• Published 10th Sep 2013
  • 8,977 Views, 450 Comments

Solar Child: Burden of the Crown - Bakmah Genesis



Taken place after the events of Solar Child, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Luna, and Celestia find out about the others relationship and trouble ensues.

  • ...
41
 450
 8,977

Chapter Sixteen: Oops?

It had been six months after the AC incident and things were once again returning to normal. Well, not really. What's the fun in 'normal'? Nothing. And thus this.

"Chrysalis! Get your ass back here!"

"I said it was an accident." Luna looked up from her copy of Equestria Daily and turned her head to the dining hall doors where she could hear the yelling of her daughter and her marefriend. She looked over at Celestia who just shrugged.

The door bursted open and Chrysalis vaulted over the table, using one of the chairs as a shield. Trixie soon came in after her.

"Why did you do that?!" she yelled, causing the changeling to flinch.

"It was completely accidental and I had no clue I did it till this morning." said the changeling, poking her head out from behind the chair. Trixie huffed and sat down, crossing her hooves.

"I'm sorry, what's going on?" asked Luna, massaging her temple. Trixie looked away for a moment and mumbled something. "I'm sorry, honey, I think I'm going deaf. What was that?"

"I said I'm pregnant!" Swarm, one of the newest monarchs in the castle, slowly backed up into the hall and deemed it better to talk politics with Chrysalis later. The room, however was completely silent. Chrysalis slowly made her way to the kitchen doors, hoping to escape before she received Luna's fury. Oh how close she was.

"You got my daughter PREGNANT?!" yelled the moon princess, holding Chrysalis by the tail in her magic. Chrysalis could feel her blood rush to her head.

"It was an accidental magic discharge. I felt it but I didn't know the spell until this morning." said Chrysalis, shielding herself with her hooves. Luna huffed and dropped her to the ground. "Why do I have a feeling this is going to be a shitty day?"

"Easy. You knocked up the daughter of the Moon Goddess." said Rainbow, smirking.

"Hey Twilight, did you know Rainbow has a stack of porno magazines featuring the hottest mares in Equestria?" said Chrysalis, smirking.

"Leaving!" said Rainbow, trotting to the door. Half way there, she groaned and leaned forward, gripping her stomach. Chrysalis was barely able to hear it over the laughter, but she was able to hear the sound of water hitting ground.

"Um, guys?" They stopped and looked over to Rainbow who was staring at something between her hind legs. She looked up at them with a shocked look.

"My water broke." Twilight is never the one to take things calmly.

"She's not supposed to be here for another week! What do we do? I mean, we need to get her delieverd, but all of my planning is messed up and.."

"Twilight! Calm down." said Celestia, putting a hoof on her shoulder. "There is no reason to pa-" she leaned forward and grunted. A wet feeling trickling down her leg. "Lulu, please tell that's not what I think it is."

"It's not what you think it is?" she said with a sheepish smile. Celestia looked down and saw the wet spot on the floor.

"You just have to come out at the same time, don't you?" asked Celestia, staring at her belly. She took a few deep breaths. "Okay, we need to hurry up and get us to the hospital wing." Another contraction. "Now!"

___________________________________________________________________________________

"This has been an interesting morning. Waking up, pregnancy, and having to sit in the waiting room while two mares have their foals at the exact same time." said Chrysalis as her and Trixie sat in the white washed waiting room of the hospital wing. Swam was busy dealing with political problems in her hive so wasn't able to make it. Chrysalis was thankful for that.

"If we ever have a second foal, you will be having it." said Trixie. Chrysalis sighed.

"I told you it was an accident. But in a sense, this accident is a gift. Though, I must wonder what a pony/changeling hybrid looks like." said Chrysalis, scratched her chin.

"Wasn't there ever a pony/changeling hybrid?" asked Trixie finding it curious.

"Centuries ago." said Chrysalis with a nod. "I just took throne when it was said to have happened. I had a shitload of political bullshit to take care of at the time that I never got to see what it looked like. Back then, changelings were treated as evil spirits from hell. They would go on hunts and burn them. The foal did not live long in a world like that."

"What about now?" asked the azure mare, running her belly. Chrysalis leaned over an kissed her on the forehead.

"They will be fine. Her parents hold high power in Equestria, changelings live in harmony with ponies, hell, other hives are joining together with Equestria. I couldn't ask for a safer world for our foal. A lot has changed in a few centuries." she said, stroking Trixie's mane.

"And that is why I love you." said Trixie, leaning her forehead against the changelings. The moment was perfect until an extremely loud scream tore them apart. It was followed by another, but from a different mare. Two sets of small lungs sang in their disharmony symphony.

They walked into the room that was set up for the two mares. The beds have been pushed closer together to allow them to see the others foal. They walked over to them to catch a glimpse of the new members to the family.

Celestia and Luna's daughter was a dark blue alicorn with dark pink mane, resembling Celestia's mane before Nightmare Moon. The filly squirmed slightly and opened her eyes, revealing to red orbs. The filly squealed happily and clamped her hooves over Celestia's muzzle, eliciting a chuckle from the alabaster alicorn.

"What do you want to name her?" asked Luna, nuzzling her cheek. Celestia thought for a moment. She smiled amd nuzzled the filly's head.

"Bright Night." she said, foregoing putting Solar or Lulamoon at the end such as they did before. Luna hummed in agreement and pecked her on the horn.

Rainbow held twins, much like her and her late brother were. Both were alicorn filly's. One being a darker shade of blue than her mother but sporting the same rainbow mane, the other a white alabaster coat with a light purple mane. The navy blue filly yawned and blinked open her eyes, revealing a bright magenta such as her grandmothers. The alabaster one did the same, revealing baby light green.

"Any names?" asked Twilight. Rainbow smiled.

"We had a Rainbow, a Spectrum, why not a Prism Dash." said the cyan mare, nuzzling the rainbow maned filly with her muzzle. Prism giggled at the soft touch. "You get to name the other one." said Dash, nodding to the alabaster filly that was exploring the room with her eyes, taking in the odd shapes around her.

"Glimmer. Glimmer Sparkle." said the lavender alicorn, nuzzling the alabaster one. Glimmer cooed and nuzzled back against her mothers snout. Chrysalis sighed happily at the sight and leaned her head against Trixie's shoulder. She looked down towards the forming foal in Trixie's stomach.

"You better be that cuddly." she said, poking her off at her marefriend's stomach.

"They were just conceived, Chryssy. I doubt they understand anything let alone able know how they will be like." said Trixie, shaking her head at the changeling.

"It was worth a try. I already know you are cuddly and I know I am." she said, grinning. Trixie giggled and kissed her snout.

"Come on, let's leave them to rest. They need it." said Trixie, guiding her out of the room. Chrysalis took a quick look back at the couples before following Trixie out the door.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Later that evening found Chrysalis sitting on the balcony alone. She stared up at the moon, watching it make its path through the sky. It was calming to watch and was perfect to let herself think.

She thought back to that morning and how the two now mothers seemed to glow as they held their daughters. They had so much care and love for them. It made her doubt if she would ever be like that for her own foal when it came in eleven months.

She was an insect that fed off of love, but was still loved for who she was. She thoughtlessly murdered because she couldn't control her emotions, but was forgiven. She kidnapped a princess, held them prisoner, and almost stole her husband because she was desperate, yet she was able to befriend that same princess.

She received so much but could she return it? Was she able to return the love that this foal would pour into her? Would she be able to protect it and keep it safe? These worries plagued her mind as she watched the moon approach it's zenith.

"You okay, Hun?" Chrysalis turned her head slightly to see a concerned Trixie in the door way. Chrysalis sighed and looked out over the sky once again.

"I don't know, babe." she said. Trixie trotted over and took a seat next up her, wrapping a wing around her. "I know we still got a few months, like, eleven, but I still can't help but worry I won't be a good enough mother. I'm worried I won't be able to love them enough or protect them. I-I'm just scared of messing up."

"And so is every expecting parent." said Trixie, nuzzling her marefriend. "I heard Tia and Rainbow Dash feel the same. It's only natural." She thought for a moment. "And I think I know a way to cheer you up." she said with a grin.

"How?" asked the changeling, curious to Trixie's cure.

"Go to sleep and I will show you sometime tomorrow." Chrysalis nodded before walking back inside, tired. Trixie's horn lit quickly before levitating a quill and paper before her.

"Dear Twilight. I need you to help me pick out an engagement ring..."
_____________________________________________________________________________________

"So, you're really going to pop the question?" asked Twilight, walking next to Trixie as they travelled down the streets of Canterlot, the streets mixed with ponies and a few changelings.

"She believes she won't be able to love our daughter, don't ask me how I know, enough and that she won't be able to protect her." said Trixie, scanning the store windows for a jewelry store. "I think if she loves me and our daughter enough to marry me, than she will be able to love our daughter the way she needs to be. Besides, if she doubts herself, I could always pull out her vows." she said with a smirk. Twilight giggled.

"Seems sound enough. Does Luna know you plan on proposing to her?" asked Twilight.

"She does and she was more than glad. Between you, me, Rainbow, Bright, and soon Chryssy, I can't believe those two are sane." said the azure with a smirk.

"I don't believe there is a single sane pony in our family." The two princesses broke out in laughter. They soon came upon a top class jewelry. Trixie smiled and walked in. She didn't want anything too fancy but she didn't want to go to a regular one and get stared at. Here, they gaped for a few seconds before remembering who they were in front of.

Behind the counter stood a grey unicorn with a blue mane. He was inspecting one of the three diamonds he had on the counter. In Trixie's eyesight, however, he appeared to be surrounded by a blue aura.

"May I see your license for that form?" she asked, causing the stallion to jump at the sudden noise. Changelings, by law, had to have a license for the forms they take unless its official buisness. Guards, local officials, and all monarchs in the castle had a spell that allowed them to tell the difference between a pony and a changeling in pony form.

"Of course, ma'am." said the disguised changeling. He took out his required paper work, letting Trixie look it over. The paper discribed the pony as well as provided a picture. It gave official records, name, talent, and changeling it belonged to.

"Why is it you hide as a jeweler?" asked Twilight as Trixie finished reading.

"Well, changelings scare off customers because who would like to be served by a changeling? They think I would give them some sort of gem to suck away all of their emotion." said the changeling, rolling his eyes. Trixie chuckled.

"To be expected since ponies are still adapting to the edition of changelings. Now, I came her for an engagement ring." said Trixie. The changeling nodded.

"Of course. Stallion or mare?"

"Mare."

"Unicorn, Pegasus, or Earth Pony?"

"Changeling." said Trixie. The jeweler froze.

"A changeling? Changelings have only been living here for a few months and haven't even made it as high as Canterlot Castle except for the one queen who stays there. You don't plan on marrying Queen Swarm, do you?" asked the changeling.

"No. Not my type. No. It's a former queen." said Trixie. The changeling thought for a moment before smiling.

"Well I thought I heard rumors of Chrysalis surviving her banishment. Wouldn't expect her to travel into Canterlot, let alone a princesses heart."

"And her womb." said Twilight with a smirk. Trixie blushed and smacked her sister-in-law in the back of the head.

"What do you...oh." The stallion blushed as well. "Well, um, I see why this is important."

"Yes, that's why I would like to find the perfect ring. And with haste, please. Chrysalis will be suspicious if I'm gone too long." said Trixie, tapping her hoof impatiently.

"Of course. This way, please."
_________________________________________________________________________________________

"So, have a plan on how your going to do it?" asked Twilight, Trixie already have tucked the black and green ring box away.

"I may have thought of something with the assistance of mother." The two walked in silence, searching for a topic. Twilight looked down at the soon to be growing stomach of Trixie.

"What are you hoping for?" she asked, cocking her head.

"For a foal? A filly. We have plenty in our family but they seem, easier and a tad more calm, except when we hit heat then all hell breaks loose." The two shared a giggle. "Though, for some reason, I already think it to be a filly. I just have this feeling that it is."

"Rainbow had that exact same feeling with Prism and Glimmer. I think Celestia had the same with Bright. It's just a mother thing and you may end up being right." said Twilight with a smile.

"And I hope it is. I actually can't wait to see how Chrysalis will take to her when she comes. She looks cute enough when cuddly. I think I might die of a heart attack if she cuddles with a foal, especially her own." The two giggled.

"Here lies Trixie Lulamoon. She died of a Daww related heart attack." teased Twilight.

"And that is probably what's going to happen." said Trixie. She looked up towards the castle and smiled. "Despite the whole AC bullshit, the last three years have been the best years of my life. I found my family, met a beautiful mare, and mow I'm about to propose to her and have her foal within a year. I say it has been a good three."

"The past three years have been good to all of us. Come on, you got a mare to propose to."
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Trixie sat on a blanket positioned under the stars. The clouds were cleared and the moon raised and each star shone to perfection. The things her mother would do for her was amazing. She smiled as she waited for her partner to join her. She hummed as she thought about what was about to take place.

"Sorry I'm late. Swarm had a few things she needed to discuss quick." Chrysalis walked up to her and planted a kiss on her horn. Trixie purred at the feeling and nuzzled up against her. Chrysalis hummed and layed her head on Trixie's.

"You need to give your mother my praise. It's beautiful out tonight." said Chrysalis, scanning the brightly lit sky.

"Yes, she did a beautiful job. Twilight was decent when she controlled the stars before taking over Solarmancy, but no night beats mom's." said Trixie. "Speaking of celestial related magic...." The moon on her regalia flashed slightly as she worked the ancient magic.

Silver bands formed from the moon light and wrapped around each other. Trixie kept her eyes closed as she worked it, weaving the object in her magic. The finished result was a silver flower, still waiting to bloom. There was a small flash as Trixie added her final touch.

"How long have we been together, Chryssy?" asked Trixie, inspecting her work. She twirled it around in her magic to examine its silver petals.

"Six months next week." said Chrysalis, smiling.

"You keep saying that you don't know if you could love our foal enough. Chrysalis, you swore that it would take gods above to separate us. You even murdered a room of ponies when I was injured. I know you will lov our foal more than anything.

"If you still aren't convinced, I do have one more thing to help prove to you." she said, stopping the rose. Chrysalis cocked her head. Trixie stood, Chrysalis followed. Trixie took a deep breath before kneeling.

"Chrysalis, will you marry me?" The silver rose bloomed. Instead of the expected center, there was a ring. The ring was of intersecting azure and green, intertwining each other around the gold embroidered ring. Chrysalis stared in shocked awe, tears pouring down her cheeks.

"Yes," she whispered pulling a smile on her face. "YES!" Chrysalis pounced forward, tackling the mare before her in a kiss. In abcense of magic, the flower closed to protect the ring as it fell to the ground. Chrysalis broke apart and layed her forehead on her partners, still crying.

"I love you." she whispered, imitating Fluttershy's voice. Trixie pecked her on the lips and wrapped her hooves around her waist.

"I love you, too."

Author's Note:

And I have proven that shipfics are my strong suit. Well, good thing Trixie didn't murder Chrysalis. Who would be are funny, sexy, changeling then? (That would be tragic!) Exactly! Well, we might have another wedding next chapter, guys. I might end this story with their foal and a little extra. Then we can move on to the final story of the trilogy. See you all next chapter.