• Published 23rd May 2013
  • 455 Views, 12 Comments

An Old Nightmare Returns - Felix_Xander



When a long forgotten stallion (King Elementra) breaks free from his imprisonment, Canterlot and all of Equestria is endangered by an unknown force, The mane 6, discord , Shining and Cadence must protect Equestria against a long forgotten nightmare!

  • ...
14
 12
 455

"His" return

The day had passed, and the night had risen above the land, protected by the majestic Princess Luna, as this regal Princess watched the night and prepared for any nightmare occurring in any of the little fillies and colts minds as they slept softly and peacefully in their beds, when she was suddenly greeted by a new and dark growling voice.

"Hmmm... Canterlot... Equestria... Control... MINE!!!" As the voice screeched and crackled in her mind the majestic Princess of the night had been brought to the ground, this was no filly or colts nightmare. As she remembered the voice and assumed it as King Sombra, but there was something different about it, Luna rose to her hooves and shook of her short tick as she trotted inside to Celestia's bed chambers and softly shook her big sisters shoulder and whispered softly waking her.
"Psst... Sister? Tia? Sister..." A whispering soft and tranquil voice entered Celestia's head as she awoke from her slumber.
"Oh... Is it morning already sister Luna?... Oh, no, what is it that you have woken me for sister?" Celestia asked with her quiet sleepy voice.

"I'm sorry Tia... B..But, there is something... Something you need to hear for yourself." And as the words ran from her mouth, Luna's horn began to glow and she tilted her towards her sisters horn transmitting the recent voice she had heard.

"Hmmm... Canterlot... Equestria... Control... MINE!!!" Repeated again for the regal sisters, and as Celestia heard that voice, her eyes widened, her wings spread, and her head went back as did she, backing away and breathing heavily.

"Sister what is wrong?" Asked Luna with a worried tone to her voice. Celestia said nothing as she rose her head to perform a spell, a defence barrier to the castle and all the way to ponyville and beyond the Everfree, but as her horn emitted the beam of light she heard the voice for herself, a voice like King Sombra and Discord's voices merged together.

"CELESTIA!!!!" She was thrown to the ground and her spell depleted as the voice roared as if in a colosseum, echoing in her head almost causing an instant migraine.

"SISTER!" Yelled Princess Luna as she rushed to Celestia's aid. "Sister are you ok!?" Asked Luna dropping to the floor, to her sister.

"Luna, get Twilight and her friends, Cadence and Shining Armour, and Discord, we need the Elements of Harmony which Twilight has, and the strength of Love which Cadence and Shining Armour have, and of course Discord's powerful magic..."
"But Tia... It's the middle of the night!" Said Luna a bit confused.

"Luna!! There is no time, we have to act fast, ill explain to you what is wrong when you get back, send the guards for Discord, send Philomena for Cadence and Shining, and access Twilight and get her to get her friends to Canterlot ASAP!" Celestia commanded her sister, and as Luna nodded and galloped out of the castle Celestia rose to her hooves and onto her bed.
"How did you return?" She whispered softly to herself.

A few hours had passed before anyone had arrived, but surely enough in one fell swoop, 11 Ponies and Discord galloped ingot he great hall and saw Princess Celestia standing firmly in front of the royal thrones. And Twilight Sparkle stepped forward to speak.

"You asked for us Princess? In dire emergency?" Worried Twilight spoke softly still a bit weary from the time of morning.

"Yes... I'm sorry Everypony for calling upon you at this time of the morning... But I'm afraid we have a huge problem. My sister and myself have both received a strong message from a stallion that was locked away from the world forever, locked far beneath Equestria for what he had done, and was imprisoned by where the Crystal Empire was before in returned, the love that the Empire creates had resealed his prison beneath the land... But it appears that it wasn't as strong as King Sombra's hatred spells, and he is breaking free..." Celestia had been swiftly interrupted by Luna.

"Sister? How come I don't remember a single bit of this." Luna, confused stared at her sister with concern

"Well... I was getting to that, you were just a small filly, when I had to do this, and remember we have almost 40 years between us, as we don't age lie, other ponies" Luna satisfied with the answer Celestia was pleased, she had noticed Twilight was about to interrupt, but she responded to the question... She already knew what it was.

"No Twilight... This was in none of your books, I have erased his existence from the planet, my parents and I are the only ponies that know of him... The stallions name is King Elementera, he was the Mage, that coasted the elements of Equestria, older than the great Starswirl the Bearded, he was a humble pony, until the power of his magic rose to him and he began to use it for evil, much like you discord, although... His magic has a far greater force to it, he once ruled Equestria, alongside my mother and father, but resentment grew on his capabilities, he become consumed by control and overthrew my parents to rule on his own accord." Twilight seeming worried managed to sneak in a question in Princess Celestia's pause.

"But... Princess? What has this got to do with us?" Celestia bowed her head before she spoke

"This involves all of you, the Elements of Harmony, Cadence's and Shining's love, and Discord's magic strength. I can't cast a protection spell anymore, he has disabled my ability, but Shining Armour and Cadence can conjure a protection spell, Discord, you can at least stop him if the protection spell fades or is broken, and Twilight, you and your friends can reinforce the barrier, but I'm sorry I cannot be of use here, but King Elementra must not reach Canterlot!" Celestia spoke with upmost strength and force, she knew that if he were to reach the kingdom that Equestria would be taken and enslaved.
"I'm sorry to ask so much of you... But surely you all can see the danger of this pony?"

"Of course we can ya' royal highness..." Said Applejack "... But can you be sure this will all work?"

Princess Celestia lowered her head and sighed. "No Applejack... I can't be sure, but we have nothing to lose"

Suddenly, a loud roaring growl echoed through the great hall.
"MMMM... CAN-TER--- LOT!!!!!!"
The voice was broken and slow, but roaring and loud.

Everypony shivered as the voice reversed and echoed from the marble walls.
"W.. W... What was that Princess?" Asked Twilight as she shook and shivered from the voice.

"That my dear, was the voice of the nightmare that is quickly approaching Canterlot, we must stop him at all costs!" Commanded Princess Luna. "All ponies, get ready for an all out fight!" And with swift movements, Cadence and Shining Armour conjured their spell and as Everypony looked out the window of the hall, in the distant mountains, they saw a silhouetted stallion wearing a hood blowing swiftly in the wind, this was the beginning of a new chapter of their lives.

Author's Note:

(Author Note: So, for anypony who read this, what did you all think? I'm still writing, so please tell me if you like it :))

And I know its not much in the first chapter.... :(