• Published 23rd May 2013
  • 455 Views, 12 Comments

An Old Nightmare Returns - Felix_Xander



When a long forgotten stallion (King Elementra) breaks free from his imprisonment, Canterlot and all of Equestria is endangered by an unknown force, The mane 6, discord , Shining and Cadence must protect Equestria against a long forgotten nightmare!

  • ...
14
 12
 455

He Returns

2. "He's back"

(His name has also been changed to King Fuerverus)
(His voice in my head is a cross between, King Sombra, Discord, Morgan freeman, and Optimus Prime)

As everypony gazed at the silhouetted figure on the mountain side, they saw a spark glint from what seemed to have been a devilish grin, and with a swift flick of his head, he reared up and kicked up his front hooves and galloped further up the snow covered mountain, quickly disappearing behind the mountains in front.

"Sister?... That... That was him wasn't it?" Asked Luna with a frightened tone in her voice. With every other pony shaking from not only the icy cold wind of a winter night, but from the fear that this may be a harder test than they all thought.

"It appears so dearest Luna..." Celestia paused. "... Everypony, dig in, this will be a long fight!" As she had finished talking, another roar echoed though the walls.

"Get Ready... Tonight might be your last!" As the voice eerily echoed loudly through the walls it finished with a sadistic, evil, roaring laugh and in the distance a beacon and large flash of multiple shades of dark colours beamed over the palace as the silhouetted stallion rose upon the sky and cast a spell as his head rose, his hood flew back and his eyes beamed strongly, a dark and strong blue, as the other was a demonic sided red, his wings flapped forwards as the thunder clapped, and the lightning cracked the sky. As the darkness flew across Canterlot, Cadence and Shining Armour rose their head together and forced their love barrier up and through the walls, reinforcing their spell, and protecting Canterlot. Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, all placed their Elements Of Harmony around their neck and Twilight positioned her tiara upon her head.

Darkness and roaring thunder claps covered the castle as the wind grew more fierce, with one final clap of thunder the stallion in the distance flapped his wings toward the castle, sending a shock wave toward the protective barrier, and in one final flick of his head he cast a darkness spell into the shock wave sending it into the barrier, shattering it and blowing Everypony across the room and into the wall. As they got up a bit shaken from the massive wave of thunder they moved towards the windows to see what had happened, as they looked out of the arched window, they all gasped and spoke in sync. Shining Armour and Cadence had begun to recreate their barrier, but it was too late...

"Um... Where did he go!?" Everypony looked at each other in extreme fear, the icy cold winter storm had become much stronger and was blasting through the windows, and as they all turned back to the window, a sudden dark and fiery explosion blasted the barricaded doors to the room down and before them all, stood a strong black and grey coated stallion in a hood. The strong figured stallion ripped off his hood showing him in full figure, he was a black and dark metallic grey, with a a fluorescent dark purple and black flowing mane and tail, and without his hood it showed his silver and carbon fibre steel crest, shoes, and crown. Suddenly he lifted his head and beamed his glowing, savage grin and opened his eyes and let out an evil crazed, maniacal laugh.
Everypony had dropped as the doors shattered and sent another shock wave into them and sent them across the floor. The mysterious stallion stood strong and held himself in a battle stance. As the ponies rose the stallion roared again.

Discord rose to his feet and flicked his fingers sending a fire ball towards the King, but in a swift flick of his wings he sent it backwards with double its magnitude, with quick thinking Discord, snapped his fingers again and sent a gust of wind blowing the fire back and putting it out.

"Listen buddy, I don't know who you are... But chaos is my thing..." Discord was quickly interrupting as Twilight yelled.

"Ponies, positions... Lets just finish this" King Furverus had a huge smile on his face as this happened.

As the six assembled, Luna and Celestia flew up and aimed their horns at Twilights Tiara, The six moved together and their elements began to glow, they shot out their rainbow of harmony, at equal points Luna and Celestia shot their dark magic powers towards the tiara crossing harmony with darkness and giving a stronger force, Discord flicked his fingers and sent another protection spell to the energy, and finally, Shining and Cadence sent their spell towards him in a shock wave, completely encasing the black stallion in a strong diamond force field. Leaning back, Everypony sighed in relief that they had stopped him... For now.

As Everypony cheered in happiness, King Furverus' horn began to glow a metallic purple as the diamond case fogged up...
Applejack was spinning in joy, until she noticed what was happening and she froze, mouth agape and eyes widened.

"Uh.. Guys, we have a problem..." Everypony looked and saw the diamond fogging and a pulsating metallic dark purple glowing on his horn. They could do nothing but watch and wait for what was coming. As more thunder and lightning approached Canterlot the prison began to crack until it had shattered under a large explosion and a thunder clap.

"Hahahaha" King Furverus let out a strong maniacal laugh, "You Really think that would've stopped me... Stupid foals!!!"

He walked over towards Twilight and used his magic to pick her up and suspend her in mid-air removing her element and examining it closely before he spoke.

"Hmmm... I see these are still I'm good condition... Your tactics were pathetic. Wouldn't you have thought that it would've been more effective to stop me with something I didn't create." Dropping Twilight on her rump, he moved towards Princess Celestia, "Hmm, my little Tia, oh now I missed you my sweet little girl." He said still expressionless but he ran his hoof across her face, as Celestia he had his hoof bashed away. Raising is eyebrow, he move across to Princess Luna, "Oh... Who might we have here?"

"Thy name is Princess Luna, guardian and ruler of thee night!" Addressing him in the full Canterlot voice.

"Well... I must say, thy Luna, thou art a very pretty sight." In saying that he leant in and kissed her softly on the lips before moving all the way on to Discord.

"And... Who? Do we have here?" He asked confused and shocked, Discord replied with a single flick of his fingers, subsided by a counter blast of darkness by the horn of the stallion throwing the Draconquess flying. "Foal! What an imbecilic move!" He paused grunting before turning to the ponies and speaking in an extremely condescending tone. "Listen, I came back hear, my heart fuelled with vengeance, and I will leave with that feeling fulfilled. Now, you may all surrender under my wings, or you can choose to fight your way out... Or die trying... The choice is yours" growling fiercely, he was interrupted by Celestia's roaring voice.

"We will never surrender to you, you will not win!"

The dark lord spoke again in a laughable way

"Let the games begin then!" With a dark shot he flew away disappearing into the night.

Comments ( 2 )

oooo this is going to be good!

I like..:pinkiehappy: why so many dislikes though.:rainbowhuh:

Login or register to comment