• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 2,407 Views, 84 Comments

Mare-Do-Well: Moongate Asylum - SirPotato



A re-imagining of Batman: Arkham Asylum with Mare-Do-Well and OC villains.

  • ...
1
 84
 2,407

Chase

The Mare-Do-Well and the Jeff characters are based off characters from the fanfic 'Waking Nightmares', written by KnightMysterio. Moonbow Peek and Chronicle are OCs made by nightelf37. Mitta is an OC used in a fan game made by Donitz. If you really don't care about this, then continue on. If you're not a brony, then why the hell are you even here? Otherwise, continue!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mare-Do-Well: Moongate Asylum

Chase

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mitta walked down the corridor, seeing dead guards here and there. It infuriated her, so she picked up her pace. Everywhere that madpony goes, death is sure to follow. She thought to herself.

As she walked through, the chime lady sounded. "Warning!" She said. "Security breach in level B3. Warning! Security breach in level B2."

She turned a third corridor, running now. Two inmates came out from the intersection, clearly hoping to ambush her. She merely smashed their heads together and kept running.

"Warning! Security breach in level B8. Warning! Security breach in level B1."

The voice continued. As Mitta looked to the left, she noticed an unconscious guard. She ran to him as he started to get up.

"What happened?" He groaned.

"Atmosphere escaped." Mitta replied. "You're lucky to be alive."

The guard, looking terrified, said "He must have gone this way! Door's jammed. I'll try and get it open."

Before any of them could do anything though, the radio on the guard's chest beeped. A voice came out of it.

"We need help in Pacification. I repeat, we need backup in Pacification. Can anyone hear this?"

"Can you hear me?" The guard asked. "I'm with Mare-Do-Well. Hello?"

"Where's Pacification?" Mitta asked.

"Back down there. You need help?"

Mitta thought about this for a moment. Then she said "No. I work better alone."

"Jeff is free!" The guard on the radio sounded panicky now. "Oh Celestia. He's got Atom!"

"Fishbait, can you hear this? If you can, help's on the way."

Mitta turned and ran down the corridor to Pacification. As she ran, she remembered something. She clicked on her headset radio. "Moonbow, can you hear me?"

"Yes I can." Moonbow replied. "What do you need?"

"Atmosphere's broken loose. He's running free in Moongate."

"Atmosphere…" Moonbow mused. "Which one's he again?"

"The mad scientist. Builds ridiculous contraptions. Obsessed with the Rainbow Factory story."

"Ah. That one." Moonbow sounded worried. "Is the Princess okay?"

"She's fine. For now." A thought struck Mitta. "Where's her bodyguard, Chronicle? He's a good fighter, he did manage to defeat Arachnid once."

"I'm afraid he's not available. He's on leave to tend to some family matters."

"I see. I'll stay in contact."

Mitta turned off her radio. By now she had walked up to a door which she guessed leaded to Pacification. She went through, where two guards were looking through a pacification gate.

"Let him go!" One shouted. "You'll only end up in more trouble if you continue!"

Mitta walked up to one of them. He turned and breathed a sigh of relief when he saw her.

"Thank Celestia. It's Jeff. He got Nitro Atom and strapped him in the chair. Jeff has totally lost it!" He said, close to panicking.

"Wait here." Mitta ordered.

"We can't! If he sees anyone trying to get close, he'll kill Nitro." The guard responded.

She looked through the barrier. A guard with a white coat and a red mane was strapped to the electric chair, the activator being held in the magical grip of a unicorn.

His coat was grey, but that wasn't the scary thing. His face had a mouth that was bloody at the ends but that wasn't the scariest part. The scariest part was his Cutie Mark. It was a knife slash, with the flesh pulled away to reveal the bone, making it look like an actual wound.

Jeff looked at Mitta and snarled. "If I see anything that looks even a little bit like a superhero, then this guard dies. Do you hear me?!" He pressed the button, electrifying the guard.

"He won't see me." Mitta said coldly.

She walked to a stairwell, climbing up to the upper level. After dodging a few computers, she spotted a doctor on another computer, trying to do something. When she noticed Mitta, she said in a Prench (French) accent "This is disgraceful. How did a patient like Jeff get free?"

"We'll worry about that later." Mitta replied.

The doctor looked at him. "He wants to kill the guard, you know. He needs to kill the guard."

Mitta chose not to respond to that. She went to the balcony, which provided her with a view of Jeff and the guard.

"Please." A guard on the balcony begged her. "Jeff has got my buddy. You've got to save him!"

"Keep him occupied." Mitta ordered. "I need to get behind him."

But how? She asked herself. He'll see me coming on the ground, and he'll hear my wings flapping. She looked around, spotting a gargoyle statue on the wall. These old gargoyles should be able to support my weight. After all, I don't weigh much.

She jumped up to the gargoyle, climbing up onto it. She wasted no time in jumping to the other one, then to another one behind Jeff. She looked at him, imagining her alignment, then made a dive towards him.

Inside Jeff's twisted mind, he looked at the guard he was imprisoning. He looked absolutely terrified, which suited Jeff. He liked it when his victims were scared. It was better when he had his knife though. He looked back at the guards begging him to stop. He couldn't see Mare-Do-Well anymore, which made him slightly suspicious. Where was she, if not storming up to him to try and save the guard's pathetic life?

As if to answer this question, two hooves slammed into the back of his head, knocking him to the ground.

Dazed, he tried to figure out what happened. He didn't see her! She couldn't have gotten behind him!

Then he though no more, as Mitta grabbed his mane with her teeth, then slammed his head into the ground.

The guards as a whole breathed a sigh of relief. "Someone put this animal back in his cell." One of them ordered.

As they dragged Jeff away, an anti-magic band on his horn, some televisions flicked on. Mitta went up to them, a familiar voice coming out of it. "Can you hear me? Is this thing on?"

The image stilled, revealing a pink unicorn mare with straight, pink hair, blue eyes and a cupcake Cutie Mark. When she saw Mitta, she grinned. A sadistic, demented grin.

"Finally! I was beginning to wonder whether this was the right channel or not!" She said happily, bouncing back in a disturbing familiarity.

"Pinkamena." Mitta snarled. This actually explained how Atmosphere was able to get past the pacification barrier.

"In the flesh!" She chirped happily. "What, aren't you happy to see me?"

"What do you want?" Mitta spat. She had no wish to talk to Pinkie's insane cousin.

"The usual! Ponies dying in pain, being turned into my lovely cupcakes…" She suddenly stood up straight. "Oh! I forgot! I gotta show you something! One second!"

She disappeared off screen, then returned with two chairs tied together. In those chairs were Warden Point and Pinkie Pie, respectively. They both had gags over their mouths.

Pinkamena put a forehoof over Point's shoulder. "I'm now subbing for the old man!" She stroked Point's head. "Old Sharpie's never been happier. And, I took this as an excellent opportunity to meet my dear cousin!"

Point had a mixed expression of terror and outrage. Pinkie merely gave Pinkamena a look of deepest loathing.

"In case you haven't figured it out," Pinkamena walked closer to the camera. "Today's Atmosphere's big homecoming, and you're the guest of honour. Well, that's what he told me anyway."

"Why even work with Atmosphere?" Mitta asked.

"Why wouldn't I? I've always wanted to punish the pigs that work here. I even baked a batch of them!" Pinkamena went off screen again, coming back with freshly made cupcakes, with various bloody Cutie Marks stitched onto them.

Pinkie looked away from them, tears forming at her eyes. Point stared at them, looking horrified.

"Sorry, MDW. Gotta go. Stuff to do, ponies to kill, that sorta stuff. See ya!" And with that, she bucked into the camera, destroying it.

Mitta's radio beeped. "Mitta!" Moonbow said. "Are you getting this?"

"I hear you. What's happened?"

"Moongate Asylum just vanished!"

"How?"

"Magically. One moment, it's there, the next, its gone invisible."

"Atmosphere has some unicorns in here. They probably casted a disillusion spell."

"That's not all he's done. All police feeds are reporting that he's placed bombs all over every major city, including Ponyville. He says he'll detonate them if anypony sets hoof in Moongate Valley.

"It's being suppressed at the moment, but the story will break at any moment."

"He's lying." Mitta said. "It's just a diversion to keep ponies away."

"How do you know?"

"I know him." Mitta hung up.

"The room's locked down. I can't open the gate. We're trapped in here!" A guard called out.

Nitro Atom sat up, then said. "Try the radio. Control should be able to override the gate."

"Atmosphere's in control." Mitta pointed out. "He's probably the one who shut it down."

The guards looked crestfallen at this, but Mitta had just walked over to a small grate. Using her magic, she pulled the grate off the wall, putting it to the side.

"Hey," One of the guards pointed out. "Mare-Do-Well found a way out! She ripped the grate off from the wall!"

Mitta crouched down onto her belly and crawled into the air vent. As she followed it, she heard Moonbow talk. "Mitta, I'm giving you an insight to the guard radio feed."

Over the radio, she heard some gunshots. "Red Dot, more MGP prisoners. By the boiler!" She heard a guard say.

"Who's that behind them?" The one supposedly called Red Dot asked. There was silence for a moment, then he started talking again, scared this time. "Dear Celestia… It's Atmosphere. He's free, how'd he break out?!"

The radio suddenly shut out. "Sorry." Moonbow apologised. "The feed's down. It's ridiculous, the comms are going up and down like crazy. It's no good, I'll keep trying."

Mitta pushed a grate open, seeing a guard opening a door. He ran inside, her following him once she got out of the grate. The door was marked 'Decontamination'.

The chime sounded. "Warning: Decontamination Room. Toxins detected."

The guard looked through the window, horrified and swearing. The ponies in there were thrashing about, looking at things that weren't there, all the time looking terrified. Some scuttled away like there were bugs crawling up to them. Some cowered like they were receiving an invisible beating. During all this, a green gas swirled around them. Mitta was well aware of what this gas was.

"Warning: Decontamination Room. Area sealed." The chime sounded.

A metal plate rose above the glass, hiding the ponies from view. The guard swore again and said at the room at large, "What is that stuff?!"

"Fear Toxin." Mitta sadly. "It's a poison gas that makes anyone see their worst fears before dying."

"I can see some survivors." The guard said panicky-like. "Are you going to help them?"

Mitta answered by flying up an opened air vent into the room full of toxin. This isn't a simple escape attempt. Mitta though as she pushed open another grate. Atmosphere's been planning this.

She jumped onto a wire platform. A guard was desperately hanging onto it with his teeth. When he saw Mitta, his eyes widened and he made some odd sounds. Mitta grabbed his mane with her teeth and pulled him onto the platform. "You'll be fine." She said. "Stay here."

She jumped to another platform, where another guard had managed to haul himself up. He noticed Mitta. "Mare-Do-Well's here! Just hold on a little longer Potato!"

Mitta blinked. Potato?

She had no time to wonder about this though, as the said guard was trying to hold on with a hoof on a ladder bar.

"I can't!" He cried. "I'm gonna fall!"

Mitta flew up and hauled him onto the platform. "I'm going after the animal that did this." She growled.

"Mare-Do-Well!" The guard below her said. "The extraction system! Potato was trying to get to the control panel at the end of the room!"

Taking note of this, she flew to another platform. To her surprise, a prisoner was holding onto the edge of it.

"I can't believe he left me here!" He snarled. "That son of a…" He noticed Mitta, and groaned. "Oh great. Just my luck, Mare-Do-Well…"

After a short debate in her head, she pulled him up, to the surprise of the convict. He turned to give her a gratifying look before being punched in the face.

Satisfied, she looked around, noticing a control panel in an office that was drenched in the toxin. She took out a blunt throwing knife, did a few calculations and threw it at the panel. It immediately activated, turning on the fans. The toxin soon flew out of the room.

"Attention." The chime sounded. "Air purity is now at normal levels. Attention. Decontamination Room access is now permitted."

"Woohoo!" One of the guards called out. "Go MDW! You rock! Atmosphere doesn't stand a chance!"

Mitta smirked at this, then walked through a door opposite the way she had come in.

When she entered, Atmosphere's voice echoed from the speakers.

"What are you waiting for?" He asked. "I'm so close that you can almost smell me."

She walked along, two inmates coming up to her. One tried to buck her, so she ducked down and attacked the other one. Slamming him against the wall, she picked him up with magic and threw him at the other. They both went down.

She walked over one of them and slammed his head into the floor. The other recovered before she could do the same to him and she just turned around and kicked his head. Then she continued walking down the corridor.

She entered a room where Atmosphere was standing on top of a metal crate suspended by a chain.

He smirked as she walked in, asking, "What took you so long?"

"There is no escape, Atmosphere." She growled. "I will find you."

"Oh, I'm counting on it. But, not yet."

In his wings, he held a button. When he pressed it, the door to the crate opened, stepping out of it was what could only be described as a monster. It stood on two legs and its right foreleg was giant. On both hooves were gigantic claws. Its eyes glowed green. It snarled at her as it walked out.

"Scary, isn't it?" Atmosphere said conversationally at Mitta's shocked face.

It glared at Mitta for a moment, then charged at her. She dodged it, still utterly shocked that Atmosphere managed to turn a pony into this thing. It was like Beast on steroids.

It charged at her again, to the same effect. It glared at her, then picked up a fallen guard and threw at her. As she dodged it, she could hear the snap of the guard's back.

It did this again a few more times before charging at her again. She ran in to see if she could knock it out. It looked at her punch and kick it for some time before slamming its fist into the ground.

She flew back, knocked off by the shockwave it caused. Dazed, she looked around blankly for a few moments before noticing the thing charge at her.

It smashed into her, forcing her off her hooves and into the wall. It raised its fist to pummel her but she blasted it with magic, forcing it to let her go. Then she ran off before it could do the shockwave attack again.

Bellowing with frustration, it charged at her again. Thinking differently this time, she threw a blunt knife at it before dodging. Briefly stunned, it blindly charged into the wall and crashed. Sensing an opportunity, she ran at it while it clutched its eye, punching it and kicking it a bit before it recovered. It did the shockwave attack again, but Mitta dodged it.

Now completely furious, it swung another few blows and charged at her again. Mitta threw another thrower and leapt out of the way. The creature slammed into the wall again. Mitta ran towards it to get another few blows in, but the creature swung its arm around, catching Mitta unawares. She fell to the floor, stars in her eyes.

She stood up dizzily, trying to catch her bearings. The creature however, recovered before she did and grabbed her by the wing. She struggled a bit before the creature threw her against the wall. Her wings hit the wall first.

She felt a surge of pain from her wings and she cried out in pain. Bracing herself on all fours, she vaguely registered that one, her wing was broken and two, she had been standing for some time now and the creature hadn't attacked her yet.

She looked up. Instead of attacking, the creature clutched its heart, then its head and finally, the green, unearthly light coming out of its eyes went out. The creature fell backwards, dead.

"Ah. Well that was unexpected, wasn't it?" Atmosphere said. He turned away, muttering something to himself. He turned back to her. "In the meantime, I need to go do some things. And I don't want you interfering."

"I will interfere." She replied. "I won't allow you to do those 'things'."

"Oh won't you?" Atmosphere raised an eyebrow. "How do you plan to stop me? Would you knock me down from here, making me fall into this bottomless pit? Ending my legacy once and for all?"

Mitta said nothing. She just stood silently.

Atmosphere chuckled. "There you go. You cannot and will not stop me. Goodnight."

And with that, a large metal door opened, the crate going inside and taking Atmosphere with it.

Behind a barrier, a guard groaned, climbing off the floor. He pressed a button and the barriers disappeared. Mitta walked inside.

"They came out of nowhere." The guard explained. "I dragged my buddy in here and powered up the gate. Must have passed out."

"What's through that door?" Mitta asked. "Atmosphere went through."

"We call it Extreme Isolation. Only way in is via the transport system."

"Open it."

"Okay, just need to call another transport."

He walked over to the console. After a few seconds, he frowned. "Something's wrong here. The main security loop is locked."

A screen flicked on. "Of course it is. I couldn't let you just follow me."

"Atmosphere!" Mitta snarled.

"Who were you expecting?" He asked mockingly. "Armour Shell?"

"There's no escape, Atmosphere!" Mitta snapped.

At this, Atmosphere laughed. "Why would I want to escape? I have business here, as you could plainly see from my little monster, and I'm not leaving until I've finished it."

"You won't finish it. I'll make sure of that."

"Oh really? With no Elements of Harmony to help you, I don't see how you can." He tilted the camera to a screen that was linked to a security camera. "I planned this all out before I even assaulted the town hall."

The screen showed Twilight and Nut in the same room. As she turned away from Nut, he brandished a nightstick and wacked her across the back of the head with it. She arched in pain, then fell unconscious.

"The Princess is on her way to Pinkamena as we speak." Atmosphere finished.

A jolt of fury passed through Mitta. Traitor. She thought.

Atmosphere leaned in towards the camera. "If I see you trying to follow me, she dies." He hissed. "Pinkamena's looking forward to it. Miss Sparkle will soon be inside a cupcake." The screen flicked off.

Author's Note:

Thanks to nightelf37 for letting me use the Moonbow Peak character! Check him out, he's awesome.

Thanks for watching.

Potato.