contact with the local populous unless the captain permits it. If you do get found, try to hide and the enterprise will beam you back up… good?” the ponies nodded. “Lets get moving”

The scout team moved onto the transporter pad and waited for the procedure to begin.

“Energize”, within a few seconds, all the ponies disappeared in a blue beam and reappeared at the transport location. Lt. Barclay rubbed his head with his hoof and looked around to try and get his bearings. Most of the team had already started to scan the area with their tri-quaders. The scenery was beautiful, rolling hills, a green field and a small river running down a ridge.

“Almost feels like a dream”, the silver pony said. There was a chorus of agreement and the group continued to scan the area. Barclay wondered away from the group a bit and did his own scans. But what caught his eye made no sense at all.

“Ahh, L-lieutenant, I-I’ve found something tha-that might be of interest”

Their, in front of him, in plain English, was a sign that said: ‘Ponyville: 1 mile north”.

Comments ( 2 )

“Millions? Wow, that’s a lot of happiness from a pre-warp civilization. I wonder if they’ve made cider yet?” :rainbowlaugh: I see what you did there.

3315711 gotta love O'Brian

Login or register to comment