• Published 7th Jun 2013
  • 820 Views, 21 Comments

Impossible - Neiha



I'm a levelheaded person. I'm not easily taken out of my element. Waking up in a forest I never remembered going into was one thing that took me aback, but what hit harder was learning where I actually was.

  • ...
8
 21
 820

Chapter 3: Actively Waiting

It was my mistakes. All of them. They just played over and over as I sat watching them happen. All the pain and regret that came with failure hit my core. I knew it was a dream but it didn't change what was happening or the fact that it was my past. Lost friends, crumbled relationships, spited loved ones, personal failures; they all revisited me with a vengeance. It then came to my two largest regrets.

The first had started this dream but it was only the one time. It was my high school years again, my senior year specifically, and I was running. I was a sprinter and I was good. Typically I liked to be lazy, lounging around and goofing off. When it came to running, it was different. I was hard set and determined to better myself and push my limits. By senior year, I was the team's best sprinter and had a scholarship that would let me pay my own way into my dream school. I was prepping for the start of the season. My coach had told me to work on my stride and acceleration in the off-season and that's what I was set on doing. I had made myself some hurdles and made found a good stretch in the abandoned field for me to practice my form. The distances were measured, the heights were set and I was going through my routine. Dan and Chris were there as my spotters. Chris was a great Half-Back and Dan spent a fair share of time as a medium distance runner so they would give me pointers on my training routine. I had done maybe three repetitions before they stopped me.

This is where it began.

"You look great out there but you're too comfortable," said Chris.

"He's right. You're not challenging yourself enough," Dan added "I think you should adjust the distances."

"Just up the speed! Don't mess with your stride!" I tried to scream at myself but instead I heard myself say "Yeah, I'm really not feeling anything. Let's fix the intervals."

"Here, we got it," Dan offered nudging Chris to join in.

I shrugged, "Sure. I'll do some 50 meter sprints to stay warmed up."

They went to fix up my improvised running track as I dropped into my running stance. I set my hands down on the ground just above my shoulders and shifted my weight onto the balls of my feet. 'Ready.' I straightened my legs and leveled my head to view the stretch in front of me. I kept my muscles prepped but relaxed as I rocked m weight, ever so slightly, back and forth. 'Set.' I pushed my weight more forward in my rocking motion as I prepared to launch myself. I brought my weight back again as I used the momentum to dig my feet into their starting position while I bent my legs and coiled the muscles within. 'Go!' I was off.

The rhythmic pounding of my feet and steady swing of my arms paired so naturally with my heavy breath and surge of adrenaline. This rush was my drug and I was an addict. Every moment of this was a euphoric reminder of what it was like to be alive. I relished every second of it. The trade-off was that the more intense the sensation, the quicker it came to a close. This was especially brief but I quickly set in to repeat my performance.

This time I was met with an unpleasant tugging sensation on my last step. I would later find out that on my deceleration had lead me to roll my left ankle, hyper extending a tendon in my foot. Caught up as I was in my practice, I thought it was just a bad landing. A mark of bad form and frustrating, but not serious. "Yes! It IS serious! Call it a day. Quit while you're ahead and recover!" I shouted to myself in a drowned silence and to no avail. I couldn't change the past but I still needed to try. My brothers had finished their set up and I walked up to my starting point.

"Alright, it's set up so that the intervals are constant but the distances are longer than before. Keep your eyes open and use the first stretch to set your stride," Dan instructed.

"Be aware of the difference and keep your eyes open," Chris added. "You need to be able to react to changes as they happen."

I nodded back to them and dropped once again into my stance. The only difference was that feeling in my foot. "Stop it now! You have time, don't push this!" I continued pointlessly. I readjusted my stance and the pesky little nuisance went away. 'Ready.' "No!" 'Set.' "Don't" 'Go!' Stop! I was off.

The first hurdle was a ways out but it felt my stride matching up with the length before me. I leaped over the first hurdle with only the slightest correction. After that I was perfect, I cleared every jump cleanly and solidly, until the last leap.

I had been to caught up in my rhythm to notice the slightly increased distance in the last hurdle. It was no more than a half-stride further but it was enough. I jumped too early and on my decent my lead foot caught the top of the hurdle. I had taken falls before but this one caught me by surprise. I had continued to pull my other leg up over the hurdle and the result meant I had no leg to land on. I thought quickly to try and save myself from a face plant. "Roll into it! Take the fall!" I brought my left leg to land but it couldn't support my weight and forward momentum. Phantom pain began into flood me as I twisted violently to the right. My ankle emitted a soft snapping noise and I fell into a twisted heap, entwined with the hurdle. There was a surge of piercing pain followed shortly by a dull throbbing pain upon my impact, but just before I started screaming I looked down at my legs and went numb.

My left foot lay limp and failed to respond to my attempts at movement. That wasn't what had my attention however.

My right leg would not be outdone so it decided to partner up with the hurdle and make me a special deal. My leg fell so that it was stuck in between the sidebar and the crossbeam. The fall had put my full weight into the crossbeam and that acted as a fulcrum. The result was that the entirety of my right leg, from the middle of the shin to the sole of my foot, was independent from the rest of my skeleton.

I was in a trance. I could hear only muffled voices, as if they were speaking through miles of cotton, and I could see only blurs and streaks.

I was told later that I had sustained a compound fracture to my right fibula and tibia. My left foot had a torn tendon. I had no idea what that meant and I was too confused to think clearly. I needed to get up and do the run over again. I would do better on the next run for sure.

There was no next run. The breaks were clean and they were set without incident, even the surgery for the tear went off without a hitch. The problem was I could never heal back to my previous condition.

Besides the fact that I had missed months of practice with my recovery time and physical therapy, my bones didn't heal quite right. My leg couldn't take high amounts of pressure without the adds of micro-fractures which would only worsen my condition. The doctors told me I wouldn't be able to run again.

I didn't want to believe them but I came to realize it was just a fact. I lost my scholarship and had to rely on my grades to get my into college. I missed the entire track season and our team fell in ranking. My brothers felt responsible since they had set the hurdles. I tried to tell them that it was my fault but they didn't listen. They always handled me with kit gloves after that.

Let me tell you straight, this isn't a sob story. I fell down and I picked myself back up, nothing special. I missed some opportunities but life goes on. It was my mistake and I lived with it.

That was until my next chapter of torment began.

This, I wouldn't try to correct. This I wouldn't try to watch. This was my life's biggest failing and the consequences were not as simple as losing an opportunity.

This memory was the loss of family, that I could have prevented.

I tried my hardest to force this time from my mind but in these segments of flashback I would never stop all of the images. An evening out, cold air stinging my lungs, a grin from the dark, a flash of a knife, the smell of blood, a stream of tears, one last ragged breath, cold, scared, helpless eyes. I felt all these things flood my memory and I tried my hardest to wake up or to force them away.

After an eternity of struggle they faded and I was surrounded by darkness.

In a flash I found myself in a familiar scene, you might remember.


As Grim prepped the knife and Jester giggled with glee, I caught a noise that neither of them seemed to, Jester was caught up in himself and Grim savored the look of the rabbit held helpless by the trap. Grim saw a look of desperation from that rabbit that I had never seen in my life.

That noise though, it was a quick swish of a trap followed by what I could've sworn was a brief high pitched but soft spoken squeal. It was enough for me to mention it to my boys to make them aware. Jester was overjoyed and went off to the nearest trap. Grim was annoyed but knew the rabbit wouldn't go anywhere.

The trap was sprung but there was just a line of small flexible branch leading into the bushes. Normally when the trap sprung it would suspend a small animal by it's caught feet in the air but this one was too heavy.

Even Jester laid on the brakes. This had happened with a wolf once before and it did not enjoy our trap.

We edged near the bushes and Grim readied the knife. Jester was ever so cautiously edging us towards the bush until we had reached arms length. Here was the tricky business. We needed to see the animal before we could effectively snap the line.

As we leaned in ever so carefully I heard that squeaky squeal again and I....I....did nothing.

Grim let loose a wicked grin as he parted the bushes to see what looked like a a small yellow equine with a pink mane. I thought to myself how strange this creature looked. It wasn't quite a horse, it was smaller and had wings attached to it for starters. The number one thing I thought however was how strange it was that it could talk.

"Um.....hi," The yellow creature greeted.

I was perplexed but payed no real heed. Jester had found this unbearably hilarious and was splitting his seams inside my skull. Grim was very pleased. He brought my hand with the knife up but it was not set to release the trap.

With a flash the knife was at it's throat and a peep of terror escaped it's lips.

It managed to stutter out, "Pa-pa-please! I don't ma-mean-"

"Shhh. Quiet now little one. We're going to play," uttered Grim in a cruel satire of pity.

"No!" I shouted at him. I would be heard on this and I would let him know my thoughts. "This one can talk."

Grim chuckled darkly, "All the better. I finally have a plaything that can tell me how it feels."

"I said no." I began again as I wrested control to my limbs. "Not this one."

Upset he snarled, "Why? Grown another voice that speaks as your conscience?"

I shook my head slowly, "No, because this one is mine."

Upon this Grim joined Jester's cacophony as I set about to playtime.

I did unspeakable things to that creature, all the while her screams and shrieks of pain and terror echoed through the wood. As the fun wound on, my toy got softer and weaker with it's pleas of mercy until the point that it lay in a huddled heap of it's former self quivering. "Time to end the fun," I spoke as I brought down the knife for the final stroke.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I awoke with a start and threw myself out of the bed. I landed unceremoniously on my ass and scrambled into a corner.

What was that? What did I do? Why did I do that? Why- I had to concentrate hard on stopping the flow of questions. I heaved deeply as I huddled myself more tightly into the fetal position.

It was just a dream. I repeated over and over again to myself in order to calm down. I had experienced the dream before of course but that last part....that last part was new....and it was vivid. It was almost as if it really was a memory like the rest.

I had to throw it from my mind so I continued my inward mantra until I was sufficiently calm enough to gather my thoughts. The whole experience couldn't have been longer than 5 minutes but even after I was calm I was still shaken, I needed a distraction. My stomach provided the perfect opportunity.

I heard the familiar grumbles and felt the pangs of hunger emerge. Hmm, let's see what I can scrounge up for myself. I shifted my thoughts to my pursuit as I surveyed my surroundings. I was still in Fluttershy's cabin. The second floor seemed to be a single room with the intent of keeping a single, albeit very comfortable and spacious, bed. This was where I had slept and my mess from the brief scramble had it in a bit of a disarray. There were two windows, one one either side of the bed, and what seemed to be a small writing area on the left. The chimney seemed to continue up through this room on the off on the right. The whole vibe seemed to give off a simplistic yet cozy atmosphere and it helped to ease my worried mind even further.

"I'd better fix up this mess. Wouldn't want to be an ungracious guest," I mused aloud. I quickly set about to making the bed. It didn't take me very long and I afterwards continued down the stairs to hopefully get some food together. I remembered that Applejack said she would bring something by, so after I made it downstairs I went about looking for said food. I made my way to the small dining/kitchen area off to the right of the stairs and was met by a beautiful aroma. The smell reminded me of days when I was younger and I used to go pick fresh fruit. It was a fresh and sweet smell that redoubled my efforts to find it's source. I turned to a small table in the room to find it. The culprit turned out to be a wrapped basket with a note on it. By this time my stomach had become quite vocal and I the desire to tear into the baskets contents without a second whim was my first idea. I did however look back to the note and corrected my behavior, I could wait an additional 15 seconds.

I opened the page and read it's contents aloud, "Dear Jayson, found you were asleep and I didn't want to wake ya. Not sure what you like to eat so I gave ya a bit of the works. You can bring the basket back whenever yer finished with it. Hope ya enjoy. Applejack." A smile came to my face as I finished reading. It was nice of her to go through the effort of all this. I'm gonna have to repay her somehow. Just as I closed the note, a thought struck me. I quickly opened the note again to look at the words.

There it was all written out like I had just seen, but this time I realized the oddity in front of me: this was English. Totally clean and clear, albeit informal and quickly written, English script. I scratched my head as I thought of how this was possible. I had seen writing in the show, and there was some English here and there if I remember correctly, but seeing it here in front of me, as a reality, made me think on how this was even possible.

I had to shake my head a couple times before I could focus back to the gracious food, but the ideas were left swirling without answers. I didn't see myself coming to any conclusions on my own so I thought of asking Twilight. She was bound to know more about all this than I did......right? In any case I had since redirected my sights to the basket and lifted the lid.

Inside was an assortment of tarts, scones, breads and jams. Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, some berries I couldn't even recognize but looked absolutely enticing, and of course apples were in a wide range of attendance in this menagerie. My eyes widened, my mouth dropped open, and my hands reached out for one of these marvelous treats. I wasn't even sure what I grabbed, but boy oh boy when it reached my mouth I knew I chose right. The delightfully light and fluffy pastry had been filled with a small reserve of complimentary filling and I had a generous helping of that as I chewed away at it. In my hunger, I sadly had devoured a good portion of these treats before I even started to slow down. When I began to slow down I cursed myself for wasting the flavor of such creations. I picked up a final piece of bread and gave it a coating of blackberry jam and began to work my way slowly to it's end crust. This was a decidedly slow process so as to cherish every bite. This may be the near starvation and nostalgic reflection talking, but that was the absolute best set of cooked creations I had ever had.

Caught unexpectedly drowning in an ocean of bliss, I had missed when Fluttershy had walked into the room. "Morning, Sleepyhead." Called her delicate voice.

My reaction was a tad extreme. "JESUS CHRIST AND ALL THAT IS HOLY!" I screamed as I was awakened so suddenly from my trance. My body shot like a up straight as I leaped high enough to bounce my head off the ceiling beam. You could say I was a bit startled.

"Oh! Ohmygosh are you alright? I'm sorry. I scared you again," Fluttershy blurted as she flew over to see if I was, indeed, alright.

My head began to throb and a slight dizziness came over me, "I'm f-fine, Fluttershhhy. Y-ya just caught me off...off...." The dizziness was a bit stronger now. "....guard," My legs then seemed to fade to jello and I slumped to the floor.

"Oh no!" cried Fluttershy. She had immediately set about checking my head for any external injury. "Just take some long deep breaths. I don't see any marks but that bump looked like it hurt."

I glanced towards the ceiling lazily. From my sitting position it looked so far up. Had I really jumped that high? "It's not that bad, I swear. I'm just...just a bit stunned." This was the truth. The throbbing had already dulled, my head seemed to stabilize a bit, and my legs had started listening to me again.

She landed in front of me and lifted a wing out in front of her. "How many feathers am I holding up?" She asked with a look of concern.

"Hmm, didn't know you could do that, and three by the way." I was correct and this made her heave a sigh of relief.

"Thank goodness, I had really hoped I didn't hurt you again. Am I really that scary?" She asked me......with an absolutely straight and worried face.

I lost it. I broke into hysterical laughter. "F-f-Fluttershy. Fluttershy the Big Yellow Meanie! Oh yes, who will possibly help me?" I pleaded to invisible onlookers.

"I'm...I'm sorry. I didn't think I was being mean," Fluttershy stammered out. I saw her eyes start to water.

Goddamn it. Thanks brain, make fun of Fluttershy. Great job I quickly sobered myself. "No you weren't I swear. It was just a bad joke. I'm sorry please don't cry. You've been nicer than I deserve, my terrible luck is just rubbing off on you," I apologized, reaching to the basket and grabbing a remaining tart. "Forgive me?" I offered the tart as a peace treaty.

Fluttershy quickly wiped away her tears and brought a delicate smile to her features. She nodded and took my peace offering. I rose up to my feet and rubbed my head. Well that's a tragedy avoided. Now onto business. I stretched out a bit to get my blood flowing. I have a long to do list and plenty of ponies to thank. As I was stretching I finally took a look at the window.

It was still night.....or it had turned to night.....or...how long had I been out? I hadn't noticed the darkness, well, because it wasn't really that dark. The sky was alight with a dazzling moon and vibrant constellations that illuminated the sky and the surface of this world incredibly well. I used to account this to being away from all the light pollution, what with being in the middle of the woods. I now assumed however that this could have something to do with Luna's nighttime displays. I was unsure exactly but it wasn't terribly important. One thing was however. "Fluttershy, what time is it?"

"Um, I think it's close to 5."

"Wow, that's pretty early. Did I wake you?"

"Yeah, but I'm normally up around now anyways. The bats and owls are going to settle in soon and the early risers are gonna want breakfast."

"Guess it turned out alright then. If you need any help I can lend a hand."

"Hmm? Do you mean 'lend a hoof?'"

"Well I'd offer if I had one but hands are what I'm working with here," I held out my hands and wiggled my fingers back and forth.

"Oh, my bad. No need though, it's not a bother." As she said this I couldn't help but notice she avoided my gaze. It was brief though and she immediately followed with another suggestion. "It's still pretty early but Applejack should be getting up soon as well. Nopony else will be up for awhile so you could probably return the basket without anypony noticing."

"What about Big Mac, Apple Bloom and Granny Smith?" I edged cautiously.

"Ah!" she seemed a bit startled for a moment before continuing. Seems I hadn't quite made clear what I knew about this place. I was going to have to watch that. "Don't worry. AJ likes you fine and I'm sure they will too.".

"That's....not entirely what I'm worried about." I tried to explain.

"Don't worry, they'll treat you fine." She smiled at me with such genuine assurance that I just dropped my worries.

How bad could it possible turn out?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty bad.

I had gotten to the farm without much hassle. Fluttershy told me the way, it wasn't far, and it was a fucking FARM. Really would have been sad if I couldn't find my way to a massive apple orchard.

No, the problem began when I tried to return the basket to the main homestead. I recognized it's outline and made my way to the front door. I then commenced knocking but, after some time I came to the conclusion that no one was available.

Now here's what I should have done. I should have left the basket on the front porch and called it a day. Instead I had the brilliant idea to test and see if the door was open so I could leave it inside. Wouldn't ya guess it, the door was open and I began to find my way to the kitchen. Found it, left the basket, and went back to leave, no problems. That was until I crossed back through what I believe was the living room and heard a very loud, very distinct, very familiar, start yelling.

"BURGAHLUR! BURGAHLUR!" yelled the voice of Granny Smith, whom had apparently been asleep in this very room up until this point.

"No no no no no! I'm not a burglar I'm just-" I hushed trying to explain my stupid justification.

I was interrupted by a charging mass of pony slamming into me and rushing my body into a nearby wall. He came out to be just under my own height but to say that he was well muscled would be an understatement. I wouldn't be surprised if every ounce of him was pure muscle. The force that hit me once on impact and once more into the wall was absolutely incredible. The first hit knocked the wind out of me and caused me to lose function of the muscles required to stand. The second was rich enough to not only slam my entire body solidly against the wall but I could hear some snapping noises that weren't from the wall. I didn't feel The second impact though because as my head smashed the wall, everything went numb and my vision faded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The good news is that I woke up again.

My sight returned to me and I saw a soft purple glow . As details came back I recognized the face of Twilight Sparkle.

"Heyya Twilight....how ya doin?" I muttered. seems my brain wasn't quite on yet.

"That's my line. That was one incredible hit you took." She responded.

I could tell she was concerned but she didn't have to be. What was odd was that I didn't feel pain, just a fuzzy head. "Ah'm GAREAT! Never better!" I pronounced as I readied to leap to my feet.

Twilight put a hoof on my chest to stop me. "Hold on there. Let me finish up this spell before you fall over."

She did so and almost instantly my mind was clear and I had recalled what happened. "Gah! How am I not dead?! It felt like I was run over by a freight train!"

In answer a deep and firm yet quiet voice said,"That, would be mah fault."

"Should've guessed," I sighed and turned to my assailant. There stood Big Macintosh and, my god that name doesn't lie. Even through his red coat I could see the bulging lines of muscle that he wore over his large frame. He had his head hung just a bit so that his mane came down to cover his eyes slightly. "Not sure if we've been introduced so hey there. My names Jayson pleasure to meet you. Am I to assume you're the one who...er... greeted me at Sweet Apple Acres?"

He nodded, "Eeyup. Ah'm a might bit sorry bout all that."

I shook my head, "No need. I'm a strange unknown figure who was lurking through your house in the dark. Situations reversed I would have done...well...not the same thing but I would have protected my family." I shot him a grin to drive the point. "No harm, no foul."

He looked me dead in the eyes. It seemed so deadpan that I didn't have a clue what was going on behind his gaze. His stare lingered before he said, "Nnope. T'aint right what I did. I gotta make it up to ya somehow,"

That took me aback. These ponies were great at throwing me off, and I didn't really need help to begin with. I thought for a moment before I came up with a proposition. "I really don't think you owe me anything, but if you're dead-set, then fine. You owe me one favor, on the books. Twilight, your a witness to this,"

"Same here," said Applejack, which got my attention.

I brought myself to sit up and take in my surroundings. I was in Twilight's tree library. Almost spot on from the show, there were books from floor to ceiling and all the floors, shelves and appliances had a lovely and bright natural wooden(duh) finish to them. I took in a deep breath as I came to a full sitting position and the scent of old pages and oak flooded my nostrils and filled my lungs. Twilight, Applejack, and Big Mac were the only attendees I could note so I continued my proposal. "Then there you have it. Do you accept, Big Mac?"

"Eeyup," was all I needed.

"Settled. Now I bet you a million bucks that you got something better to do than talk to me. Don't let me hold you up any longer." This statement got me some extremely unusual glances from all parties involved, but soon after AJ and Big Mac made their exit.

I turned slowly to face Twilight "Um...well...that was awkward. What'd I do?"

Twilight flushed before telling me that "bucks", in that context, did not mean what I had been raised to believe it did. "What you basically said is that you're interested in...ehm...mating with Big Mac...in a very 'enthusiastic' way."

"I...I...I...wait...when...but...what?"

Noticing how distraught I was getting, Twilight tried to help calm me down. "N-Not that there's anything wrong with that! A colt can be love whomever but I'm just not sure if Big Mac sees you that way,"

"He...HE doesn't see ME that way? I'm human! He's a pony! I don't even... plus... he's...he's a he! I gotta correct this. Bucks means money...Dollars. I'm not even... I don't like ponies," Oops. I see your hitting consistently brain. Congrats.

Twilight looked as if I had slapped her. "I...didn't know you were like that, Jayson. I mean I know he hurt you bad but he really didn't mean to. And then you assume that we all-"

Damage control to deck 9. "No no that's not....I didn't mean it like....like..." Multiple hull breaches sustained, life support failing. "It's just...it's not like..." Mayday! Mayday! Code Red! Commence emergency evacuation protocol! I heaved a large breath and let loose. "I'M NOT TURNED ON BY PONIES!"

Twilight just blinked at me a bit. Awkward doesn't even cover the feeling that had frozen this moment in time. Suddenly I was wishing that Big Mac had hit me a bit harder...NO NOT LIKE THA-...forget it.

Eventually, after a new galaxy had formed, Twilight asked, "Why not?"

It was my turn to blink at her, "We're...not even the same species...?" Her utter bewilderment as to my sexual preferences was enough to make me doubt anything I said.

"So?"

This isn't happening. I'm dead and this is hell, explaining why I don't want to bang pastel colored verbal equines TO said equines. I decided to flip this conversation around, "So are you saying I turn you on?" How do you like it Twilight?

"Not at the moment, but, aesthetically at least, there's nothing preventing my attraction to you."

"This conversation is over. Any more of this and I will very literally die of embarrassment, in fact I'm nearly welcoming it. That'd be less painful."

This worked, but now she was angry again. "Don't ever say things like that!"

I tried to ease her down. "Easy, Twi. I was just kidding."

Swing and a miss. "It was not funny. I didn't just save you to have you throw your life away!"

"Come on it wasn't that bad. Look I'm up and about already."

"Because I was able to perform a very difficult, intricate, and risky spell that repaired your spinal cord and brain tissue! I didn't even know if the spell would translate but we were lucky!"

"...my spine...and brain tissue?" I heard her but there was no way...right?

Wrong. "Why do you think Big Mac was so adamant on letting him help you?"

I just thought it came with the whole honesty, never leave a debt, southern dignity thing. Turns out he just didn't feel comfortable over the fact that he nearly killed me. "Huh," was all I could utter.

Twilight shook her head. "Just, be more careful. What would your friends think if you never made it back home?"

I thought a bit on that. I didn't have any true, stand-out friends but that doesn't mean I din't understand what she meant. I knew my brothers and parents were probably already freaked. How long had I been gone?

I needed to change the topic. "So what about that report to Celestia about humans?" I suggested.

This lit Twilight up like a Christmas tree, "Oh you're ready? Follow me to the study then!"

"Sure thing. Got any topics you're curious on?"

"Actually, now that you mention it, let's start with human breeding behaviors." And I shit you not she turned right around and fed me the biggest shit-eating grin you could imagine.

I sighed, but it was this or reflection on my own mortality. Lesser of two evils I suppose.

I will say though, my opinion of Twilight had increased tremendously after all this had happened. I always knew she was smart but she was able to analyse the anatomy of a completely foreign species and convert a a spell to fix injuries fast enough to keep me from dying, and she didn't let anyone distract her from what she wanted to know when she was curious.

I took a seat on a bench inside the study as Twilight prepped for her interrogation. This was gonna be a long day.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoy this and what is to come.