• Published 13th May 2013
  • 1,966 Views, 29 Comments

A Devil's Night - Dude With No Life



A man is thrown into Equestria, and gifted with the powers of Dante. Will he survive this deadly game?

  • ...
16
 29
 1,966

Chapter 8: A Warning

It was several days later, and I was sitting at the table with Fluttershy, in my pony form. We sat close together, wings around the other as we shared a plate of pancakes. We had grown a lot closer since our first kiss, and I cherished every moment of it. A thousand times a day, I would find another sneak peak into her personality. A thousand times a day she would make me smile, just by being herself. A thousand times a day, I would fall a little deeper in love with her.
I still hadnt told her how I truly felt though.
I'll admit, I was scared. . .scared of having to leave, scared of hurting her, scared that somehow, I would say or do something wrong, and she would hate me. . .even though I knew she couldnt hate anything. Sweet, loving, kind, caring Fluttershy. . .if someone had told me I would be sitting at her table as a pony, offering her bites of pancake, I would say they were crazy.
But there I was, picking up bits of pancake, and splitting it, our lips touching briefly as we shared the morsel.
She was so perfect. She was a perfect balance, to my hotheadedness, to my anger, to everything I know that's wrong with me.
Don't get me wrong, I love all three of my mares. Luna is so like me it's almost scary, and Rainbow Dash, I know that she would stay by me through anything, even my bouts of being the most stubborn and stupid thing alive.
By her own words.
Luna and Dash both come by often, usually staying the night. Contrary to popular belief, Luna isn't actually nocturnal, she just doesnt sleep until around one in the morning. Apparently the moon setting is something she can wake herself up for, long enough to lower it and then go back to sleep. And Rainbow Dash. . .
She just likes the cuddling.
I have to admit though, there's nothing like waking up with your muzzle in Fluttershy's mane, Rainbow Dash pressed up against your back, and Luna on the other side of Fluttershy with her wing and mane spread over us, as her muzzle rests over your neck. Nothing like rolling over and yawning, only to be kissed deeply by a still half asleep Rainbow Dash, who promply curls up against your chest and falls back asleep. Nothing like laying there, smiling and laughing with not one, not two, but three beautiful mares, as you sit and help them preen their wings.
It helps that they care about each other as much as I care about them. As I get closer to them, they get closer to one another. Quite often I get back from helping Fluttershy with something, to find Rainbow Dash and Luna cuddled up on the couch together, waiting for us.
And I have to say, it is the sexiest thing ever to walk in on Fluttershy and Luna sharing a goodbye kiss in the morning. Even sexier when they're both wet from showering.
Pomf. That is all.
Life was perfect. I couldn't be happier. Well, I suppose I could. . .but the circumstances would have to wait.
"Dante?"
I blinked, and looked at Fluttershy.
"Oh, sorry. What were you saying?" I asked, as I ran a hoof over my chin to make sure I hadnt started drooling or something.
"I was asking if you're alright. You've been sitting there for five minutes with the same bite in your mouth." She held a hoof against my forehead, to check my temperature.
"Sorry, Flutters. I was just thinking."
"About what?" She smiled at me.
"Us. And Luna and Dashie." I smiled back. "About how happy I am."
"Aww." She smiled, and nuzzled me.
"Fluttershy, I. . ." I trailed off. I wasnt sure what to say, or how to say it.
"Yes?" She smiled, looking even more adorable as a single ear flopped back.
"I-I think I. . .I uh. . Ugh." I sighed, and kissed her deeply.
"I love you." I whispered, as we paused for breath a moment later, her blush radiant against her coat, while mine was invisible against mine.
"I love you too." She breathed back, smiling. I smiled back, rubbing my nose against hers.
"Now isn't this just touching." I heard a loud voice say. I spun around to see a tall draconequs sitting on the counter.
"Discord." I growled. He waved cheekily, and poured himself a chocolate milk out of a small pink fluffy tea set.
"Howdy doo! What brings you here my tight strung little human friend?" He drank the cup instead of the milk and crushed the milk like a beer can.
"You brought me here. Remember?" I stepped between him and Fluttershy.
"Oh. Yes, thats right. Hard to remember sometimes. So old you know." He had hopped down from the counter, bent over and sporting a beard as he tottled closer.
"What do you want?" I asked, spreading my wings to help cover Fluttershy.
"To tell you a message." He was suddenly wearing an old postman uniform.
"Get on with it then."
"Touchy, touchy. Somepony doesnt like me." He smirked.
"No, not really. Even if I must thank you for bringing me here, I really want as little to do with you as possible. So tell me your message and leave." I snapped, patience wearing thin.
"Fine." He sauntered over to the window and stared out.
"You're going to have to choose sides, Dante. There's a war going on, and you might be the only thing that could tip the scales." He turned to me, in a very rare moment of being serious.
"What do you mean?" I asked, suddenly feeling very nervous.
"Just what I said. My my, are you always this slow?" He shook his head in exasperation.
"Just LEAVE!" I bellowed, the small cottage shaking. He sighed, and dissapeared in a flash of light. I huffed, and turned around to find a shaking Fluttershy. I immediately dropped down next to her, hugging the terrified mare close to me. She sniffed, trying hard not to cry, as she buried her muzzle in my chest.
"Dante. . .please dont go." She sobbed. I stroked her back with a hoof, as I kiss her mane.
"Never." I promised. I knew that I would never break that promise. Whatever was coming, we would face it together.

Author's Note:

Here we go again! Unfortunatly for you readers, I just got a new Xbox. Muahaha. So don't be expecting updates as often.