• Published 18th Feb 2012
  • 2,983 Views, 240 Comments

Scootaloo's Guardian - Dirty Bit



Scootaloo always wanted at least somepony to keep her company in her life. Then this happens...

  • ...
13
 240
 2,983

Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Bitter Reunions

The three groups stared down each other until Braeburn broke the ice with a smile "Applejack!"

Applejack noticed Braeburn and raised an eyebrow "Braeburn?"

Little Strongheart noticed as well with a smile "Applejack?"

Rainbow Dash caught a glimpse of the buffalo calf with an incredulous expression "Little Strongheart?"

Little Strongheart was surprised upon seeing the cyan pegasus "Rainbow Dash!"

Twilight looked over and was surprised to see a certain azure unicorn "Trixie?"

Trixie noticed Twilight and hate instantly filled her eyes "Twilight Sparkle..." She growled through her teeth.

Rarity craned her head back with a look of shock and disgust "Trixie!?"

Pinkie hopped up with a smile "Pinkie!!"

Raphael, who grew more than annoyed with the name-calling lashed out "Enough!!" He pulled out his blade and pointed it at Zasalamel "Just what do you think you're doing, you little gutter snipe? Stay out of this!"

Hidden Truth was breathless at the sight of two humans in front of him "How magnificent..." He stole a glance at the shadowed picture he fished out of his papers "The bipedal creature from the photo..."

Braeburn looked over at Zasalamel and widened his eyes "Hey! Yer th' feller that saved us two days ago!! We've been lookin' all over fer ya!"

Twilight perked up and turned to Zasalamel "You saved them?? Why didn't you-"

Zasalamel narrowed his eyes at Raphael "Not now..." He readied his scythe "We have problems, Twilight Sparkle..."

Rarity looked over and examined the attire of Raphael and Amy and was captivated by their appearance "Such...Such grandeur on their clothing!! It's as if they were born into royalty!!"

Raphael grunted "I refuse to have my advance halted by this rabble!" He turned to Amy "Amy! Subjugate the shard and let us be off!!"

Rainbow Dash perked up "Shard?" She looked around until her eyes rested on the jar containing a shard "Hey! Zasalamel was right all along!" She then noticed Amy go for it and instantly zipped in front of her with a glare "Not so fast!! You're not getting THIS one!!"

Amy frowned "Please move. Daddy wants the shard..." She then pulled out her own blade "I don't want to hurt you...You're pretty..."

Rainbow Dash steamed from her nostrils "You're gonna have to keep up with me if that's gonna happen!!"

Zasalamel was ready to strike "Element bearers, do not let this group obtain the shard! Prepare for battle!"

Applejack stood her ground "So we're gonna be scrappin' again, huh? Well, let's get to it, y'all!!"

Raphael growled "Of all the times to be caught in a fight..." He looked down at Trixie "Don't you dare get in my way!"

Trixie leered back "The feeling is mutual, vampire!" She then turned to glare at Twilight "The purple unicorn is mine..." She hissed as her horn glowed.

Twilight looked hurt at Trixie's visible hatred and went to ask before a hoof prodded at her shoulder. She looked to Applejack, who looked back with resolve "Don't get all fussed up, Twi! Iffin' this is what Zasalamel wants, we can't back down now!!"

Twilight sighed "I know, but..." She looked back at Trixie with sadness and confusion 'Why did it have to be Trixie of all ponies? I don't want to hurt her...'

Braeburn stood on the sidelines with anxiety on his face "Now hang on, y'all! Can't we sort this out like civilized ponies?"

Fluttershy rose up a hoof while looking frightened "I agree..."

Zasalamel grunted "Those who do not wish to be harmed must vacate this area at once! The rest of you, get ready for another fight!"

Braeburn went to voice out in opposition, until he was lightyl escorted out by Little Strongheart with concern in her eyes "Come, Braeburn. We musn't stant in their way. This is their battle..." She continued until she noticed Fluttershy at her side.

The timid mare cringed slightly "Um...Can I come with you? I don't want to fight..." Fluttershy then joined the Appleloosan travelers out the door.

Hidden Truth nodded and turned to his group "We must do as he says, everypony! Pick up your things and let's relocate!" He then turned to Quick Work, who stood dutifully at his side "I want you to aid the element bearers in this fight, Quick Work! Let them see their victory through!" Quick Work nodded and sprinted to the group's side as they stood ready. Hidden Truth then levitated the jar containing the shard and galloped outside with the group.

Amy went to stop them, but was then knocked back by a prismatic blur as Rainbow Dash stared her down while hovering aggressively in the air. Amy sighed as she readied herself in her fencer's stance. She now as to fight and kill another pretty pony.

Rarity and Applejack looked at Quick Work with their own respective expressions. Applejack's was one of confusion as to what kind of pony hid beneath the cloak, while Rarity's was one showing as much enthusiasm to Quick Work's garb as much as Raphael's clothing. But they both shook it off, knowing they had to raise their arms for another fight as they glared at the small group in front of them.

When only the fighters were present, Pinkie only smiled and randomly blurted out "Round 1! FIGHT!!!" With that, the respective groups rushed in and fought it out.

Raphael and Zasalamel were the first two to fight as they continuously clashed their weapons and parried their opponent's many strikes. Zasalamel fought with hardened effort while Raphael demonstrated grace and finesse in his old family's style. Neither warrior wavered in their attacks, showing their ancient traits of battle without pause "To think we would match wills over the shards of Soul Edge! Why couldn't you just die already!?"

Zasalamel did not let up in his offensive "You obviously have forgotten our previous encounters, haven't you?" He replied flatly in his deep tone as he continued fighting off Raphael.

Twilight would attack as per Zasalamel's request, but she hesitated out of conflict, and was only limited to dodging every magical beam launched at her by an agitated Trixie "Trixie, stop! We shouldn't even be fighting like this!"

Trixie's horn flared with magic as she launched another beam with hate-filled fervor "That is what you think, Twilight Sparkle!! Trixie has every reason to turn you into dust!!" She continued blasting at her, but was then knocked aside by a powerful shot.

The showmare tumbled along her side, and when she recovered, she noticed it was Applejack who delivered the blow with a look of anger on her face "Don't ya be attackin' my friend fer no reason, varmint!"

Trixie scoffed as she recovered "Stay out this, you country bumpkin! This is between me and Twilight Sparkle!!" Her horn glowed as she lifted Applejack with her magic and tossed her into Twilight. While the two were knocked down, Applejack was lifted again and launched into a wall, where she laid in a daze. Trixie then focused her glare on Twilight "Now...Where were we?" She uttered darkly as she slowly approached Twilight with her horn glowing. Before she could even act, however, she was met with a magical beam at her side.

She was knocked down for a moment, but then she noticed an angry Rarity with a glowing horn of her own "It is very uncouth of you to attack my friends for reasons unknown!!"

Trixie grunted "If you must know, Trixie most definitely has her own reasons for taking down your precious friend. Moreso, nothing is more uncouth than a pitiful distraction for my rage!!" She said as she lifted Rarity with her magic and slammed her into the wall next to Applejack.

Twilight recovered and noticed her friends injured with a gasp "Applejack! Rarity!!" She called out in shock before she turned to Trixie "How could you..." Her eyes narrowed "What could you have against me to hurt my friends!?"

Trixie huffed "Clearly they never got the message that I want to have at you personally! Now rise, Twilight Sparkle! I want to prove to you that I'm the better unicorn through battle!!" She stood her ground as her horn glowed.

Twilight did the same as she stared down her opponent 'Trixie...I don't know what's gotten into you ever since you left Ponyville, but if it means having to fight you, I'll do what I can to set you straight!!' She fired a beam at Trixie, to which the showmare fired one of her own. The two were then caught in a blast fight.

Amy was busy fending off Rainbow Dash and Quick Work at the same time, holding her own decently although overwhelmed by their remarkable speed. The shaded pony attacked with swift strikes from a weapon that was well-hidden under his cloak. Pinkie watched on the sidelines as she fidgeted her hooves "Oh! Oh! Okay, fake out! Now block, then parry!! Now taunt! C'mon, do a taunt! Fine, no taunt! But get her in a grab move! Or maybe get a good kick in!"

Rainbow Dash grew annoyed at Pinkie's rambling while she was busy fighting and snapped at her "Pinkie Pie! Come over here and help us out! We gotta take this girl down!!"

Pinkie tilted her head "But you and Quicky got her on the ropes! I don't wanna get in your way!" She frowned before she slowly snuck out a large and familiar item from behind "Ooooor do I~?" The party pony said mischievously as she readied her party cannon and aimed at Amy.

Amy was fighting, and she perked up when she noticed Pinkie about to shoot at her. It wouldn't be right to be open while holding her own against two fast ponies, so she thought quickly and timed Rainbow Dash and Quick Work's movements. When the shaded pony came first, she quickly parried his strike and pushed him back a good distance and awaited Rainbow Dash's approach. From there, she redirected Rainbow Dash's speed rush and flung her in Pinkie's direction with a look of shock on her face.

Pinkie ceased her aiming and watched with a frown "Uh oh!" She barely dodged Rainbow Dash, but her cannon was unknowingly aimed at Twilight. Pinkie staggered in her movement, and she accidentally pressed the button that activated her party cannon. A stream of powerful confetti bursted out with a party blower noise as it headed straight for Twilight in tenacious velocity. Pinkie took notice and called out to the lavender bookworm "Twilight!! Look out!!"

While Twilight was focused on the stalemate battle with Trixie, she failed to hear Pinkie's warning or anticipate the confetti stream that threw her off and allowed Trixie the upper hoof. The showmare sensed Twilight's weakness and did not hesitate to strengthen her beam and send her back rolling on the ground. Trixie grinned triumphantly "Yes! Victory! Now that Trixie has you exactly where she wants you, she can put you in your place..." She said as she trotted over to the sprawled unicorn, savoring the image of her in pain.

Applejack and Rarity noticed Twilight on the ground and hopped off of the wall to help her out, but both ponies did not expect to be lifted and slammed back into their earlier position by Trixie "Trixie made it abundantly clear that this was between her and Twilight Sparkle!!" She said as she approached Twilight "As for you, my little failure...How does it feel to be weakened at your knees? To be outshined by a REAL unicorn? Does it hurt? Does it!?" She asked as her horn glowed.

Twilight's horn was singed, and she weakly looked up at Trixie, who leered down at her with an evil grin "Trixie...why?" She uttered in pain.

Trixie cackled "Why, you ask, Twilight Sparkle? Because this was exactly the moment Trixie was anticipating ever since you humiliated her in Ponyville! Now she can have sweet revenge when you're going to be wiped out of the picture!! There is no point in keeping you around since all you will do is annoy Trixie!!" Her horn glew brighter as she prepared for the final blow.

Twilight watched in horror at what was about to happen to her 'Trixie...No...Don't do this!!' She couldn't find the right words to apologize to Trixie for making her act this way. All she could focus on was what could be her imminent demise.

Quick Work was fighting Amy with a recovered Rainbow Dash, and when he was knocked back again, his eyes trailed off to Trixie as she was about to get rid of Twilight.

"I want you to aid the element bearers in this fight, Quick Work! Let them see their victory through!"

He could not go back on his orders. Quick Work ignored his battle with Amy and quickly moved through the battlefield towards his next target. Rainbow Dash saw this in confusion "Hey! Where are you going!?" She then noticed Twilight and went to save her, only to narrowly avoid a strike launched by Amy and went back to fight her instead.

Trixie's horn reached its peak in power as she leered down at Twilight "Once this is out of the way, nopony would ever dare challenge the Great and Powerful Trixie! Goodbye, Twilight Spark-" Trixie stood still and her eyes widened when she felt something breeze along her neck.

Twilight was equally confused why she halted her strike, but her eyes widened when she noticed blood spill from Trixie's neck. The one responsible had finally unveiled a small and sharp blade strapped beneath his cloak as it looked away from the carnage he had caused. Trixie fell to her knees as she feebly sealed her wound with her forehooves and hacked helplessly.

Applejack and Rarity recovered again, but were instantly shocked when they took in the sight of Trixie bleeding for themselves. They forgotten that the showmare was an enemy and quickly ran over to her side.

Amy fought Rainbow Dash, and she looked behind to see Trixie struggle with her own life "No..." She uttered as she stared in sadness.

Rainbow Dash noted an opening and grinned "Gotcha!!" She then unloaded with a volley of jabs, followed by a high-speed tackle that knocked her onto the ground. From there, she landed hard on Amy's chest while she laid back in pain "Yeah! How do you like that!?"

Raphael was fending off Zasalamel and grew agitated with how he chose to stand in his way of obtaining more of the shards. They circled about while they skirmished, and he noticed Amy at Rainbow Dash's mercy. He could not contain his worry for Amy's sake, nor his building rage. Raphael growled and mustered enough Zasalamel to knock him down and roared out a battlecry as he made for Rainbow Dash, his former traits of his graceful demeanor vanished.

Rainbow Dash noted that Amy was stunned long enough for her to save Twilight from Trixie, but she only turned to see an angry Raphael as he quickly approached her and stabbed her in her left wing, causing her to shout in pain. But he did not stop there, he silenced her cries by firmly choking her neck with his right hand, forcing her to the ground on her back as he slowly twisted his blade into her left wing with ire in his eyes "You...You winged filth!! You incorrigible wretch!!" He spat venomously as he tightened his grip on the choking pegasus. Raphael would not let anything come between him and Amy, especially if they cause her harm.

Pinkie gasped in horror "Dashie!!!" She quickly galloped over and went to stop Raphael, only to be kicked away in the stomach by him.

The vampire hissed vehemently with Rainbow Dash in his grasp "You stay out of this!!" He went back to making the cyan pegasus suffer before finally killing her. However, he did not expect to be gripped and tossed away by the blade of a scythe.

Zasalamel grunted and slammed his scythe onto the floor with Raphael in tow, the vampire feeling the full extent of the blow. While he was knocked down, two shards flew out of his armor and bounced along the floor. The cloaked man noticed and flung Raphael away to gather them for himself.

Raphael went to pick himself up, but he was then piled on by a comically angered Pinkie as she stood on his back "Take that, you big meanie pants!!" She was then lifted, and saw that as a signal to hop away and avoid any attack the vampire had in store.

Strangely, the only thing he had done was catch his breath and quickly run towards Amy. He checked to see if Rainbow Dash had caused any severe damage to her, but was happy to see that she was recovering again. Amy smiled up at her father before she turned to Trixie "Trixie..."

Raphael looked over as well and growled before he held Amy tight and booked it over as he unsheathed his blade and coaxed Applejack and Rarity into backing away "Don't come any closer! Any of you!!" He sheathed his blade and carefully picked up the unicorn he despised before he hopped up to a nearby window on the upper reaches with incredible strength. Raphael shot a glare down at the group "This isn't over!! You shall rue this day, you bothersome insects!" He yelled as he broke through the window and jumped out with both Amy and Trixie in his arms.

Zasalamel looked up at the broken window before he sighed to himself "We're victorious...for now..." He looked over at Quick Work and gave a curt nod to his services, to which the shaded pony returned.

Applejack and Rarity helped Twilight up, and then heard Pinkie call out to them "Everypony!! Dashie's in trouble!!" At that, they rushed over to her side.

Rarity gasped when she gathered with the others "Oh my goodness!! Rainbow Dash, your wing!!"

Rainbow Dash coughed as she caught her breath, and then she grunted in pain as she looked over to her left wing. The sight of the gaping hole in one of her wings was enough to set her off into a yell "NOOOOOOOO!!!"

End of Chapter 28