• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 527 Views, 20 Comments

Ponies All Day-Writing Challenge - ThunderTempest



The end result of a writing challenge, in which I wrote 48 TMP prompts in a single 24 hour period.

  • ...
4
 20
 527

PreviousChapters Next
06:30-07:00 "Trixie Never Doubts!"

Trixie is nervous. No, scratch that. Trixie is never nervous. Trixie is the Great and Powerful Trixie. She will wow these ponies out of their seats. But what if Trixie is not Great or Powerful enough? Ridiculous! Ha ha ha! See? Trixie Laughs at the sentiment. Trixie is the most Great and Powerful unicorn in all of Equestria. She does not fail, she does not fear!

Oh Celestia, Trixie is scared. Trixie is not the Great and Powerful, she is the Scared and Feeble Trixie. Trixie has been talking to the other auditionees. All of them so far have been rejected. Said that the auditioners were looking for ‘something special’. No. No. Trixie is Great and Powerful. Think great and powerful thoughts. Great and Powerful Thoughts. Great and Powerful Trixie now needs to use the fillies’ room. Because Great and Powerful Trixie is nervous.

Trixie is Trixie. Trixie will go out there and do what Trixie does best-show these ponies a good time. Deep breaths. Calm. Trixie is Calm. Remember; Visualise, Concentrate, Release. Trixie is Great and Powerful. Trixie is Calm, collected and will knock the cutie marks off these stupid auditioner ponies.

Here I go.

****

Trixie strode confidently onto the large stage at the Manehatten Theatre, where three older stallions stared at her from the seats.

“Your name?”

“The Great and Powerful Trixie!” trilled the blue mare, enhancing her introduction by spelling out her name with a few magically-conjured fireworks.

“Your actual name, please.”

“Trixie Lulamoon.” Trixie gulped, as the judges made notes on their clipboards.

“Very well, Trixie. Whenever you’re ready, go ahead.”

Trixie closed her eyes for a brief moment, took a deep breath in, let it out slowly, and then proceeded to give what she thought was the greatest performance of her life.

Silence reigned over the theatre as Trixie finished her trick by apparently rotating her body in three different directions at once, and landing perfectly on her hooves.

“Oh, and the card you picked at the beginning, dear stallion. It was the eight of spades.”

Trixie stood there, waiting for the judges approval, or dismissal.

“Trixie Lulamoon, stage name, the Great and Powerful Trixie.”

“Yes, peon?”

“...Can we hire you for three months?” asked the judge, “You have exactly the kind of stage presence and flair our theatre is looking for. We would be honoured to have you perform on a weekly schedule for the Manehatten Theatre company.”

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #52: “The Show’s About to Start”
The Prompt: Trixie becomes great and powerful.
Special rule: Twilight Sparkle cannot appear or be alluded to.

PreviousChapters Next