• Published 25th Jul 2013
  • 1,144 Views, 6 Comments

The Royal Root Canal - StormLuna



This story involves Princess Celestia and her fear of the dentist and the need for her to get a root canal.

  • ...
10
 6
 1,144

Colgate's Decision

Twilight and Celestia leave the dentist's office and head back to the library. "Wow, I didn't expect her spell to work this well. I know you guys told me she graduated at the top of her class, but wow, she has to be the best dentist in Equestria." said Celestia

Twilight replied, "Yes she is a great dentist and when word of her spell gets out, she will probably have patients from all over Equestria coming to see her."

Celestia looked deep in thought and suddenly realized something and said to Twilight, "She wrote her own magic. You know what that means Twilight. It means that she can become an Alicorn princess. I will need to tell her this when she comes over here after she closes for the day."

Twilight replies, "I'm not sure if she is exactly going to want to do that. She loves being a dentist more than anything. Would she still be able to be a dentist if she becomes a princess?"

"No, she wouldn't be able to. She would have royal duties like Cadence, Luna and myself do. I guess she will have a lot of pros and cons to weigh in making her decision." said Celestia

It was a few minutes before 5:30 when Colgate arrived at the library. She knocks on the door and Twilight answers it and says to Colgate, "Celestia and I are so happy you could make it."

Colgate replies, "I am not the type that likes being late, that is why I got here a few minutes early."

Colgate walks into the library to find that Princess Celestia is there. She says, "Hi your Majesty. What did you want to talk to me about?"

Celestia replies "Colgate, what you did has rarely been done. You wrote your own magic. That is an amazing accomplishment. Do you know what your writing your own magic means?"

Colgate looked a bit puzzled but replied, "Does it mean that you will be a regular patient of mine?"

Celestia replied, "No, it does not mean that. It means something much bigger and more meaningful."

Colgate then said, "But what could be more meaningful than you being a regular patient of mine?"

Celestia replies, "It means that you can become an Alicorn princess and it means that you can become royalty. This is a special honor for anypony. What would you think of becoming an Alicorn? You would become immortal as well, you would never die."

Colgate asks Celestia, "Would I still be able to be a dentist? I love being a dentist because I get to help everypony have better oral health like I did with you and Lyra."

Celestia replies, "No, you would not be able to be a dentist anymore. You would have royal duties and Alicorns do not hold ordinary jobs. What do you think? Do you want to be an Alicorn princess?"

Colgate stood in front of Celestia and Twilight for a minute thinking, and then replied, "I want to thank you for this offer your Majesty, but I do not want to leave my job as being a dentist. It is something that I am truly passionate about. When I see a pony feeling better after I work on their teeth I feel like I have truly accomplished something. I feel as though I have improved the life of that pony, which makes me feel good inside. I also do not like the idea of immortality. I do not want to watch my friends die in front of me forever. So I must respectfully decline your offer."

Celestia said, "That is what Twilight thought you would say. I have gained a great deal of respect for you Colgate. So many ponies would say that they would want to be transformed in a heart beat but you put the needs of others first and you follow your heart. You are a real inspiration Colgate. You make me proud."

"Thank you your Majesty, there is one other thing that I want to discuss with you." said Colgate

"What is that?" replied Celestia

"We need to schedule a six month check up. The Equestrian Dental Association states that everypony should get their teeth cleaned and checked every six months. Would October 27th at 10 in the morning work ok for you?" asked Colgate

"Oh Colgate!" said Celestia, "Of course it will work! I do hope that we can meet before then!"

"Of course we can!" said Colgate

Celestia then said that she must return to Canterlot. Her royal guards arrive and fly her home.

"Colgate, I had a feeling that you would choose being a dentist over being a princess." said Twilight

Colgate replied, "Twilight, you know me very well. I would rather follow my heart and do what I love than be elevated to a god-like position and be taken away from my friends. Well I must be getting home, it is getting late and I have a patient coming in tomorrow morning at 8 o'clock. You and Spike have a wonderful night."

Twilight said, "Oh we will, you have a good one."

Spike approached Twilight and said, "You forgot to ask her if her spell would work on dragons."

Twilight replied, "Oh there is plenty of time for us to do that!. Take a note to the princess please."

Spike said, "Alright."

Twilight said, "Dear Princess Celestia, today I learned that there are some ponies out there that truly care about the needs of others that would rather follow their hearts than accept an offer that would put them in a high position and give them power. I have also learned that there are ponies out there who do not desire immortality, as they realize the heartache that it brings, that they do not wish to watch their friends die for all eternity. Your Faithful Student, Twilight Sparkle."

Comments ( 3 )
Comment posted by StormLuna deleted Aug 1st, 2013

I liked that story, your storys are really good StormLuna.:)

3012572 Thanks White Rainbow, I do my best to provide quality material for everypony. I start out with a general idea of what the story is going to be about and then just let the words come to me.

Login or register to comment