• Published 27th Mar 2014
  • 423 Views, 6 Comments

The Brave and the Ponies - Stuffwell



This story is based off of a legit dream I had in the summer 2012! How did I end up in DunBroch? What is Twilight and friends doing here? How do we get home? Find out in this MLP and Disney crossover as I too join the cast of Disney and Ponies!

  • ...
4
 6
 423

Chapter 3

Twilight and me stepped out of my parents room, intending to seek out the rest of Twilight's friends and tell them about the current situation.
"Is there anything you wanted us to do?" Shining Armor asked as he poked his head out of my parents room.
"Cast your protection spell, just in case there are certain unwanted outsiders." I said.
I really couldn't think of anyone from Disney's Brave that would ever want a three-story house that was out of place and ahead of it's time in a foreign land like the Highlands of Scotland, except maybe Mor'du who which I would have the most difficult time trying to piece together exactly why a rouge bear like him would ever want a house like this. In any case, it probably was a wise decision on my part. I'm one who prefers to be prepared for something unexpected so I might as well make sure no unwanted, unexpected guests came across my house. Especially if I plan on traveling back home with it.
"So you know ALL about us?" Twilight asked.
"Eh, enough." I responded.
"I'm not quite comfortable not knowing what it is you know about me and my friends, but I guess as long as it helps."
"I guess you could say that I know the important stuff like most of your friendship lessons, letters to Princess Celestia, the enemies you and your friends have defeated, important events…stuff like that, I guess." Really, it would be easier to just show her the already 52 episodes that I've seen. I'll remind you, this was a dream I had in the summer of 2012 when Bronies like me were awaiting the arrival of MLPs third season so I didn’t or wouldn't know of anything that Twilight had been doing if any of it had anything to do with events or episodes after season two.
"Well then you've hardly missed a thing." Twilight said, as we took our last steps down the stairs.
Twilight's horn lit up a purple aura and that same aura outlined the door handle of the front door. Twilight stepped outside with me following her down the the three bricked staircase that lead to the front door of my house. I was used to seeing a u-shaped driveway in front of that bricked staircase, but instead, it was forest with a visible opening a plain and a pinkish aura descended across the perimeter of my house, Shining Armor's protection spell had worked! Guess it was kinda lucky that my self-conciseness had my house hidden.
As I stepped down from the bricked staircase and closed the door, I saw the most beautiful pony I ever saw. Well….I've seen her before in the show, but to see her half-way for real and half-way in a dream was all the more magical! A pony with a coat of light brilliant gamboge, long mane and tail which were a pale, light grayish olive. Her eyes a moderate sap green. Her face had freckles, and wore a cowboy hat. The pony of my dreams was right there in front of me and I was smitten! Bit by the love bug, as they say!
As a Brony, I have seen bits and pieces of every pony in me but sometimes, when your not certain, you take a personality quiz. As it turned out and wouldn't you know it, I was more like Applejack! The only pony who doesn’t ever seem to get the right amount of attention from the fandom. Once I saw that I most definitely was like her, I started to love her even more and now I got the chance to meet her! She seemed to be talking to Twilight but I didn't catch a word she said. I just saw the most wonderful pony of all of Equestria opening her mouth to speak and it seemed as though this dream had gone in slow motion. The only thing I could think about was Applejack! Oh how cute she stood there talking about something I didn’t even care to listen to because I was in the presence of the most beautiful, hard working pony around!
She blinked in slow motion, a cute slow blink, and then those wonderful green eyes were fixated on me! And then, she spoke the cutest thing ever!
"Are you alrigh', Sugarcube?"
Ah, she called me 'Sugarcube'! I nearly melted at that when I felt someone or I should say, somepony bumped me. I woke up from my 'dream within a dream' dream sequence. Twilight had bumped me to get my attention. I should have known better to have admired Applejack's true beauty at a time like this!
"Wha?" Was all I could muster.
"I asked you what the plan was from here." Twilight said.
I closed my eyes and placed my hand to head, as if I were to think about our current situation. Something to do save me from an embarrassing moment of being caught daydreaming about Applejack.
"I was just thinking about that….so sorry I dozed of there…now then. I say we meet the others and tell them what I told you Twilight. From there, I will tell all of you any information regarding this place.", I opened my eyes, "Applejack and I will go find Pinkie and Rainbow Dash." I said, as I thought of the two other ponies I related to the most. "You go find Rarity and Fluttershy. Is Spike here by any chance?"
Twilight gasped "I-I don't know! Why I didn't I ever think of-"
"It's okay, Twilight. I'm sure he'll be fine! If he's here, I should know. I'm not exactly sure how, but surly I'll be able to track him down if he is here. I just want to make sure we have everyone here together as much as possible so that when I find a solution to this mess, everyone and everypony should be able to travel to their rightful place."
"Alert me as soon as you can if you do find him!"
"Of course Twilight, I know how you feel about him."
With that we set upon our separate ways and I was with the pony of my dreams!
"So uh….how are ya feelin'?" Applejack asked.
"I'm fine. Just trying to get ya'll home." I said, as I followed Applejack through the plains and up a hill.
"It was a might bit weird finding someone like you just pasted out like that."
"Wait…..you…found me?"
"Yea. One minute ah'm applebuckin' the far east orchard and then the next, ah'm haulin' all them apples toward the barn. The next thing ah knew, ah find you pasted out in front of a house ah've never seen before! When ah looked up, ah was in a different place, like Twilight had teleported me. Ah come to find though that everypony was there too! We ALL were mindin' our own business and found ourselves here without a single clue as to how we got here or why."
"Well I think I'm at fault here….I'll tell you about it once we've gathered everypony though. I just don't want to tell the same story more than twice!"
"Heh, you migh' have to get ready to tell it again after that cuz you never know if somepony like Pinkie will get it all."
"Ha, true enough!"
It wasn't hard keeping up with Applejack. She maybe the fastest pony of the Mane 6, but I have both her and Rainbow Dash's speed. I'm not certain if I'm the 'fastest human around' but even if there was any way to compare if I was fast, faster or as fast as Applejack, I'm not so certain if I'd win or if there'd be a tie. This was half-way my dream anyway so anymore speed I needed was supplied by my 'dream magic'.
Ahead of us we saw a speedy rainbow flash in the sky.
"Rainbow!" Applejack said.
The blur of rainbows stopped and then we finally saw Rainbow Dash mid-air flapping her wings.
"Hey AJ! What's up? You got that human to wake up?"
"Uh, not exactly. Just come on, we're havin' a team meetin' at that there uh…..big house we all found with this feller." Applejack said, pointing to me then added:
"Have you seen Pinkie?"
"I'm right here, silly filly!" said a non visible Pinkie Pie, as she hopped her way up the hill.
"Oooooo! I see you've made a new friend!" Pinkie added, as she saw us gathered around.
"Pinkie, where HAVE you been? I've been looking all over for you!" Rainbow said.
"My rump was itchin', that means there's a party that needs tending to, so I ran where all the fun was and helped these people PAR-TAY!!"
I remembered there being a festival in Brave. That must have been where Pinkie had gone.
"We need you to follow us back to that big house where we found this person. We're havin' a team meetin'." Applejack said.
"Okey dokey!" Pinkie started hopping back the way Applejack and I came.
"I'll make sure Twilight and the others are on their way." Rainbow Dash said, as she sped ahead of us.
Either way, I was glad to be spending time with my favorite pony and Pinkie! I figured that Applejack just might come to like me after she saw what we have in common! But I told myself that this was no 'date dream' to my dismay. Perhaps someday, though…

Comments ( 1 )

FYI, there's a Brave tag for crossovers now.

Login or register to comment