• Published 20th Feb 2012
  • 1,467 Views, 27 Comments

Dreams and Consequences - Kro Dragon



You find your world torn apart from underneath you. Would you fight for it? Or would you watch it burn?

  • ...
0
 27
 1,467

Daydreams

Twilight Sparkle and her five friends had quickly stocked up on food and made their way outside of Canterlot. Ethal Co had followed them up to the point of the gate and stopped himself. “Uh…” he said coolly.

“What is it, Hets?” Twilight asked. “Do you want to come with us?”

Ethal looked down and away at the ground. “I… I don’t know…”

“Honestly, I wouldn’t want you to come with us without knowing what we’re doing.” Twilight Sparkle placed a hoof on his shoulder. “Maybe you should just stay back…”

“But—“

“Maybe someday… if we live… We’ll come back and tell you.”

Ethal gently removed Twilight’s hoof from his shoulder. “Don’t say that! You can do it! I just know you can.” Ethal once again looked at the ground “Do you… really have to do this?”

The purple mare smiled at the yellow stallion and hugged him tight making him blush.

Ethal hugged back just as tight. “You’re brave Twilight Sparkle, you and your friends are doing what I couldn’t do in a million years…”

“Just wish us luck, alright?” Twilight smiled sheepishly at the yellow stallion, making the already flushed unicorn blush even brighter.

“You know it…” Ethal smiled, waving as Twilight Sparkle and her friends slowly started making their way further and further away from Canterlot.

Ethal sat there and stared in the general direction Twilight and her friends went until they became small dots in the horizon. Ethal was still holding onto the book with the tablet on it, staring at it with mixed emotions of rage and sadness. He didn’t want his new friends to be killed, especially not on something like THIS. Yet, what could he do? Ethal was a low-down nobody who couldn’t keep enough self-motivation to walk ten hooves away from Canterlot. If he couldn’t save himself, what makes him think he’ll save his new friends?

Ethal kept sitting at that spot even after the dots of his friends became nothing. His long thinking had kept him there for an extra five minutes or so wondering of the possible outcomes of Twilight Sparkle and her friends. Ethal wasn’t very optimistic himself, he’d rather try making others optimistic so he could count on them for helping him in his time of need. Yet he thought of how nice it might’ve been if they didn’t have to go on this quest. Rarity would probably make the Library a lot tidier than usual. Pinkie Pie would totally throw countless of parties with more giant sized cakes. Applejack… more than likely wouldn’t like living in a library, she was more of an outside pony. Ethal hadn’t really known Rainbow Dash other than what her friends talked about, so she was iffy to judge her just yet. Fluttershy was so startled and afraid that it made her and Ethal practically twins, but at least Fluttershy could leave her house from Ponyville all the way to Canterlot.

Lastly, Ethal’s now unoccupied mind resided on Twilight Sparkle. She was a librarian much like he was, and loved reading as much as he did. If anything, Ethal adored Twilight’s attention and communication that he had with her than with any other pony beforehand. It was an odd bond he couldn’t put into words. Either it was just too confusing, or he couldn’t find the right word for it.

“Twilight Sparkle.” He said to the wind blowing gently in his face, making his mane sway back a bit. “Please come back safe…”

---

On the road, there was various amounts of giggling and laughing from the group.

“C’mon guys!” Twilight blushed from the front. “It’s nothing like that…”

“Aw sugarcube! It’s written ALL OVER YOUR FACE!” Applejack laughed. “Ya’ll like that little bookworm, don’tchya?”

It was nice to hear some laughter within the ranks after what Ethal had told them all. Twilight just kept the fire going, for better or worse, she couldn’t tell, she just loved seeing them all smile. “I dunno…” she said shyly. “I’m real grateful for what he’s done for us…”

“Despite taking the rock…” Rarity interrupted. “Wasn’t very gentlecolt like of him STEALING things.”

“Can we… try not bring up the tablet right now?” Fluttershy pleaded from the back. “I mean…--“

“I agree with Fluttershy…” Twilight said. “I’m enjoying the moments we’re having now.”

“Yeah” Applejack nodded. “Les’ jus’ stick with other things fer’ now. We’ll cross that bridge when we come ta’ it.”

Twilight remained in front looking forward ahead of the still rising sun. Without Rainbow Dash caused Twilight to wonder if she just went home. ‘Element of Loyalty my right flank…’ she thought to herself. She still didn’t doubt what Applejack told her about them never leaving their side. Maybe Rainbow Dash was going to get something useful? Or worse… maybe she passed out somewhere… The thoughts soon started to worry her when her mind suddenly became free of thought and focused on a certain yellow stallion.

“Ethal?” her mind had seemed to start playing with her, but she allowed it in curiosity.

“Twilight?” the imaginary Ethal said. “What’s going on?”

“Ethal.. Hets, I’ve been thinking…” Twilight said

“…About what…?” The imaginary Ethal Twilight had made up had somehow fit Ethal’s personality perfectly, despite them only knowing each other for about three or four days.

Even in Twilight’s mind, she found it hard to make her mind speak out. Twilight felt her face actually burn up slowly from blushing. “I… I…”

Ethal walked up to the purple mare and placed both hooves on her shoulders. “Twilight…”

“Twilight? Twiiiiliiiiiiiiiight!” Pinkie Pie nudged the blushing mare back to her senses. Quickly realizing she was day dreaming and hiding her face under her hair.

“Oh, Hi Pinkie Pie.” Twilight said embarrassed.

Pinkie Pie giggled. “You’re goin’ crazy, Twilight! Maybe we should rest soon? I’ll throw a rest party! Woohooo!”

“Ah think the point’a restin’ is to actually, ya’know, rest, Pinkie Pie?” Applejack laughed.

Everypony started laughing as well, Twilight was also laughing, but with her mind still on her thoughts on Ethal.

‘What am I going to do…?’

---

“Good, she’s finally awake…” Rainbow Dash stirred a bit slowly opening her eyes and quickly shutting them. It was too bright.

“Oh thank goodness!” a female voice said. “Hey Rainbow Dash! Rainbow Dash, can you hear me?”

The cyan mare moaned. “Ugh… what happened… where am I? And why do I feel like I drank out of Big Macintosh’s hidden cider stash again…?”

“You fell nearly 10 stories. You tell me.” The male voice said.

Rainbow Dash got up, gently rubbed her eyes with her hooves and opened them to two pegasus ponies. “What the hay… who’re you?” the cyan mare jumped back flinging her wings open, a sudden sharp pain sprang within her wings and they quickly retracted to the sides of her body. “Ow! Seriously, what the he—“

“Easy there.” The smaller female pegasus said. She was pretty small, if Rainbow didn’t know better, the pegasus could’ve been just entering her teen years. Her mane a soft blue and was matted and curled towards the ends, her coat was a light grey color. “Your fall kind’a… broke your wings…”

Rainbow Dash felt sick to her stomach, her wings broken AGAIN? At least last time it was only one, but now it’s both of them? She attempted to reopen them once more, only to wince and the sharp pain that they gave out. It felt as if a blade had cut right through them. “This bites! Seriously!” The annoyed mare said, looking around. “Where the hay am I anyway? Who’re you two?”

“I’m sure you have plenty of questions for us…” the male pegasus said. He looked strikingly familiar to the cyan mare. For a stallion with a dark blue and a deep purple mane, she could’ve sworn she knew him. Maybe they went to school together? Not like Rainbow Dash remembered her school years…

“Can I at least get a name or two? And how do you know mine?” Rainbow Dash asked. She normally would’ve speed off away from the two, but with a set of broken wings, she’d reconsidered her choices. She didn’t even know where she was anyway.

“I don’t—“

“Sure!” the spunky light-grey pegasus said happily. “My name’s Cloud Whisper! But you can just call me Cloey.” She smiled brightly, almost beaming. Instantly the cyan mare thought of a certain pink pony.

“And what about you?” Rainbow Dash looked at the dark blue stallion. “Unless your parents didn’t name you.”

Sighing, the pegasus stallion sat down from his spot. “My name’s Midnight Sonata—“

“I call’em Middy!”

“C-Cloey!”

“Middy?!” Rainbow Dash laughed “Oh man, that is PRICELESS!”

Midnight eyed the ground, blushing from embarrassment

“Oh don’t worry about it, Middy!” Cloud Whisper teased the pegasus stallion. “Master calls you Middy too!”

“Master?” Rainbow Dash tilted her head slightly. “Oh right, what do you guys want from me anyway? I kind of remember being dragged. Honestly, I didn’t like it.” Rainbow Dash was rather calm for herself, it even surprised her.

“Cloey…” Midnight said rather annoyed at Cloud Whisper, Rainbow Dash figured she said too much out loud.

“Oh! Uh... hehe…” Cloud chuckled nervously. “Uhm… our Master wants to meet you…”

“Meet me? How does she even know me?” the cyan mare asked once more. Today must’ve been a new record on how many times she’s been confused.

Midnight shrugged “She just asked us to find you and meet you. We knew you and your friends were heading to Canterlot—“

“How do you know that?!” Now Rainbow Dash was on the defense.

“Calm down, we know you’re looking for the tablets.”

Rainbow Dash slowly calmed down, remembering the vision all too clearly. “So what, are you going to help me?”

“You could say that!” Cloud smiled. “We’re more like… third wheels…”

“Third wheels, huh? Well whatever, I’d guess we need all the help we can get.”

“But first, you have to meet our Master!” Cloud smiled brightly.

“Why is it so important that I meet her?” Rainbow Dash shrugged. “If anything, I have to find my friends first and let them know I’m still alive.”

“What, they think you’re dead?”

“I’ve been gone for almost a whole day away from them, It’d only make sense they’d think I fled the scene.”

“It’s not like it matters now.” Midnight said. “We’re FAR from Canterlot.”

“What?!” a surprised Rainbow Dash said. “How far?!”

“A few miles…”

“A FEW MILES?! Ugh, this is so… so…” Rainbow Dash held her head with her hooves frustrated. “And this is both of your faults! I wouldn’t even be here if I didn’t sleep on that cloud!”

“So then how is it OUR fault, if YOU made a mistake?” Midnight Sonata smirked at the cyan pegasus. Rainbow Dash snarled at him.

“You pretentious little son of a—“

“Wait a minute you two!” Cloud Whisper ran in-between both Rainbow Dash and Midnight Sonata. “Middy! It IS our fault for taking her. After all, we DID kidnap her!”

Midnight looked shocked at the light-grey pegasus and closed his mouth, unable to think of anything to say.

“Ha!” Rainbow Dash smiled.

“But Rainbow Dash!” Cloud started. “You won’t receive any help if you decide to leave right now, would you?”

“What makes ya’ think I need ANYPONIES help?” Rainbow Dash puffed out her chest and smiled proudly, giving off a bit of swagger, which Midnight didn’t receive too well at.

“Gee, I don’t know!” the dark blue pegasus teased. “It’s not like you had five of your friends JOIN you! Oh Celestia no!” Midnight smirked once more at Rainbow Dash.

The cyan pegasus charged at the pegasus stallion, knocking Cloud Whisper out of the way. Each of them butted heads and glaring one another in the eyes. “You think you’re so tough, huh kid?!” Rainbow Dash shouted defiantly. “I ‘ought’a show ya’ what happens to ponies who try to mess with me!”

“Heh, I’d love to see you try!” Midnight Sonata taunted. “I bet you couldn’t even buck fruit from a tree!”

“I’ll have you know I’ve bucked PLENTY of fruit, and not just the edible kind!” Rainbow Dash smiled at the dark blue stallion.

“Not the edible kind?” Midnight backed off a bit. “What fruit isan’t edible?”

Rainbow Dash raised an eyebrow, “For a MALE Stallion, you’re not too smart with your terms, are ya’?”

Midnight Sonata sat and pondered for awhile, scratching his chin with a hoof. “What other fruit is the—“ the stallions eyes quickly dilated with realization at what the mare in front of him meant. “O-Oh…”

The cyan mare chuckled. “But whatever… It’s not like I’m going anywhere with these broken things…” she motioned to her wings then shrugged. “Just take me to your leader or whatever…”

Cloud Whisper clapped her hooves happily. “Yay! Let’s go! These woods are freakin’ me out and it’s already getting dark!”

Midnight just sighed. He was actually hoping for a fight.

---

Twilight Sparkle was looking at her map closely; they had made it to one of the shrines. Upon closer examination, they realized that this shrine was the closest towards Canterlot. Neither Fluttershy, Rarity of herself felt any different, yet the tablet pulled closer and closer towards this area. This HAD to be the right place for one of the rocks.

With night already setting, the girls had already started setting up camp in front of the entrance to what seemed to lead into a dungeon, most likely the entrance to the shrine. Already three tents were set up. One pretty basic, which Applejack and Twilight agreed to share. One a bit overly pruned and crafted, which Rarity agreed on using alone. And one with balloons attached, which Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy decided to use for the night.

“This’ll be so much fun! It’ll be like camping!” Pinkie Pie smiled her largest smiled possible already bouncing in happiness and joy. “Actually, it IS like camping! Oh this is SO AWESOME! I only wish Dashie was here!”

“Celestia knows where that pony went.” Applejack started, already setting up a small campfire in-between the three tents. “She could be back’n Ponyville all we know! That lazy good’fer nothin’!”

“I just hope she’s okay…” Fluttershy whispered. “I’d like to know that she’s safe in Ponyville rather than her being lost or hurt somewhere else…”

“Yeah, I know…” Applejack muttered gently. “Still, she could’a at the VERY least told us something.”

“I’m sure she’s fine!” Pinkie Pie smiled. “Dashie’s too fast for anypony to keep up anyway! I bet she’s in Canterlot right now trying to find us! Hmm…” the party pony thought, “Maybe we should set up signal flares?”

“Signal flares?” Twilight tilted her head at the pink pony. “I doubt we’ll need to do so…”

“Still wouldn’t hurt!” Pinkie Pie smiled. “Besides, they make good makeshift fireworks!”

“Makeshift fireworks?! Wha?!” Twilight just held her head with a hoof. “Pinkie Pie, you’re so random sometimes!”

“Yup!” the pink pony smiled happily. Twilight smiled as well, happy that everything was once again at a cheerful mood. No more dark and mysterious thoughts filled the mind of the five ponies at camp. Slowly the moons vibrant glow and the stars everlasting light filled the velvet blue night sky, and with this all being under the deep green leaves of the trees, it felt very scenic to the normally unadventurous unicorn.

“—Poor guy didn’t know what hit’em!” While Twilight was busy enjoying her scenery, the other ponies were laughing with Applejack, who had apparently told a story of some sort. “Apple Bloom’s got spunk, but she’s so crazy sometimes! Apple Bloom’s a little hassle, but ah’ couldn’t live without’er.”

“I know exactly what you mean. “ Rarity smiled. “Sweetie Belle’s such a little darling, but she can be so… reckless… as it t’were. Yet I couldn’t live without having her, she brings joy into my days.” The white unicorn looked up at the brilliant sky overhead. “I just hope she’s doing alright…”

“Ah’m sure they’re safe with them three, they never leave each other’s sides for nothin’!” Applejack grinned. “Ya’ll can be sure they’re doin’ dandy.”

“Hopefully they won’t venture into the Everfree Forest again…” Fluttershy whispered.

“I’m sure if they do, Zecora’ll be like ‘Hello, little filles! What’re you doing?’” Pinkie Pie mocked. “’Can’t you see that I’m busy brewing?’”

Once more, all the ponies laughed, even Twilight cracked a grin. It just felt so right for the purple mare. Her mind seemed free and of little thought. It wondered and dreamed of a peaceful world again, back in Ponyville with Spike and her friends. Even maybe with Ethal and—

Twilight shook her head. Ethal slowly took over her mind once more, and she did little to fight against her mind freely thinking. Ethal had been the main subject it seemed ever since she left Canterlot. It was right after she hugged him, she felt… something… she couldn’t tell what then, but now she knew. She knew all too well that these mixed feelings of missing and longing again crept into her mind.

The purple mare shook her head once more, reached into her saddle bag and picked out the book she was currently reading. ‘Maybe this’ll get my mind off of hi—Oh what?’ Upon closer inspection, Twilight noticed that the bookmark was no longer intact with the book itself. ‘It must’ve fallen out…’ she thought to herself. ‘Shoot…’

When Twilight opened the book in attempts to remember her page, the felt-like black bag fell out of the book with a note tapped onto it. Twilight blinked at it suddenly, she didn’t expect that, and she even thinks that the bag was in the page that was lost. ‘How convenient…’ she smiled and reached for the bag and the piece of paper held onto it. Twilight smiled brightly, it was from Ethal:

“Twilight Sparkle,

I’m not very good with goodbye letters, so bare with me a bit. Heh, uh… I hope you come back safely… that’s to say you and your friends! Yeah, not just you. I mean you too but! Ugh, I dunno. I just want you and your friends to come back in one piece, safe and sound… Also, uh, thank you for the library. According to your friends, it use to belong to you, but you say it didn’t, but I digress. I love the many selections of books and stuff to read. It helps keep my mind off of the real world. So that’s why I’m thanking you! Cuz you kept it so well organized and up-to-date and I like it a lot! Actually I love it a lot more but you know!

Also, this book you’re reading? I’ve read it already, not going to spoil anything, but just to let you know that I loved it to bits. I’m sure you will to.

Come back safe… I don’t want to lose new friends after just making them…

Ethal “Hets” Co”

Twilight smiled at the scrawl that Ethal wrote for her. Yet now she was certain he was stuck in her mind for the moment.

“Twilight Sparkle…” her mind wondered again to what seemed like a vast emptiness. Only two things existed in this state of her mind: The yellow unicorn stallion known as Ethal Co. and the purple unicorn mare known as Twilight Sparkle.

“Y-Yes, Ethal?” Twilight hesitated looking up at the imaginary Ethal Co.

“TWILIGHT SPARKLE!” Pinkie Pie awoke Twilight from her senses again. “HELLOOOO?!”

Twilight jumped at the booming voice and fell back a bit. “Agh! Pinkie Pie!”

“Whoops! I’m sorry Twilight!” Pinkie Pie and the rest of the ponies laughed. “You just looked so empty minded! You’re face even turned as red as a beat! What’s on your mind?”

“Ah’ bet she’s thinkin’ about that unicorn from Canterlot!” Applejack smirked.

“I-I was not!” Twilight stood up, defending herself. “I was… I was uh…” the purple mare looked around in desperation and quickly picked up her book. “I was reading! Yeah… reading!”

“Whatever ya’ say, Sugarcube.” Applejack laughed. “Could’a fooled me!”

“Now Applejack,” Rarity started. “It’s not polite to make fun of dear Twilight here just because she found herself an interesting coltfriend—“

“He’s—He’s not my coltfriend!” Twilight once again defended herself. “He’s just a friend, our friend!”

“Yeah girls! C’mon!” Pinkie Pie bounced happily. “Hets’ a nice pony! What makes you think he doesn’t have a marefriend of his own?”

Twilight’s eyes shrunk a bit at the thought of Ethal already having a pony in his life. She shook her head violently. ‘What are you thinking, Twilight? C’mon, get him out of your head! You’re better than this!’

“Uhm…” Fluttershy interrupted. “Girls… not to be rude, but… I’m getting quite tired…”

“Yes, I think we should all get some sleep…” Rarity nodded. “You know how I am about sleeping! I could only wish we brought a proper bed and sheets. I never liked sleeping on the ground! What if dirt or mud or BUGS get in my mane?!”

“Calm yer horn, Rarity.” The orange earth pony sighed. “These tents’r built like steel! If rain nor hail to break through it, I doubt some insects’ll burst through.”

“Hmph… Well I’ll take you at your word, Applejack.” With that, Rarity retreated into her tent. “Goodnight everypony, pleasant dreams!”

“Night Rarity.”Applejack slowly dimmed the fire, enough to still see. “That’ll kick back up if we don’t hit the hay soon.” She said. “C’mon girls, let’s call it a night.”

“Okie-doki-loki!” Pinkie Pie bounced into her and Fluttershy’s tent. Fluttershy followed. “G’night everypony!” Pinkie Pie said from the tent.

“Night Pinkie, Night Fluttershy!” Applejack said receding into her and Twilight’s tent. “Ya’ll commin’, Twi?”

Twilight sighed and picked up her belongings, replaced a new bookmark into her book where the page sat at and gently went into her tent. Despite how small the tent looked, it felt pretty roomy inside. On one side, Applejack’s hat had hung itself on a support beam in the middle of the tent and Applejack herself laid on the left side of the tent. Twilight gently laid on the other half of the tent and laid next to Applejack, far enough so it wouldn’t see so awkward.

“Say, Twi?” Applejack whispered softly.

“Yes, Applejack?” Twilight whispered back in the same manner.

“I’m sorry about earlier… I was jus’ teasin’…”

“Oh, no, don’t worry about it, it’s alright.”

“Honest?”

Twilight was silent for a moment then sighed gently. “Honest.”

“So… “The curious earth pony mumbled. “Mind if I ask what you were thinkin’ about?”

Twilght felt her face blush again at the thought of Ethal smiling at her filled her mind once more. “I… uh… I can’t seem to remember!”

Twilight heard Applejack chuckle. “Dun’ worry, Sugarcube, I won’t tell no pony…”

Unable to deny anything any longer, Twilight Sparkle sighed. “…Thanks, Applejack…”

“What’re friends for?”

---

Ethal returned to the library with books at hoof, dropping them all over the floor as soon as he entered the study room. He sighed at the fallen books, but couldn’t be bothered to pick them up at the moment. Ethal rushed over towards the sofa with a red book on it, the same book that foretold of six brave ponies who traveled the world to find 14 tablets.

The yellow stallion reread and reread the story atleast four times already in hopes to find something different each one. Yet the story remained the same, six ponies started a quest, slowly one dies off, then another, then another, and before they could reach the final tablet, they last two become nothing, and widespread chaos overcomes Equestria. “Now that I think about it” Ethal said to himself. “This sounds a lot like another story…”

Without much of a second thought, Ethal flipped to page 216.Flowing Wind, a pegasus and the main protagonist, was talking to an earth pony named Rouge, who seemed to always hide himself from the world.

---

“Why is it that you travel?” Flowing Wind was a fairly persistant pony, what with asking all sorts of questions that begged to differ among her and her five companions. Yet they got separated during a thunderstorm, now Flowing Wind and Rouge were heading towards the closest town they could find. “I’m sure you have a reason.”

“Why do you need to know?” Rouge was too dark and broading for anyone to comprehend, yet Flowing Wind passed right through it. “Is it information you need to know to live?”

“Oh c’mon Rouge, It’s nice to lighten up once and awhile!” Flowing Wind poked at him. “I’d just like to know where you’re from and why you want to find these seals. What would you gain from it?”

“I’m not gaining anything.” He said in a scruffy voice. “Not like anyone understand what I say anyway.” Rouge sat down, his dirty and matted robe was already cut and torn from previous adventures was now even mud soaked in the rain they were currently in.

“Nobody understands you because you don’t give them a chance to understand!”

“Why should I give THEM a chance to understand me?”

“You gave me a chance…”

“Huh…?” Rouge sat there dumbfounded.

“I’m not saying you have to trust everypony…” Flying Wind started, leaning against a tree a bit to escape the falling rain. “But that doesn’t mean you have to cut yourself from ponies. You obviously gave me the chance to understand you because here you are! Sitting infront of me, talking to me, giving me the chance to maybe know you a little better…”

Rouge was quiet, his mane slowly falling towards his face, rather than spiked up due to the rain. “It’s not that… I don’t want to be away from other ponies, I’m… I’m just—“

“Too shy?” Flowing Wind smiled ‘You should never be shy, if you’re willing, go out there and become what you’ve always wanted to be!’

“…But—“

“No buts! If Equestria had any ‘buts’ in it, we probably wouldn’t even exist. If you want to make something of yourself, you do it! You don’t sit and ponder on the future. You can’t get anywhere if you don’t try…”

---

That was always Ethal’s favorite part. It stuck to him forever as soon as he read it. He’d reread it and reread it over and over until his mind had it firmly implanted in his head. “You can’t get anywhere if you don’t try…” Ethal said smiling, closing his eyes and day dreaming a bit. Then sudden realization hit the stallion unicorn. He was in the same position Rouge was. Ethal never tried at anything and always let life throw in his own path, never did he attempt to pave one of his own.

This made Ethal somewhat mad at himself. Because he never did anything in his life, he got cooped up and stored for later use. Quickly, Ethal got up and looked outside the massive window that showcased Canterlot’s night life. The Moon was a full one tonight.

“Once in a Blue Moon.” Ethal said to himself before picking up the book and walking outside, over the fallen books he hadn’t attempted to pick up. He ran down the flight of stairs and in front of the still-open gates of Canterlot, the same gates that Twilight and her friends had left at. His mind wondered on small memories that had happened that day.

‘Honestly, I wouldn’t want you to come without knowing what we’re doing…’ Ethal remembered Twilight telling him that. After rereading the book more than enough times, he was certain he knew what they were doing, and the troubles ahead of themselves.

‘Someday, I’ll traverse the world! Someday I’ll make it happen!” Ethal told himself that either yesterday morning or two nights ago, he shrugged. “Same thing really…”

‘Maybe it’s best if you didn’t…’ Twilight told him that when he grabbed onto the stone, a vision? What was she talking about?

‘You can’t get anywhere if you don’t try.’ That wasn’t really a memory to Ethal, but his mind couldn’t handle the thought of not bringing it up. It was a source of inspiration to the normally city stallion. He always wanted to travel, but he never did anything about it. Well now he was going to do something about it. No longer scared of the world, tired or sleepy despite being the modest of night, he made a dash towards the open road, not looking back at Canterlot at a full gallop.

“I’m not going to lose them that fast…!” Ethal said to himself against the high-speeding winds that stung his face. “Hold on Twilight Sparkle! I’m coming!”

---

“Here we are!” Cloud Whisper smiled as Midnight Sonata, Rainbow Dash, and herself were in front of a large opening that seemed to lead into the darkness. Not that it helped that it was already dark out, but it was handy that Midnight happened to have a Lantern.

“Go on, we’ll be right behind you.” Midnight handed Rainbow Dash the Lantern. She slowly took her odds at looking down the hole. It seemed to engulf nothing but the lonesome darkness. Even with a Lantern, she’d figured it’d be too hard to see.

“C’mon Rainbow Dash!” pestered Cloud Whisper,” Let’s go!”

“Alright! Alright… uh…” Rainbow Dash slowly descended into the hole, and her theory was correct, the light seemed to disappear as soon as the caves abyssal state closed onto the three ponies. “So…” Rainbow Dash didn’t want to show she was freaking out; she attempted to start a conversation. “How’d you two meet up?”

“Oh! I’m glad you asked!” Cloud Whisper started

“Cloey, you don’t have to tell her…” Midnight interrupted.

“It’s only fair! It’s only right that we tell her SOME things rather than tell her nothing at all!”

Midnight groaned “Fine, whatever…”

“Midnight and I met from our Master! Our Master has a weird way of placing ponies in the same situation. Much like how we are here with you!” Cloud smiled, it was too hard to tell under the now very low light of the lantern.

“Any back-story?” Rainbow Dash asked gently. “I mean, I know you know my back-story.”

“Oh! Right! Okay uh, I’m from Cloudsdale, but my mom and I moved to Manehatten as soon as we could. Cloudsdale was… a bit too harsh for mom…”

“And you, tough guy?” Rainbow asked Midnight. “I’ve been waiting to hear a story from you.”

“Hmph, You’ll get one out of my cold dead ho—“

“Middy…” Cloud said with a soft voice. “Pleaaaaaaaaaaase?”

Midnight looked at the light-grey pegasus then back down at the ground. “Uh… fine…” the dark blue stallion sat down. “It’s kind of a long story...”

“Hmm?” Rainbow Dash turned around and sat. “I’ve got time…” although the darkness started creeping Rainbow Dash out, reminded her of her visions earlier the other night.

“I’m actually not sure where to start…”

“Start at a turning point!” Cloud joyously said. “Like when something big happened in your life!”

“Uh…well how about this…” Midnight stood up. “I’ll tell you both after we meet the Master…”

“But—“

“Just trust me, okay?” Midnight said calmly. “I don’t want to wait her any longer.”

“Fine…” Cloud said disappointed.

Rainbow Dash stood up. “Is that a promise?”

“I promise…” Midnight calmly sighed. “I’m not one to break promises…”

Rainbow Dash looked at Cloud Whisper, who looked back. “He’s not…”

Already, the three ponies started making their way darker into the cove, which was much longer than Rainbow Dash expected. At the end, there were two glowing orbs that slowly grew bigger and bigger in size, but Rainbow Dash couldn’t tell what they were.

“What’s that over there?” the curious cyan mare asked. Both Cloud Whisper and Midnight went ahead to catch a glimpse of what Rainbow Dash saw.

“That’s odd…” Midnight and Cloud whisper said in unison.

“What’sup?” Rainbow Dash asked again. “C’mon guys! I wanna know too!”

“It’s our Master, Rainbow Dash.” Midnight said gently.

Cloud Whisper giggled. “Here she coooooomes!”

Comments ( 3 )

:facehoof: Well here's the latest chapter, honestly this was the toughest chapter I've faced in awhile... but I guess it's all good now! :twilightsheepish:

Finally we get to start venturing in the next chapter! I know this story is very slow, but now it'll start speeding up! (Not to quickly, but heck :twilightsmile: ) So get your goggles ready or something... I-I dunno! :twilightblush:

On another note, Cloud Whisper and Midnight Sonata were both inside jokes for me and a friend of mine, who always insisted that ponies names were based off songs or works or liiterature (TV's/Movies/Plays). Midnight Sonata obviously being "Moonlight Sonata" and Cloud Whisper making fun of "Ghost Whisper".

295266 :facehoof: -sigh- oh kro

very nice. Ethal seems way too non-suspicious now... im beginning to think he's not that bad. and the (master). He's the one from the vision

Login or register to comment