• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 2,407 Views, 84 Comments

Mare-Do-Well: Moongate Asylum - SirPotato



A re-imagining of Batman: Arkham Asylum with Mare-Do-Well and OC villains.

  • ...
1
 84
 2,407

Hunt

The Mare-Do-Well character is based off the character from the fanfic ‘Waking Nightmares’, written by KnightMysterio. Moonbow Peek is an OC made by nightelf37. Mitta is an OC in a fan game by Donitz. If you really don’t care about this, then continue on. If you are not a brony, then leave this page immediately and forget you ever looked at it. Otherwise, continue!


Mare-Do-Well: Moongate Asylum
Hunt



Mitta emerged from the catacombs and into a ruined building that didn’t seem to have much purpose.

A distorted chime sounded, followed by Dr Atmosphere’s voice. “Good evening Moongate residents.” Atmosphere sounded furious. “As you are all well aware, Pinkamena has decided to abandon me in order to pursue her own ambitions. Let me remind you all that anypony who wears the ridiculous make-up that she forces on her thugs will be shot without hesitation.”

That explains a lot. Mitta thought as Atmosphere continued. “As for another issue, you are all aware that Mare-Do-Well is still on the island. This is easily rectified. I have snipers on the towers that will shoot any hat-and-cape-wearing vigilante that they see.”

That was true. Using her vision, Mitta saw that there were two snipers on the towers. Wonderful. So now those thugs have full access to the armoury. Grappling up to a tower, she grabbed the thug from behind and choked him to unconsciousness.

She noticed that this stallion was definitely part of Atmosphere’s group. He had plain, grey clothing on him with a symbol on his shoulder that looked like a gear with a circular rainbow inside of it.

From there, she noticed that the other sniper was beginning to focus on her. She quickly dived into the small room on the tower and hid, waiting until the sniper had turned around.

Once he did, Mitta grappled over to the tower. But she didn’t pull herself over the railing. Instead, she shimmied along until she was below the inmate.

From there, she pulled herself up, slammed his head into the rail and pulled him over the side, magically attaching a rope.

She pulled herself up and looked around. There were four inmates down on the ground. Deciding to get into a fight, she glided down and hit one of them in the back of the head.

This surprised the others. One was holding knives. Swiping the one with knives across the face with her cape, stunning him, she knocked him to the ground. The third convict tried to buck her, but got flipped over. The fourth was simply knocked to the ground by a thrower.

The second (the one with the knives) tried to attack her, but she dodged his blade attacks and then stunned him before bucking him. The fourth got back up and rushed in at her. Mitta blasted him with magic, sending him flying.

The third tried to send a blast of magic at her, but Mitta rolled out of the way and pulled him over to her with her new Claw. While he stumbled, Mitta tackled him to the ground and punched his face. The first tried to hit her with his forehoof but Mitta knocked it aside and retaliated with a punch of her own.

Mitta then blasted magic at the third and knocked him out. The fourth staggered uneasily, so Mitta threw another thrower at him, sending him to the ground for good. The second tried to slash open her throat, but on the third time he swished the blade, Mitta ducked down, flipped him over and bucked him in the stomach.

The first, seeing how his companions had fallen, ran like Discord was after him.

Chuckling at the sight, Mitta threw another thrower, knocking him out.

Deciding not to waste any more time, Mitta ran towards Moongate West to the old mansion.

The only problem was that the entrance to the old mansion was inside the forest.

Mitta followed the forest path. It was dark and spooky during this time of night. All the better, since any thugs she met would be jittery anyway.

As she neared the clearing, she heard a group of thugs.

“Atmos is pretty pissed about ‘Mena’s betrayal and all.”

“Oh, yeah? How’d you figure?”

“Saw him in his office. He looked like he wanted to strangle somepony with his bare hooves.”

“Why’d she leave, though? We had a pretty good thing goin’ on.”

“Dunno. Maybe she wanted to take the island for herself.”

“Nah, that ain’t Pink’s style.”

“How’d you know?”

“’Cause I used to work for her. She’s crazy. Stabbed my buddy just for the hell of it.”

“Oh. Why’d you switch?”

“Didn’t you hear what I just said?! But that’s not all of it. Atmos pays better than her.”

Deciding she’s heard enough, Mitta walked towards them. Then wondered whether she had to bother fighting at all, since they all seemed rather scared.

Mitta hid behind some trees and sprayed some explosive gel on it. Then, backing away, she detonated it.

It exploded, creating a loud noise that frightened the inmates into screaming. Looking in the direction of the explosion, one said, “Y’know… I reckon we can patrol this place later…”

“Yeah, I’m with ya. Let’s go.”

The convicts left, while Mitta grinned in amusement. Walking into the clearing, she chose the path that lead her to Moongate Mansion and took it.


His invention was only half-finished, but Atmosphere had just received some news from a loyal henchpony and it was an issue that had to be resolved. Grinding his teeth and fiddling with his dashboard, he at last found the frequency he was looking for.

The back of Pinkamena’s head suddenly appeared. “-And that’s how you can cook about fifty different types of deserts, each with the organs of ponies.” Pinkamena turned to the screen and grinned. “Hey, Atmos! How’re ya doing?”

In the background, Pinkie Pie was glaring at Pinkamena while Warden Point looking bored with the whole ordeal he was going through right now.

“Pinkamena, get your minions out Moongate Mansion right this instant!” Atmosphere snarled. “That formula is mine, by right!”

Pinkamena snorted, waving a hoof dismissively. “Re-LAX. If you want the formula so bad, then we can share it, ten-ninety.”

“I want all of it.” Atmosphere said through gritted teeth.

“No-can-do, Gassy.” Pinkamena giggled. “I want in on some of that gigantic monster action. And besides, I was your little helper! I deserve some!”

“Listen here, Tartlet,” (Pinkamena’s smile flickered a bit) “If you don’t remove your henchponies this instant, then I will devote all my energies to destroying you. Understand?”

Pinkamena did a pretend thinking expression, then said in a cheerful voice, “Nope!” She then overturned her screen, laughing madly.

Atmosphere growled in fury. He shouldn’t have gotten Pinkamena to help him with this. He should’ve gotten someone like a corrupt guard. With Pinkamena, it was impossible to predict her. One moment, she’s planning a highly complicated heist, the next instance she’s just performing random violence or serial killings.

He couldn’t let Pinkamena get her hooves on the formula. If she did, then his plans will never come to be.

And to think that the only obstacle I foresaw was Mare-Do-Well. Atmosphere thought bitterly as he went back to his machine.

To his surprise, he found Fear Feeder near it.

“Do you need something, Mindworks?” Atmosphere asked.

“Yes, I do.” Feeder replied, his mask off. “I need to get inside the old mansion.”

Atmosphere blinked. “Why?”

“Simple. Mare-Do-Well will be going there next, so if I drive her insane before she gets her hooves on the formula…”

“That makes sense, but how do you know that will work?” Atmosphere said. “The last time you tried to use your chemicals on her, she broke out of the medical facility and defeated Beast.”

“That was merely because the gas wasn’t potent enough.” Feeder explained. “Before she fell into the nightmare phase, she wasn’t hallucinating enough. If the subject doesn’t hallucinate enough, then their minds stay strong and don’t break.”

Atmosphere thought about it. It made sense. If Mare-Do-Well could be broken before she found the formula, then his stallions could still get it before Pinkamena.

“Very well.” Atmosphere said. “I’ll get some convicts to smuggle you into the mansion.”

Fear Feeder smiled, putting a different mask than the one he was wearing before. “ThAnK yOu.”



“I seem to be losing stallions like there’s a plague in town!” Mitta heard Pinkamena laugh over the intercom. “I guess the Mare is back.”

Mitta was about to open the door to the mansion before realising that there was probably an incapacitation gate behind it. Stepping back, she grappled up to an overhang on the mansion. Seeing a venting grate on the wall, she pulled it off with her Claw and then grappled into it.

She exited into a room where there was a door on the other side. She went through it and heard some thugs talk.

“So who do you reckon the pink one was?”

“Pinkamena.”

“No, the one ‘Mena had.”

“Oh, that one. They’re cousins.”

“What? She doesn’t seem to like her all that much.”

“Which one?”

“Uh, the poofy one.”

“Well, how would you react if you had a psycho for a cousin?”

“Huh. Good point.”

Mitta looked at them. They were part of Pinkamena’s gang. There were three of them, one was holding a gun.

Deciding to tackle the higher threats first, Mitta glided to him and bucked his face. The other two were surprised and didn’t react as Mitta bucked the second inmate and blasted the third.

All things considered, it wasn’t much of a fight.

When she was done and dusted, Mitta walked up the stairs and tried the door. Locked. She backed up and spotted some ventilation shafts above her. She grappled up to them and looked around. She quickly noticed the grate above her, so she took it down with her Claw and then grappled up to it.

It lead to an abandoned room with a weak wall in it, so Mitta took out her explosive gel and blew it open. Crawling into a grate, she crawled along until she fell down and landed on an overhang. Then she heard Pinkamena over the intercom.

“Pinkamena here! And with a little update for you all. Good news is: we have Doc Heart. Bad news is: she’s not talking. She’s hidden the document somewhere in the mansion and I want it found!

“I’ve got a few plans to loosen her tongue, but in the meantime, search every nook and cranny. There’s a shiny prize for whoever finds them first.” Pinkamena giggled.

I need to find those notes before Pinkamena does! Mitta thought desperately.

“She sounded mad.” One of the thugs muttered. “Hurry up and find them!”

“Prize, huh?” One of the goons grumbled. “The last prize that Pinkamena offered cost my buddy his legs. Pinkamena was laughing for hours.”

“This is such a waste of time!” One of them shouted. “The notes aren’t even-”

WHAM

Mitta slammed into the thug, knocking him down. Landing, she did a quick head count. There were ten henchponies, including the one she just glided into. This was going to be slightly difficult.

Mitta flipped over to the next henchpony, kicking him in the face. The third tried to punch her in the face. Mitta countered the clumsy swing and hit the convict in the stomach. The fourth had a bar and swung it at her. She stopped it with her hooves, ripped it out of his teeth with magic and then cracked him over the head with it.

Mitta bucked the fifth and threw a thrower at the sixth. The seventh threw a box at her, so she caught it and threw it back. The eighth and ninth came in together and tried to hit her at the same time. Mitta ducked, blasted one with magic and bucked the other. The tenth had a knife, so Mitta stunned him with her cape and then punched him.

The fifth tried to hit her again, but ended up on the floor with his foreleg broken. He passed out. The first one tried to jump on her but Mitta just dodged out of the way and then punched him twice. She would have punched him a third time, but a thug had managed to hit her.

Mitta stumbled for a moment before regaining her bearings. The third tried to take advantage of her momentary distraction, but Mitta stopped his punch and blasted him with magic. The tenth ran in, swishing the knife at her. On the third swing, Mitta punched his stomach, flipped him over and broke his foreleg.

Throwing a thrower at the seventh, Mitta ran over to the second. When she got close enough, she flipped over him and then jumped back and kicked him. She then blasted the fourth with magic and countered a buck from the ninth. The first picked up the pipe and swung it at her. Mitta ducked under it and then flipped over the henchpony.

Mitta jumped to the sixth and picked him up. She then threw him at the second. The sixth got back up but the second didn’t. The eighth threw a box at her, so she caught it and threw it back. It hit him and knocked him down. The ninth flew in at her, so Mitta picked up the pipe with magic and held it out in front of him. He hit the bar and went down.

Mitta threw the bar at the third, knocking him unconscious, and then punched the sixth in the face. The first one went for the pipe but got hit by a thrower, getting knocked out. The seventh tried to buck her, so Mitta flipped him over and bucked him back. He didn’t get back up.

The fourth and second came in together to attack together, but both had their heads smashed together, getting knocked out. The seventh, terrified now, started to say something, but Mitta just jumped in and gave him an uppercut.

Well, that’s that. Mitta thought. I need to be more careful though.

Mitta walked over to the statue of Mildew Moongate, then up the stairs. Looking around, she decided to go through the door to her left, since the one on her right was completely barricaded by bars. She went through it, immediately noticing that a thug had a guard at gunpoint.

“Just shut up, we’re in control! Where did she go?!”

“I don’t know.” The guard muttered.

“Answer me!”

“I said I don’t know! She could be anywhere!”

As Mitta walked up behind the convict, he growled, “You’re not getting out of here, you know.”

The guard smirked as he saw Mitta come up. “Oh, yeah? Look behind you.”

“Do you think I’m some sort of idiot? You think I’ll just turn around so one of you lame asses can jump on me?!”

“Yes.” Mitta stated.

As the thug spun around, Mitta knocked his gun out of his hooves and punched his face, knocking him out. When he hit the ground, the collar around his neck started making a noise that sounded somewhere between a laugh and a sob.

“What does that collar do?” Mitta asked the guard. “Why is it making that noise?”

“It’s the suicide collar.” The guard replied. “But it sounds weird.”

Mitta raised an eyebrow. “Suicide collar?”

“Well, they’ve got some other name, but we just use them to monitor patient’s heartbeats. If it drops too low, a crash team goes in.”

“And so does my team if you trigger one!” Mitta spun around to see Pinkamena’s face on the screen “Ha, ha! How’d you like them apples, Mares? Standing around in the… hmm, let’s see…” Pinkamena looked at a screen in her room. “Ah, yes! The west wing!

“They’d be there now if they weren’t busy knocking some sense into Hook! You know, I’ll tell you what: I won’t spoil the surprise and let them know you’re coming.” The screen abruptly turned off.

Mitta walked up the stairs and to the door that led to the records office, intent on rescuing Hook.

The moment she entered the room, she grappled up to a gargoyle and listened to the thugs.

“Hit him again! Harder!” One of them snarled.

A grunt of pain came from Hook, who was in the middle of the room. “You’re gonna need more than that.”

“Why, you- Get Pinkamena on the line, tell her he’s not talking.”

One of them got right up in Hook’s face. “Tell us where the bitch went.”

One of them came up with a knife. “Tell us, or we’ll cut off your other leg.”

“Do what you want.” Hook growled. “I’m not talking.”

“Sure you will.” The one with the knife laughed. “Jeff is on his way down here. He knows ways to loosen your tongue.”

“And you don’t wanna know how he does it.” The other one whispered.

“He can do what he wants. I’m not talking. Period!”

Deciding to get a move on, Mitta dropped down from her gargoyle. She crept up behind a convict and then throttled him to unconsciousness. Noticing the suicide collar on his neck, she grappled over to another gargoyle that was far from the scene of the crime.

“Oi!” Pinkamena’s voice came over the intercom. “Look on the walkway. Somepony left you a gift.”

Immediately, all the convicts were confused. One shouted an order and him and three other convicts (whom were mares) ran over to the walkway where Mitta had taken out the prisoner.

Noticing an inmate at the other end of the room, Mitta grappled over to the gargoyle in front of him. When he passed under, she fired the Claw and brought him up to the gargoyle. After magically tying a rope to both the gargoyle and the inmate’s leg, she let him go. Two down, four to go.

They didn’t need to suicide collar to notice the convict, as he let out a long scream as he fell down. A mare and a stallion ran over to the place where he was strung up and looked at him.

“How’d you get up there?” The mare asked, confused.

“Please! Get me down!”

“Leave him!” The stallion barked. “We need to watch out for ourselves.”

Mitta jumped down from her gargoyle. On the walkway opposite her, a mare had looked over the railing in an attempt to search for Mitta on the ground. Getting out her Claw, Mitta fired at the inmate. It immediately latched on and pulled the mare over the railing. Fortunately for Mitta, the mare was not a Pegasus, so she hit the ground and fell unconscious.
Three to go.

Mitta grappled to another gargoyle as the nearest inmate went down and looked at her body. The other two ran towards the scene too. Mitta glided over to them and put her hooves over the mare’s mouth. Unable to scream or say anything, she quickly fell unconscious.

“Did she fall?” The stallion asked the mare looking at the body of the one Mitta had pulled down.

“Looks like it.” She replied.

“Come on, you guys.” Pinkamena said over the intercom. “Surely you noticed that you’re missing somepony.”

The inmates blinked and realised that they were indeed missing a member of their group. To Mitta’s dismay, though, they both went to the unconscious thug.

“How’s she doing this?!” The mare hissed.

“Leave her! Spread out and find the Mare!” The stallion ordered.

So they did spread out. Idiots.

Mitta waited until the stallion was right underneath her. Then, she leapt down silently and suffocated him. She then grappled away and waited.

“I feel that you should know that it’s just you and the Mare now.” Pinkamena said over the intercom.

The remaining convict froze.

And then she was terrified.

“This can’t be happening.” She whispered. “This just can’t be happening.”

Mitta put the convict out of her misery by gliding over, kicking her in the face and then taking her out on the ground.

She walked over to the prisoners, cutting their ropes. Hook stood up and said, “Thanks.”

“Where did Dr Heart go?” Mitta asked.

“I told her to run. These guys came in looking for her. I told her to go to her office and hide.”

“Does she keep her records in there?”

“I guess. She was pretty desperate to get in. Her office is over there.” He gestured to his right.

“How long ago was this? I need to find those notes before Pinkamena gets her hooves on them!”

“Twenty minutes, maybe more. What’s so special about the notes?”

“Pinkamena wants them.” Mitta responded, already walking away. “That makes them important. Stay here. I’m going to
find her.”

“Not a problem. I’ll try the radio, see if anypony else is around.” Hook replied.

Mitta went to the door and went through. As she went down the hallway, she heard Pinkamena over the intercom.

“Going after the notes yourself, eh, Mares? Good luck. I’ve got a crew working on the doctor as we speak! They’ll squeeze the formula out of her soon enough. Not to mention the army of party guests ripping this place apart! Either way, the formula will be mine, soon enough.

“Why don’t you just die for once? Go on, roll over and die. Be your best friend!” Pinkamena started to giggle and then laughed madly before turning the intercom off.

Mitta ripped off a grate, crawling in. She ended up in a cell block. She walked out and looked at the other cell.

It belonged to the first warden of Moongate Asylum, who went insane after being tortured by the first inhabitants. He had eventually been cured, thanks to Mildew Moongate, but the fact remained that Moongate Asylum was a place of atrocities.

Sighing, Mitta grappled up to a vent and climbed in. She crawled along and found herself on the ceiling. She quickly crawled into another grate and froze when she heard a female thug.

“It’s not going to open!” She hissed.

“Hold on!” A male thug replied. “I think I’ve got it.”

“You said that ten minutes ago.” A different mare pointed out.

“You can be the one to tell her, I’m not gonna!” The first mare grumbled.

“It’ll be open any second!” A long grunt followed, then the same stallion snapped, “Damn it!”

“You’re an idiot!” The second mare hissed. “Pinkamena’s not going to be happy, and you know what that means!”

“Quiet! Just shut up! I’m trying, I’m trying!” The stallion snarled.

“Just do it!” The first mare grumbled.

Mitta walked down and crept up behind the mare with the gun. Then Mitta knocked her off her hooves and punched her in the stomach, sending her down.

The other two looked behind at her and yelped. The stallion tried to hit her, but Mitta just countered it and hit his head. She then bucked the mare. Then, she jumped on top of the stallion and slammed his head into the ground.

The mare got back up, shakily, so Mitta threw a thrower at her, knocking her down. Walking up to the fallen mare, she did the same thing she did to the stallion and knocked her out.

The fight finished, Mitta looked at the door. Those thugs were trying to get into Dr Heart’s office. They couldn’t get through the main door, so I have to find a different way in.

Mitta looked around and spotted a grate. She pulled it off with her Claw and then grappled into it. She crawled along into Dr Heart’s office and looked around. To her surprise, she noticed that a replica of Mad Mask’s dragon mask was hanging on a nail. It wasn’t the real thing, but it looked almost authentic.

Mitta looked at the safe and saw that it was open. Somepony already got to the safe! The only question is… who opened it?

Mitta looked at the door and the safe. No signs of forced entry… whoever opened the safe knew the combination.

Mitta saw that Dr Heart’s computer was one of the advanced ones, the ones that allowed security camera footage. Mitta pressed a few buttons on it and looked at the footage.

Good. Mitta thought with relief when she saw Dr Heart on the screen. She got to her notes before Pinkamena did. She’s taken them to hide somewhere. I need to follow her to find out where she put them.

Mitta turned on her lenses. Looking around, she looked at the safe, knowing that she’ll find hoofprints there. Guessing correctly, she scanned them.

Calibrating her scanner, she turned on her radio. “Moonbow, I’ve scanned Dr Heart’s hoofprints. I’ve also calibrated the scanner to only show recent prints.”

“I hope it works.” Moonbow replied. “Just so you know, the Royal Guard found one of Atmosphere’s bombs in Canterlot. It was an empty shell with a heart inside it.”

“As I thought.” Mitta muttered. “It’s just a twisted diversion. The real action’s on Moongate.”

Mitta hung up and exited the room. She crawled through the vent and landed in the room she had entered in. Then the door opened, revealing four thugs.

“Pinkamena was right! She’s here!” One of them shouted.

They all ran in at her, preparing to fight.

They ended up all unconscious.

Mitta walked through the door they had conveniently forgotten to close. She turned on her lenses to look for hoofprints, seeing that this was indeed the right way. She went through the door and found a present lying at the bottom of the stairs.
Mitta threw a thrower at it and it exploded and released three wind-up teeth.

Mitta ignored them. She found that she was in the same room where she had found the guard at gunpoint. He was gone though. Mitta followed the hoofprints out the door.

There were two thugs in the next room.

“What’s going on?!” A stallion said.

“I don’t know.” Said a mare. “There’s an army of us. Who did this?”

“It’s the Mare. It has to be, she’s here!”

“It could be Jeff. The guy’s crazy.”

“No way. They’re all still breathing. Jeff never leaves anypony alive!”

By this point, Mitta was right behind the stallion. She knocked him off his hooves and smashed him to the ground. She then punched the mare three times to knock her out.

Mitta followed the hoofprints, going past a picture of Police Officer Ordered Law and through a door. She went through the corridor, stopping when she heard a male thug.

“So where’re they takin’ her?”

“No idea.” Another stallion said. “Pinkamena never tells us her plans.”

“She looked scared. Maybe she knew what was coming.”

“Maybe. I heard that Pinks’ brought someone in to deal with her.”

“She should’ve asked me. I would have made her talk. Would’ve been fun.”

From behind a corner, Mitta threw a thrower at the thug with the gun. That knocked him down, so Mitta went over to the next thug, who looked scared.

She easily beat them both and walked through the door.

There were six thugs in the circular room. This wasn’t going to be as difficult as the fight with the ten thugs but it still required caution.

Mitta walked up to the first thug she saw, which was a mare. She punched her thrice and knocked her down, alerting the others to her presence.

“Welcome to the Moongate Library.” Pinkamena said over the intercom. “History is so important.”

Mitta ignored Pinkamena and countered a stallion’s buck by flipping him over. The next mare tried to slash open Mitta’s throat, so Mitta jumped over her and bucked her.

“A traumatic event here.” Pinkamena continued.

Mitta gave a stallion an uppercut.

“A murder there.”

Mitta ducked under a bar swung by a mare and flipped her over.

“It’s enough to drive anypony crazy!” Pinkamena ended her speech with a psychotic laugh.

Mitta flipped a stallion with knives over and broke his foreleg.

The second got hit by a thrower and taken down while the fifth threw the bar at her. Mitta caught the bar and hit the first one, who had been trying to sneak up on her, with it. She then blasted some magic at the fifth.

The third threw a knife at Mitta, so she caught it with magic and sent it to the ground. She then picked up the third and threw her at the second, knocking him out. The first came back up and charged at Mitta, who tripped him over and bucked him, knocking her out cold.

The fourth threw a box at Mitta, so she caught it and threw it right back. The third tried to cut Mitta again, so she flipped over the inmate again and bucked her, sending her down. The fifth ran in and got hit by magic while the fourth got kicked in the face by Mitta.

“Congratulations!” Pinkamena said over the intercom. “Now all you have to do is take a stroll downstairs and save the helpless hostages. Riiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhtttttt?”

Mitta rolled her eyes. Obviously Pinkamena wasn’t going to make things easy for Mitta, so she grappled up to the higher levels.

“Hey!” Pinkamena complained. “You can’t skip to the end of the game! That’s cheating! Oh well. Just enough time for the room to explode!”

Mitta pulled a grate off the wall hurriedly. She climbed in and crawled along into a room.

“One minute thirty to go!” Pinkamena proclaimed as Mitta climbed into another vent. “Got to say, I’m bored already. Shame that thing isn’t controlled remotely.”

Mitta hurriedly grappled up to another ledge and then crawled into a vent. She quickly pushed the grate off the wall.

Mitta looked at the chandelier. The rope holding it in place looked weak enough to cut with a thrower. So she got out a thrower and cut the rope.

The chandelier crashed through the floor, making a huge mess.

“Well, look at this.” Pinkamena giggled. “These hostages are in their final sixty seconds of having a pulse. Or a body for that matter.”

A sense of urgency now in place, Mitta jumped down, pulling out her cape at the last possible second. She went over to the present box that held the bomb and opened it.

All it contained was a cut-out picture of (although she didn’t know what it was) the troll face.

Sighing in annoyance and relief, Mitta cut the hostages free.

“Thank you Mare-Do-Well!” A doctor said. “Are they all gone?”

Mitta looked up. The thugs had apparently recovered early and fled, so they didn’t get hit by the chandelier.

“Yes, you’re safe.” Mitta assured her. “What happened?”

“It-it all happened so fast. Some patients broke in and started tearing up the place, like they were looking for something. Serving Protector here tried to fight back but there were too many! They took Dr Heart, she rushed in here and they followed.”

“I’m sorry.” The guard apologised. “When I came to, we were all tied up. Doc Heart was gone. I heard a voice on one of the radios. It sounded like they being told to meet up in the Warden’s office.”

So, Mitta thought. Dr Heart was trying to hide the notes when she was caught. Where did she hide them?

Mitta activated her lenses, looking around. She found Heart’s hoofprints on the side of a book. She went over to it and found the notes haphazardly stuffed inside it.

Mitta looked at the notes and both activated her radio and got out her Explosive Gel. “Moonbow, I’ve found Dr Heart’s research formula.”

“Great.” Moonbow sounded relieved. “So does that mean you’ve stopped Pinkamena and Atmosphere?”

Tossing the now on fire paper over her shoulder, Mitta said, “With them, it’s never that easy.”

Author's Note:

Author’s Notes

I would just like to point out that I will be posting pictures of my Moongate Asylum villains on my Deviantart account. I make the villains myself and I’ve so far got Dr Atmosphere and Pinkamena uploaded and I’m still working on Fear Feeder.

Speaking of which, I’m kinda stuck on Fear Feeder’s origin story. If anyone has some ideas for what his story could be like, I’m accepting PMs that tell his story in a nutshell. If I do get any PMs, they CANNOT be exactly like Scarecrow’s origin. It can be a bit similar but can’t be directly stolen.

To give you an idea of how different I want it to be, Atmosphere and Feeder were friends in high school.

Thanks for watching.

Potato.