• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 568 Views, 0 Comments

Comments in the Melody of Love - The Cellist



This is what happens when Vinyl and Octavia add their future son on ponybook. This wasn't supposed to be a story, but we decided to make it into one just for fun. Co-author Anthony Girtman aka Tiviyl Scratch.

  • ...
 0
 568

Chapter 6

I had a movie day today with Vinyl. It was interesting to say the least, but it was quite enjoyable. Octavia quickly typed on her computer.


The two mares lay on the couch passing the day away letting it slip and tic by as they slept in each other’s embrace. The pitter patter of rain against the window did not make them move nor even twitch. Instead it seemed as though the gentle rain on the window panes rocked them even further into a deeper slumber. Octavia's eyes finally slowly opened to the sight of her in Vinyl’s hooves and the white mare’s head resting on her own. Her hooves wrapped around the dj’s neck in a tight loving embrace, she gazed at the clock as she hugged Vinyl. The clock on the wall read 5 o'clock.


"Vinyl and I must have fallen asleep…"


She turned a lovely shade of pink and red as the thought patterned in her head like a filly that had eating too much chocolate. The room was still as cold as the heart of ice and Octavia did not want to leave the warmth of the blanket or her friend’s hooves, but her stomach began to churn. She had realized that they had not only fallen asleep but they had slept through lunch as well. The mare slowly and very regretfully began to slowly creep out from under her friend’s hooves and off of the couch. She finally got up and headed toward the kitchen leaving what seemed like the only warm room in the house. She went to the stove and turned on the oven in the hopes that the ovens output of heat would warm the igloo that she called home, to her delight and surprise it did. Octavia rummaged through the cabinets and pantries to find something. She found a few boxes of instant hay pasta and a jar of diced tomatoes with spices and some salsa.


"It’s not much nor is it what I call a meal but I guess it will have to do," Octavia said to herself setting a pot of water on top of the stove.


She waited for the pot to boil and then added in the noodles to the water.


"Instant noodles? They really are amazing." She thought to herself chuckling, "no matter how high the heat is it never takes less than a half an hour for these things to cook."


Once the noodles had finished cooking, Octavia put them into a blue serving bowl. She then walked back towards Vinyl.


"Wake up Vinyl it's time to eat" she shouted in her friend’s ear.


Vinyl fell onto the floor and then quickly stood up with a salute.


"I'm sorry did I awake you from one of your heroic dreams privet Vinyl," Octavia said with a smile.


Vinyl blushed and then started to speak.


"What's up Tavi, why did you wake me up I was having the best dream."


"Oh what was the dream about?" Octavia said with a slight smile and puzzled.


"Yeah you were there and we were...." Vinyl stopped in the middle of her sentence and looked at Octavia's slightly blushing face.


"Anyway Vinyl we've been asleep most of the day and we need to eat something," she said as she turned and motioned towards the kitchen with a hoof.


"I fixed us up something but I need to run towards the store afterwards."


Vinyl and Octavia headed in the kitchen and began their quick fix of a meal; it light and not quite filling the two mares enjoyed it none the less.


"Vinyl I'm going to have to make a run to the store. We've seemed to have emptied our pantry." Octavia said with a slight hint of annoyance in her tone.


"Ok Tavi, be sure to remember to get plenty of ice cream this time, we always seem to run out quite quickly around here" Vinyl said with a slight chuckle.


Octavia could only role her eyes and laugh.


"You know I don't eat that much ice cream Vinyl."


"Sure Tavi. You know those two empty gallon cartons in the trash don't help your case" Vinyl said as she cleaned up the dishes.


"You know I only eat that when I'm stressed and annoyed by you Vinyl."


"Oh come on Tavi," Vinyl said extending a hoof to Octavia and then pulling her towards her but in a way that made her twirl.


"Do I really stress you out that much?"


"Yes... Yes you do." Octavia said as she wrote stuff down on her shopping list.


"Well I'm sorry, but maybe I like a little meat on my lovers flank."


"What did you just say Vinyl."


“Nothing Tavi," Vinyl said with a smile as a pair of angel wings and a halo popped up above her head.


"Sure Vinyl and you I'm not the only one in this house who eats when their stressed out you know" Octavia said with a playful laugh her eyes falling upon Vinyl’s flank.


"Why my dearest Tavi do you by chance happen to like my fat flank." Vinyl said as she wiggled her flank playfully a bit.


Octavia turned red and her gazed instantly shifted back to her list on the table "Ummmm. No comment Vinyl."


"Tavi likes fat flanks." Vinyl teased poking Tavi's flank a bit.


Octavia slapped Vinyl's hoof off of her flank. "Stop that."


"Stop what Trebleclef" She said poking Octavia again


"Stop poking my flank!" Octavia said as she slapped Vinyl's hoof off of her flank again.


"I'd say you like flanks Vinyl since you can't seem to keep your hands off mine!"


"Well not really but there is somepony’s in particular though that I like." Vinyl said blushing.


"And who’s would that be." Octavia said prodding a bit further.


Vinyl only continued cleaning the dishes. "Take a small…" Vinyl cut herself off not wanting to push Octavia too far.


"Maybe I over did it a bit," thought Tavi as she began to frown a bit, as she continued her list.


"Over did what Tavi?"


"Can you read minds Vinyl," she asked?


"No, Tavi I can just tell by the look on your face you thought you did something wrong… You didn't do anything wrong I was just afraid I pushed you too far


"Vinyl you're a real softy you know that."


"Yeah yeah… I know,” Vinyl said with a small smirk growing on her face.


A voice chimed into Vinyl’s head once again.


"Mom I keep telling you don't push mom to far, please listen to me." Vinyl stopped in her tracks and then began to turn and got back to cleaning.


"Okay Tavi you win I’ll stop."


"Well I'm going to get ready to go to the store do you want to come with."


"No I’ll stay here and clean… Hey don't I get anything before you go?" Vinyl said playfully with a huge smile on her face


Octavia walked up to Vinyl stood in front of the white mare. "Yeah close your eyes."


Vinyl closed her eyes. Her friend grabbed a cup of water that was sitting on the counter and threw it in Vinyl's face.


"What was that for?"


"Shhh close your eyes again."


She closed them again and she kissed Vinyl. Her kiss made Vinyl go numb all over and her mind went blank. As the kiss came to an end Vinyl collapsed onto the floor and blushed furiously.

"Are you alright Vinyl I didn't make you slip with the little prank I pulled did I?"


"I'm fine Tavi."


Octavia uttered a small laugh and then helped Vinyl up.


"I'd better get going… I don't want to be at the market all day"


"Ok Tavi" Vinyl replied still numb from the kiss and soaked from Octavia's little prank. "I'll finish cleaning and dry off while you’re gone" she said with a playful laugh.


Octavia grabbed some bits and then headed for the door.


"Ok Tavi... Remember the ice cream..." she replied with a small grin.


Octavia blushed and head out the door calling out "be back soon" as the door shut behind her.


Vinyl continued to clean up the mess from her lunch with Octavia. Suddenly she heard a voice calling her name but calling out mom in between Vinyl’s. She trotted out of the kitchen and into the living room she saw the computer’s monitor kick on, displaying a worried and fearful image of her unborn son's face.


"Mom...... W-we have a problem..... A big problem....."


The cold fall air was upon her in an instant. She slowly began to slowly trot down the street. "Awe this is such a nice day today maybe I'll ask her to take a walk with me later tonight."


A ways down the street she started to step off the curb of the sidewalk just as a carriage rushed passed almost hitting her.


"Woah that was close. I wonder where and why that person is in such a hurry." She said as she continued toward the store.


The carriage stopped in front of the modest looking house. The door slowly swung open and out stepped an ash grey mare with a charcoal colored mane put up in an elegant manner. Everything about the mare screamed sophistication and high class. She began to walk up to the house. She seemed to be inspecting every little detail of the house. She walked around the entire house.


"It's not quite what I would want her living in, but she made the choice. I shall now make my appearance known to my daughter," the grey mare said with a Trottingham accent.


She walked up to the door and knocked gracefully.


Vinyl’s face turned a paler white from both pure terror and sorrow for her son.

"Tiviyl what happened what's wrong...?"

His face was scratched up and his ears where chipped and bleeding.

"Mom... I think I know what happened between you and mom and who caused it..."

Another voice rang out over the camera in a slight British accent and tone.

"It's only a theory, Tiviyl we have no idea if they both or just he caused it..."

"Still you said it yourself he had all to gain from this"

"I know but still..."

"Still what Doc..?"

She could only watch and stare in utter shock at the screen.

"Tiviyl we still don't truly don't know what happened who did it..."

"I've known that stallion my entire life and he has never liked anything about my mothers or me..."

"Mom please listen to me…," he started but was cut off as the screen began to be overcome with a static.

A small explosion could be seen behind Tiviyl. A small but familiar mare’s voice could be heard right after.

"Uhh... Doctor that didn't sound good..."

"No it didn't Derpy, cut off all unnecessary power usage including communications...”

Tiviyl called out “but I'm not done I need to warn her!"

"It's only a theory it can wait…"

Tiviyl turned back to his mother who was now crying out of worry.

"Don't worry mom I’ll be ok just be careful for right now I love you..."

She looked at the screen muttering through her tears.

"I love you too."

The screen became nothing more than static. Her head fell into her hooves as began to cry out of both worry for her son and fear for what he didn't have time to say. Then she heard a gentle nock on the door.

She wiped her tears away and headed toward the door. She slowly opened the door, when she saw the gray mare standing in front of her she stared at her a bit confused.

"Excuse me miss, but I am I do not know of who you speak. My name is Viola Melody. It's nice to meet you?"

Viola paused for a moment trying to recall the name of the electric blue maned mare in front of her.

"Oh I'm sorry my name is Vinyl Scratch. Sorry for not realizing it sooner ma’am. I'm kinda new with this sophisticated stuff."

"Is there a mare here named Octavia Melody here at the moment?"

"There is an Octavia that lives here, but her last name isn't Melody it is Philharmonica, and she currently isn't here, she went to get some groceries for the both of us. I'm sure she'll be back in a bit though. You're welcome to come in if you'd like to wait for a bit ma'am."

"I wouldn't be a bother would I?"

"Not at all ma'am come on in. Can I get you anything to drink?"

"I'd like some white grape wine please."

"Oh I'm sorry Tavi doesn't like alcohol in the house."

Viola chuckled a bit and whispered to herself, "that's just like her.

"We have water, orange juice or I could make you a fruit smoothie."

"Water is fine."

Octavia trotted into the store. She got a shopping cart and went down her list of items that they needed. She turned the corner to the dairy aisle. Bam!

"Oh I'm sorry miss."

"Oh joy it's you where's your stupid unicorn friend." Said the pink and blue maned mare turned around.

"She's at the house and she's not that stupid."

“Oh that's a bummer I kinda wanted to see her face again after we beat you guys last night."

"You got lucky is all?" Octavia challenged.

"Is that a challenge?"

"It most certainly is."

"Okay Lyra get over here."

"Yes Bon Bon." the mint green unicorn called from the next aisle.

"Let's play Baltimare Sweep." "May I ask what it is that you do in Baltimare Sweep?"

"It's simple really. You have 10 minutes to get as many items in your cart and into the checkout aisle. You can only have five of the same type of items in the cart. Whoever has the highest total wins. Do you understand?”

"Okay I got it."

"On your mark get set go." said Lyra.

"Go Bon Bon go!"

Octavia threw 5 things of ham, diapers, cheese, and quite a few other things into her cart and raced to the checkout line. Bon Bon was already through the line and was waiting on Octavia to finish checking out.

"Bon Bon I know you're going to win just look at all this food you have!"

"I do, don't I. Thank you for cheering me on Lyra." Octavia finally got finished checking out she trotted over to the two awaiting mares.

"Shall we compare our receipts. To see who won this contest."

They both handed Lyra the receipts.

"The winner is Octavia by 3 bits."

"You got lucky this time. Lyra and I will beat you and your stupid unicorn friend next time,” said Bon Bon before walking off with her friend and leaving Octavia standing there looking at her receipt.

"Oh man I spent way too much money and on stuff we don't even need and I can't believe it but I forgot the ice cream."


"What do you do for a living?" asked Viola.

"I'm currently studying modern music theory and I'm a disk jockey on the side to help Octavia pay some of the bills. What about yourself?"

"Oh how nice of you to help Octavia pay the bills. At the current moment I'm the first chair Violinist in the Royal Canterlot Orchestra which preforms exclusively in Canterlot."

"What's it like being in the Royal Canterlot Orchestra?"

"I like it but the only problem is that I usually always have to play every night and so I don't get to see Octavia very much."

Octavia turned the corner to her house and stopped instantly when she saw the carriage.

"What is that doing here?"

She walked up to her house and knocked on the door.

"I hope she didn't let them in. Please Celestia don't let her have met my father and or mother."

Vinyl answered the door.

"Oh hey Tavi I was just talking to your mom."

Viola walked up to Vinyl and hugged her and pretended to be in a drunken state. "Come here you sexy mare you let us have a kiss."

She began to back away a bit and looked at Octavia.

“Vinyl, did you give my mother alcohol!"

“N-no no Tavi I swear I didn't!"

Viola smiled and walked over to her daughter and wrapped a hoof around her.

“I love you dear. I hope I’m not intruding any but your father and I talked about having Christmas over here again this year if that is okay with Vinyl and you."

"Y-yes mother that's f-fine. I enjoy having your company."

“Will her parents be here as well?”

“I doubt it very much mother.”

Viola walked outside and gave one more glace back at the house and softly said “Those two are going to be perfect for each other."

Octavia began to put the food and stuff away and stopped and headed into the living room where Vinyl was.

“Hey Vinyl will you put the rest of the food and stuff away."

"Yeah sure are you feeling alright."

"I've just got some things," she stopped and then continued again. "I'm fine."

End of Chapter 6