• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 2,407 Views, 84 Comments

Mare-Do-Well: Moongate Asylum - SirPotato



A re-imagining of Batman: Arkham Asylum with Mare-Do-Well and OC villains.

  • ...
1
 84
 2,407

Spider

The Mare-Do-Well character is based off the character from the fanfic ‘Waking Nightmares’, written by KnightMysterio. Moonbow Peek is an OC made by nightelf37. Mitta is an OC in a fan game by Donitz. If you really don’t care about this, then continue on. If you are not a brony, then leave this page immediately and forget you ever looked at it. Otherwise, continue!


Mare-Do-Well: Moongate Asylum
Spider


Fear Feeder reached behind into his belt to see if he had another mask left. To his frustration, he didn't.

He couldn't see how Mare-Do-Well had managed to shake off the effects of the fear gas yet again. It wasn't possible! It just wasn't physically possible! He had managed to break even the most strong-minded ponies with his gas. Why was the Mare the exception?!

He got out a canister of the gas. This particular canister contained enough fear gas to break the minds of everypony in Manehatten for a hundred years. That was the reason why he was going down into the sewers. He wanted to see whether anypony else in Manehatten could do what the Mare had done. Perhaps it would offer some enlightenment.

That said, he wasn't particularly happy about going into Arachnid's lair...


Mitta watched as the elevator reached it's destination. A set of metal doors closed above the elevator, stopping Mitta from jumping down to get to the bottom floor.

Mitta frowned. Whatever Fear Feeder wanted to do in the sewers, she reasoned that it was anything but good. Besides, she needed to go down there anyway. She had to open those doors.

She jumped down.

Mitta waited until the last possible moment before opening up her cape to slow her descent.

When she reached the bottom, she heard a thug ask, "Won't Atmos be pissed?"

Mitta jumped out of the sort of hole she was in and walked towards some stairs. As she did, another thug, a mare, replied, "Why should he? He and Mindworks are buddies."

"So what's down there?"

"Arachnid's cell. Tartarus, you could call it his feeding house if you've heard the stories. Same difference. No one ever goes in and comes out with their body fluids."

"So why's Feeder going down there?"

"Who cares? I locked the door behind him. He ain't coming out again."

By this time, Mitta had reached the top of the stairs. She got out a thrower and threw it. Hard. It took out the first two thugs on it's own, leaving Mitta free to deal with the other one on her own.

The third thug jumped, then ran towards Mitta. In response, Mitta punched him twice then bucked him, knocking him to the ground. She jumped on top of him and smashed his face into the ground, knocking him out.

By this time, the first two thugs had gotten back up. The first one threw a punch at her, prompting Mitta to counter it by smashing his head into the wall. The second thug got his foreleg broken by Mitta. Then, she quickly jumped on the first thug, who had fallen to the ground, and smashed his head into the ground like the third thug.

Mitta looked at a control box. It had two bombs hooked up to it. Sighing, she got out her Sequencer and prepared to do some frequency guessing.

The first one was relatively easy. The second one needed a bit more tweaking. The final one took about a minute until Mitta got it right.

And then it sparked out and the doors to the bottom floor opened up.

Mitta walked down the stairs and towards the entrance. As she did, she heard some more thugs talking.

"That guy creeps me out." A mare muttered.

"Me too." Another mare agreed.

"What's he doing down here anyway?" A stallion asked as Mitta leapt down and landed on the top of the elevator. "Why does the boss just let him walk around the place? I don't trust him."

"He's a distraction for the Mare. That's good enough for me." A third mare responded.

"What do you mean?"

"He means," The first mare replied. "That if the Mare's looking for Feeder, then she's not bothering us and we just may get out of here in one piece."

"Good plan."

Mitta proved them all wrong by throwing a thrower at the closest thug.

They all jumped as Mitta jumped down to fight them. A mare tried to hit her with a punch, but Mitta simply blocked it and punched the mare back. A stallion got bucked in the face and another had a thrower thrown at him. Another mare got her kick at Mitta countered with a simple flip and kick technique. And another mare was punched to the ground.

The third thug tried to get a gun out of the cabinet, so Mitta grabbed him and threw him into the second thug. The fourth thug got two forelegs to the face and was sent flying back. The first thug picked up a metal bar and tried to smash Mitta's skull in, so Mitta grabbed the bar and hit the bar over the criminal's head.

The fifth and sixth thugs ran in together, so Mitta smashed their heads together. The second one was hit by a thrower, which knocked her out. Mitta then jumped on the sixth thug and smashed her head onto the ground, so that she wouldn't get back up for a while.

Unfortunately, this left her open for the third thug to hit her with a crowbar.

Mitta stumbled before quickly regaining her bearings and blocking the second swing with a hoof. She then punched the third thug in the face to knock him out, then silently cursed when she saw the first thug get a gun out of one of the cabinets. Quickly dodging the five rounds that came her way, Mitta threw a thrower at her to knock her unconscious, then glared at the last two thugs.

The fourth thug threw her hat on the ground. "That's it. Screw Atmos. I'm going home."

"Hey- wha?!" The fifth thug spluttered as the fourth thug stepped into the elevator. "Come back here!"

"Nope!" The fourth thug pressed some buttons on the elevator. "I've been beaten up by the Mare three times tonight, I don't wanna go for a fourth round. I'm going home to my husband and then I'm moving out of the city. I've had just about enough for one night."

It was only when the elevator disappeared from sight that the fifth thug realised that she had a good point.

She grinned weakly at Mitta. "Unconditional surrender?"

Mitta punched her in the face.

You need to be more careful. Mitta reprimanded herself. That's the second time you've been hit tonight.

Ignoring the dead, vacuum-packed cows for Arachnid in a chute, Mitta opened a door and stepped into his lair.

She proceeded down a small, winding corridor, spying a destroyed interview tape on a box, then found herself at another door. To the left of the door, on the wall, was a big sign coloured in white paint: Danger: Keep Out.

Right. That'll keep some of our craziest out. Mitta thought sarcastically before opening the door.

Mitta looked around for a bit and spied a plant. Mitta approached it, wondering whether it was one of the plants Flower Power had mentioned. Upon closer inspection, it seemed to be nothing but an undersized version of those plants with the teeth.

"Too late, Mare-Do-Well!"

Mitta turned around to see Fear Feeder at the edge of a stream. Behind him was a gigantic mess of cobwebs that seemed to cover every inch of the tunnel.

As Feeder backed away, Mitta stood up and walked towards him.

"One step closer, and this goes into the water!" Feeder hissed. "The cave will fill with your deepest, darkest nightmares and you will never reach your precious Snarler roots."

To emphasise his point, Feeder held the canister over the water.

"Don't do it, Mindworks!" Mitta warned.

"Give me a reason." Feeder growled.

What happened next happened a tad too fast.

A brown blur rushed behind Feeder and hoisted him into the air. Feeder didn't have time to scream.

He did scream when he saw Arachnid's face, though.

"Hello, doctor." Arachnid said viciously. "You're not in your comfort zone, aren't you?"

Mitta got out a thrower and threw it at Arachnid's collar.

It sparked, sending electric shocks right through Arachnid, making him cry out in pain and drop Feeder into the water below. To escape from whatever caused the pain, Arachnid fled.

Mitta advanced cautiously, watching as Feeder resurfaced and tried to swim against the current. Failing that, he just tried to stay afloat.

Mitta, deciding that Feeder wasn't much of a threat right now, advanced over the platform, watching the webs carefully for any sign of Arachnid's advancement. She jumped over a gap and found that the way across was blocked by webs.

Getting out a couple of throwers, Mitta cut through the webs.

Knowing that spiders were typically alerted to their prey when their web vibrated, Mitta looked carefully for Arachnid. When there was no sign of his approach, she got out her line launcher and fired.

She managed to dodge the thicker strands of web, but some of the minor strands got caught on her face. She ripped them off and brushed off any spiders left on her body.

She did the same thing to get to the opening which clearly said 'DANGER. DO NOT ENTER'.

Once she reached the entrance, she heard something screech in the distance, accompanied by an echo.

Mitta advanced cautiously. She was in some sort of small tube at the moment.

Mitta activated her commlink. "Moonbow, I'm heading into Arachnid's lair to collect the plant spores that Greenlife mentioned. He's in some kind of sewer network. Could you send me the schematics? It's like a maze down here."

"Nothings coming up." Moonbow replied. "Mitta, are you sure about this? It sounds like a suicide mission."

Mitta attached a bat-shaped device to one of the pipes on the wall. "I've got no choice. I've tuned my scanner to detect the spores needed to make the Anti-Savage. Should lead me straight to them."

"What about Arachnid?"

Mitta bent down to spray some explosive gel on a particularly weak section of the floor. "Arachnid's just an animal, and animals just need traps and the right bait."

"Really?"

"Yes. I'll be fine. And never tell Fluttershy what I said about 'traps'. I'll contact you when I'm done."

Mitta walked to the larger area. The sewer network seemed to be drained of water and filled with cobwebs. There were a bunch of platforms held in the air by particularly strong webs. Why Arachnid would do that was anyone's guess.

Mitta frowned at the platforms. These will support my weight, but the webs will vibrate at a single touch, giving away my position to Arachnid. I'll have to move as slowly as possible.

Mitta proceeded forward carefully. She had no idea where Arachnid was. For all she knew, he could pop up from below her.

She climbed over a gate and landed, sending vibrations along the sticky strands. She moved forward again, looking around.

She looked at her HUD. Right now, the scanner said that the spores were about 137 metres from her position. She continued forward, still having way to go.

Mitta found that she was having an uneventful time getting through the network. Either Arachnid wasn't interested in her right now (which she doubted) or he was planning some sort of surprise attack.

Mitta looked at the webs. There were spiders everywhere of all types. There were wolf spiders, goliath tarantulas, sac spiders, redback spiders, mouse spiders... the list was endless. Arachnid could communicate and control all of them and they sometimes helped with his occasional escapes. Any of them could be waiting for a potential assassination attempt.

She was about 70 metres away, now. She kept looking around for potential signs of Arachnid's approach.

Mitta looked at the spiders in the web again. They all seemed to be moving to the sides, as if they were a crowd moving to welcome the Princesses...

If that wasn't a sign, she didn't know what was.

Mitta took out her thrower and waited until the brown blur that was Arachnid appeared. Once he did, she threw her thrower at his electrical collar. He writhed and yelled before retreating.

Mitta sighed in relief as the spider behaviour went back to normal.

Mitta continued on, her counter going down as she proceeded. Eventually, she saw a red light in the distance behind a fence. She scaled it and looked at the source.

It was the plant alright. They were a collection of vines that seemed to be the only things free of the spider webs. Attached to it was a single, green pod.

Mitta cut the pod down with her thrower and scavenged it. She got out a small test tube and put the spores that were in it inside.

However, it wasn't nearly enough. These spores don't contain enough of the Anti-Savage mould. I'll need to find more.

Her counter read 75 metres, so she continued on to find the next set of spores.

She found that finding the other spores was going to be a period of trial and error. If she proceeded in the wrong direction, then her counter would flash red and go up, so she would have to turn clockwise until it turned white again.

As she was walking, she saw the spiders part way again, but she couldn't see anything in front of her. She spun around just in time to see Arachnid coming up from behind.

She threw her thrower just as Arachnid was getting to her personal space. The moment the object hit the collar, electricity flowed through his body, causing him to retreat.

Noticing how the strands were vibrating due to Arachnid's approach, Mitta decided to risk it and run for a small while until everything settled down. She ran for about six or seven seconds before slowing down and stopping.

She looked left and right. The spores were behind a fence to her right. Satisfied, she jumped the fence and got out her thrower. She cut the pod down and gathered the spores.

The test tube was about two-fifths full now. She still needed quite a bit.

As she turned around, she saw Arachnid zooming up. She got out her thrower, waited for him to smash through the gate, then hit his collar. He screamed in pain and fell below.

Mitta ran forward for a bit before slowing down to a crawling speed. She followed her counter, stopping and turning when necessary. The sewer system was a real maze.

When her counter read 110 metres, Arachnid scuttled in from a corner and got immediately hit by a thrower, causing him to retreat.

Bad place to pop up, Arachnid. Mitta thought to herself. She continued on her way.

When she was nearing the spores, Mitta saw Arachnid pop out from behind a wall. He smashed through it, but got hit by a thrower and had to retreat.

Seeing the spores, Mitta rushed up to them and cut them down. She then filled the vial with what was in the pod.

Again, she saw the webs vibrate behind a wall. Knowing that Arachnid was going to burst through, Mitta prepared her thrower.


Arachnid had been electrocuted by the collar before, but it still hurt enough to send him away to somewhere private.

In a junction, Arachnid stopped running and tried to rip off the collar. Unfortunately, the collar was made out of iron, so he couldn't just break it with his claws.

"Curse this collar!" He snarled. "How will I kill the Mare if she keeps electrocuting me with this infernal device?!"

He looked at a bunch of his spider minions. They were concerned, scared even. They had never seen their king act like this before.

Arachnid's expression softened. "Don't worry, my brethren. You will feast on the Mare soon enough." He turned to a different spider, a jumping spider. "Do you know why she is here?"

It chittered to him in its creepy language.

"So... she wants the plants." Arachnid mused. "I wonder why..."

Another spider, a black widow, chittered something else.

"It could have something to do with the situation outside my cell." Arachnid agreed. "And she might be my only way of finding out what that situation is..."

A funnel-web chittered.

"You're right, of course... the Mare must die for what she has done to my kind." Arachnid sighed. "I suppose that the situation must remain a mystery."

He scuttled away, smelling the Mare. Her scent was mixed with the scent of the plants, so she was easy enough to find.

She was walking as slowly as possible along the bridge. He almost laughed. His smelling ability was just as strong as any other pony. Minimising vibrations would do nothing for her.

He crept under her platform and prepared to impale it and bring it down.

Unfortunately, the Mare noticed and ran before he could run her through.

He growled and impaled the next platform.

And the next.

And the next.

Losing patience, he burst through the platform and tried to grab her.

All this did was give him a few more bolts to add to the growing list.

He screamed and ran off.


Mitta sighed as Arachnid disappeared again.

She stayed on guard as she followed the trail to the spores. Strangely, though, Arachnid seemed to have given up. She had an uneventful journey all the way to the spores.

Right as she got there, though, she saw Arachnid below her.

She ran for it as he impaled the platforms. She stopped, turned and waited for him to appear again.

He didn't, so she got out her line launcher and traversed across to the platform. She cut down the pod and collected the spores into the test tube.

I've collected enough spores. Mitta thought as she looked at the almost full test tube. I need to get back to the Mare-Cave and formulate an antidote.

Mitta pressed a few buttons on a PDA. Immediately, it flashed in a bat symbol.

"Oh, I get it!" Moonbow said over the radio. "You've activated a sonar beacon down there. Clever!"

"Yup." Mitta replied. "It's my only way out of here."

"What about Arachnid?"

"He won't be a problem."

Mitta progressed, looking at the counter, which now showed her how far she was from the exit. She also looked at the spiders every so often, to see whether Arachnid was closing up.

And according to their behaviour, he was.

A big circle appeared in the ceiling of the intersection she was approaching. She got out her thrower and waited for him to appear. When he did, Mitta threw the thrower at his collar.

He quickly moved his right claw to deflect it.

"As much as I hate to say it, Mare-Do-Well," Arachnid snarled. "I'm not here to kill you right now."

Mitta frowned, not convinced. "Why is that?" She asked.

Aligning himself right-side up, Arachnid said. "Simple. You're the only one... brave enough to venture into my cell, and this is the first time in several years where you have done so. You are probably my only informant of the outside world as of now."

"Why don't you send your minions to spy on what's going on?"

"They are not my minions, they are my family." Arachnid said coldly. "Besides, they use chemicals to dispose of spiders wherever they appear. It's grown near impossible to escape, as you've noticed, because I don't know what's happening."

"So if I tell you what's happening, then you'll be able to escape." Mitta figured. "So why would I tell you?"

Something landed on Mitta's back.

She froze.

"Because you want to live." Arachnid chuckled. "A spider bite is not an ideal way to die."

Mitta quickly weighed her options. She had to get make this antidote as soon as possible. She couldn't do that if she was dead. On the other hand, if she told Arachnid what was happening, then he would be able to escape.

This was more important at the moment, though. If Arachnid escaped, she would just have to deal with it.

"Fine." She said. "Dr Atmosphere escaped and took control of the entire island. He's trying to make an army using a variation of Beast's Snarler drug."

Arachnid chuckled. "Ah... Atmosphere. I remember him. I worked with him once."

"As I recall, you tried to have him eaten alive by tarantulas."

"He had no respect towards my brethren." Arachnid said. "Continue."

"Flower Power has also been injected with the drug." Mitta continued. "This antidote will stop him from tearing apart the island."

"I see." Arachnid said. "Well, I can't allow that."

Mitta blinked. "What?"

"There are still spiders living on this island. If Greenlife took control of the place... then they would have no home, would they?"

"So let me go." Mitta said.

"I would much rather kill you right here." Arachnid hissed. "But, as you are the only person capable of making this antidote, I will permit you to leave."

The object that was on Mitta's back crawled off her back, down her hind leg, and then it was gone.

Mitta resisted the urge to sigh in relief. She had to make herself look tough around criminals, or they wouldn't fear her.

"Stay in your cell." Mitta warned. "Or I'll be after you next."

Mitta then turned and left, ignoring the millions of eyes watching her go.

Once she was gone, Arachnid chuckled. "And I'll be waiting."

Author's Note:

I couldn't be stuffed to write another few hundred words describing how Arachnid chased Mitta in several repetitive scenes. So I just made up something better.

Thanks for watching.

Potato.