• Published 13th May 2013
  • 1,966 Views, 29 Comments

A Devil's Night - Dude With No Life



A man is thrown into Equestria, and gifted with the powers of Dante. Will he survive this deadly game?

  • ...
16
 29
 1,966

Chapter 9: A Last Night


"Dante?" I heard a voice say. It sounded like Luna. I yawned and opened my eyes to a wall of bubblegum pink hair. I poked my muzzle through Fluttershy's mane to find the dark alicorn standing there with a smile on her face. I looked down at the sleeping pegasus, who pressed closer to me. We had fallen asleep outside in the warm sun, after our little visit from Discord. I opened my other wing, and Luna happily joined us.
We sat in silence for a long time. Nothing needed to be said.
"Hi guys." I heard Rainbow Dash land softly behind us. She pressed up against my chest, nuzzling my coat.
"Hi you." I kissed her mane, making her almost purr as she smiled.
"Dante?" She asked, after some time.
"Yeah?"
"You're going to leave, aren't you." It was more of a statement than a question.
"I don't want to." I sighed.
"But you're going to."
"I don't see any other options."
"You could stay."
"And put you three at risk? I couldnt live with myself if anything happened to any one of you." I shook my head. Rainbow sighed, and nuzzled me softly.
"I know you worry about us. . .but we can protect ourselves."
"Against normal enemies, maybe. But against demons? You don't stand a chance." I rubbed at my eyes with a hoof.
"Try us." Rainbow challenged, making me smile.
"That's part of why I love you so much, Dashie. You never back down from anything." I smiled. She blushed and looked up at me.
"You. . .you love me?" She stuttered. I simply nodded, and kissed her forehead
The next thing I knew, I was on my back with Rainbow on top of me, kissing me deeply. I struggled a bit in surprise, before wrapping my hooves around her and pulling her closer.
"I love you too."
She almost purred, nuzzling into my chest. I chuckled, rubbing her back with a hoof, as Luna and Fluttershy made themselves comfortable, moving as close as possible. I gave them each a long kiss, and smiled.
"I love you all. So very much."
Luna smiled widely, laying her head over my chest, chin against Rainbow's muzzle.
"Please. . .just be careful." She whispered. I reached around with a wingtip, pulling her to face me.
"I'll come home, Luna. I promise. One day, we can live our lives in happiness." I whispered back, staring into her beautiful aqua eyes.
"Do you think, maybe. . .we could start a family?" She blushed, making her look absolutely adorable. Not as adorable as a blushing Fluttershy, but pretty high up there.
I smiled softly. To be honest, i had thought about it before. A lot, really.
I loved the idea. I loved the idea of starting a family with my mares, having a little filly to pamper, and a couple colts to teach everything I know.
I leaned over and kissed Luna gently, and nuzzled her cheek.
"I think that would be wonderful." I smile, and pull them all a bit closer. I never wanted to let them go, but I knew I must, to keep them safe.

Author's Note:

Well, I'm ending it here. There will be a sequel, don't worry. Thank you all, it's been fun. Keep track of my other stuff, I'm not going anywhere!