• Published 28th Mar 2012
  • 958 Views, 7 Comments

The Iron Horse - TheMightyEquestrian47



Some ponies don't like what they are born with so they will need additional parts.

  • ...
4
 7
 958

Chapter 5-Corruption

Soaring away from the merchant's factory, Pinkie flew through the clouds feeling like the happiest pony in the world. The speed of Pinkie's flight left a large vibrant black and pink trail behind her. Carelessly not knowing what was ahead of her she slammed right into Rainbow Dash, tumbling the two ponies into the ground. "Pinkie! Be more careful!" yelled Rainbow Dash picking herself off the ground and massaging her wing. Anger turned into surprise as she noticed Pinkie had wings. "Pinkie that is amazing! You have wings!" Pinkie Pie lifted her self up in a daze as she noticed her friends astonishment. "Yeah you like really like them?" she said with a smile.

Her wings spread far and blocked out the sun making the pink lettering glisten in the sunlight. "I just got them! Custom-made too!" said Pinkie with pride. Rainbow Dash whipped up an idea to see how good Pinkie's new wings were, and she decided to have a race. "How about we have a race, from here to Sugarcube Corner?" The pink pony stared into the sky for a moment and agreed to the challenge. Then the two of them stood side to side, the wind whistled past there faces as they shot out their wings. Stretching their back hooves back, they readied themselves to fly. "Go!" said Rainbow Dash as they pushed off the ground. Trees blew by as the ponies flew at top speed. Nearing Sweet Apple Acres, Rainbow Dash got closer and closer to Pinkie Pie. "You're not going to win that easily Pinkie!" said Rainbow Dash as she zoomed by. "Oh yeah well watch what these wings can do!" yelled Pinkie Pie as she trusted her wings back. Pushing back her wings, Pinkie blasted out like a slingshot leaving a giant wave of wind knocking Rainbow Dash to the grass. The speed of Pinkie Pie knocked off all the apples from the trees of Applejack's Farm. As town drew closer, Pinkie slowed herself down and screeched in the middle of Sugarcube Corner with a wide bright smile on her face. The ponies were in awe as they saw her come down for a landing. "That was amazing!" said Carrot Top. "No that was astounding! said Bon Bon. "Where'd you get those wings?" said the ponies as a crowd flocked around Pinkie Pie. Before soon all of the square was packed with ponies waiting to know of these fantastic wings. "I got my wings from my friend Mr Merchant, he builds stuff! said Pinkie as she showed off to the crowd.

The next day, the streets were bustling, the birds were chirping and Twilight Sparkle went off to visit her friend Pinkie for the day. Walking along the road, she carried a small box on her back. The doors to Mr and Mrs Cake's shop swung open as Twilight came in. "Hey Pinkie, just wanted to stop by give you something" she said cheerfully as Spike took the gift down from her back. "Oh hi Twilight! I just got back from making deliveries" said Pinkie as she gave Mrs Cake the bits for the delivery. "We heard you got wings! Congratulations!" said Twilight Sparkle. "So we decided to make you a gift" said Spike handing Pinkie Pie the silver ribboned box. Pinkie opened the box to find a Purple Scarf with fine pink black stitching. "Wow thanks guys! You're the best friends a pony can have!" says Pinkie Pie as she hugs Twilight and Spike. "We made it for when you're flying, it can get chilly up there" said Twilight. Pinkie put on the scarf and thanked her friend once again. Suddenly there was a noise outside sounding like a bunch of babbling and cheering. The three opened the door to the shop to see the Merchant was standing in the middle of the crowd with a cart full of metal.

"Calm down everypony, you'll all get your turn" said the Merchant. He then pulled out a sign from under the metal saying "Become part of the future, buy wings today!" Twilight stared at the sign then asked her friend "Is this the colt that made you those wings?" Pinkie nodded and said "Yes why?" The Merchant looked up and saw Pinkie from the back of the crowd. "Pinkie Pie my loyal customer come up here!" he said as he made a line through the crowd and brought her to the middle. "You see everypony, this is the wonderful result of my wings" he said as he waved his arm and queued Pinkie to start doing tricks. The crowd gazed at her as she flew through the air doing loopty loops and corkscrews. "This is what you can get if you buy wings from me and experience the future of pony kind" said the Merchant as Pinkie landed down on his platform. The crowd went crazy then assembled a line waiting to get their new promised wings. Pinkie smiled, she was finally special. Meanwhile at the back of the crowd, Twilight and Spike stood looking at their friend. "I got a bad feeling about this Spike" said Twilight Sparkle.