• Published 10th Jul 2013
  • 2,960 Views, 51 Comments

Friendstuck - Rubix Cube



12. That's how many alternate dimension ponies it takes for havoc in Ponyville.

  • ...
11
 51
 2,960

Screwing up Twilight's house

"Alright, let's see if this works." Karkat said, surrounded by the 11 others as he hooked the computer up to the generator. Twilight had let them borrow it after the party, but it was possibly because she had overdid the cider. Kakrat turned on the machine and sat down in front of the computer. Slowly, it flickered to life. "Boom." Karkat mumbled, and swerved the mouse around the desktop. He opened the disk drive and inserted Sburb Beta into the slot. He felt the human emotion "Happiness" as he saw the opening window.

SBURB CLIENT IS RUNNING...


On the train to Ponyville, everyone had questions.

Lyra wanted to know what it was like to have hands.

John, Rose, Dave, and Jade wanted to know why they were here.

Derpy and Bon Bon wanted to know why they were dragged along.

In few words, everyone was confused. Dave kept quiet during the entire ride, even with Lyra asking questions nonstop. John kept trying to do "The Windy Thing" to the confusion of Derpy, who just saw it as flapping his wings quickly. This helped him learn how to fly however, and just glided off of the floor for a few minutes at a time.

"...That won't work, you know. There isn't any wind inside the train, even as a Pegasus." Derpy said, staring at John. The stallion seemed to have a moment of realization before running to the back. "...That guy's gonna get into trouble sometime. I know it."

"I think all of them will." Bon Bon said, keeping her voice low so Jade and Rose couldn't hear her. "But it'll be good seeing Octy and Vinyl again, right?" Derpy nodded. They kept in touch even after Derpy, Bon Bon, and Lyra had moved.

"I don't know, Bon. I still think this may be a bad idea-"

"DO THE WINDY THING!"

Derpy's eyes widened and she stuck her head out the window, to see John on the top of the train flapping his wings. This only led to more chaos, ending with the train halting, John in a pile of dirt about a mile away, and Derpy yelling.


Twilight woke up with a splitting headache.

She growled and held her pillow to her head, hating the pain. She vaguely remembered being offered some cider by Pinkie last night, and the rest was overshadowed by flashing lights and rave music. Karkat asked her something last night, but that was drowned out. She cast a painkiller spell and got up. Spike was still asleep, and Terezi and Karkat weren't in the bed she had let them sleep in. She went downstairs and into the kitchen and began cooking herself breakfast. They must have went somewhere, she thought. She was about to take a sip of water when she heard a thump coming behind her. Turning around, she saw that half of her wall had just disappeared. She dropped her glass and ran over to the gap. It seemed to be just cut out of the room, no dents or anything.

She was about to say something else when the wall appeared again, causing her to jump back. The wall vanished once more, but was replaced by a square room sprouting out. Twilight ran outside, and true to what she thought, there was a square growth on the side of her tree. It disappeared, and Twilight ran back in. The second she entered her living room, one of her shelves had been torn out of the wall. The lavender mare jumped onto it as the books it held were dropped on the floor.

"SPIKE!" Twilight called. No answer. How he was sleeping, she didn't know. The shelf dropped down and the table took it's place in the air. The mare focused and wrapped her magic across the table and pulled it back. The unknown force against her broke out of her hold and dropped the table. Owlowiscious hooted and perched on the unicorn, looking around as the door was ripped out of it's hinges and thrown across the room. Twilight charged up her magic, focused, and released a revealing spell out. She swiveled her head around, trying to find the intruder. To her shock, nothing was found, and more things were shot around the room.

If I was still an Alicorn, this would be easy! She thought, watching the flying objects thrown around her house. The second she though about her past, a memory flooded back to her.


Twilight looked at Shining Armor.

He had grown slight wrinkles on his face, his blue eyes having paled so little no one else noticed. Cadence on his side, however, looked no different then when she was first seen at their wedding so long ago.

"Twiley, are you sure you want to do this?" Shining Armor asked, placing his hoof on her shoulder.

"Of course I do. I've thought about it and this is my conclusion." Shining Armor nodded and nuzzled his little sister. Twilight opened the corridor doors and walked toward the throne of her great mentor. Twilight bowed.

"Princess?" She said.

"Twilight, my faithful student, what do you need to tell me?" Celestia said, walking forward to her student. Twilight raised her head.

"I wish to step down from being a princess."

Celestia was surprised, but kept her neutral look on her face.

"Follow me." The princess said, walking to another exit. Twilight followed her, traveling through the many corridors and rooms. Celestia motioned her to the balcony. The princess looked out into the horizon and admired the sunset spreading out on Ponyville and Cloudsdale. "Beautiful, isn't it?" She asked the smaller alicorn, turning to her. Twilight simply nodded. "Why do you wish to not be a princess, My Student?" Celeestia asked, still staring at the sunset.

Twilight breathed in and out. "About two weeks ago, I visited my brother in the Crystal Empire once again. I was excited, yet the minute I saw him I noticed something was different. I didn't know for a few days until the last day. I saw he was aging. I spent the next few days trying to tell me he just wasn't getting much sleep, but my mind finally made me come with the result. I realized all of my friends would age as well, and eventually leave us. I don't want to be a Princess if it means losing my friends one day, then never seeing them as long as I lived." Twilight exhaled, then looked at her mentor. The sun goddess was staring at her in thought.

"Twilight, I know a day like this would come. I went through the same thing with Luna and other ponies I shared the magic of friendship with. I, however, did not let myself get rid of my wings, for I knew Equestria needed me. It still pains me today. I do not want you to go on with the very same thing." Twilight looked at her mentor with shock. "I shall teach you a spell that was conjured by me a long time ago. Repeat after me."

Twilight readied her horn.

"The ones I care for have left this world, that I cannot abide. Unable to live without them, I cast my power aside." Celestia said with a calm voice. She looked at Twilight as she inhaled and spoke calmly.

"The ones I care for have left this world..." Twilight's wings began glowing. "That I cannot abide..." The wings unfurled. "Unable to live without them..." The wings began becoming transparent. "I cast my power aside." The wings finally disappeared, leaving Twilight a Unicorn once more.


Twilight snapped out of her daydream to Spike shaking her.

"Twilight! TWILIGHT!" He said, shaking her back and forth.

"Spike! I'm here, what's wrong?"

"What's wrong? Do you see this mess?" Twilight looked around the room, seeing that everything had been knocked over or broken. Spike groaned. "I'll start cleaning it up."

"No, I'll do it." Twilight quickly said. "Just think of it as a friendly gesture." She hugged Spike. Not knowing what to do, he just patted her on the back and walked into the kitchen. Twilight sighed and began cleaning up.


Karkat shut off the computer. The others had left earlier, but he stayed and messed with Twilight. He didn't know why she stopped moving after awhile, but he continued messing up the house even after it. He got up and trotted upstairs, impressed with his damage. He went into the living room to see Twilight cleaning up. He held his head high and walked past her.

"Yo, I'm going outside, just keep cleaning-"

"Karkat, I'm your friend, right?" Twilight asked suddenly. She turned to him with sad eyes and stared at him. Karkat looked around awkwardly, trying to see if she would stop staring.

".......Yeeeeeesss...?" He said, edging to the door. Twilight smiled and resumed cleaning. Karkat ran outside and shut the door behind him.


Gamzee stuck his head in a cupboard in Sugar Cube Counter.

When he first arrived in Equestria, he didn't care about being a horse, just that 1. Where would he get his Faygo and 2. Where would he get his Sopor Slime. He managed to find a substitute for Faygo, and Zecora gave him herbs that were the same as Sopor. He of course went ahead and baked it into pies, which he never let Pinkie sell. Today However, he searched frantically through the pantry of the store for the herb substitute. Had he ran out already?

YoU dOn'T nEeD iT. Crap, voices. Not a good sign. Gamzee began searching harder.

He was all out.

YoU'rE a HiGhBlOoD, yOu DoN't NeEd It. The earth pony began swearing as he tried looking for scraps. The voices got heavier as he ran into the kitchen to see a single pie. He struggled toward it, the voices already trying to take over his mind.

NO

Gamzee dropped his hoof and laid face-down in the ground for a few moments. He slowly lifted his head, stared at the pie, and threw it in the trash. He looked through the drawers. Rolling Pins. Close enough. He put the baking tools in his mouth and walked outside.

The Dark Carnival was coming to town.