• Published 17th Jul 2013
  • 3,988 Views, 31 Comments

The Bradical Adventures of Twilight Sparkle & Flash Sentry: The Book of StarSwirl - Chelis



Twilight Sparkle, Spike, and Flash Sentry go deep into the Griffon Kingdom to recover a lost book from a young Starswirl the Bearded.

  • ...
67
 31
 3,988

#14. Final Bradasty

They had a tailwind in their escape, so they were going faster than they anticipated. In fact, they were probably beating the line of messenger griffins that were no doubt headed to the port town to give orders from the King himself to stop their escape.

"Do you think we are in the clear?" Twilight asked as she looked back ever few minutes, even though Spike was sitting backwards to watch their back.

"Only one way to find out, Twilight! Keep pushing!" Flash commanded, his blood still pumping over his near-decapitation and escape thanks to the Princess.

As they kept their quick pace through the countryside, they passed over the griffon village they came by earlier. Even if they were friendly, they were still servants to their king, so the idea of asking them to hide there was out of the question. Still, a friendly wave or two was exchanged between the ponies and their newfound friends.

Within hours, they arrived with a full tailwind over the port city they first arrived at. They cheered in jubilation, which was amplified with another group they saw flying; the group of pony prisoners they freed. They hovered above the port as well.

"I guess they are waiting for us?" Twilight asked as she flapped her wings harder to catch up to them.

"Twilight, I don't think that's the reason!" Flash said as he tried to catch up with them. In front of them were brown dots surrounding them

When they got closer, the dots became bigger, and eventually griffons. In front of the caravan was the King and Prince of the griffons. The griffons looked at the approaching the Princess and her guard and moved to surround the three, leaving the caravan to themselves, which they continued to fly to Equestria.

"So, I let you trespass into my kingdom, grant you an audience with me, only to be disrespected and attacked. No more talkiNg, no more 'diplomacy!’ You will hand over the book and come back to my capital for your execution or I will order my soldiers to shoot you out of the skies!"

Twilight and Flash gave each other a wink and nod. The king was ready for it and ordered his guards to swarm the two. Twilight and Flash stopped flapping and let gravity do the rest, falling like rockS in midair. the griffons met where their enemies were before and watched as the three made a break for the Equestrian coast, which was a speck in the setting sun.

They regrouped and gave chase, and were catching up rather quickly to the escaping princess and her guard. Twilight and Flash looked back to their pursuers and soared as high as they could, breaking past the scattered clouds. Their acting was stopped when one griffon grabbed Flash's leg but was quickly rewarded with a few hoofs to the face.

"Spike!" Twilight cried, giving spike the signal of what to do next.

"Oh, no! Twilight! The book!" Spike cried in despair as he “dropped” the book in an act that was sub-par at most. The two ponies stopped to see the book fluttering in the free fall right towards Carloman.

From down there, they could hear him and his son laugh, the King relieved that of everything that happened that day that at least something going his way. Getting that friendly bounce that would salvage everything he had been working for.

"They will have to come back to save their precious book!" Carloman cheered as the book landed on his talons. He studied it for a second, and a second in the open was all it took for a purple beam of magic to strike the book, giving the King a front row seat to the book’s destruction. Carloman was shocked and enraged. The griffons looked to the ponies in unison to see that they were already speeding to Equestria, enough so that giving chase would mean entering the Equestrian airspace.

His son studied Twilight's disappearing plot and gave a wry smile. "I hate to see her go, but I love watching her leave."

Carloman observed a surviving page of the book and grabbed it. He studied the words on that page and sighed.

"It’s okay father, we can find another way to get more gold from them." The son assured.

"No, it is not that.... They were carrying the fake book the entire time. The more I think about it, the more I think we just got rused." The king announced.

For Flash and Twilight, they couldn't fly into the sunset together since the sun was setting behind them, but trading symbolism for coming home in one piece was a nice trade off. Twilight was a bit annoyed at the outcome, no cute guard as her special somepony, no fully romantic escapades; but it was an adventure nonetheless. Spike didn't care, returning home meant his own warm bed. As for Flash, the fact a princess expressed romantic interest in him was nice and all, but he got to keep his head on his neck. That was was enough for him.

***

When they returned back to Equestria, Twilight’s friends, family and the Princesses were waiting for them, which beat the hell out of a ticker-tape parade. In his joy, Shining did not give Flash Sentry five hundred laps, but instead got his subordinate a beer and a promotion for literally putting his neck out for his baby sister.

Though the celebration was short-lived, Twilight loved every moment, knowing that her time with her crush would come to an end. When it came to actually say goodbye, Twilight wanted to give him one last kiss. But with everyone watching... a simple hug had to do. She even waved goodbye as the three ponies from the Crystal Empire left on their train, bound for home.

Twilight sat as she watched it chug out of sight and gave off a barely noticeable sigh.

"Y’all messed around, didn't ya?" Applejack asked, to a bewildered Twilight.

The first few weeks after the return from the Kingdom was tough for Twilight. The transition from the excitement of the mission to the everyday life of being the Princess of the Ponyville library. It was a warm, breezy day, but Twilight was busy taking notes on a book that just came in. Her thoughts were still fixated on the pony she spent time with, fighting the temptation to secretly take a train to the Crystal Empire to see him. Her thought was broken by the fluttering of wings and the sound of a predatory bird. She looked at the edge of her desk to see a falcon had landed on her desk, a note wrapped around its leg.

Twilight used her magic to take the note and read it, and her heart skipped a beat or two. It was from Flash. She squealed like a schoolgirl as she kept on reading. In the letter, flash noted that Cadence was behind the letter, giving Flash twilight’s location to start a pen-pal relationship. With a bronze hoof and a letter of commendation, Flash was a sergeant for the guard, with his own small group of ponies to command. He also expressed interest in seeing her again in a more “safer” setting. He closed out by saying that the falcon was his pet, and his name was “Buzz.”

Twilight smiled as she took a blank scroll and some ink. she gave it a thought or two before she began.

"Dear Flash Sentry..."

The End, Bitches.

Author's Note:

Three years.

Three years of writing this damn thing and its finally over. The end of bradical. I remember writing it in the heyday of flash hate and being discouraged with all the down votes. But for new authors it's bound to happen, especially when you write something that is still considered taboo like the flashlight ship.

>A ship is taboo because >muh waifu

Anyway, its my first and might be my last >hooved story as I'm doing humanized/equestria girls now, but i might dabble in it if i get an idea worth doing. One fact about this story that I always wanted to say was there was plan for more, but was cut like a starswirlxcelestia backstory and the escape from the kingdome taking a whole day longer because of a cramp in Twilight's wing. Anyway, thank you for reading and i hope you check out my other stories. and if you have any questions let me know. Lastly, I would like to make a shoutout to my main man DustyPwny, This guy needs more followers and with how much horrible writing he has to put up with he more than deserve it.

cheers~

I have a skype group (was discord, but moving it back to skype) for fans, writers, and editors. If you want to join the madness here is the link https://join.skype.com/I1frSncTbUfN

Comments ( 1 )

The End, Bitches.

Best. Ending. Ever. :rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment