• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 528 Views, 20 Comments

Ponies All Day-Writing Challenge - ThunderTempest



The end result of a writing challenge, in which I wrote 48 TMP prompts in a single 24 hour period.

  • ...
4
 20
 528

PreviousChapters Next
19:30-20:00 "Missing Checkout Time"

“I see you found your way here just fine.”

“Yes. How do you like the Hotel Equestria?”

“It’s great. We get served champagne and hay burgers every day. And don’t you just love the clothes they give you.”

“Hah. Nice to see you haven’t lost your sense of humour.”

“I also see that you kept that cloak and hat I sent you.”

“Of course I did, Quick. You were the one who got me into show business.”

“...by the way, how is she?”

“She’s...good. Married. Nice colt.”

“You visit often?”

“No.”

“You should. She asks me about you whenever she writes, or comes to visit. You were her Idol, you know.”

“I know. That’s why I’m staying away. Don’t want her to pick up my bad habits.”

“Since when did you become responsible?”

“Since you got caught.”

“Fair point. Hey, Trixie?”

“Yes, Quick?”

“could you...could you tell her I love her?”

“...Yeah.”

***

Trixie stared down at the peaceful homestead below, watching a handsome colt work in the turnip fields. Sighing, she walked down into the valley, and knocked on the door.

“Hello?”

“Vapour Trail?” asked Trixie. Getting a confirming nod, Trixie continued on, “I’m Trixie, a friend of your mother’s.”

“Trixie? The Great and Powerful? Oh wow, I’d never thought I’d see you again! I followed your career all through the papers and just kept hoping you’d come out here one day!”

“Vapour. Your mother wanted me to pass on a message. She...she says that she loves you, but that She won’t get out of the Hotel Equestria any time soon. I’d...expect an official letter soon.” The pegasus paused in her frantic rummaging.

“How was she, the last time you saw her?”

“Well. Thin, but healthy. How long that will last, I don’t know.” Trixie shifted her weight.

“Do you think she’s...”

“I don’t know.” Whispered Trixie, “But it definitely sounded like it. I’m so sorry.”

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #105: “Such a Lovely Place”
Welcome to the Hotel Equestria.

Look, more Trixie backstory!

PreviousChapters Next