• Published 24th Jun 2013
  • 2,185 Views, 22 Comments

Warframe: Weaponized Wubs - eles74



After a mishap with sabotaging a reactor core on a Grineer ship, Sonic Boom and her team had to go into cryo to survive. They don't know where they woke up.

  • ...
8
 22
 2,185

Sabotage

It all started on that ship...

"Your mission is simple; find the reactor core of the ship, and destroy it. That should help starve out the Corpus outpost on Pluto." Lotus' transmission ended with the usual "Good luck."

"She knows we don't exactly need luck, right?" Nano Spark, the Loki operator, said.

"Well, we never know when there could be a fusion MOA" Sub Zero, the Frost operator, said in reply.

"The MOAs are easy, it's the leaches I'd love to see gone" Rock Raider, the Rhino operator, added.

"Guys, we've got a job to do, so let's just get to it" I chimed in. "Nano, check out what kind of resistance we've got"

"On it." He said, turning invisible. After a few moments of silence, he reappeared. "Well then, this'll be an easy one. There are 3 crewmen with prods and about 5 or 6 shockwave MOAs."

"Really?" Zero said, genuinely surprised. "I was expecting at least a sniper or railgun MOA."

"Oh, and one more thing," Nano mentioned.

"Unauthorized life forms detected," a female voice came from the speakers on the ceiling, "please get to a safe area until the threat is eliminated"

We all looked at Nano, "...there may have been a fusion MOA I wanted to get rid of." He finished.

"Well, there goes the stealthy approach" I said, rather annoyed. "Let's just get this over with."

With that, we stacked up at the door and I silenced all of us. Rock stepped in front of the door to open it. Due to my silence, the Corpus crewmen didn't hear the door open. They were on alert, but didn't know where they had to watch for us. I lined up an arrow from my Paris as Nano charged his glaive and Zero took aim with his kunai. I nodded giving the signal to take out the crewmen. All of our weapons found their marks, but now the MOAs were alerted to our presence. They ran in our general direction looking for where the threat was. My silence was still in effect, so Rock readied his Hek, the most powerful shotgun the Tenno knew of.

"Time to blast these suckers to the void." Rock said charging his iron skin ability. The MOAs finally found us, and the Rhino engaged without hesitation. He sprinted at the MOAs, that were charging their shockwaves. Only one MOA remained after the shotgun tore through the MOAs' armor with ease. Its shockwave pushed Rock back a little, but knocked me and Nano to the ground. With a quick movement of his arm, Zero froze the MOA and sliced it in half with his Reaper. All that remained of the robot was a pile of frozen circuits and metal.

Our first problem was out of the way, now we had to get to the lower levels of the ship and find the reactor. The resistance we faced was no challenge for our skills and abilities, though there was one thing that conserned me; the lack of officers on the ship. Normally, there are a few tech officers supporting their crew, but this time, it seemed like there had been nothing in charge of the ship.

"Where are the officers?" I asked

"Not a clue," Zero answered, "Are you getting that same feeling?"

"The one where this mission is going to somehow go wrong?" Nano said.

"That's what I'm starting to feel too" Rock added.

"Tenno, I'm picking up a faint bio signiture." Lotus said, warning us of a possible infection, "Keep your eyes and ears open."

"Well, this mission just got interesting." Nano said in his usual cocky tone.

As we fought our way to the elevator that lead to the reactor level, I heard a crewman laugh quietly, muffled by both the sound of gunfire and his helmet. 'How could they think that there is something down there, that's that dangerous for a team of fully armed Tenno?' I thought.

The doors opened into a dark room, covered in what looked like tumours or worms of some sort. We heard a strange growl, that sounded like whatever made the sound, was choking on something. A leaper jumped at Sub Zero, only to be frozen and shattered by a round from his Latron. "Looks like this thing has been here a while if it spread this much." He said, wiping the blood from his frame.

"You're right" Rock said, "we should take out that reactor, fast"

As we kept running and gunning as chargers and runners came after us, we arrived in the room with the reactor. "There it is, destroy it and get to extraction" Lotus ordered.

With a powerful swing of Fragor, Rock destroyed the reactor, cutting most of the power on the ship instantly.

Our HUDs lit up with the red words all Tenno have grown to dislike; ship integrity compromised, hull will fail in : ~1 minute.

"How the hell do get out in a minute!" Nano yelled, "Extraction is almost 5 minutes by running!"

"I may have an idea." I said looking into the room beyond the reactor. It had empty cryopods. "Get in one have a nice nap. These things can survive pretty much anything."

"Are you sure about this Sonic?" Rock asked, hoping he had heard me wrong.

"Either this or we freeze in space, after being burned or ripped apart by them." I said nodding my head behind us.

"Fine, but if I don't wake up, I'll kill you." Rock gave in.

We all got in our pods, and sealed ourselves in. Then everything went dark.

Author's Note:

I may split a few chapters into parts for each Tenno p.o.v.
So, Rock hates cryo, but other than Zero, who likes it?

GEAR:
Sonic: Paris, Twin Vipers, Dual Ether
Nano: Braton, Sicarus, Glaive
Sub: Latron, Kunai, Reaper
Rhino: Hek, Lex, Fragor

The gear i chose is based on the most common load outs I saw while playing.