• Published 11th Feb 2012
  • 1,249 Views, 35 Comments

The last human warrior - leaderofstars



the last living human in the multiverse is given a new life within the land of Equestria.

  • ...
25
 35
 1,249

i feel sorry for who ever owned that tree


Ch6

In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future.
Alex Haley

The sun was setting over the land of Equestria, and a dark blue alicorn had awoken from her slumber a little earlier then normal. She wanted to ask her older sister a question regrading the creature that now lives in Ponyville.

“Dear sister.” Princess Celestia looked up towards her little sister who had just walked into her room. “Are you sure letting the creature known as Poncho live in our world was a good idea?”

“Oh, Luna. Yes I’m sure. He may be a creature of warfare, violence and death but he proved his willingness to protect the lives of others.”

“Have you sensed the evil within him? Even from here I can feel his evil like a beacon in the night. I don't feel that letting him stay will do any of us any good. He needs to be send away, back to where he belongs.”

“And to where? His old home is a frozen wasteland and it's not like he's done anything to raise suspicion. This isn't like when I banished you and nightmare moon, he's not trying to take over the land, he's just looking for a place to call home.”

“He's a threat Tia. How could you not see that? There is far too much evil in his heart for him to even hope to resist.”

“Why then did he put his life on the line to help protect the citizens of Ponyville? There is something powerful within him. This power, what ever it is, guides his actions and his motives. He claims it's the result of his upbringing, but it is far older then his father. It is something that has guided his species since they first walked their home-world, and gave them the strength needed to continue living after times of crises.”

“I still feel that allowing him to stay here is a mistake. He is-”

“He reminds you of when you decided to become one with Nightmare Moon. The evil that resides within him troubles you, like it could attempt to take him over. But his soul, it speaks volumes of a one that just needs a reason to keep on living. Just trust in your big sister's decision.”

Luna scoffed and had nearly walked out of Celestia's room when she turned around, one last question on her mind. “Why are you trying to get me to court him?”

“I just think the two of you would make such a cute couple. Also because I’ve heard that he could build a machine that could reach the moon. Won't that be romantic?” Celestia had some tears in her eyes. “The moon princess and her lover together on the moon.”

Luna just looked at her sister with a face of disbelief, before walking out of her room to her throne room for a long and lonely night running the night court.

“Twilight, it's late, think you can go to bed early today for once?”

“No Spike. I’m busy selecting books I’m sure leaderofstars would like to read to better understand our culture. oh... a once in a lifetime chance to learn about a dead culture from the only pony... err... human that has first-hoof knowledge of it. Oh I’ll be famous with my books on his culture, technology and customs.”

“Great. Can I sleep now?” Spike was just about to collapse on his bed.

“Go on Spike. I’ll catch up later after I plan out at which points to share our two cultures.”

Spike was already fallen asleep before Twilight finished talking. He was used to Twilight staying up all night studying something or another. It was just another day living with Twilight and her constant need to know everything. Spike knew he better get plenty of sleep tonight, because tomorrow would be filled with dealing with that hue-man. He drifted off to sleep, with visions of his love Rarity dancing in his head.

Twilight stayed up for a few more hours planning out the learning experience, down to the seconds that it would take to pull a book off the shelf and show it to him, that she was sure to receive from leaderofstars or Poncho whatever he decides to call himself in the morning. She wanted everything to be perfect, organized and ready for a long day of knowledge. After all it's not everyday one get to learn about a dead culture from one who has first-hoof knowledge of that culture.

Pinkie Pie was finishing up the last of the invitations for the party she wanted to throw the next day. Rolling over on her bed, she thought back to what she had heard on her way back to Sugarcube Corner. She had heard the whispers of the other ponies taking about the horrors the human had supposedly done ranging from murder to turning some unknown pony into lunch. Even her employers Mr and Mrs. Cake had gone out and said to her that the human was not allowed inside Sugarcube Corner.

All this misplaced fear and animosity the town was directing towards him, just because he openly ate some meat. The ponies were only focusing on his bad traits not the good deeds he had done for the town. He ate meat sure, but he did save the Cutie Mark Crusaders from the timber wolves.

She turned to look at her pet Gummy, who was busy eating one of his special cupcakes she had made just for him. If she started to hate on leaderofstars because he ate meat, then she would have no other choice then to give Gummy away since he has to eat special cupcakes make with ground up rainbow trout, bugs and worms.

Most ponies never took a second glance at Gummy, never knowing that the little guy had to eat meat because that all that alligators like him could eat. She sighed, knowing full well that if she invited the hue-man not a whole lot of ponies were going to come to her party. She gently petted Gummy's head, his mouth covered with frosting, and fell asleep.

It was bedtime for Fluttershy, but she was busy cleaning the knife leaderofstars gave her. When she had unsheathed it when she got back home, she nearly dropped it out of fear. The blade was covered in dried blood. No matter how hard she tried, she could not clean the blood off of the blade. The blood was permanently stuck there, giving the blade a red and evil feel to it. She shuttered to think what it was used for originally, with the pits and rust stains showing that it had been in use for a really long time. The longer she looked at the blade, the more she saw a terrible monster staring back. The monster's piercing eyes stared into her eyes, and it cracked a smile exposing part of its crooked, jagged and broken teeth.

She shuttered, blinking and shaking her head in an attempt to clear her mind of what she had just saw. When she slowly turned back to the reflection on the blade it was, not the monster she had seen a few seconds earlier, but herself slightly obscured by rust and pits. She sighed, sheathing the blade and closing the clasp securing the handle to the sheath. She understood that he only killed animals to survive in his old world, but she didn't want him to continue his old lifestyle here. She understood that he was different then everypony, but still couldn't believe there wasn't another way for him to survive. She thought to herself, blowing out the single candle she had out and walking to her bed, that the hue-man just needs to come to terms with who he's living with and adjust accordingly.

“Doctor Cane, the test results are in.” Nurse Redheart told the light gray earth pony, who awoken from his nap in a daze.

“Mmm...oh... thanks.” Cane grabbed the papers from the nurse then sat back down to review the results. After what happened yesterday with the wolves, the testing of the hue-mans' blood and tissue samples had been bumped down to deal with any injuries and potential infections brought on by the wolves.

As he looked the report over, the thing that jumped out at him the most was that all of the samples contained some kind of organic-metal fragments. Every single one had been checked, doubled checked, and triple checked to ensure no mistake had been made. And according to the report there was currently metal fragments floating around in the hue-man's body.

Reading further down the report, the doctors in charge of the blood samples noted a complete lack of white blood cells, as well as a complete lack of diseases that would be found within normal blood. It was as if something else was keeping him safe from the contaminants of the outside world. It was all the same with the rest of the samples, all containing tiny metal fragments and no diseases of any kind to be found anywhere.

Sitting back on his hunches, Doctor Cane thought back to what the hue-man had said when he talked to him: “you don't know anything about human anatomy.”

“hrmmp, I may not know much about your body leaderofstars, but I do know that chunks of metal isn't good for your health no matter who you are. But its the lack of diseases and white blood cells that is most disturbing.” He shuffled through the papers, “If you ever get a infection, you'll never survive it. Hmm... we may need to take a bone marrow sample, and quarantine him within the hospital to keep him safe.”

Sitting in a clearing of leaf-less trees, a white robed figure watched the collection of timber wolves as they would walk around the trees seemingly ignoring the intruder. The intruder could not be seen, heard or sensed in anyway possible unless he wanted to be.

“Those wolves are completely pathetic. They lack the killer instinct needed to help him along, even with my help encouraging them.” He got up, his scythe and scales floating around him. “I need to find a more dangerous entity to help him.”

Walking out of the clearing, he looked at the trees. They looked dead, but he could tell they were still alive. The magic of this world kept the trees alive, even when they were asleep. The figure turned away and walked towards a distance castle.


I awoke several hours after having fell asleep, my dreams filled with waterfalls and babbling brooks. As I tried to understand what such dreams were supposed to mean, I was struck with the desire to relieve myself. Fuck, I hate it when I have go take a leak. It wouldn't be much of as problem, if the nanobots just let me have a normal urinary system. But no, my urine only gets enough water to be considered liquid and be passed out of my system, by that I means that it's has way more chlorine in it then normal human urine. That makes it burns on the way out, in every way possible.

I got up, dreading the moment that was to pass, the pain would be excruciating as would the smell. Maybe I shouldn't fill my host's bathroom with the smell of chlorine and burnt human flesh. I take a look outside, the moon hanging low in the sky. Dawn comes soon, but for right now everyone's still asleep. Good, wouldn't be right to see a full grown man screaming in agony over taking a leak.

Walking out of the house and avoiding the door frame, I turned around to find the perfect spot to conclude my business. That tree looked as good as place as any, firm support, tough bark and open air. Walking up to the tree, I mentally prepared myself for the pain as I grabbed a branch and dropped my pants.

The pain that I felt I would only curse to one, and he deserved it. If I looked down at my phallus I was sure I would see smoke, because I sure smell it. I’m not sure how my bladder could hold this acid for so long, the nanobots must have reinforced that organ. My thoughts turned from subject to subject, just to distract myself from the pain as I stood there, the branch I that was griping was making crunching noises under my ironclad grip.

Finally the pain stopped and I rested my head on the tree, which had some of it's bark stripped off. I waited for a few minutes so the damn thing could heal and air out the smell. Wiping the tears from my eyes, I looked up and towards the sky. This world's moon looks so very much like the one back home, right down to the star placement being nearly identical to the stars back home. Weird.

Releasing my grip on the branch, which fell to the ground, I pulled up my pants and took a few steps back. I kinda hope no one notices how bad the tree looks, and that the horrible smell goes away soon. I find this problem with my body much worse then my diet. I can't feel anything down there, the urine having shot my nerves down there to hell. Maybe if I drank more water then my urine wouldn't so acidity. Ehh I’ll do that later, around morning or so.

The next morning was filled with the lack luster antics of Lyra being herself much to the displeasure of her housemates. Bon Bon was busy making a breakfast that consisted of chocolate chip pancakes, while the human was busy going though the package he had received yesterday. The package held two missing drums of 7.62mm rounds, his leather harness, a large sack of coins and a note written in English and some kind of pictogram language.

The damn letter said that he could not hold any land within the Everfree forest because he is not a citizen of Equestria. But because he did offer up valuable technology, he was compensated a sizable sum of money for what he offered up. If he wanted more 'bits' (must be what the currency around here is called) then he could always sell some more of his technology for study. However because hunting licenses don't really work with herbivores, he was free to hunt and fish within the Everfree forest to his hearts content.

The smell of deliciousness filled the small house, as Bon Bon finished making a big batch of pancakes for her housemates. No one drooled more the the human as he eyed the stack like a tiger would eye a quick and easy meal. And who could blame him since he hasn't had such a big meal ever since arriving here five days ago. He grabbed nearly half of the stack and started shoving them down his throat, determined to eat them all in one go.

After a few minutes of trying, he finally managed to swallow the last of the pancakes, with a huge breath of air. He sat back on the couch, content with his full stomach while Lyra and Bon Bon just stared at him.

“So was it good?”

“Indeed.” He let out a single burp. “My compliments to the chef.”

Lyra and Bon Bon turned back to their meals, while leaderofstars grabbed the pouch of coins and spilling the contents on to the coffee table. He sorted the coins around into little piles of similar materials, then into a single stack, then into a pyramid and finally tried balancing the coins end-over-end.

By the time his house mates had finished their breakfast and walked over to the table, leaderofstars had managed to only get three coins balancing perfectly. Bon Bon just looked at all the coins on the table, as the total began piling up in her head.

leaderofstars noticed Bon Bon's staring contest with his new coins. “So, how rich am I then Mrs. Bon Bon?”

After a few minutes of explaining the denominations to him leaderofstars jumped out of Bon Bon's house with a huge smile on his face. He was rich, rich enough to have just given Bon Bon and Lyra each one of the highest denominations in the pouch. He was off to go find town hall to see if any properties are available.

Now that he could purchase and own a home, he could begin the process of shedding off his nomad lifestyle. While it could never truly replace his old home, he doubted that he should return. The buildings would crumble, the animals would have evolved in new, expected ways and hopefully new sentient life would emerge to start new civilizations just as humanity had done.

He thought of asking the princess to sent him back in a few thousand years but then he'll have to deal with a whole new set of problems, the complete lack of beer, the responsibility of leading a new civilization and the fact that the food sources would possibly be completely different. Eh, living here will be a whole lot better living here, once I get settled and start brewing up some delicious ales.



author notes
god this is getting really hard.
instead of dealing with each chapter as it comes up in my head i'm already 5 chapters ahead, and trying to force myself to stay with the story is pissing me off.
still I've worked on this thing longer then my other projects. a somewhat decent achievement.
does anyone even read this? i know 22 people cared enough to rate but i feel like people just glance over this.

comments would be nice.

Comments ( 14 )
BBB

"...He may be a creature of warfare, violence and death but he proved his willingness to protect the lives of others.” uh... celestia you ain't helping dave (gave him a name since leaderofstars doesnt work) with that warfare, violence and death bit...:facehoof: also leaderofstars try asking the fans their opioion to see why you are getting low rateings.

412490

damn do I suck that hard at story writing?
I need a editor.

BBB

412616 ok then ask around just dont ask me becuase i suck at grammer.

BBB

in fact i am sure that if i wrote a story i would overload some grammer nazis.

412634

i could help you with grammar and spelling.

BBB

412661 anyway ask around maybe another author could help. (i am just good for opioions and FC charecters (sometimes i can come up with them just like *snaps fingers* that))

412684

i could do that aswell

BBB

but first things first you need to decide where to lead this story. put the story on hold for now and once you got everything sorted (editer, pre-readers, etc) then go back to it. also make sure to get a jornal or something to write down ideas that pop into your head i hear that helps book writers so it might help you. also get more people to discuss ideas with then just me at least 3 or 4 people (including me) will work best becuase you can get more views and opioions. this is just my opioion though.

412706

agreed.I don't have any clue how to approach this clusterfuck. need outside help.

BBB

412712 ok then best get started then. good luck with the storie.

412722

not my first time dealing with a cluster-fuck.
hopefully i can salvage the good points and make the story read better.
i kinda want to use the phrase 'hungry enough to eat a horse' in front of a large group of ponies.:pinkiecrazy:

BBB

412739 ok first things first get a good editor and excellent pre-readers then let them look at the chapters you already posted so your editor can see what he can do. then get people to discuss ideas with (preferabaly authors that did stories like this since they would have experience advantage and would know whst doesnt wotk and what does) you. uninfortunately it is likely your storie would be gutted if it aint good but hey you have to start somewhere and make sacrifices to make progress.

BBB

412739 also you should not blatently throw phrases like that or at least catch yourself at the last minute like this "i am so hungry i could eat a ho-... um nevermind that"

412695 you live more i need more

Login or register to comment