• Published 26th Jun 2013
  • 551 Views, 6 Comments

The Pegasus Miracle - Clepto



A tragic event that hospitalizes Rainbow Dash could be just what she needs to find what she really wants.

  • ...
5
 6
 551

False Dreams

“Great job, Dashie! I’m so proud of you! I knew you were going to get into the Wonderbolts, because you’re so awesomazing and spectacular!” Pinkie said, very enthusiastically. Today was Rainbow Dash’s “Congratulations on Becoming a Wonderbolt” party. This was the best moment of her life.

She was now the newest member of the Wonderbolts, and all of her friends were at a party to congratulate her. She couldn’t be happier, finally she had reached her goal, and to top that off, she was surrounded by five of the coolest ponies in her life.

There was a giant Wonderbolts themed cake there, as well as punch and other treats you would expect to have at a party. What Rainbow Dash wasn’t counting on was a surprise guest appearance by none other than her lifelong idol.

As everyone was mingling and talking amongst each other, a yellow pegasus with a mane that looked like nothing short of fire walked in the room. No one recognized her at first, none of them ever having seen her without her uniform on. However, there was one mare that knew exactly who she was, and instantly lost her composure.

Even though Rainbow Dash was now a Wonderbolt herself, she still saw Spitfire as a pony whom was everything she wanted to be, and whom she could one day rise up to Spitfire’s status. Spitfire was still the pony that Rainbow Dash looked up to most.

Spitfire approached Rainbow Dash and greeted her; however, there was not a smile upon her face, no congratulatory hoofbump, or anything of the sort. There was only a look of what seemed to be disappointment.

“Rainbow Dash, usually I would send a letter for these sort of things, but I felt like I should do it in person this time.” Spitfire said, almost regrettably.

“What’s wrong? Did something happen to one of the other flyers?” Rainbow asked, running through every possible scenario in her head.

“No... you see... we made a mistake, Dash. There’s no easy way to say this, but we shouldn’t have picked you for the team, I’m sorry, but... you’re no longer a Wonderbolt.” Spitfire explained to Rainbow Dash.

Her world was spinning. The room the party was in began to collapse, opening to nothing but a never ending black void. Her friends that were surrounding her began to simply vanish one by one. Until Spitfire and herself were the only two ponies left in her universe.

At first her and Spitfire were the same size, but suddenly, Spitfire began to grow. Rainbow Dash wasn’t sure whether she was shrinking or Spitfire was growing. Spitfire began chasing Rainbow Dash, she could barely stay ahead of her because of the size difference.

After what seemed like hours of running, Spitfire had caught up to her and lifted her mighty hoof. Rainbow Dash was now quivering in fear underneath Spitfire, whom was laughing maniacally. She brought down her hoof with unimaginable force right where Rainbow Dash was sitting.

Rainbow Dash awoke in her cloud be in a very intense sweat, screaming cries of fear. She then realized that it was all a dream, and none of that really happened. She breathed a sigh of relief, and then remembered what really had happened the day prior; the dream may have been fake, but she still was denied her spot in the Wonderbolts because she just wasn’t good enough.

She looked at the clock and it was almost noon. She was supposed to be awake at six in the morning to begin her weather duties for the day, but, right now, she didn’t care about her work... She didn’t care about anything. All she wanted was to just hide away, hide where no one could ridicule her about how she was a failure.

She laid back down in bed, but could not fall back asleep, so she was doomed to just lie there with nothing but her thoughts of how everyone would reject her now. She was indeed the biggest loser she’d ever known. Surely no one would ever want to be her friend again.

“There has to be something I can do, something I can do to make this all stop.” She thought to herself. “Maybe if I ran away, I could start a new life like I did before?” She toyed with that thought and it pleased her, but she just couldn’t find the strength to leave.

“No, I can’t do that again, it was too hard last time.” She argued against herself. There had to be an easier way to just make this all go away. She just couldn’t handle this anymore, everything that had happened to her was too much. She’d been rejected by all the ponies she looked up to most in life. First her parents, now the Wonderbolts. She truly had nothing left to live for.

That’s when it hit her: she had nothing to live for, so why did she need to live at all?

Comments ( 5 )

they could be anywhere from about 800 - 3,000 words long.

chapter 2
>728 words

you lied to me:ajbemused:

2778744

I apologize, but I did say "about", so there is a little room for leeway.

2778747
god damn system loopholes

2778752

haha, I'll try to stay away from those in the future.

2779016

I'm not really going off of real world logic. She's hit plenty of things super hard in the show and been fine.

Login or register to comment