• Published 25th Jun 2013
  • 613 Views, 16 Comments

Royal Derp - Probably Terrible



Derpy Hooves always knew she was special, and she never thought much of it, she progressed through life like anypony else. That is, until Celestia decided to show just how special she was.

  • ...
6
 16
 613

A new day

Derpy stood at her doorstep, letting the wind ruffle the feathers on her wings, and blow her flowing hair. She had a lot on her mind, not only did she need to reveal herself to Ponyville, but she and Celestia had plans as well. She took a deep breath, and trotted down the steps and turned onto the road, which was surprisingly quiet. A moment later, Lyra popped out of the bushes. "Oh! Hi Lyra." Derpy said, startled.
"Bon bon and I spent 1000 bits to rent a space where we can present, the mighty alicorn! Derpy hooves!" Lyra said, bouncing up once then beckoning Derpy to come on. Derpy followed the energetic brightly-colored unicorn around a large, chattering crowd. Then she nudged her onto a stage, where Bon bon had been saying something about presenting something.
"Okay, Ladies and Gentlecolts, I present to you, my good friend, and honest to goodness alicorn, Derpy hooves!" Bon bon said, looking over at the crowd.
The crowd gasped as they heard the name. The clumsy mailmare? Why her? "She delivers my mail!" Called one stallion, waving his hoof in the air.
Derpy poked her head out from the curtain, her long and majestic horn proving she was an alicorn. She took a deep breath then finally revealed herself. The huge crowd gasped and began to cheer. Soon they chanted, "Do some magic! Do some magic!" Derpy stepped forwards, preparing to levitate an object nearby. She did and the crowd gasped, a regular mailmare became an alicorn? Soon to be a ruler of an unknown land?! "How amazing!" A few ponies said, their jaws dropping.
"Thank you all for coming! I must really get to Canterlot!" Derpy said, preparing to take off. She put on her crown, winked and took off into the wide blue sky.
"Welcome, Derpy, how are you?" Celestia asked the gray alicorn.
"Lovely, and you?" Derpy asked.
"I'm good, let's get to business." Celestia said, holding out the second map that she had kept for herself.
"Are we going to be naming it today?" Derpy asked, having thought up a name earlier.
"Yes, silly filly, of course we will." Celestia said, chuckling.
"Sweet!" Exclaimed Derpy, excited that she would be able to do the honor of naming her very own kingdom!
"What shall it be named?" Asked Celestia, levitating a quill and some paper.
Derpy thought a moment, reconsidering this morning's thoughts. "Muffinlandia!" She cried.
"Okay... I thought as much, since I know you like muffins. I actually tried my hoof at baking today, as a little welcome to being a ruler gift." Celestia said, chuckling. She pulled out a small plate of muffins, slightly burnt, but still tasty-looking.
"Mmm! Looks yummy!" Derpy said, grinning at the Princess. She levitated a muffin, than put the whole thing in her mouth, grinning and forgetting her manners."Heh heh." Derpy said, wiping her mouth with a nearby handkerchief.
"Alright, Derpy, are you ready for the most important part of earning a kingdom?" Celestia asked. "Well, besides learning about how to do it and all that." Celestia added. "We're going to tour your kingdom." Celestia said, finishing what Derpy had been dying to hear.
"Yay!" She cried, jumping up into the air.

Author's Note:

Cliff hangers! AHAHAHAHAHA!

Comments ( 6 )

MY WAITING TIME FOR NO MORE THAN 600 WORDS?!? PREPARE TO BE FOUND MR.AUTHOR MAN!... it was good but it could have been longer.:raritydespair:

2788991 I wanted a cliffhanger, I made a cliffhanger. Next chaper will be longer X3. And that's Ms.Author lady to you!

2791233 WELL MS.AUTHORETTE LADY! thank you...:rainbowkiss:

I see you haven't updated in a while, so I made you a cover picture for this in the hopes that it might motivate you to write more.

fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/307/3/c/princess_derpy_by_shiranuishiningstar-d6sw5ro.jpg

Well... That was short:applejackunsure:

Login or register to comment