• Published 10th Sep 2013
  • 8,976 Views, 450 Comments

Solar Child: Burden of the Crown - Bakmah Genesis



Taken place after the events of Solar Child, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Luna, and Celestia find out about the others relationship and trouble ensues.

  • ...
41
 450
 8,976

Chapter Three: Realizations and Second Thoughts

The four alicorns and one Pegasus entered the dining hall, six ponies and one dragon already waiting for them. Shining Armour ran up and wrapped his hooves around his sister the best he could with her size. Twilight bent down slightly to allow the stallion to hug her fully.

"I never understood, are you two actually siblings?" asked Rainbow, taking a seat. She nuzzled Twilight lightly as she sat down next to her.

"Not completely. Shining was my mothers first. Well, Sparkle's first. She had him before her and my mom" She nudged Celestia lightly. "Met. I didn't know until I was six." There was a round of nodding.

"What was it like when you two first met, you never told me." said Spike, lifting up a cup with what liquid she wasn't sure.

"Well, um..." said Shining, scratching the back of his head. Twilight kept a calm and nuterual face.

"He was thrown across the library as I was kidnapped." she lifted a cup of tea to her mouth as silence fell over the room.

"You are awfully at piece with it, darling." commented Rarity, breaking the silence in half.

"I came to terms that hanging onto it wasn't going to change it so I let go. I don't care what happened then, I'm more worried about what happens now." Twilight slipped a hoof into Rainbow's. she smiled and gripped the lavender appendage.

"So how was dealing with our wonderful cousin? I wasn't there to beat his flank out of the castle, sadly." said Trixie, levitating a cup of tea to her mouth. The azure mare was still a unicorn but tomorrow was her and Twilight's birthday, meaning that her seals will break at midnight.

"Pain in the ass like normal." said Twilight, filling her own cup. "I remember when we were kids and he was actually kinda sweet. Wasn't expecting him to turn out to be a complete ass but what could I do."

"Be like me and beat sense into him with the nearest object. Did I ever tell you that I beat him so hard the week before your coronation that he talked with a voice of a little filly and walked with a limp for a week?" said Trixie, smiling proudly at her feat.

"What did he do to piss you off?" asked Rainbow, sitting back in her chair. Trixie paused mid-sip and her smile vanished. She slowly put down the cup and looked off to the side.

"It was the day I had to walk manor to manor inviting nobles. The Sparkle's are awesome, by the way. Anyways, I just finished my message when Bluebitch decided to rant, saying how it should go to somepony more deserving." She bit her lip and looked away. "He finished by saying you should have stayed dead, Twi." There was a collective gasp as Trixie finished. Celestia's eye twitched before she called to her guards.

"Yes, your highness?" asked on of the two that approached her.

"I want you to extend Blueblood's sentence to five years. No visitors unless I allow." The guard nodded and left. Celestia sighed and shook her head. "I swear, if more nobles are like this I'm going to have to personally deal with each of them." she said, rubbing her temples.

"I'm starting to be thankful the Apple Family is accepting." said Rarity, scooting up next to Applejack. The two have been together the last few months. Applejack layed her head on Rarity's shoulder.

"Yes, well, not everypony is as warm hearted as them. Blueblood is a prime example." said Twilight, taking a sip of her tea. "Most nobles are greedy, power hungry, and so full of themselves. Is they think something threatens their postion or their bits, they try to get rid of it or stomp it down. Politics is a cruel place that I was sadly born into."

"Ain't I the lucky one." said Trixie with a smirk.

"I doubt orphanages were any better, Trixie." said Twilight. Trixie shrugged.

"So, what's next for you guys then? Are you going the song route with kissing in a tree, first comes marriage then comes foals?" asked Trixie.

"It was actually kissing under a tree, not in it. And as for what's next, we plan on foals within a little while. Get married and a few months later, foals." said Twilight with a smile. Rarity bit her lip and leaned forward.

"Twilight, dear, aren't you worried about the past repeating?" she asked, general concern in her voice.

"What do you mean 'the past repeating.'?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. She bit her lip again and sighed.

"I mean what if your foals go through the same thing you did? Are you prepared for that?" she asked. Twilight froze and stared at her. She stood and turned around.

"I have something I need to attend to. I will see you around Trixie's coronation." With that, she walked out, tears starting to form in her eyes.

"You know that is an extremely sensitive topic with her." said Trixie, glaring at Rarity.

"I know but we can't pretend that it's not a possibility. It could very well happen and she needs to be ready." backed the alabaster mare. Trixie sighed and shook her head.

"I'll go check on her. Some sisterly bonding time, if you will." said Trixie, she stood and walked up to Celestia. She put a hoof on her shoulder and smiled. "I'm sure she will be fine." With that, she left.

"Great. Now I feel like a bitch." said Rarity, placing her head in her hooves.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Trixie found her sitting in the royal gardens, crying into her hooves. Trixie bit her lip and approached the mare. She paid her no mind as Trixie wrapped a hoof around her waist, brining her into an warm embrace.

Twilight had been there for her when her and Luna came out to be mother and daughter two years ago and now it was her turn to take care of her when she was going through this. She may not legally be her sister yet but she didn't care. They were sisters and she will look after her through every rough spot in their immortal lives.

"I don't want my foals to have the same fate as me." said Twilight in between sobs. "But how can I possible assure that? I can't possibly keep them safe all the time." she said. Trixie stroked her mane and laid her head on hers.

"It will be fine, Twilight. I'm sure that you, Rainbow, and your foals will be fine. If not, then you have your family and friends to help you out." said Trixie. She pulled away and looked her directly in the eyes. "I'll be damned if anypony is going to put you and your children through hell. We are sisters, Twi, and we look out for each other. No matter what the situation." Twilight brought her into a tight embrace, tears rolling down her face.

"Your the best sister ever, you know that?" she asked. Trixie chuckled at the mare.

"Of course. Now since I helped you out you better sleep in the room next to mine tonight. I'll be damned if you're not there to help me through this." said Trixie with a smirk.

"You, Miss Lulamoon, have a deal. Though this will be interesting." said Twilight, putting a hoof to her chin. "My seal was loose when it broke and my friends and a few other ponies came to me and say that they felt a large output in magic. Most just calling it this 'strange tingling feeling throughout their body that filled them with power.' If I could cause that effect with a loose seal, it will be huge when your seal breaks."

"As long as it doesn't kill anypony, fine." said Trixie with a shrug. "Now let's get you inside, missy. I think Rarity will have a mile long apology ready for you when we see her."

"Considering I walked out crying, I wouldn't be surprised." said Twilight, following her soon-to-be-sister-in-law. The two walked side by side into the castle.

Author's Note:

It's back from the dead! (Holy shit! Does that mean its a zombie?!) No. It's just a phrase. (Oh.) Sometimes my own insanity annoys me. Anywhore, see you guys next chapter.