• Published 3rd Sep 2013
  • 365 Views, 9 Comments

Three Little Diamonds - Rarityfanboy351



A story of a man stuck in a rut in his life. Thinking there was nothing better until he finds a small filly

  • ...
1
 9
 365

Heartbreak

It was edging onto 11 years since we moved into our new house leaving behind the old town. I was heading home from a late night shift one evening during the summer. With my work I was now a Captain in the department and was given a take home cruiser which I drove most of the time. As I drove home I had a strange feeling everything Rarity and I had was going to come to an end. An empty feeling in my chest seemed cold compared to the rest of my body. The thought worried me as I turned into the garage pulled in to my spot. I collected myself and headed for the house. I placed my keys and gun belt on the hook by the door. Rarity was lying on the couch watching her usual fashion designer show when she looked at me while I looked around the room. The once lightly brown room was now a shade of blue. Pictures of Rarity and I hung on all the walls and small items Rarity had made were scattered around. I smiled as I looked around.

“Hey dad” She said with a smile. She then noticed me looking around the room “Are you ok?” she asked me curious.

I nodded to her with a smile

“Yes I am just happy to be home.” I said to her hiding the real reason.

The remote had a blue glow around it as she moved it to her to turn up the volume.

“So which one is this?” I asked her sitting down in my recliner.

“They are release the newest summer fashions. Fall is next on the list then winter.” She said excited.

I got a churning in my stomach suddenly as I heard a knock at the door. We both sat in shock. As long as we’ve been here no one has ever come over, we thought everyone had forgotten about this street. I mean we lived on a street that didn’t even have a name.

“Rarity head up to your room while I see who it is” I said calmly to her.

She nodded and headed off for her room. The churning got worse as I reached for the door knob and opened it to see a surprising and yet expected face. Princess Celestia was stand at my door and I instantly knew why. She stood almost as tall as I was, her mane moved gently even though there was no wind outside. My heart dropped once she began to speak.
“Hello sir. I am truly sorry to bother you this evening.” She said with a polite tone.

“It’s no problem. What can I help you with?” I asked her.

“I was curious to if I may enter your home. I have rather important business to discuss with you.” She said in a refined voice.

“Please come in” I said almost regretting it as I stepped out of the way and she walked in.

Behind her followed Twilight and Sweetie Belle. I closed the door once they entered and turned to them

“Would any of you care for a drink?” I asked.

“I’ll have some water!” Sweetie Belle said with her small voice.

“And you?” I asked Celestia and Twilight.

“Nothing for me thank you” Both Twilight and Celestia replied together.

I grabbed a cup of water and handed it to Sweetie Belle.

“Please take a seat” I said and they proceeded to all sit.

Celestia took a second recliner while Sweetie Belle sat on the other couch I had. Twilight was about to sit down on the couch Rarity claimed as her own when I interrupted her with an offer for my chair instead.She looked at me confused but agreed with the chair.

“So what is this important business you needed to speak to me about?” I asked her.

She cleared her throat before speaking

“I would like to first start with my name. I am Princess Celestia, Ruler of Equestria.” She said with a confident voice “I believe you know. We are here to bring her home.” Celestia said calmly.

I felt my heart drop even further than it did before.

"Oh… I see…” I said with sorrow. “Where is she? I wish to see her” Celestia said looking around the room.

She noticed all the pictures with Rarity.

“My you two have done a lot in such a short time. Become very close” She commented.

“Short time? How is 17 years a short time?” I thought to myself. “I’ll go get her. Be right back” I said to her as I walked for the stairs almost dragging my feet as I reached her room. I opened it to find her waiting for me

“Have they left dad?” She asked then saw my face “what’s wrong?” She asked knowing the guests downstairs had something to do with this.

“I need you to come downstairs. There is something of importance we need to handle” I said as a few tears built up in my eyes.

“Ok” She said.

I walked down the stairs first as she followed, each step echoing within my head. Once she got to the bottom Sweetie Belle instantly bolted off the couch and tackled Rarity in a hug

“Sis!! I thought I wouldn't see you again!!” Sweetie Belle shouted with excitement.

However Rarity was the exact opposite. She pushed Sweetie Belle off of her

“Dad who are these strange people. What’s going on here?” Rarity asked panicked.

Everyone stared in shock as Rarity had called me dad.

“Sir do you mind explaining this?” Celestia said with a stern voice.

Rarity glared at Celestia as I stood next to her.

“Please have a seat Rarity. Do you remember what I told you a few years ago? About your past?” I asked her.

She nodded quickly as I looked at them

“Well these are the ponies from there. They come from your home” I told her.

“But this is my home dad. I live here, with you, not in that place you told me about... right?” She asked starting to tear up.

I sighed again as i knelled down next to her

“The thing is where they came from is your real home” I said with a heavy tone in my voice.

Celestia had grown impatient with my lack of a response to her question.

“Sir please explain yourself. Why does she call you father?” She asked in a stern voice again.

“Because he is my father.” Rarity snapped at her.

The ponies looked shocked as Rarity moved closer to me.I turned to Celestia and asked

"How long has it been in your world since she came here?” Celestia stopped for a moment and thought

“Let’s see. I believe it was fourteen days ago. Why do you ask? Hasn’t it only been that long here?” She said confused to my question. I stood shock by the number.

“Only fourteen days?!” I asked out loud. She looked at me even more confused

“Yes that is what I said” she told me. I looked directly at her.

“No it hasn't been just fourteen days, it's been almost 17 years. I found Rarity when she was just a little filly" He replied holding back what frustrations he felt towards Celestia's lack of understanding.

"seventeen years... now it seems to all makes sense to me." She replied with a more sympathetic tone.

The other ponies sat quietly listening in shock by the number.

“Can you tell me something?” I asked Celestia.

“Yes you may.” She asked back.

“How did she end up in my world? What actions lead to this?” I asked.

Celestia looked toward our direction then to Twilight before she spoke

“Well I was not present when it happened but my pupil Twilight Sparkle was. I will let her explain.” Celestia said as Twilight stood up.

“Hello sir. I would firstly like to apologize for this. I am Twilight Sparkle." She said in a proper tone as she stood up

"I was testing out a spell to help her make her dresses and outfits faster as her fashions were becoming more and more popular. I cast the spell on the machines with a thrilling success at first. Unfortunately something went wrong and I caused the machines to short out. The magic I had used and the power of the machines somehow warped the universe causing a portal between our world and yours. There was only one other story in which this had happened. ” Twilight said to me.

I was still a little shocked

“But how do you explain her turning back into a young filly? Or how she did not have her cutiemark?” I asked Twilight.

She looked at me

“I’m not sure but it seems a type of time reversal happens when ponies come into your world.” She finished with before sitting down.

"So now you know as to why my young pony end up here in your orld. I am however regretfully telling you that it is time for her to return to her home." Celestia said as all my fears of this day were coming true

Rarity moved closer to me.

“I don’t want to go…” She said.

Celestia looked at her then to me, knowing I was the only one who could talk to her. Rarity would listen to me. I turned to Rarity and kneelled down.

“Listen I know how hard this is to think of, it’s hard for me to but it has to happen. It’s your home where yo…” I was cut off

“NO! This is my home and this is where I belong. I want to stay here and not go with these strangers! IIsn’t there a way I can stay here with my dad?” Rarity asked Celestia.

“I’m sorry Rarity but there is no way. You cannot survive in this world, you belong with us in Equestria.” Celestia said calmly.

“But I have lasted this long! I…” I lifted my hand to stop her.

As much as I hated the thought I saw her point. Here Rarity was either stuck to the house or had to wear a costume. In her world she would be free to go where she wanted. I turned to Rarity

“She is right Rarity. That is where you belong. I’m not saying this is not your home but that is your true home” I said to her

“But dad!” She started but I cut her off.

“Listen. Me agreeing with her does not mean I don’t love you, that couldn’t be farther from the truth. I love you more than I have ever loved anything in my life. You were a blessing in my life the moment I found you. You saved my life that day and in return I cared for you and taught you to the best of my abilities how to be a proper and well-mannered mare. I gave you ever bit of love I had and made sure you were happy, but now it is a time that you must return to your home. Everyone has to eventually leave the nest and go on their own path. I know its heart breaking but now it’s time for you to be free, to go out on your own and return to your true family” I said as I fought back crying.

Rarity had started to cry aswell as the other ponies. Even Celestia, who as a princess is supposed to maintain a calm and professional demeanor in these situations found herself in tears at the heartbreaking goodbye.

“You had become my daughter over this time. Do you remember the first time you said I love you? That moment was the happiest day of my life, you saved my life and changed me. You took me from a cold, depressed, uncaring man who was at the end of his rope preparing to end his life and turned me into a happy joyful father. Now I want to give you something back.” I said hugging her tightly.

She hugged back as her tears began to soak the shoulder on my shirt. Time seemed to slow down as I didn’t want to let go but I knew I had to. Rarity stood up and looked at Celestia then at me.

“Since my dad thinks it’s the best I will go.” She said wiping away tears. I stood up next to her.

“First let me get something” She said and ran up the stairs before we could say anything.

She came running down the stairs with a note pad and pen in her mouth. She placed the note pad down and using her magic wrote a small note then left it on top of the table.

“You don’t read that until I’m gone” She ordered.

Celestia stood up and turned to Twilight.

“Twilight, do you think you can perform the spell to return us to our home?"” Celestia asked as she tried to collect herself. "Once you do the spell should return her memories and repair this damage.

Twilight nodded as Rarity looked once more at me.

“I will never forget you daddy. I love you.” She said.

I couldn’t hold it in anymore and I began to cry.

“I love you to. I won’t forget you either my little princess.” I said falling to my knees.

Celestia walked over to me and placed her hoof on my shoulder as I buried my face in my hands.

“I am truly sorry for this but I am only looking out for my own” She said to me compassionately to me. “I thank you though. I know this is hard but I am truly grateful you found her. If you hadn’t taken her in I fear she may not have lasted this long in your world. You are a good man, a good father. That is what makes this harder.” She added in with a regretful tone as she turned away

. I looked up to her and then to Rarity once more. Twilight’s eyes and horn began to glow as she walked over to Rarity.\

“I love you daddy!!” She said as Twilight touched her forehead.

Suddenly there was a bright flash which blinded me. I awoke the following morning in my bed

“Was it all a dream? I asked myself dazed by still I rushed out and to Rarity’s room. When I opened the door I was greeted with disappointment. Instead of seeing Rarity’s room I saw a simple storage room. The pink walls, which had posters and drawings all over them, were now a simple grey color and the purple carpet was now a plain tiled floor. All the furniture was gone and only a couple of shelves sat in their place with random junk placed on them. In that moment I suddenly realized it wasn’t a dream at all. I walked down the stairs to see the living room lay empty except for the furniture and me, the walls which were once a shade of blue and covered with pictures of Rarity and I were now the light shade of brown when we had moved in and the pictures were all gone. All her fashion magazines which littered the table were now replaced with a simple TV guide. I walked down the hall towards Rarity’s shop in hopes of seeing it set up still however when I opened the door the shop was completely empty. All the machines and mannequins were now just a few boxes stacked up. I just stared at the room when it hit me that she was really gone. Celestia had wiped out any and all proof that Rarity even existed in this world. I then was baffled to why I still had my memories. Every memory I shared with Rarity was still in my head. I walked out into the living room. I then thought “It was when she put her hoof on me. She must have saved my memories while she wiped out all other proof.

“Why though… why would she let me keep my memories” I said . “She must have known how much I cared for her.” I said I noticed a book sitting on the table by my chair.

It was my old photo album my mom had started. She gave it to me a year before they passed away. She wanted me to take up the hobby of photography as I used to love to take pictures. I sat down and opened the book to its first page. Inside sat 2 pictures. The first was of my mom holding me when I was a new born. My dad stood in the background with his goofy smile he always had on. The other was my 10th birthday. It was simply my mom and dad standing there with me in the middle. I had an awkward face on while the picture was taken which we laughed about for years to come. I began flipping through the pages seeing all the pictures of family trips and gatherings along with pictures of my dad’s new cars all with dates. Then the pictures stopped. There was one picture of my parent’s grave. Then there was nothing. The next 5 pages were blank. I continued to flip through until I saw a yellow piece of paper. It was the note Rarity had written just before she left. I knew the magic writing. It simply read….

"Dear dad, This letter is a reminder that everything that happened was real. The day you found me saved both our lives and I will always be enternally grateful to you. You are, no matter what they might say my true dad and I will always be you daughter no matter what. Please do not stop living your life and I will promise to live my life. Please also take this small gift I left for you. I love you dad.

Your daughter, Rarity"

On the bottom of the note was a small pin with a gem in it that Rarity had made. I placed the pin on my shirt and held the note for a moment. I placed the note back hooking into a spot where a photo would have been. The picture next to it was the first picture I had taken. It was only a day after I found her, she looked baffled by my camera when I took it. She always hated the picture. I smiled a bit through teary eyes as I flipped through the pages. Every picture I had ever taken was now in this book, now the only physical reminder of the 17 years with Rarity. I flipped back to the note again and read it again. I could even almost hear her speaking as if she was reading it to me. I spent hours looking over the photo album remember all the time with her.