• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 528 Views, 20 Comments

Ponies All Day-Writing Challenge - ThunderTempest



The end result of a writing challenge, in which I wrote 48 TMP prompts in a single 24 hour period.

  • ...
4
 20
 528

PreviousChapters Next
05:00-05:30 "It's An Old Tradition!"

Rainbow glanced over at Twilight Sparkle as she finished talking to that ‘alternate dimension’ or whatever it was, and upon Twilight’s command, bucked the nearest crystal to her. Within seconds, the entire array destabilised, and collapsed in on itself. Once this process had completed itself, the two ponies commenced the long process of cleaning up all the bits and peices of crystal that had scattered over the floor. As they were working, Rainbow Dash suddenly started giggling, dropping her broom.

“What’s so funny, Rainbow?”

“Your middle name is Amethyst?” said Rainbow, desperately trying to keep from breaking out into full blown laughter, “Seriously, amethyst?”

“What’s so funny about it?”

“It’s like, the biggest cop out, ever, that’s what. You may as well be named Twilight Purple Sparkle.” It was at this point that Rainbow could no longer hold her laughter back, and collapsed on the floor.

“How do you even know what amethyst is, Rainbow?”

“Duh, it’s in Daring Do and the Griffon’s Goblet,” said the pegasus, squeezing out the words between gasps of laughter.

“Oh,” said Twilight, before continuing, “But I will have you know that having part of your name referencing a gemstone is a common trait among unicorns!”

“Yeah, but it’s like your parents didn’t even try. They just looked at your coat, saw it was purple, and said ‘Let’s make her name a reference to her coat colour.’ Even Rarity’s is more imaginative than yours, and let me tell you, hers is pretty bad.” Rainbow couldn’t help it, and went back to rolling on the floor.

“And I suppose your middle name is any better, Rainbow?”

“It is, actually,” gasped the pegasus, “It’s...”

“20% cooler than anything else?” Twilight Sparkle rolled her eyes, as Rainbow managed to stand up again.

“I was actually going to say that my middle name is Tornado,” shot back the pegasus.

“Rainbow Tornado Dash. Huh. Ok, you got me, that is actually better,” said Twilight, gathering up a pile of crystal shards, and dumping them in a bucket, as Rainbow picked her broom back up, and kept sweeping up the crystal shards, still giggling intermittently.

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #315: “What’s In A Name?”
Twilight Sparkle’s middle name.

PreviousChapters Next