• Published 10th Jul 2013
  • 2,959 Views, 51 Comments

Friendstuck - Rubix Cube



12. That's how many alternate dimension ponies it takes for havoc in Ponyville.

  • ...
11
 51
 2,959

City of Gold and Purple

Rarity turned off the sewing machine. Another fine dress to wear at some point. Activating her horn and placing the apparel on a mannequin, her hooves gently clopped the ground as she walked to the sleeping Kanaya and Feferi. They had passed out a few hours ago; Rarity didn't blame them, it was getting late. Placing a blanket on the two, she yawned before ascending the stairs and climbing into bed herself.


Her eyes flickered open. She rubbed her eyes softly and stood up. A round room of a blue color with a single bed was all she saw, nothing else. Looking down on herself, she saw a bright yellow dress with a moon symbol embroidered on the chest. Seeing a large window and approaching, she gasped at what she saw.

A golden city lie before her, with 10 towers in a line next to hers. Intrigued, she leaned forward, an urge to jump out growing inside her. Before she could react, her hoof slipped off the sill of the window, causing her to lose her balance and fall out. Gasping, she screamed before curling up in a ball and waiting for the inevitable.

It never came.

Popping open one eye, she realized she was flying weightlessly. Her assumed room was a few meters above her. Rarity kicked her hooves, causing her to move forward a few feet. This felt odd, yet mystical somehow. She looked up, to be met with a beautiful, blue moon, surrounded by clouds and a Spirograph lining the edges. A checkerboard pattern was transparent along it.

She just wanted to stare at it, not even noticing her eyes beginning to burn...

She was tackled in the side.

Upon being let go, she stood up to be met with a familiar face.

"Kanaya?"

"Yeah, It's me. Never look up at Skaia. You'll go blind."

"Skaia? Kanaya, Where am I?"

"You're in Prospit. You're asleep. This is just a dream self."

"...What?"

She sighed. "Sit down, I'll explain. When you sleep in the real world, you wake up in either Prospit or Derse. Just imagine this place except it's Purple EVERYWHERE. Those towers have our friends inside. They are all unawoken, but they will be. The only way to wake up a Dream Self is to suffer an unpleasant event. The only exception is a Space player, like me."

"Player?"

Kanaya just stared at her for a few minutes.

"Rarity, have we ever explained Sburb to you?"


Pinkie Pie bounced around in midair.

She didn't care about how she woke up with a purple dress on in a pink room, but flying was super cool, she didn't want to waste time! She bounced around on the bridges, before noticing the sound of hooves clopping. Upon investigating, she saw Aradia walking around the city alone.

"Aradia!"

The pony jerked her head up and stared at her. Pinkie waved.

"What'cha doing?"

Aradia just sat down.

"Nothing."

"Aw, c'mon, This place is sooooo Cool! Let's go!"

"NO, Pinkie."

"Why? Don't be such a grump!"

"I have all the rights to be."

Pinkie scoffed.

"Look Pinkemena Diane Pie, I do NOT want to fraternize with your games. I suppose no one has told you what happened before we became hoofbeasts."

"Nope!"

"Fine, sit down. Once opon a time there was a Thief, a Page, a Maid, and a Seer. They were all 'friends'. Such best friends in fact, that the Thief killed the Maid, Paralyzed the Page, and Blinded the seer. The end." She slumped and stared forward.

"What does that have to do with your past!'

The ram-horned equine face-hoofed.


The next day


"Hey Rainbow Daaaaaaaash!"

The pegasus poked her head from above the cloud.

"Oh, Vriska! Hey, what's up."

"I was wondering... Would you like to play a game?"

Rainbow Dash was already gliding down to the ground. "What kind of game?"

"Oh, Role-Playing!"

"What? Isn't 'Role-Playing' that kind of game eggheads play?"

"Nonoono, this one is full of action. What kind of friend are you if you won't play with another friend?"

"Action, eh? Alright, I'll bite. What's it called?"

"Nothing special...It's called 'FLARP.'"

Author's Note:

I AM BACK! I have more chapters to be working on, DON'T WORRY