• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 3,126 Views, 142 Comments

Master of Dimensions, Pleaser of Crowds. - Dimentio



Dimentio drags a surprised closet-brony into Equestria. Along the way, he learns of the magic of friendshi-Nope! Instead Dimentio begins a new quest to destroy everything and create his own perfect dimensions that he may rule.

  • ...
8
 142
 3,126

Chapter six: Plans, Parties, and Pasts (Rewrite pending)

Chapter six: Plans and Parties


John and co. made their way to Flutterhy's cottage on the edge of the Everfree Forest. The trip was uneventful for the most part until they reached the door. A small rabbit sat there staring at John. A moment later its curious stare became bored, then annoyed as it began thumping its foot and looking at all of the ponies ( and the human and dragon) gathered.

"We need to talk to Fluttershy." Rainbow dash spoke up after the brief staredown with the bunny. His response was to cross his arms for a bit and shake his head for a few moments before the door opened of its own accord.

"Hello?" Fluttershy said as she stuck her head out of the door, her eyes grew wide when she saw John. For a moment, it seemed as if she was unsure how to react to him.

"What kind of ape is that?" She asked timidly but with obvious interest.

"He's a human." Rainbow stated.

Within a moment, Fluttershy was in John's face observing him.She seemed fascinated by the fact that she was seeing a creature she had never heard of before. A few moments later her eyes lit up.

"He's adorable!" Fluttershy exclaimed practically strangling John in a hug.

"Huh?" John barely managed to get out.

"Fluttershy, he speaks Equestrian." Rainbow Dash said after she finished chuckling at John's plight.

"Oh...How old is he?" Fluttershy asked curiously as she loosened her grip on him.

"I...actually have no idea." Rainbow Dash admitted.

"I'm twenty two." John answered when he recovered.

"Oh my..." Fluttershy uttered from behind her mane as she released John completely. Her normally timid nature finally won out over her love for animals (especially since she just found out he wasn't really an animal).

"Twilight wanted us to introduce him to all of the other element bearers before his party. He needs someone to go to if his dementia returns." AppleJack explained.

"His name is Dimentio, I'm not demented." John said back.

"Sure ya aren't partner. It's just that none of us have actually seen 'Dimentio' before."

"Twilight saw him." John argued.

"She didn't mention it. Sorry John, it's not that we don't believe ya, it's just a bit far fetched." Applejack replied sympathetically.

"So basically you're saying it's not that you don't believe me, you just don't." John deadpanned.

"Anyway. Now that we've introduced you to everypony, we should get back to the library so you can get ready for your party." Rainbow Dash interrupted.

"Oh yeah, I had almost forgotten about that." John admitted.

"Well let's go!" Rainbow said as she began to push John in the direction of the library.

"Fine, fine you don't have to push me." John protested as he began to walk.

A short and awkwardly silent trip later and the group had already reached the library.

"Here we are." Rainbow announced.

"I can see that." John replied as he walked up to the door and opened it.

"Surprise!" Pinkie shouted in his face the moment the door was wide enough. Lights came on and several other ponies shouted as well.

"Holy shi-" John stumbled back and fell only to be caught by Applejack.

"Did we surprise you!? I hope we did because if you weren't surprised then the surprise party failed which would be a shame because there's cake and punch and plenty of ponies to talk to-" Pinkie practically exploded with words and excitement. Spike held her mouth shut for a few more moments until she seemed to be done.

"Uh, yeah it definitely surprised me." John said as he got back up.

"Good, because it's time to paaaartaaaaay!" Pinkie shouted again as she pulled everyone inside the library.

John couldn't complain about the party, he did manage to just hang around the ponies he knew (excluding Lyra) and discuss matters over (admittably delicious) cake. After a little while he found Twilight.

"Hey, Twilight. Has the princess responded to your letter yet?" John asked casually

"No, actually I'm a bit worried." Twilight admitted sounding a little concerned.

"I'm sure she's just busy." John reassured her.

"Probably, but this is a huge thing! That deranged jester could be incredibly dangerous!"

"Could be? He almost destroyed every dimension in existence once." John explained

"WHAT!? Why didn't you mention that earlier!?"

"Well, he wasn't too happy about me talking about him...wait a second. He hasn't said anything for hours now.I knew I wasn't going crazy!" John exclaimed.

"What do you think it means?" Twilight asked worriedly.

"Oh shit...I think he escaped my mind." John said as he shuddered.

Meanwhile...


Dimentio stood above the sleeping magician waiting for her to wake up. She was a light blue unicorn wearing a cape with a hat not far away. A few moments later Dimentio grew bored and kicked the sleeping mare's leg.

"Go away. Trixie does not do night shows." Trixie said groggily.

"Dimentio does!" Dimentio shouted with his usual creepy laughter.

"What the? Who are you? Get out of Trixie's home!" Trixie shouted.

"What? You don't allow fellow magicians into your house? How rude. As for who I am...I am the master of dimensions! The pleaser of crowds! I am Dimentio!" Dimentio said, his smile not even faltering. Trixie seemed to be getting creeped out by his stare.

Trixie shifted uneasily, looking for a way to escape her own home to get away from this being.

"I think you need my help, which is lucky because I could use a favor myself." Dimentio said calmly.

"The Great and Powerful Trixie does not need your help!" Trixie shouted.

"Oh really, is that why this wagon seems so run down? It looks like you haven't gotten a show in months!" Dimentio declared.

"Sh-shut up!" Trixie yelled back at him.

"Oh, but I can help! My magic is sure to get people to come in masses!" Dimentio announced.

"R-really? If you truly think you can attract a crowd, then Trixie shall accept your help." Trixie said as she gave in.

"Good, but first I'm going to..." Dimentio trailed off and snapped his fingers, a moment later he had entered Trixie's mind.

"What are you doing!?" Trixie panicked.

"We can't have the crowds to show up just to see me now can we?" Dimentio said deviously.