• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 521 Views, 20 Comments

Ponies All Day-Writing Challenge - ThunderTempest



The end result of a writing challenge, in which I wrote 48 TMP prompts in a single 24 hour period.

  • ...
4
 20
 521

PreviousChapters Next
12:30-13:00 "To Save My Friends..."

Fluttershy stood trembling in front of the great dragon. She remembered what Twilight had told her, this was the Mother Of All Dragonkin, the oldest and biggest dragon alive. She needed to be strong, for her friends’ sake. They were depending on her.

“Young pony,” said the Great Mother, “I do not have all day. Speak your desire, and I shall see if I can grant it.”

“Oh, um. Sorry. It’s just you’re so verybigwithgiantclawsandteethandeep!”

The dragon chuckled, and blew a casual stream of smoke out the side of her mouth.

“Of all the ponies to send, they send the one terrified to death of dragons, yes? My, this is hilarious. I have not had such entertainment since last I woke, 1400 years ago. Speak your desire, pony.”

“Um, well, your dragon...ness. It’s for my friends. They were stung by something, and now they’re not recovering. Their coats and manes are shedding, and I don’t know what to do...”

“Peace, young pony.” Rumbled the dragon, holding up a claw to stall Fluttershy’s rambling, “I know what ails your soul-kin. They were stung by the Ironwasp, a foul and loathsome little bug, which even affects the mighty drakes. We find them intolerable.”

“Is there a cure?” said Fluttershy, looking up at the dragon’s eye.

“There is. But you ponies have not the stomach to get it yourselves, and few have the will to sacrifice enough for a dragon to part with theirs. How many soul-kin do you have that are infected by the Ironwasp sting, young pony?”

“Five, your dragon-ness.”

The great dragon grumbled, and slowly stood up, revealing the bulk of its horde sitting underneath. One long talon rummaged through the pile for a moment, before returning with a bottle, the size of Fluttershy’s wing. A red liquid sloshed about inside.

“Ironwasp cure. Feed your soul-kin this. One mouthful each. No more.”

“I understand,” said Fluttershy.

“No. You do not. You must first take the cure into your mouth, then pass it into theirs. Only this will cure your soul-kin.”

“Thank you, your dragon-ness,” Said Fluttershy, reaching for the bottle, but the dragon pulled it back.

“There is still the matter of my payment, young pony. This is worth much to me. If you want it, you must offer something equal in value. And there is only one thing I will accept.” The great dragon bared her teeth in a wicked smile.

“Your soul.”

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #33: “Theme Week, Day Two”
“What is the wish that you will pay for with your soul?”

PreviousChapters Next