• Published 24th May 2013
  • 1,787 Views, 43 Comments

Out of Style - Vv_-Carnelian-_vV



After everypony getting tired of Rarity's fashion style, and her not being able to get clients, Rarity is forced to file bankruptcy and has to move out with Sweetie Bell and sell her home and belongings.

  • ...
7
 43
 1,787

Chapter Four

Author's Note:

Okay, short chapter, but this is to make up for lost time, hope you all enjoy!

"Really? You and Applejack are dating now?" Rainbow Dash asked on the way back to Sweet Apple Acres.

"Honestly dear, that's the first thing you ask?" Rarity replied with a hint of a groan, "Yes, we are indeed an... item now, and I must say she is quite the mare."

For the last twenty minutes, Rarity had explained her life story of the last five years up to the present moment. Throughout the story, her three friends all reacted with either tears, awes, or looks of pity. Rarity informed them that she was fine, but Pinkie, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash wouldn't hear of it and would try (and succeeded) in giving her comforting hugs. Which a bit of a surprise on Rarity's part, not because of the hugs but because Rainbow Dash had decided to join in the hug comforting.

"Don't give me that look, friends hug, especially when one of them needs it." Rainbow told her. Rarity smirked at the pegasus with appreciation. They continued trotting towards Sweet Apple Acres for another half hour or so before arriving at the porch of the Apple Families' Home, which had Granny Smith to greet them.

"Why, Howdy girls! Been a while since we last seen each other, ain't it?" She greeted.

They group greeted the old mate in return, then began to catch up with her. It was nice for Rarity to see her friends again after recent events. She watched them speak with the Apple family patron for a moment before noticing a small trinket in Granny Smiths' lap.

"Excuse me, Granny Smith, but what's that in your lap?" Inquired Rarity. Granny looked down towards the objected and her eyes widened with realization, as if remembering something.

"Oh! Umm... It's... Just a little nuthin' little one." She responded with hesitation, trying to hide it with her blanket. Unfortunately, Rainbow Dash saw what it was.

"Granny, why do you have one of those steampunk medallions?"

Raritys' mind went blank. Unsure of what to do, she just let her memories knock her into unconsciousness. Which later she would admit, was a bit of a overreaction.

----------------------------------

Ponyville, a nice little town away from the worries and fashions of the city of Canterlot. A young mare, of unicorn descent, was happy to have finally arrive to the town once more as she stepped off the train to the platform. Her letter should have arrived eariler this week based off when she sent it, but it was old information. Sadly, it was worse than what she had wrote. She shook her head, discarding such sad thoughts. Now wasn't the time for that, she came to find a friend. Luckily she knew where to find her, and hoped it wasn't too late. She asked a pony if they knew where a particular shop was, but was informed of news that it closed down and it's owner moved to a nearby farm owned by the Apple family.

Well, she knew where to look at least.

----------------------------------

"Is she awake?"

"Ah think she's comin' to actually."

"Oh thank goodness, I was worried there."

"Don't any of you think it was a 'bit' of an over reaction, even for her?"

Rarity woke up on the Apple's couch, hearing the voices around her. Although she resented the last comment, she did admit to herself it was somewhat true. She looked around to find her friends, joined by Applejack, surrounded her in the living room. She blushed at the realization that she fainted for such a silly reason in such a dramatic fashion.

"Hehe... Um... We can... Forget about that, yes?" She asked nervously. The others gave each other a knowing look has they nodded. Later, they shared stories about their lives with Rarity so she could get caught up with what she missed while worrying about her debts. No one mentioned her reaction to Granny's medallion, which she explained was received in the mail by a member of the Apple Family in Dodge Junction. She had given it to Ditzy Do, the mail mare, as a gift.

No one was sure wether or not to bring up the new fashion to Rarity, and why it was effecting her so, but they knew it would need to discussed soon. As the group discussed old times, there was a simple knock on the door. Applejack stood up and trotted to the door and answered it.

"Why howdy there! Ah haven't seen ya in a long time there! Come on in!" She greeted the mare. As the guest entered, Rarity gasped in surprised. Before her stood her long time friend and partner in fashion.

"Hello again, Rarity!" Greeted Glittershot.

Comments ( 3 )

Why was this cancelled?

5387706 I couldn't remember where i was heading with the story, but i am leaving it out for people to see, and if they want, adopt the story.

5387714 At least mark it as cancelled, don't leave it hanging open as being "in progress"

Login or register to comment