• Published 28th Mar 2012
  • 958 Views, 7 Comments

The Iron Horse - TheMightyEquestrian47



Some ponies don't like what they are born with so they will need additional parts.

  • ...
4
 7
 958

Chapter 7- Transformation

Inside of the factory, the lights flickered and the sound of rustling metal echoed in the distance. The restraints of the merchant's work table shook as Pinkie was undergoing her operation. As the merchant set the mechanical horn atop of her head, wires pierced through her skull and intertwined with Pinkie's brain. The pain that she felt in her head made her remember of the pain she had felt when getting her wings. As she lay there on the table despite what was going on, Pinkie couldn't help but think of all the new things she could do with her new horn.

"It is done, how do you feel?" asked the Merchant as he wiped the sweat and blood from his hooves. Pinkie rose off the table with her head feeling sore, and her body shaking. "I'm feeling kinda dizzy" she replied. The Merchant thought of a way for her to test out her new powers. Out of the corner of his eye, he found a fallen pipe and despite his curiosity of why it had fallen, he decided to use it as practice. "How about you test out your new horn on this pipe over here?" asked the Merchant. "I'll...I'll try" Pinkie responded trying to while trying to regain her balance. She concentrated all of her energy into her forehead and the metallic horn began to spark as if it were malfunctioning but then turned to a bright purple glow. What was once a heavy metal pipe soon lifted off the ground as if there were no gravity. Pinkie was astonished at what she did but a course of pain shot up to head once again, making her drop the pipe with a loud boom. "Alright you can stop for today, you did a great job" replied the Merchant as he helped Pinkie off of the ground. He applied an ice pack against her aching head and sent her home. His plans were starting to come into line and he smiled menacingly, however the sight of Pinkie limping back home made him reminisce about his past as if he were looking at an image of his former self. He then shut the door and returned to his office.

The next morning Pinkie woke with a smile on her face as she gazed at her horn. Eager to try it out more, she ran down the stairs and out the front door. As she exited the bakery, she was quickly stopped by her friend Twilight who had looked as if she had no sleep whatsoever. "Pinkie why did you run off yesterday? I was awake all last night worrying about you!" yelled Twilight in concern. "Its alright Twilight, my buddy Mr Merchant had something new to show me" replied Pinkie trying to make sense of her outburst the previous day. This had only made Twilight more concerned as she looked up at her friend's head where a horn was sticking out. "Now you have a horn as well Pinkie? Why won't you listen to your friends? We know what is good for you!" Twilight cried out in desperation. "Look at yourself, is this you?" After hearing her friend's concern, Pinkie looked upon her body and saw the metallic artificiality that she was starting to become. Her bright and perky mood turned gloomy. "I just want to be special like you girls" sighed Pinkie convinced of her wrong-doings. Twilight was relieved to hear this and hugged her friend. "You'll always be special to us" said Twilight calmly.

Days went by and Pinkie still conducted shows in front of town as the Merchant asked, showing off her aerial and magical abilities. Pinkie's shows were a huge hit among the other ponies. Thus business was booming, and his inventions were selling out fast. To keep up with supply and demand, the Merchant had created many inventions over time. Metal was the new fashion and every pony was joining the new craze. Advertised to extend lives, improve your appearance and grant fantastic new powers drove even the tiniest filly to buy these new gadgets. Not only were the outside of these ponies were changed but their internal organs as well. Thought to be even better than your own body, every pony lined up to get mechanical versions of their body parts. Society had changed despite Twilight's warnings.

A few weeks later, as Pinkie Pie walked through town, the ponies that she once knew were starting to look like cybernetic atrocities. Even her closest friends were subdued by the craze. Only Twilight Sparkle and Spike were unaffected, still looking like themselves. Looking saddened, Pinkie entered Twilight's tree house. "What happened to every pony, Twilight?" asked Pinkie. Twilight glanced out the window speechless, she couldn't believe that every pony turned into these ....things. "Cheer up guys, we're still okay" said Spike trying to cheer up the two. Twilight snapped back to reality and rubbed Spike's head. "Yep, we are." After spending a fun day together, Pinkie left to go home. Something was different that night as she walked home, no pony was in sight and it made Pinkie feel as if she was being shunned for being different. The wind blew cold and it made Pinkie chilly with the missing presence of the scarf she was given by her friends. As she arrived to the bakery, she looked back upon the barren town that used to be full of life and she came across a conclusion, she didn't like being alone. With a tear dripping from her chin, she went inside and closed the door.

The next morning, the leaves were starting to fall off the trees and there was a slight drizzle of rain. After getting ready, Twilight Sparkle and Spike left their house to visit Pinkie. Upon getting to the bakery, they entered to find the bakery was empty. Twilight beginning to get nervous races upstairs. "Pinkie are you here?" The bakery was silent, and upon entering Pinkie's bedroom, she found out the sad truth.

Pinkie was gone...