• Published 24th Jun 2013
  • 2,185 Views, 22 Comments

Warframe: Weaponized Wubs - eles74



After a mishap with sabotaging a reactor core on a Grineer ship, Sonic Boom and her team had to go into cryo to survive. They don't know where they woke up.

  • ...
8
 22
 2,185

New Allies

Vinyl Scratch and Octavia led me through the primitive town. The sun was beginning to set, so there were few of the residence outside. Nonetheless, we got the occasional glance, but it seemed as if they saw nothing out of the ordinary.

"Am I the first of my kind to be on this planet?" I asked the two mares.

"As far as I know, yes you are. Why do you ask?" Octavia responded.

"It just seems like the townsfolk are used to an unknown creature walking through the middle of street."

"We are headed in the direction Twi's house, so..." Vinyl said matter-of-factually.

"I take it she has to do with the stranger things in town?" I said.

"She is the princess' student, so Ponyville doesn't really question anything when she's involved." Vinyl said with a shrug.

The rest of our walk was in silence. Within a few minutes, we arrived at a large, literal, tree house. It was a hollowed out tree with windows and a small red door. It had an observation deck near the top, with a telescope, that was pointed in the direction we came from. "Here we are." Vinyl said.

She knocked on the door with her fore hoof. "Hey Twi! We've got something to show you!"

"Spike! Could you get the door?" A muffled voice came from inside.

The door opened and a small purple reptile was standing in the entrance. He shouted over his shoulder, "It's Vinyl, Octavia, and I'm assuming, the thing they want to show you!"

"Let them in!" The voice shouted from upstairs, "I'll be right down!" A loud crashing noise came from upstairs, followed by a clopping sound headed towards the stairs. The reptile, Spike, lead us into a common room, with some chairs and a couch. I used my sonar to get the layout of the building, see any possible threats, and find out what the noise was. It was a pile of books that had fallen near a bed. This time, I saw Vinyl's ears perk up the moment the pulse passed over her.

"What was that pinging noise?" She asked looking at me, "Cause it's the same ping I heard when we were walking over to you."

"Oh, you heard that?" I was surprised that she took notice of the sonar, "That's a pretty good set of ears you've got there. The ping was my sonar, I just wanted to get the layout of the building." Of course, I left out the 'possible threats' part.

"That's pretty cool." She said.

"What's pretty cool?" Twilight asked coming down the stairs. Twilight was a purple unicorn, with a dark purple mane that had a light purple highlight near the middle. Her jaw hit the floor as soon as she saw me next to Vinyl and Octavia.

Once Twilight recovered from the initial shock of seeing a new creature, she lost it...
"What is it? Can it speak? What are those things on its sides?" She must have meant my Vipers, "Is it male of female? Does its species even have a distinction between genders? Why is its head shaped like that? Is it-" her lips kept moving, but she went silent, thanks to a little trick of mine. It took about four seconds of silence for her to realize that she was silenced. She had a confused look on her face for a moment. Then her horn began to glow a pinkish purple and she tried speaking again. "Did you just mute me with magic?"

"No, no magic, just a lot of messing with the sound waves that came from your mouth."

"So you can speak!"

"Would you expect less from a being that can manipulate sonic energy? By the way, just so that I know I can last on this planet, what's the atmosphere's composition?" I had almost forgotten that my frame could only sustain me for so long without oxygen.

"Lots of different gases, like nitrogen, oxygen-"

"That's all I needed to know." I said switching off my reserve.

"I wanted to ask, why do you have swords and a bow?" Twilight brought up the subject that had to sooner or later.

"I'll explain that to the best of my ability. Before I do though, did you see any objects falling from the sky last night?"

"Yes, I saw four. It seemed that they all landed around Ponyville. Hey! Was that you?" She caught on finally.

"Thank the Creators, they must have made it." I said to myself with a sigh of relief.

"Who made it?" Twilight asked.

"She is part of a team." Octavia answered for me.

Just then, there was a knocking on the door. You'll never guess who was there. The door handle glowed with that same purple glow as Twilight's horn and opened, and it was, of course, a pony with wings. It was a pegasus, if my memory served right. It was cyan with a multi colored mane. "Twilight! You'll never guess what I found under my house!" She said with a slightly tomboyish voice.

"10 bits says it's this chicks teammate!" Vinyl said, raising a fore hoof, with a smirk on her face. Octavia rolled her eyes.

"Nano, how many times have I told you that you can't hide from sonar that easily." I said after using said ability.

"Aw, but Sonic, there are others here that didn't see me. You killed the surprise, again." Nano Spark said with a sigh, appearing behind Octavia and Vinyl.

"Ah!" Octavia was startled by the stealthy Tenno. The pegasus and Vinyl laughed at the reaction, as Octavia gave Vinyl a small pouch of what I could only assume was 10 bits.

Once the pegasus recovered, she said, "Hey, you must be Nano's teammate. I'm Rainbow Dash."

"Oh, I haven't even told you two my name yet, Sonic Boom." How could I have forgotten to tell the first two individuals that I meet on this planet, my name. "So, Nano, have you seen or heard from Raider or Zero yet?"

"Not yet, but I have a feeling they shouldn't be long now. From what Dash has told me, two of her friends went to check out a 'meteorite' landing zone." Nano was always good about getting info, be it by force, or even just asking (while holding a glaive at the throat).

"Well that would be at least one of them." I said with a sigh, "We'll wait for one, then go look for the other."

For at least a second time that evening, the door knocked on queue. "Come in!" Twilight shouted. The door opened and two more equines came into view, this time, a white unicorn with a purple mane, and a light yellow pegasus with a light pink mane covering a bit of her face. By this point I noticed a similarity between the females, the facial structure was rounder than the males. Not much to anyone's surprise, standing next to the two ponies, was a Tenno agent.

"Looks like I'm not the first one found," Sub-Zero said, "it's good to see you two made it out of that ship."

"Hello everypony." The white unicorn said.

"Hi Rarity, hey Fluttershy." Rainbow Dash said waving her hoof.

While the ponies talked amongst themselves, the three of us needed a plan to find Rock Raider... or not...

The door opened with an orange pony with a blonde mane and Stetson hat, next to a fairly large frame. "Twi-" the orange pony with a 'country' accent stopped herself as soon as she saw the large amount of people (well, mostly ponies) gathered in the library. "I think you're team is already here." She said to Raider.

"Looks like it." He said.

“Thanks for finding him.” I Said, “You just saved us some time.”

“Not a problem. Name’s Applejack.” The orange mare said with a smile

"Well then, now that we're all here, time to exchange questions and answers" Zero said.

"Let's start with names," Twilight suggested simply, "I'm Twilight Sparkle, and this is Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Vinyl Scratch, and Octavia." She pointed a hoof to each of the ponies in the room, only, she pointed behind the couch when she said Fluttershy.

"Nice to meet you all." And now, my turn, "I'm Sonic Boom. This here is Sub-Zero, Rock Raider, and... Nano Spark, what are you doing?" I said, looking over at the blurry outline creeping up on the couch.

"Come on!" Nano whined reappearing, "We might be on another planet, but could you at least let me have some fun?" When he appeared, Fluttershy was backing up from behind the couch with a scared expression on her face.

With a sigh, I continued, entering info-dumping mode, "Anyways, the suits, or frames, we have on are know as Banshee, Frost, Rhino, and Loki. Our race is known as humans. We are divided into factions, we are the Tenno, the other factions are known as the Grineer and Corpus. I'll get to them later. You're all probably wondering why we're armed." I said, putting my hand on my short Skana. "Well, that's because we're at war with the Grineer, Corpus, and the T-Cyte Infestation; the preferably avoided kind of infestation."

"Why are you at war?" Octavia asked.

"Corpus leaders are frame collectors and illegal arms dealers, and Grineer are led by a few spoiled queens who want an empire under their rule." I went on for another fifteen minutes about how things work in the Origin System, answering the occasional question from the group of ponies. I had left out the fact that the Tenno are hunted by the Stalker for reasons that were unclear. I finished dumping my info, finally. It was dark outside.

"Ah think ah should get back to Sweet Apple Acres, it was nice meetin' y'all." Applejack said with a yawn, and she left.

"It is getting late. I'll bring Fluttershy to her cottage and head home. Goodnight." Rarity said bringing the yellow pegasus.

"G'night all!" Vinyl said, leaving with Octavia. Once only Twilight and my team lingered, she looked over to us.

"I have a guest room with a few beds if you want." She said. "I'm going to send a letter to the princess in the morning."

"How are you so trusting of us, even after Sonic just explained what kind of people we are?" Zero said.

"From what I've learned this evening, I feel the need to help." Was all she said before she left us

"Finally, some actual sleep." Raider said, as he lay down on the couch.

Author's Note:

FINALLY!
So, school started, and it's not that bad this semester. So I'll try to keep on a bit more of a schedule. Let's say, bi-weekly. Hopefully, at most.
Here is an update on J3-Golem: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/File:Update12Image(8).png
That is one big mofo...
Also, I'm finally getting better about longer chapters; almost 2k for this one


EDIT: GAWD DAYUM! school is not easy... Sorry the next chapter is taking soooo long. League season is also ending soon, so that's been taking more some time as well. I will do my best to get it up sometime this weekend.