• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 1,598 Views, 70 Comments

Confessions Of An Assuming Mare. - overlord-flinx



Confessions are to be told in confidence... Without anyone else being around to hear them. It's a way of getting something off your chest... Too bad confessions make for good comedy.

  • ...
4
 70
 1,598

Intro: Confessions of an Assuming Mare.

To sin is to be normal... To confess to those sins is also normal. We as a species stride towards the dream that everyone will one day understand why we do what we do. Today, tomorrow, maybe it was yesterday for all we know. That's the biggest problem with confessing. Once you confess, you don't feel the need to telling someone you did it; only that your conscious is clear and you won't look back. However, with thoughts like that, it's no wonder that ponies today don't know if we understand the sins we've done. If we only hide once we clear the board, how do we make any ground?

Why... By leaking said confessions out into the public of course. Some would say that's a crime or immoral. But you don't see anypony wagging their hooves at the school councilor when they tell the little colt's parents that he told her he punched little Featherweight in the muzzle after the councilor promised she wouldn't tell, do you? No... No you don't. Or what about a reality television show? Do you see them getting nailed to a cross for putting up private confessions to the live viewing audience? Probably not because we haven't invented the TV yet in Equestria. But if we did, you would most likely see that. Take my word for it.

So, if these two things are allowed to post confessions to other ponies as they see fit, why can't anypony else? Why is it so immoral? I don't see why, and chances are you don't either. Yet, I'm not without sensitivity... These confessions are kept fairly confidential. The ponies that have offered to confess for something have had their names stripped away from any means of the viewing public to know who they are. Also, we've silhouetted them so as not to let anyone notice them. With these things and the magic of technical voice modulating, no pony will enter their confessional with the worry of being found out...

However... I will state one simple stipulation before we release any recorded confessions... If they out themselves, that's their own problem... We have waivers preventing us from any law suits. That all said, I am happy to release to you "Confessions of An Assuming Mare". Trade Mark, whatever year it is you found this. Also, while on the subject of trademarks, I'd also like to put a few preemptive trademarks on the clever names our focus groups made for our confessors' assumed identities. We think they're very clever and have no intention of letting anyone steal them... Unless you have lawyers; in which case, take them. Just don't sue us...