• Published 29th Jul 2013
  • 3,001 Views, 22 Comments

Dark Magic - newHelm



Spike decides to try and end the war, but first he must protect the Elements of Harmony form King Sombra and the duke of the drakos.

  • ...
6
 22
 3,001

Save Those You Love

Rarity was a little irritated. She had been with the rest of the girls and princess Cadence. They had a nice chat and tea, although Pinkie's indomitable bubbly personality was distracting. She was happy for the distraction, it was the first time in months she had been truly happy to have her bubbly friend. The time they had was meaningless, pointless, and irreplaceable. In short, she had a good time.

Until she found out Spike had ditched her to go drinking with "the guys". The messenger had delivered a note that detailed Shining Armor and his entourage where making quite a mess in the downtown area. All of the living and able soldiers were doing it, just not as rough as they were. They managed to start a bar fight with the Wonderbolts, Rainbow Dash was upset about that, graffiti a monument, and urinated on a general's tent. They had been arrested then released, provided they stayed in their quarters. Spike suggested Hawkeye's quarters because he had a still.

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie laughed as the rest became embarrassed, except Rarity. She had wanted to apologize to a great purple buffoon, and he left to go drink. Hell hath no fury! She smiled pleasantly to her friends and excused herself as Applejack attempted to stop her.

She stood outside of the large tent and looked through the screen siding at all of the male testosterone. They were laughing and drinking the clear poison. Rarity's fury had calmed as she began to simply think he was unwinding, as she had just been with the girls. That is until Hawkeye made a lewd gesture about a mare's headquarters. Indignation flared as she flung the simple wood door open, silencing the chuckling males.

One pony she did not recognize, who had thick, bushy, mustache across his lip, raised his eyes toward Spike. "It seems you're whipped already. Even without the good parts."

Spike glared at him. "Shut up BJ."

Rarity glared at Spike before smiling and politely turning to the rest of the group. "May I borrow Spike for a moment gentlecolts?"

The mustached one, BJ, raised a hoof over his chest. "It was nice knowing you."

Bumble scratched his head as he stumbled around a bit, eyes bloodshot from the alcohol. "You sound like he's about ta die."

"She called us gentle. So she's either blind, never met a gentlecolt, which neither is likely, or being nice as she kills him. I'm married, I know that tone."

Hawkeye slumped down over BJ and gave a sly smile. "Who knows, maybe it's the good kinda death. With a smile on his face and cigarette in his mouth." He stood and paced around the room, slinging a hoof around. "They'll find his bones years later and see his pelvis crushed and go, you lucky bastard. What a way to go."

A roar of laughter around the room exploded. Shining Armor decided to add his two bits. "I'm guessing that's how you want to go Hawk. I'm not too sure Spike knows what to do, he still does owe me a bachelor party."

Another bout of laughter. Spike glared at the offender. "You do know that I had to explain that process to your sister right? I just didn't know what a bachelor was, after all I'm usually surrounded by girls, not ugly guys like you lot."

Everypony laughed except Shining Armor, who glared at Spike. "So you're the reason she was asking all those questions. "

"Nope, just her curiosity. She did walk around with a hilarious look of shock on her face when Cadence told her."

They were interrupted Rarity clearing her throat. "Spike, it is dreadfully impolite to keep a lady waiting. Especially with such crude conversation."

Spike lowered his head and spoke weakly. "Yes ma'am."

There was some laughter till Rarity turned towards the group. "I will be sure that your sisters know of the chosen topic, Macintosh Apple, Shining Armor. Your wife will especially find it interesting Shining Armor." With a flip of her hair, she followed Spike out of the door.

Hawkeye turned to Big Macintosh. "She's a firecracker."

He smiled as puffed a cigarette. "Eeyep."

Rarity glared at the now meek drakos. "I said I had something to tell you and you said you were busy. Was your urinating on a general's tent more important than an important message from a friend?"

Spike shuffled his claws in the dirt. "No. I did have something to do, but after I was done, I ran into Hawkeye and he invited me out to drink with the guys. I need to tell you something also, but I figured a little good time could help me get the courage. I'm sorry I didn't come straight to you. I understand if you're mad."

She lost her glare but still looked on with disapproval. "I am mad. With good reason. Now what I had to say is ineffectual. Now what did you want to tell me?"

Spike lowered his head, the stumps where his antlers were stared at her. "It's inappropriate at the moment."

Rarity lifted his head with a hoof and spoke with a huff. "Spike!" She ran her hoof over his antler stubs. "Why would you chop off a your antlers?"

He turned his head away. "Because they represent the darker side of me."

Her hoof turned him back facing her. "And?"

"And I know I'm a monster, the rest of the world doesn't need to know too." His voice was quiet, barely a whisper.

"We have been over this. You are not a monster, just like everypony else you have the capacity to become one though." Her other hoof raised and she placed them both on the side of his face. She stared gently and deeply in to his emerald eyes. "I wanted to tell you, that my emotions are conflicted." She turned her head away for a moment before facing him again. "But I believe that I am falling for you. You are one of the best friends I have ever known, with the kind and gentle heart of a hero. If ever I needed you, you came. No monster would show such kindness."

Spike looked up into her eyes and lowered his head further. "Only because I cared for you."

She raised his head and leaned her forehead on his. "Caring can turn the monstrous creatures into gentle beasts. You care for me and our friends, let that be your proof. Promise me you won't ever do that again."

He nodded slowly. "Fine, you win." He raised his head and stood claws together. A claw to his chest and head cocked to the side. He had an attempted cocky smile that just looked adorable and goofy. "So my wily charm has finally caught you. How's it feel to fall for the most rugged, handsome being in all the lands?"

She giggled and swatted at him. "I would assume the same as falling for such a beautiful mare."

His smile grew even more goofy. "The most beautiful."

She smiled gently before looking seriously at him. "Now I want you to know, I am not in love with you per say, just that I might be. My emotions and thoughts are conflicted. I am willing to find out though."

He smiled sweetly. "So am I. Ya know, I was going to say something similar."

A coy grin appeared on her face. "Oh, and how does it differ?"

He placed a claw under her chin, and lowered his mouth to her ear, whispering. "I know that I'm in love with you, and that I was hoping to earn your affection as well." He placed a gentle kiss just below her ear.

She looked away and pawed at the ground with a hoof. "Well I must say, you are off to a wonderful start."

He puffed his chest out and grinned. "Well I am wonderful."

She could not help but grin as she turned to walk away. "And quite egotistical."

"But true."

She smiled she began to leave. "Go join your friends in your celebration. You have earned it. I will see you in the morning dear."

He waved as he went back into the tent. She smiled to herself, the future looked bright for the two of them. She put a hoof to her chest and closed her eyes. The future was bright for them in more ways than one.