• Published 10th Jul 2013
  • 2,959 Views, 51 Comments

Friendstuck - Rubix Cube



12. That's how many alternate dimension ponies it takes for havoc in Ponyville.

  • ...
11
 51
 2,959

Planet Equestria

"Twi, are you sure Pinkie won't get hurt in this?" Applejack asked, investigating the large machine in front of her. The metal curved into a giant ring connected to a telegraph and projector.

"Of course she won't, Applejack. It just sends a shock through her system and into her brain, so we can see her memories and how she can do all those...feats." Twilight said, not taking her eyes off of Pinkie attached to the ring by her hooves and happily humming "Smile, Smile, Smile."

"Don't worry AJ! I trust Twilight, and I love helping my friends!" Pinkie said, the last bit sing-song. Rainbow Dash flew up and inspected the metal ring, earning a smile from the pink Earth pony.

"Sooo.... How long have you been working on this?" Dash asked, flying over to inspect the monitor, knocking it with her hoof.

"About a few months! Believe me, all of that time will be worth it when we finally find what allows Pinkie to see 'beyond the wall'."
Seeing that Rarity and Fluttershy were confused, she sighed. "That's just a metaphor I made. Don't mind it." She flipped a few switches and put on a pair of goggles. "Alright. Ready Pinkie?"

"Okey Dokey Lokey!"

Twilight smiled and pushed a few buttons, causing the machine to let out a pale light. Rainbow Dash flew down and stared at the monitor, along with her friends. A small crackle of electricity flew down onto Pinkie's mane, causing her to giggle. She continued humming "Smile" as the monitor began to flicker to life. It slowly brightened, showing a crib.

"It worked!" Twilight cheered. Two ponies ducked their heads in the crib, their flat hair being prodded at by two pink hooves. They both giggled and shook a few toys in front of the pony, causing more laughter. "This must be when she was a newborn filly." Twilight pushed a button and the monitor flickered to a pile of rocks. Twilight grumbled and went forward once again. This went on for a few hours, the entire group staring at various memories, along with Pinkie adding commentary. After a while, 99% of her memories had been looked over. Twilight smiled at the last 1%, eagerly lighting her horn.

"Well guys, today's the day! Today, Pinkamena Diane Pie's secrets will be revealed!" She cheered, the monitor glowing bright. Twilight's smile got bigger as it dimmed, revealing the final memory. It showed the 5 ponies staring at a monitor, showing the same 5 ponies staring at a monitor. Twilight's eyelid twitched.

"Wow, Twilight! It's what's going on right now! You all are staring at yourselves, staring at themselves! It's like that Con-Mane movie Inception!" Pinkie laughed, trying to imitate the sound. Twilight stared at Pinkie, and then the machine. Her horn began glowing and her memories began flicking in over and over.

"Twilight, what are you doing?" Rarity asked.

"This isn't scientifically possible! We should have saw what happens!" The memories flicking even faster, smoke piping out of the machine.

"Twilight...?" Rainbow Dash said, noticing the smoke.

"No, no, no, no." Twilight said, still looking over the memories. The monitor began flicking white, the smoke nearly filling the room. It began shaking and Pinkie was released. A gurgling sound came from the machine, small amounts of light coming out of cracks. "EVERYPONY DOWN!" Twilight yelled, she and her friends ducking into various places, shielding themselves from a large flash of light, rattling the entire household.Twilight poked her head from under a table and stared at the metal pile where her machine used to be. "Pinkie!" She ran to the wall and pulled the pink pony out. "Sorry about that. Celestia, this went wrong. Are you hurt?"

"Hurt? That was FUN Twilight! Like being shot out of a cannon!" She hopped around as normal, Twilight sighing in relief.

"Sorry, guys. I got to engrossed in this and sort of lost it." Twilight said, staring at the ground.

"I-it's okay Twilight...Nopony got hurt, right?" Fluttershy asked.

"Course not, Sugarcube. Everything is fine. But it sure is late." Applejack replied, poking her head out from the stairs. Twilight sighed once again.

"We should all go home. I'll clean this up in the morning. We're all tired from this, we all deserve some rest." She lead her friends upstairs and bid them goodnight. Trotting up the stairs, she stopped and rubbed a shivering part of her neck. Disregarding this, she walked up to bed, trying not to wake up Spike. Yet she still felt this failed experiment had more consequences then she thought.


Twilight and Spike trotted into town, tired after cleaning up the mess. Twilight had offered eating at Sugar Cube Corner with Spike and he had almost immediately accepted. However, the streets were empty and stores were closed, Twilight walking among shuttered houses.

"Twilight, are you feeling some déjà vu right now? Spike asked.

"Yeah. This is weird. Everypony was like this when we first met Zecora. What could have made this happen again?" Twilight responded, looking around, even for inside types like Berry Punch or Vinyl. Seeing no one, she continued down the path until she got towards town square. In the distance, what looked like 12 ponies arguing was in the middle, screaming at each other so loud she cold hear them even before she got to the square. Twilight stopped and stared in relief and confusion for only twelve ponies to be outside, yet before she could walk over and ask she was tackled and dragged inside Sugar Cube corner.

"Got her!" Rainbow Dash said to Applejack, releasing her hoof from Twilight's mouth.

"What in Celestia was that for!?" She said, glaring at Dash, who put her hooves up innocently.

"You didn't see the barbarians out there!?" Rarity said, pointing to the window, where the 12 ponies could be seen. Sweetie Belle walked into the room, followed by the other crusaders. Rarity rubbed the filly's head and brought Twilight to the window, giving her a clear view.

A stallion with jagged teeth and small horns was perched on top of unicorn with sunglasses and a single horn. A mare with curled horns stared with boredom at the two bickering ponies, next to two other mares, with smaller horns then the others, one eagerly swatting at a butterfly. A smaller mare with red glasses seemed to be licking everything. Two ponies, one with crooked and one with absurdly large horns, watched worriedly, yet the one with crooked horns and odd marks on his muzzle seemed to be staring out into space. A mare and a stallion were facefirst in the town fountain. 4 were Unicorns, 4 were Pegasi, and 4 were Earth Ponies. All of them were grey, had black manes, and two horns on the side of their heads.

"...That's them...?" Twilight asked, finding them relatively harmless for what they were doing.

"When we all walked into town, they were attacking each other, Twi! That one in the middle yells. A lot." Applejack replied, getting into Twilight's face. Twilight calmly pushed AJ away.

"I think they're just confused.and lost. if we just go outside and ask them what they need they'll just leave and everything will be normal. And don't say that, you could scare the crusaders."

"The crusaders?" Pinkie Pie asked. "They just left, Silly Filly!"

"WHAT?" The rest of the 5 said, making pink pony point outside, only to see the three crusaders walking slowly to the fighting strangers. Rarity rushed to the door, only to find it stuck due to a plank outside put by the three foals. Applebloom stared at Scootaloo outside, still thinking about how this idea worked.

"Are you sure about this, Scootaloo?" Sweetie Belle asked, walking close to the confident Pegasus. She laughed and turned to the other foals.

"Of course it will! We're brave! We'll get these ponies out of town and show that we're more then just blank flanks!" She triumphantly walked forward. Sweetie Belle and Applebloom exchanged looks, yet followed their friend.

"...Yet you know this is YOUR FUCKING FAULT!" One of the stallions yelled, pointing to another one with red and blue glasses.

"Yeah right, KK. I didn't even TOUCH any Mind Honey!" He yelled back, the crusaders noticing he had a lisp. "KK" growled at him.

"Hi, Misters!" Applebloom said cheerfully, the crusaders following her into the fight.

"FUCK OFF, KID." "KK" Said loudly, jumping in front of them and growling. The crusaders eeped and inched back. Scootaloo, however, went forward.

"Don't talk to my friends like that!" She yelled, getting into his face. Getting closer showed he was one of the Pegasi.

"Why you little-" The stallion raised his hoof, revealing a large sickle. Scootaloo gasped as he brought it down.

"SCOOTS!" Rainbow Dash flew out of the store window and scooped her up just as the farm tool was embedded in the ground. The stallion swore and tried to pull it out, yet was tackled to the ground by the enraged, cyan Pegasus. "What did SHE do to you!?" She screamed.

"She bugged me." He yelled back. Rainbow Dash, obviously not taking this as an excuse, raised her hoof and connected it with a blow to his chin. Applejack managed to buck the door down and ran forward, growling at the 11 other ponies.

"Y'all friend's crazy!"

"We already know that, lady...." The mare with red glasses replied. Applejack was taken back with the fact she agreed.

Rainbow Dash and the stallion were still fighting when Twilight rushed to the group, using her magic to hold them down. "What in Celestia's name were you doing!?" She screeched in the Royal Canterlot Tone.

"Fuck you." The stallion said, trying to reach for his sickle. Rarity levitated it and threw it away, shivering thinking of what would happen if Rainbow didn't save Scootaloo.

"STATE YOUR NAMES."

"Terezi." The mare with red glasses replied.

The two ponies in the fountain lifted their heads. "Feferi and Eridan." They were a Unicorn and Pegasus, respectively.

The three mares stared at Twilight. "Aradia, Vriska, Nepeta." They were Unicorn and Earth. A Unicorn walked to Nepeta. "Equius."

The Pegasus with red and blue glasses said "Sollux." A Unicorn mare next to him "Kanaya."

The two stallions that were watching were Earth ponies named "Gamzee" and "Tavros."

In the end, the six ponies stared at the one who attacked Scootaloo. He growled, but Twilight forced him to speak. "...Karkat."

Twilight glared at them all. "Spike, Take a letter."

Dear Princess Celestia,

Twelve ponies have arrived in Ponyville, and their hostility is not welcome. One of them has attacked Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash, and his group has agreed he is mentally deficient. I wish for you to come to Ponyville and decide what to do with them.


Your student, Twilight Sparkle.

Spike sent the letter, and Twilight walked over to Karkat. "Do you wish to say anything?" She growled.

Karkat just stared at her with bored eyes. "I think this is the beginning of a wonderful kismesis."

Author's Note:

This was in my head for awhile.