• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 2,407 Views, 84 Comments

Mare-Do-Well: Moongate Asylum - SirPotato



A re-imagining of Batman: Arkham Asylum with Mare-Do-Well and OC villains.

  • ...
1
 84
 2,407

Pumped

The Mare-Do-Well character is based off the character from the fanfic ‘Waking Nightmares’, written by KnightMysterio. Moonbow Peek is an OC made by nightelf37. Mitta is an OC in a fan game by Donitz. If you really don’t care about this, then continue on. If you are not a brony, then leave this page immediately and forget you ever looked at it. Otherwise, continue!


Mare-Do-Well: Moongate Asylum
Pumped


Atmosphere wasn't completely heartless.

He has friends. Insane, cold-hearted killers they may be, but they were still his friends.

So naturally, he was less than pleased when Fear Feeder had disappeared from the radar.

He was looking at a map of the whole island right now, searching for Feeder's ID tag, but there was nothing.

He was gone. In what way, he wasn't sure.

But he was not happy about it.

So he called a meeting of his best and brightest.

Three stallions and four mares walked inside the chamber, which was really just a prison block with a nameplate on the door that read 'Dr Mindlapse Atmosphere'.

"You called us, boss?" One of the stallions asked.

Atmosphere turned around, revealing the expression on his face. The thugs immediately decided not to say or do anything to anger him.

"It appears that Mindworks has disappeared." Atmosphere said.

The captains stayed silent. They didn't like Fear Feeder at all and thought they were better off without him, but they didn't dare say that in front of Atmosphere.

"Clearly, Mare-Do-Well had something to do with this." Atmosphere continued. "As a result, I want all my minions more heavily armoured than before. We are going to kill this Mare if it is the last thing we do. Understand?"

"Yes sir." Six of the captains chorused.

One of the mares was more hesitant.

"Is there a problem, Gold Peace?" Atmosphere asked coldly.

"Well Atmos..." Peace began. "It's just that...the survivors took most of the good stuff and either hid it, or destroyed it. I'm not sure that we can arm everypony else more heavily than we already have."

Atmosphere's wing moved toward a pocket in his jacket where he stored his trademark makeshift laser gun.

"But I'm sure that we can figure something out." Peace said quickly.

"Good." Atmosphere moved his wing back to neutral. "Make it happen."

The seven captains nodded and backed out of the room. Atmosphere turned to the end of the room and looked at the metal creation leaning against the wall.

He had finished it by now and he was very proud of it. He had built it from a destroyed chariot, spare sheet metal, some boats, some parts smuggled to the island pre-escape and a dead unicorn's brain. It was mostly a last resort really, because it had many weak spots that could be exploited to destroy the machine, but it had the firepower necessary to destroy Mare-Do-Well.

He had planned for a possible failure of course. It was all too possible, with his moronic minions and a hero known for overcoming the impossible, but still... he had a forty percent chance of success.

And he still did, providing that he killed Mare-Do-Well.


BOOM

Mitta glared at her Explosive Gel in annoyance. It had an extremely inconvenient mechanism that refilled the spray gun with gel, but only when there was no gel placed anywhere within a very large radius. That meant that Mitta had to detonate her planned, yet unused trap for Arachnid.

It also meant that Arachnid had a free path out of his cell.

But Mitta would need her gel fully loaded. It was one of her more useful gadgets.

Note to self: Have a serious discussion with my engineer. Mitta thought to herself.

In the meantime, Mitta decided to get the Marecave. With the necessary spores collected, she now needed to make the antidote in order to stop Flower Power. Then, she had to deal with Atmosphere.

As she cut through a few webs, she wonder what Atmosphere had done while she had been focusing on the antidote. He was probably in the planning stage of his attack on Manehatten. It was entirely possible that he had started large-scale manufacturing of Savage. She had to hurry.

Mitta zipped to a previously-locked door via Line Launcher and walked through. The Marecave was conveniently close by, so she didn't have to walk far.

As she walked to the cave, she heard some thugs talking.

"It's not down here!" A stallion said.

"What're we looking for again?" Another stallion asked.

"Atmos says the Mare's got a storeroom or cave or something down here." A mare explained.

"No way."

"Atmos says she's getting her toys from somewhere. Makes sense, I guess."

"Okay, but we've been searching for all this time and we haven't found nothing."

"We've only been searching for half an hour." Another mare pointed out.

"Yeah, well in my terms, that's- SHE'S HERE!"

Mitta looked on coldly as the thugs suddenly spun around to look at her.

Mitta did a quick analysis. One thug had two knives and another was using magic to hold a gun. There were about six of them.

Initiating the fight, Mitta punched the closest thug a few times, knocking him down. Seeing that the knife thug was about to slash at her, Mitta jumped out of the way and kicked another thug who was trying to rip a pipe out of the wall. She then jumped back and kicked at another thug.

The knife guy was about to try and cut her again, so Mitta threw a thrower at him, knocking him down. Then, after quickly punching out the mare with the gun, Mitta jumped on top of the stabber and smashed his head into the ground, knocking him out. She then bucked another thug trying to get a pipe out of the wall.

The second thug tried to hit her, but found that his face got smashed in as a consequence. The fifth thug went for the gun, so Mitta jumped over to him and punched him to the ground. Then, the first thug picked up a box and threw it at Mitta, who caught it and threw it right back, knocking him down.

The third thug managed to rip out a pipe and swing it at Mitta, who blocked it with one hoof and punched the thug with the other. The sixth thug got bucked in the face, which left him with a nasty mark on his forehead. Mitta then jumped over to the first thug and broke his front leg.

The fifth thug got his punch blocked and countered, which knocked him out, and the third thug got punched in the face as well. The second thug met the end of his tether when a thrower hit him in the face and as the last one stuttered some terrified pleas, Mitta fired a blast of magic, knocking him down and out.

Once that was done, Mitta felt the island shudder.

Then, her radio clicked on.

"I take it that you heard that." Moonbow said. "The plants are going crazy. Your instruments are picking up seismic activity in all locations. It's not looking good."

"It's okay." Mitta reassured her. "I've got the mold samples. I'm heading to the Marecave to mix up an antidote."

"Good. I'd tell you to hurry, but I'm sure you already know what you're doing. Contact me in the cave if you need anything."

"Sure." Mitta said, hanging up.

Mitta grappled up to an alcove, also climbing into a vent in the process. She exited it on the other side, landing on a rock bridge leading to a cave which, in turn, led her straight back to the Marecave.

"Scan and open." Mitta said once she approached the disguised door. The scanner quickly identified her, opening the door and granting her access.

Mitta walked along the extended passageway that lead to the main platform. She leapt over a gap, then proceeded to walk towards the computer.

She spent a few minutes at the computer typing commands into the console then she spent a few more minutes waiting for the cure to be synthesised.

After a while, Moonbow called up. "How close are you to making a cure?"

"Close." Mitta replied. "Although, it's been more difficult than I expected."

Mitta walked up to a device similar to her Explosive Gel sprayer, except this was filled with a green liquid and had a needle-like tip.

"The process is slow, difficult and doesn't produce much antidote." Mitta explained, picking up the injector and placing it on her belt.

"And the good news?" Moonbow questioned.

"The chemical will definitely stop Greenlife." Mitta said with satisfaction. "It might also reverse the Savage transformation, but I'll need to run some tests to be sure. I've set the computer to make more, but I need to go stop Flower Power."

"Thank Celestia. His plants have reached the Manehatten river."

Suddenly, there was a huge rumbling.

Mitta looked up to see a giant vine shoot down from the ceiling.

Alarmed, Mitta jumped out of the way before the vine smashed down and crushed the computer.

Mitta looked at the damage and cursed.

Leaping over another vine, Mitta jumped down into the abyss and glided out of harms way.

"Mitta! Are you alright?" Moonbow said over the radio.

"I'm fine!" Mitta said, grappling up to the main platform once the vines stopped moving. "But the computer's been destroyed."

"Oh no..."

Mitta walked over to one of the crates. She opened it, reached inside and took out a modified hook for her Claw. She fitted it on and looked at it. It now had the ability to fire three hooks instead of one. This would serve her nicely.

Mitta looked at the computer. Without the ability to make more of the antidote, she was stuck with the small amount she started with. There was only enough for one dose, maybe two. She would have to use it wisely.

Mitta remembered that there was a structural weakness on the wall to her left. She couldn't get to it with her Explosive Gel, but the Triple Claw ought to do the trick.

She took out the Claw and fired at the wall. The hook instantly split into three separate pieces, each latching onto a different section of the wall. Then, Mitta began to pull.

It was difficult, but Mitta eventually managed to pull down the wall, allowing her to glide to a square room.

Grappling up to a cave, Mitta followed it along until she found a couple of small islands in the ocean. Between her and the first one were three stone spires.

Mitta looked at her map. She had to get to another cave that was along to the left. She couldn't glide to it from here.

So instead, she leapt and glided towards the island instead.

She dodged the spires and landed on the island. Then, she grappled up to another ledge, climbed up that and then looked for another opening.

There was a large gap in front of her, with a cave being on the other side. Getting out her Line Launcher, Mitta looked for two points for the launcher to attach to, then fired. She zip-lined across to the other side.

Finding herself in a volcano-shaped cave, Mitta grappled up to the top, fired another line, and got to the cave.

Mitta ran along the tunnel, eventually finding herself at the stone bridge which led her to the Marecave. She glided down and landed on it.

Already it was overrun by plants. She had to get to Greenlife, quickly.

Mitta climbed into the vent, climbed out the other side and then ran for it. She stopped, seeing that one of the mutated plants with teeth had popped up at the top of the stairs.

Mitta carefully walked up the stairs furthest from the monster. She got out a thrower as a test, then threw it at the creature. It ate it in one bite.

Mitta frowned, then tried firing some magic at it. It merely absorbed it.

Wonderful. Now what? Mitta thought to herself, trying to figure out a way to get past the creature.

She then spotted a knife near one of the thug bodies that the creature hadn't eaten up. She picked it up with magic and threw it into the creature's forehead.

It screeched in pain and writhed about, allowing Mitta to run past it. She then had to stop because there was another one at the end of the corridor.

As Mitta approached it, her radio started up. "Mitta, I've been simulating what will happen if Power's plants reach Manehatten."

"They won't get that far." Mitta replied. "My antidote will stop them and Power."

"I hope you're right. I'm here if you need me."

"I know." Mitta replied, hanging up.

Mitta looked at the creature. It didn't have any eyes, so Mitta could only assume that it detected movement via air vibrations. With that in mind, Mitta started moving slowly past it, hoping that she was right. Thankfully, she was, so she slipped past without getting her side bitten off.

She looked down the corridor, and to her infinite ire, she saw another plant right in front of the door to the main sewer junction, which was where she needed to go.

Mitta crawled slowly past it, knowing that if she moved too fast, she would be eaten in one bite. She slowly pushed open the door, carefully trotting to the other side as the plant creature turned in confusion. Once she was on the right side, she slammed the door shut.

Breathing a sigh of relief, Mitta turned to the sewer junction...

...and groaned in irritation as she saw that fluoro green water was being poured into the place.

Mitta looked around as she walked further into the room. The green water was pouring out of a chamber above her and the whole area was being terrorized by plants. Judging by what Mitta had already dealt with tonight, she decided that it wasn't anything good.

Mitta turned her radio back on. "Moonbow, we have a problem."

Moonbow sighed. "What now? The Elementals? The Quizmaster? Atmosphere's newest robotic monstrosity?"

"Unfortunately, it's not that simple." Mitta replied. "I'm at the main sewer junction, and it seems to be polluted with Savage." Mitta frowned. "But why? What's Atmosphere planning now?"

"I'll look into it." Moonbow replied. The radio shut off.

The toothed plants were everywhere here, so Mitta crept along slowly. She climbed up a wall, quickly before the plant noticed and jumped over a ledge to a platform. She jumped to another platform and looked to the next one. Another plant was rooted on it.

Preparing herself, Mitta jumped to the platform, grabbing the edge. The plant growled angrily, giving Mitta incentive to pause for a moment.

When nothing happened, Mitta carefully and slowly climbed up to the platform, eyeing the plant carefully. It 'looked' in her direction, but it didn't make a move. Mitta slowly trotted past it, then quickly leapt to the next platform. The plant snapped in Mitta's direction, but thankfully missing her.

As Mitta trotted up a fallen pillar, she got back on the radio to Moonbow. "The Savage water seems to be corrosive, but it shouldn't trouble the suit. What have you found out?"

"I'm not sure you're ready for this." Moonbow muttered.

"I'm not." She replied bluntly. "Go ahead."

"Atmosphere's pumping all the waste from the Savage production process into that chamber." Moonbow explained. "It acts as a natural storage tank. Once it's full, it pours everything out into the Manehatten river. Normally, it's safe, but..."

"But this time it's full of Savage." Mitta frowned, jumping to a mini aqueduct flowing with polluted water. "How do I stop it?"

"I'm working on it." Moonbow replied before leaving the conversation.

Mitta climbed up another fallen support column and jumped over a gap before reaching a dead end. However, there was another platform on the other side of a large gap too big for Mitta to jump across. Getting out her Line Launcher, she fired into the wall behind and in front of her and rolled across. Another plant had situated itself there, so Mitta had to creep along to avoid it.

After climbing up a wall and jumping to another platform, Moonbow got back on the radio. "I have some old schematics of the building here. There are three control rooms that you need to shut down. The first one is directly above you."

"Good. I'll shut them all down." Mitta said, jumping over gaps and climbing up ledges.

"What will happen if this stuff reaches Manehatten?" Moonbow asked.

"It won't." Mitta responded determinedly.

Mitta turned around. With the point she wanted to get to being on the other side of the room, Mitta decided that her Line Launcher would be the best approach. Getting it out, she fired it and rode it to the other side.

When she reached the other side and climbed up the ledge, she heard Atmosphere's voice from above her.

"Hurry up with it!" Atmosphere snapped, his voice muffled by brickwork. "I'm not joking. I want this to be done as soon as possible!"

"You heard him." A female thug said from inside the room above Mitta. "Are we ready?"

"Yeah!" A male thug replied as Mitta jumped up the ledge. "We're at full power!"

"We're pumping out galleons!" Another stallion added.

"Good." The mare said as Mitta climbed up a small aqueduct. "So... does this stuff pump out into the Manehatten river or the ocean?"

"Who cares?" The first stallion asked. "Don't affect us, don't it?"

"Well... my husband lives near the river..." The mare muttered.

"Oh, yeah. I heard." The second stallion said casually. "Ain't you an' him divorced, though?"

"So what?" The mare asked aggressively as Mitta pulled out her Triple Claw. "I'm still allowed to care for the guy, ain't I?"

"He's probably found a flank other than yours. Forget about it." The first stallion said bluntly.

Mitta fired at a weak section of the wall, the hooks digging into the concrete.

"What in Tartarus do you know?" The mare asked angrily. "Your marefriend left you after about a year!"

"Ey! I told you: I ended it with her." The first stallion retorted as Mitta pulled on the wall.

The second stallion chuckled. "Yeah. Sure ya did."

"You know what I'm talking about!" The first stallion said roughly. "You broke up with yours about an hour ago!"

"Yeah, but that's only 'cause she joined 'Mena's gang." The second stallion responded.

"Mena?" The mare asked. "As in, Pinkamena?"

"Yeah, she-"

CRASH

With a final pull, Mitta brought down the wall, causing all three thugs to simultaneously jump. They ran to the gaping hole in the wall to look at what caused it. Then, they froze.

"Oh, no..." The second stallion moaned.

"What's goin' on over there?" A second mare asked from out of sight.

"The Mare's here!" The first mare replied as Mitta took aim with her Claw. "Go grab a-!"

Mitta fired again, the hooks catching onto the three thugs in the hole. As they reeled in surprise, Mitta gave a great pull and brought them out of the wall. Thankfully, none of them were pegasi, so they yelled in terror and fell to the ground.

Mitta grappled up to the hole and climbed in just as the fourth mare inside was walking up. Panicking, the mare threw a punch at Mitta, which she counted by grabbing it and kicking the mare in the face, instantly knocking her out.

"H-Hey!" One of the stallions Mitta pulled down shouted. "Let us up!"

"Hello?! What's going on down there?!" Atmosphere shouted from a speaker. "Oh... why am I even asking? Enjoy this while you can, Mare-Do-Well! These caves will be your doom!"

Ignoring him, Mitta walked through a steel door. She entered another hallway where two goons were talking to each other at the top of some stairs. Mitta quickly fired the Triple Claw and fired at the thugs, pulling them down the stairs. She walked over them when they hit the bottom, not wanting to waste her time with them.

She reached an intersection and looked around. There were two doorways, which she assumed led to the other pump rooms. She needed to go down one of the hallways in order to save Manehatten.

Choosing one at random, Mitta turned and started walking down the left hall.


Atmosphere growled in annoyance. Assuming that Mare-Do-Well managed to shut down the pump rooms, he'd have no way to dispose of the toxic waste that was created during the manufacture of Savage, which meant that he would only be able to make a certain amount more. And considering that this was Mare-Do-Well he was dealing with, that was a very real possibility.

"Right..." He muttered to himself, grabbing a Savage syringe from the nearby table. "This needs to end quickly..."

Knock, knock

"Come in!" Atmosphere snapped.

One of his stallions walked in. "Hey, Atmos. We finally got the last of Pinkamena's guys."

"Good, good." Atmosphere looked at his syringe. Then, he walked over to his minion and gave it to him. "Get one of them, shove them in one of the elevators that go down to the pump rooms and inject him with this. Mare-Do-Well is down there, and we need to be rid of her as soon as possible."

"Alright boss... erm..." The stallion scratched his head nervously.

"I'm sorry, was that order not clear enough for you?" Atmosphere asked icily.

"No, no, it's just... some of the boys reckon that they saw one of the princesses trotting around on the island."

Atmosphere carefully considered this new bit of information. "A princess... tell me, how tall was she?"

The thug blinked. "Uh... well, it was dark, but I think they said that she was no bigger than you or me..."

"Then it's Twilight Sparkle." Atmosphere deduced. "Hmm... She's not as dangerous as the other two, less experienced..."

"Shall we search for her, Atmos?"

"No." Atmosphere said firmly. "You're no match for an Alicorn's magic. This is a task that requires trickery."

"Right, so we get Feeder?" The thug asked.

Atmosphere glared at him.

"Oh. Right." The thug said meekly.

"I'll deal with the princess." Atmosphere growled. "You focus on Mare-Do-Well."

The stallion gulped. "Yes boss." Then he fled the room.

Atmosphere sighed and started thinking. He couldn't take on a princess head-first, he knew that. Should he shoot at her from the shadows, maybe?

Then again... He thought to himself. A princess could make a valuable hostage... if I managed to capture her... but how could I make her useful to me?

Atmosphere looked at his tools on the table. Then he looked at the machine in the corner.

He smiled. A plan was beginning to formulate in his head.

Author's Note:

REAL SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG.

I'm going to try and finish this story completely. It may will take a while, but I will try my best. The only thing I can promise is that almost every loose story thread will be satisfyingly tied up!

Thanks for watching.

Potato.

Comments ( 4 )

The Elementals?

6339114 They might be representing Mr Freeze in Moongate City.

I love your story.

When will the next chapter come out?

Login or register to comment