• Published 23rd Jun 2013
  • 768 Views, 22 Comments

Equestrian Darkness - Arreis Of Avalon



How did Luna become Nightmare Moon? Was it really connected to Discord? How did Tia manage to use the Elements of Harmony against her sister with only her elements? All that and more is answered in this, "Equestrian Darkness".

  • ...
0
 22
 768

Epilogue: The Game Has Begun

Discord sat in his caves, the book he had taken from the castle open on the floor. In front of him were 6 figures, made of clay. Each of them had distinct designs, each better than the last.

The first had been designed based on his own cotton candy clouds. She would be wild and crazy, and would always know how to laugh. Yet, in times of trouble, she would dwell deep in her own mind, the cotton candy mane falling straight as her own depth confounded even her. The cutie mark he had etched into her flank, 3 balloons, represented her need to smile. She would be an easy game piece.

The second was a country pony, complete with a hat and freckles. She was simple and collected, strong and rough. She hardly knew the meaning of the word ‘lie’. Her cutie mark was 3 apples, representing her simple nature and honest mind. Seeing as Discord knew how to use lies and trickery to his advantage, she would be a simple game piece to finish off.

Next was a speed demon. Shaped with Pegasus wings to show her free spirit, the mare would be absolutely loyal to her friends. With the cutie mark of a lightning bolt, it showed her speed. She would be quick to her friends aid… Yes, he could use that to his advantage easily.

Next was a peculiar one, but lovely as well. One of his finest creations, and quite possibly the most beautiful, her every aspect screamed ‘clean pristine queen’. Her heart was beautiful, but moreover, it would be generous. She would spread her beauty to others through her own. Still, beauty attracts other beauty… what better use of a mirror image to make this piece crumble?

He turned to the 5th in line… yes, she would cause him the most trouble, he saw. Shy and timid, she wouldn’t be able to defend herself easily, meaning that she would know this herself. She would always be prepared, just because of the fact that she would never be. This twisted logic twirled even his chaotic mind. He would have to see, on this one. She may just be his undoing.

Finally he reached the last in his line of creations, the 6th. She was his greatest achievement. She would assess and adapt to any life style, any birthing and any circumstance. She would take the throne he had lost long ago, and when the time was right, he would work through her to create his shining world of chaos once more. She would know that her magic powers came from her friendship…

Yes, he thought. Friendship… he would become their friend. He would be one of them – he could wear the mask of friendship well. After all, hadn’t he tricked Celestia into trusting him?

He glanced at each pony in turn, one for each Element. They would do the job perfectly… and Celestia would never connect the dots.

He smiled to himself. The game of Puppet and Puppeteer had begun, and only he knew who really pulled the strings.

Author's Note:

Who is pulling the strings, truly? Is it Discord? Is it Celestia?... Is it me, the writer?...
Or even you, the Reader?
Only time will tell, puppets... only time will tell~

Comments ( 15 )

I hope you all enjoyed the story... and.. yes. More is to come. ^^;; Just as soon as i learn how to make a sequel on this site~

Discord seems to be a lot like Darth Plagueis in this story.

2792502 I... don't actually know who that is. :derpytongue2:

2792506 guy from Star Wars, made life, then said life bit him in the butt.

2792815 I disagree completely. I see Discord as just that: The God of Chaos. He needs no reason to be evil, just for the sheer fact that he loves it. He doesn't think that life bit him in the butt; he just thinks he lost a mere game. Still, he has his puppets to control, just as all manipulators in our lives do. Of course, this is my personal opinion.

Well either way its a great story and I hope to see more of it

Been thinking about re-writing this when I have the time. Maybe just adding/editing some stuff in the chapters.

4807358 It's a shame you won't give others stories a try. ^^ Oh well. I hope you enjoy everything else you read. (I, personally, love Discord as a true evil villain, and not the hokey comedian the show made him out to be.)

So this was one of your earlier writings? Not bad. makes you question things a little.

Off topic. You read background pony yet?

6577207 This is actually my EARLIEST writing, the very first fanfiction I've written. I might do a re-write one day.
Also, never read Backgroud Pony

Finally got around to reading this story. Here's my criticism.
The story moves forward a little fast. The characters are a little underdeveloped, and the fast pace makes Luna seem like nothing.
Honestly, though, you got a like from me because of this last chapter. This chapter really shows how Discord is sometimes the puppeteer. And it fits within the canon story, as it raises questions in Season 4 and 5, is Discord evil still or is he truly reformed

Yes, he thought. Friendship… he would become their friend. He would be one of them – he could wear the mask of friendship well. After all, hadn’t he tricked Celestia into trusting him?

Perfect.

Edit: WHY haven't you finished the sequel yet?

7065204 I agree completely with your criticisms! This was my baby fanfiction, so yeah, it took awhile. Also, xD I haven't finished the sequel because honestly, it dropped off my radar, and it sorta felt like it wasn't even good? Like, it sort of went places I never imagined it would, and now it's there and I have NO idea how to finish it. I should really start working on it again; I guess I just got so caught up in other fics (Namely Miss Sparkle).

7065229 Well this is a brand new concept, so it might be worth picking up again. Just a thought. I've read through your other stuff and it's grown better!

7065238 You're welcome. Now to get back to reading 120 completed stories...
(aka 3000+chapters)

Login or register to comment