• Published 10th Sep 2013
  • 8,976 Views, 450 Comments

Solar Child: Burden of the Crown - Bakmah Genesis



Taken place after the events of Solar Child, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Luna, and Celestia find out about the others relationship and trouble ensues.

  • ...
41
 450
 8,976

Chapter Seven: Reform

The four goddesses of Equestria and Rainbow sat in the dining hall, Trixie having a good amount of papers I front of her. She sighed and set the wedding papers aside and directed her attention to her plate of food. She sighed as she stared at the crisp daisies.

"You know, when I went to see Chrysalis, I expected a few cuts and bruises, not to life changing injuries that took away her sight." she moaned as she massaged her temples. Luna looked at her concerned.

"You worried?"

"No. If what she says is correct, she should recover in no time. It's just that...who would let her go through that? Who would let her die in such a horrible way?" said Trixie, flailing her hooves in the air. She had plenty of close calls in her time and plenty how completely hated her, but never to the point where she would be left to die.

"I can't exactly give too much pity, sadly to say. We don't know the reason behind her banishment from her hive so we don't know how much she deserves it, if at all." said Celestia, lifting a glass of tea to her lips. "We can only listen to what she says." Trixie nodded slowly.

"Well, I might as well talk to her as well as try to set up a plan with her to help her reform. This is going to be long night." she said as she got up and left. Luna watched her go with a little concern.

"I'm still a little worried." said Luna. Celestia wrapped a wing around her for comfort.

"We all are but this is her choice and she must do it alone. Just have faith."

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Trixie nodded to the guard as she passed through the dungeon gates and made her way down to cell A4. She smiled as she remembered the look of shock and slight bliss after Chrysalis had her 'meal'. While she wanted answers on how she was banished, she also wanted to sate her curiosity on changelings and now was a prime time to do so.

Chrysalis sat up on her bed at the sound of the lock clicking. Now being able to see, she turned to see a azure alicorn as tall as Princess Luna walk in. Her mane and tail a light blue and silver that flowed over her shoulders. Chrysalis found herself staring at the mare, her heart racing a bit. She silently cursed the organ and collected herself,

"Well, let's get my questions out of the way so I can give you your meal for the evening." said Trixie as she sat down on the chair in front of her.

"Miss Lul-"

"Just call me Trixie. I just started this Princess thing a few months ago and I still can't get used to this whole Princess Luluamoon thing." said Trixie with a wave of her hoof. Chrysalis stared at her for a minute.

"Well, um, Miss Trixie, I'm sorry for my earlier behavior and I must thank you for saving my life, earlier today. You have no idea how close to death I was." said Chrysalis. She still had no idea what to think about being so close to a pony in her true form. She always thought of them as food, but this one saved her and willingly kissed her and didn't mind. It started to change her whole logic on the race.

"Well, we are getting there. Just stop calling me 'Miss'. And you are welcome. I couldn't sit her while you starved to death and were completely blind." said Trixie with a genuine smile that sped Chrysalis' heart rate. She yelled at the organ a second time, asking for the meaning behind its behaviour. Sadly, the organ refused to reveal it tactics. "How is your sight, by the way?"

"Oh, um, fine. I can see you, for a change. Hopefully my eyes are back to their normal state." said Chrysalis with a small smile. Her eyes were, in fact, back to their original green color. Trixie found herself staring into her eyes before a holed hoof in front of her face broke her out of her trance. She coughed lightly, blushing.

"They look beautiful. I mean fine! They look just fine!" said Trixie. The two sat there, staring at the floor each with a massive plush on their faces. "Anyways." she said, clearing her throat. "I came her to get some more information on why you were banished as well as some questions on the changeling race. It's rare for one to be seen so you can understand how...non-informed we are of the race.

"Now, why were you banished from your, hive I presume?" she asked, pulling out a notebook and quill from who knows where.

"Well." sh started, staring at the ground and her ears splaying back. "The invasion was a desperate attempt at food. Are stores were destroyed in a cave in, leaving us with a very small emergency supply and we needed to resupply and fast. Equestria was the best option and we were lucky to have the royal wedding so close. That was our target, get as much as we could from it.

"Of course, it didn't go as planned and I had to resource to more...forceful measures. Looking back on it, I should have just asked for help but when you have an entire race begging for food and your own hunger eating at you, you can't seem to think straight.

"After the failure, we came home to barely enough food left. In the outrage and riots, I was blamed for making them go there, using up a decent size of food supply to just get us there. I was overthrown as a result and you can figure out the rest."

"And this all happened two years ago?" asked Trixie. To her amazement, Chrysalis nodded. "You mean, you have been blind, starving, and beaten for TWO YEARS?!" Chrysalis looked away and nodded. Trixie sighed and rubbed her temples.

"I hate that a pony, changeling or not, had to go through this under my nose. If I have known, I could have used my power and saved you but I didn't. Oh well, can't dwell on the past." She sighed and sat up. "Now, about those other questions..." For the next three hours, Chrysalis explained the eating habits of changelings, the hives functions, and oddly enough, their reproduction system.

Changelings did not feed off only love but it was the most filling. After awhile, they could only eat one emotion after having enough of it over a stretch of time. Chrysalis' hive, one of many, fed mostly on love thus making it their primary food source. Chrysalis said it was a chain of events that led to it.

The hive was also an interesting matter. Each had their own job in the hive to keep it going. A elite army, a large gathering team, a decent nursing staff for all newborns and whatever injuries may come, and the royal staff that kept the affairs running smoothly enough. If it wasn't for the gatherers and insect creatures, it might of as well been a small Equestria.

Against whatever rumors were out there, changelings gave birth individually, not via eggs from the queen. They looked like insects but weren't exactly like them in every way. It was possible for cross species birth but the mother, if changeling, had to stay in either changeling or pony form or the foal would die in the womb since it can't adapt to the change in environment.

Trixie chuckled at herself as she realized she looked like Twilight as she drank every bit of information with enthusiasm, a goofy grin on her face as her quill moved at incredible speeds. Chrysalis also seemed to enjoy the company and the freedom of judgement from the mare.

With a final flourish of her quill, Trixie finished off her notes as Chrysalis ended her explanation. She gave a small yawn, start hinge out her wing muscles. She got satisfying pops from both her back and wings, causing her to sigh in relief.

"Well, I think that could settle some fears ponies have of changelings." said Trixie as she looked the notepad over. The three hundred page booklet was filled from every page with information. Trixie was impressed with the feat and smiled.

"Final topic before your evening meal is your reform. Now, for this reform you will be let out of the cell but you will be tethered to a certain point, this point is movable, that won't let you go to far. This point is magical for safety reasons of course. You will still have to keep the ring on and will be monitored by somepony at all times." Chrysalis payed full attention as Trixie explained, not really caring that she was not allowed to do too much.

"You will also be following me around for this period. Helping me where needed and learning how to properly behave in pony life without the use of a disguise." said Trixie. This really got Chrysalis' attention.

"But I'm still hated more than likely! I did take down Celestia and imprison a whole entire castle, I will not be taken kindly." she said, worried about what might happen the moment she is seen.

"That's why you are with me. They will not dare try anything with a Princess around and you will have guards in my absence. I am making sure you are safe your entire reform." She stood and opened the door. "Now follow me. I have to show you to your chambers." Chrysalis hesitantly followed the azure alicorn, still weary of the whole idea.

After awhile they came to a quest room on the third floor in the living wing. The room was large with a alicorn sized bed in the center. It could have been fit for either on of the princesses that lived in the castle. She gave Trixie a questioning look, recieving a warm smile in return.

"You are still royalty in a way. It is not fair for us to be sleeping in rooms such as ours and have you sleep in a bed that barely fits you and a room too common. Though, in all honesty, I would have given the room to anyone." said Trixie. Something about the mare warmed Chrysalis. Maybe it was her kind and warming personality, her want to help anypony no matter the cost, or just her soothing voice, but Chrysalis couldn't help but feel calm when she was around Trixie.

"Another thing, I am right next door. A way for me to keep an eye on you." Chrysalis stared wide eyed at her. It took Trixie a few moments to figure out why she reacted that way. "It's not like I'm going to stare at you in your sleep! It's just so it's harder for you to try anything. Now, I guess I should feed you." Trixie stepped forward. Chrysalis sat on the bed, remembering how she almost fell over last time.

As their lips connected for a second time, Chrysalis could sense something different. There was more passion in it and it almost seemed like the mare enjoyed it. Chrysalis herself enjoyed it, for a few more reasons than just a satisfying meal. Trixie pulled away and bid her good night before leaving, locking the door in her wake.

Chrysalis sat there as she tried to connect dots. There was a wide range of emotions that came from the mare. Passion, joy, a speck of dust, and one more emotion that shocked the former queen. It was somewhat faint, meaning she barely knew of it, but it was there.

Trixie seemed to love her.

Author's Note:

This side plot is forming nicely. (Very well indeed. Now when do they fuck?) I'm not writing a clopfic. (So? You could always write it separate. Just a little bonus.) I can't even write clop. (Practice, my friend.) I'm also 15, almost 16. (Pfft, that doesn't stop teens from watching porn and reading smut. It's not like its illegal to write it. I bet the commentors agree even!) You are insane. (Correction. WE are insane) Oh shut up. Anyways, main plot will begin next chapter. Till then, enjoy this devolving ship. (And possible clop) shut the fuck up!