• Published 23rd Jun 2013
  • 768 Views, 22 Comments

Equestrian Darkness - Arreis Of Avalon



How did Luna become Nightmare Moon? Was it really connected to Discord? How did Tia manage to use the Elements of Harmony against her sister with only her elements? All that and more is answered in this, "Equestrian Darkness".

  • ...
0
 22
 768

Celestia's Concern

Princess Celestia had awoken some hours earlier to raise the sun. Now, at what she presumed to be midday, she went to check on her Sister Luna. ‘Maybe today she will be feeling better’ Celestia thought. As Celestia neared Luna’s door, she thought she heard something. Could it possibly be… crying? She knocked on her sister’s door. “Luna, are you up yet?”She asked. The crying stopped. When the being inside spoke, it did not sound like her sister. Or, at least, not quite her sisters voice. There was a touch of something in her sister’s voice that Celestia had only heard a few times. The last time her voice had held this emotion, they had been about to face Discord. It was the touch of fear in Luna’s voice that scared Princess Celestia.

“Y-yes, Tia. I‘m up,” the voice inside said. “I- I’m feeling a little sick today, sister. I think I- I’m just going to lie down…” Celestia frowned.

“Are you sure you’re alright, Luna? Should I send for Nurse -“

“No!” Celestia recoiled, as though she had been struck. That was defiantly not her sister.

“Who are you,” she asked the being who had replaced her sisters place, “And what have you done to Luna?”

“I- I’m your sister, Tia! I am Luna!” The trace of fear in her voice was gone now. All that was left was something else that Celestia had thought was all but gone in Equestria. Chaos. Panic.

Celestia decided to play along with who she believed was her sister now. “Ok, Luna. I’m sorry. Your voice sounds different, no doubt from your cold. I will take over your duties for today. I hope you feel better.”

“Thank you, Tia.”

As Celestia walked away, Luna sighed. She turned to stare at her newly found cutie mark, a Moon, signifying her fate to come. Tia must have known something was wrong. She was a foal, never investigating what needed to be looked into. Luna sat on her bed and cried helplessly. ‘Why won’t anypony help me?

Author's Note:

Short chapters, sorry. ^^;; I love writing, and I began writing this when i first got into writing. So, expect short chapters and a bit of confusing grammar. Also, the story goes REALLY fast. I still haven't quite learned how to pace myself. ^^;;