• Published 28th Mar 2012
  • 958 Views, 7 Comments

The Iron Horse - TheMightyEquestrian47



Some ponies don't like what they are born with so they will need additional parts.

  • ...
4
 7
 958

Chapter 3-Gift Of Flight

Hurrying to get to work, the merchant shoves his hoof into the cart and pulls out the parts one by one. Half of the day was wasted due to his persistent need for organization. He looks outside and sees the sun going down nearly at the horizon. It was getting dark and he still had not started building the wings. The merchant then walks back in and slams the door shut with brute force assuring there were no cracks in the door. Looking at the pile of scrap, he grabs his wrench and says "Lets do this". His hooves moved in a flurry sway of motion. While working on the wings, he started to write a journal of his daily research. Day by day would go by and the wings would become more and more impressive and complex. Due to the flames of his welder, his journal started to show scorch marks and slowly but surely burning the insides of the cover. He continued to work on no sleep and not stopping for a break. By day 3, his body was weak and his hooves were close to numb. Covering up the bruises and burns he had suffered from his work, he had made his hooves good as new. Wiping the sweat from his face, he put the finishing touches on the wings with a shiny coat of polish and writing a number underneath the wings. He held the wings above his face creating a shadow on his face to assure the full span of the wing length. Setting down the wings on the table, he took a large paintbrush and wrote the word "Pinkie" in big pink letters on the top of the right wing. The wings shined a radiant black chrome color from the reflection of the light overhead. Under his hood he produced a large grin, proud of his work and carefully put the wings into a velvet bag.

Outside of Ponyville, Pinkie Pie stood awaiting the mysterious merchant with her wings. Over the hill, Pinkie Pie saw the merchant carrying his bag atop his shoulder. Seeing the bag made Pinkie excited and she started bouncing up and down. "Hello Pinkie! Miss me?" says the Merchant. The only thing she was worried about was her wings. "Well....are they ready?" says Pinkie smiling at him creepily. "Yes they are! I have them right here!" says the merchant while gently tugging out the wings from the sack. Pinkie was amazed at his fine work. Everything about them were perfect, the color, the look and her name wrote in big letters. She squeed in happiness and wanted to put them on. "So Mr Merchant, how do I put them on?" she says as she pulls the wings out of his hooves. "Not so fast Pinkie, I'm the only one who can put them on you." says the merchant as he takes back the wings. "Now I need you to turn around so I can put them on." Pinkie Pie turns around nervously scared but excited about her wings. "This isn't going to hurt is it?" she says as the Merchant carefully puts the short ends of the wings on her back ever so gently. "Oh don't worry, you will only feel a slight pinch" he says as he pokes the wings into her skin. Pinkie Pie yells out a scream of pain while the wires of the wings intertwines with her nerves and Spinal Cord. The wires pierced little holes into her spinal cord and granted her the gift of flight. "You said it would only be a little pinch!" says Pinkie looking at the merchant with a tear dripping down her face. "Oh come on! It wasn't that bad!" he says wiping off the little amount of blood he had on his hooves.

Pinkie Pie concentrated really hard and was able to slowly expand her wings. Pain still coursed through her body so she quickly closed them and fell on the ground. "You'll feel better tomorrow, now go home and rest." says the Merchant pulling her up from the ground and brushing her off. "Ok....well thanks Mr Merchant" says Pinkie slowly limping back to her house under tremendous pain. "And thank you Pinkie" says the Merchant with an evil grin slowly seeing her limp back home.
The Merchant's plan was slowly being pushed into motion.

...If Pinkie Pie only knew what she had just done would cause the fall of Pony kind itself, this tragedy would of never happened...