• Published 13th May 2013
  • 1,966 Views, 29 Comments

A Devil's Night - Dude With No Life



A man is thrown into Equestria, and gifted with the powers of Dante. Will he survive this deadly game?

  • ...
16
 29
 1,966

Chapter 3:Ominous Dreams

I was in a dark room. No light pierced the darkness, and no sound reached my ears. I took a step, and the sound of my hoof echoed, making my fur stand on end. I heard a voice, as if from far away.
"Dante. . ."
That sounded like. . . "Luna!" I yelled, galloping in the direction I hoped she was. A light grew in the distance, getting larger and brighter the closer I got. I jumped through it without hesitation, and landed in a stone room. Chains and bones littered the floor, and blood splattered the walls. I looked around to see Luna, chained up to a wall. She looked like she had been beaten, her coat was darker in places and covered in blood. One eye was swollen shut and both wings and a leg were plainly broken. She looked at me, half smiling.
"Dante. . .I knew you'd come." She whispered, and I smiled back. Shifting to my human form, I took a step towards her when another voice rang out. It was cold and cruel, bringing to mind pain and suffering.
"As did I. Foolish human, did you really think it would be that easy?"
I spun around, drawing Rebellion and holding it ready to attack or defend. There was nothing there, however, nothing but stone walls covered in blood.
"Now you die." The voice said, like a whisper in my ear.

I awoke to a yell from a certain lavender unicorn.
"Fluttershy, there's a monster in your house! Run!"
I found myself flying through the air, smashing through a window and skidding, leaving a furrow in the dirt. I groaned and rolled over, before being caught in a telekinetic grip and slammed against a tree.
"What are you doing here, monster?" Twilight yelled, squeezing me in her magical grip.
"Ow. . .stop. Now." I grunted, wriggling, several feet off the ground.
"Why should I?" The enraged unicorn demanded.
"One, I'm not your enemy. Two, you're not doing much more than annoying me. Three, and most importantly, I thinking you pissed off not only Princess Luna, but Fluttershy looks pretty mad too."
Twilight turned around after my little speech, to find two mares glaring at her, with a third on her back laughing.
"Twilight Sparkle! For what reason hast thou assault our friend?" Luna demanded, with all the power of the Royal Canterlot Voice. Twilight seemed to shrink, her ears lowering.
"I'm sorry, Princess. I thought he was a monster." She said, half cowering. By this time I had recovered from my rather rude awakening, and walked over.
"You're right. I am a monster. But that doesn't make me your enemy." I said, and crouch in front of her. She was definitely cowering now, positively shaking in fear. I smiled.
"I do applaud you for your bravery however."
"Huh?"
"You saw what you thought was a threat to your friends, and dealt with it. No different than I would have."
"Really?" Twilight asked. "You're not mad?"
"I suppose I am a little, but you had a fairly good reason." I answered, and she smiled. I could tell she felt terrible, and smiled at her.
"Dante, are you OK?" Fluttershy asked, flying up to me.
"I'm fine." I said, smiling at the butter yellow pegasus.
"Good. I couldn't imagine you getting hurt." She fretted. I sighed and turned back to Twilight.
"So why are you here, anyway?"
"Pinkie Pie said her Pinkie Sense told her there was a strange pony at Fluttershy's. I teleported here before anypony else."
"So we should be expecting the others right about-
"Hey what's that?" A overly cheerful voice yelled.
"Now." I finished, turning just in time to see a blur of pink tackle me.
"HiI'mPinkiePieyoumustbethenewponyintownbutyou'renotaponysoIdon'tknowwhatyouarebutyou'restillnewinPonyvllesoyougetapartywithcakeandstreamersandOHWE'REGOINGTOBEBESTFRIENDS!" The energetic pink mare yelled, amazingly all in one breath. I groan, trying to pry her off of me, but she only squeezed tighter.
"Um, Pinkie Pie? I like breathing, so could you let me go?" I wheeze, and immediately she let go, and I gasped for air.
"Who or what in tarnation are you?" I heard a southern voice yell as I lay there trying to catch my breath.
"Oh dear, look at it! It looks hurt!" I heard a female voice with a posh accent to it say.
I groan and sit up, rubbing my temples, trying to avert a headache.

Author's Note:

I am SO SO SO SO SO SORRY! I know it took forever, and all I had to give you is this pathetic little chapter. Please don't hate me! *hides behind book fort* I kind of got to watching Naruto and got hooked, so. . .yeah. I Pinkie Promise more chapters soon. Cross my heard and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye. *pokes eye*
Until next time I'm DWNL.