• Published 3rd Sep 2013
  • 364 Views, 9 Comments

Three Little Diamonds - Rarityfanboy351



A story of a man stuck in a rut in his life. Thinking there was nothing better until he finds a small filly

  • ...
1
 9
 364

A New Friend



August 3, 2018 was a date which would change me for the rest of my life. My life before that had been one depressing turn after another leaving me to question if I even wanted to continue my life on.

"Another rainy day..." I said grumbling as I walked out of the restaurant I worked at and headed towards my car.

The town I lived in was once known as Creekwater, at one time it had been a active city full of life but now sat as a distant reminder of days gone past. In the past few years the town began to shrink as the factories which supported the town had left for a new up and coming city named Lakeside City leaving the smaller shops and businesses to fail and slowly close one by one.

“Maybe I could go to Lakeside City…” I thought to myself as the wiper streaked across the windshield.

My thoughts were interrupted as I noticed flashing lights in the distance. Up ahead sat one of the towns remaining police cruisers blocking the road. Behind them sat 2 work trucks fixing what seemed to be a downed power line. The officer directed down a side street but didn’t seem to happy to be standing in the rain. At one time I had known all the back roads to this town, I used to ride with my friends all over but now it was all lost memories. I continued down the road looking for anything familiar until I reached the entertainment area of the town. The once family friendly shops were now run down adult shops and bars but even they failed here. Up in the corner was the old family center. I felt a strange urge inside me told me to go there but I had no idea why. I pulled into the parking lot and stopped by the doors.

The building, which once held great events had been red was now a faded pink color or atleast where you could see in between the graffiti. The lettering on the building read “Creekwater Family Center” but many of the letters had fallen off the building. The rain started to pick up a bit making a loud thumping noise as each drop hit followed by the sliding noise of the wipers. I’d often come here with my friends back in my childhood. The center was a large gathering point for the town. People used to come here to watch bowling games and to relax to get out of the stresses of usual life. The town had decided to close the center as less and less people showed up.

"Why am I here? What is my purpose?" I asked myself.

My life had been going downhill ever since my parents died an depression clawed onto me making me think other thoughts, thoughts of ending everything. I reached over to the glove box pulling out my dad's .38 snub nose revolver with one bullet loaded inside.

"I could end it all here where I was most happy with them" I said to myself as I climbed out of my car, leaving it running as the radio softly played. I turned towards the building and began to walk up to the door with the gun in hand.

Inside the building had started to decay. A few of the ceiling tiles and lights had fallen and lay broken on the floor. Most of the machines and games had been removed and sold, what machines had been left were now broken and random graffiti, like the outside walls were all over in the inside walls. I continued in looking around the building. It looked like even the vandals stopped coming here. Eventually I found myself at the bowling alley which only had four lanes. I sighed for a second and took a seat in one of the chairs that wasn’t broken.

"Why can't I just go back... Back to the happy times?" I asked myself looking down at the revolver in my hand.

I checked the gun to make sure it was loaded then placed it to my head. One thought came into my mind, is this how I want to end it though? Frustrated I threw the gun onto one of the old lanes causing a loud thudding sound on the hardwood. However after a yelp echoed through the bowling alley

"What was that?" I asked myself standing up looking toward the lane the gun landed.

A little of the outside light came in through a hole in the ceiling, lighting up a small area on the lane. What I would see would change me forever. Sitting next to where the gun landed was a bunch of newspaper bunched up with a small pony shivering. She looked to be only 1 or 2 years old. Her coat was as white as the fresh fallen snow and her mane was long, dark blue, and curly. I first thought it was a toy or a plushy, but then again why would a toy yelp? Then our eyes connected and I instantly felt a warmth come over me. neither of us were sure what to do, she panicked a little but didn’t try to run and I stared at her in shock. I tried not to move too fast to freak her out anymore. I could see her shivering as the cold air began to seep in from the outside

“Would you like to come with me?” I asked softly to her. Her face and eyes instantly picked up and she happily smiled at me. “You understand me?” I asked stunned.

She nodded as I put out my hands and she climbed into them. Once she was in my hands I gently tucked my jacket over her as she cuddled close to me. There was a strange warmth I felt, not only from the small pony I had tucked next to me but deeper. It had been years since I cared for anything else other then I. After my parents my parents died, I sank into a depression and had become cold to everyone and everything. I usually stayed in my home and away from the rest of the world, contemplating on whether I wanted to go on or not. I didn’t care for the world anymore but once I picked up this small filly I instantly felt a care for something, a motivation to go on. As I reached the door I noticed the rain started coming down harder. I covered the small filly a little more and walked out quickly to my car idling by and opened the door. I gently placed her on the passenger seat before climbing in and gently shut the door. She started to look around the car confused and curious. She had most likely never seen a car before. I looked at her trying to remember where I had seen her before. I thought about it for a few moments until an idea came to mind.

“Nah that can’t be.” I said to myself looking around the interior of the car.

This had once been my dad’s car so little items of my childhood were inside. I shuffled around the old papers and CD cases until I reached the one I was looking for. In my hand was a My Little Pony soundtrack I had made years ago when I was in my pony phase. Inside the case was a small printed picture of the mane six all standing and sure enough the small filly in my backseat was an exact match to the Rarity from the show.

“How is this even possible?” I asked myself looking at her.

Author's Note:

Author’s notes: This was a story my friend wrote which was inspired by My Little Dashie by ROBcakeran53. He decided to write my own version replacing a few things to make it his own. Hope you enjoy this as this is his first attempt to writing a fanfic and to writing stories. Criticism is welcome as long as it's not too hateful.